I am American, and I respect Christianity.

and yet how many die in the name of your god ...daily.....

mothers killing their kids cause god told them too

etc and so forth....

mcvey was christian

What garbage.

Why don't you quote those numbers? I can give you numbers (and they are high) for how many were killed by Islam yesterday.

PS..McVeigh didn't kill in the name of God.

Eric Rudolph did. He's the guy that bombed Olympic Park, a gay bar and an abortion clinic. The guy that walked into Doctor Tiller's church and shot him in front of his friends and family did it in the name of your god too. Wesbtborogh Baptist Church protests in the name of your god too.

Do you really want to get into the habit of painting an entire religion based on their extremists?

Protesting doesn't fall under extremists only ignorance. Nobody from Westborogh Baptist Church has killed anyone in the name of Christ.

If you favor war with Islam than that's how I see you.

I certainly didn't claim all Christians want that. :thup:
Ahem.
I give credit to Christians for being able to accept living in a society with secular laws. That's probably the biggest difference between most religions and Islam over the last 500 years, and it truly makes quite a difference in the civility of a nation or region, imo.

Unfortunately, old habits are hard to kick.​
So you can stop claiming you didn't say what you said.

You realize this doesn't show me making a comment that's anything close to what your accusing me of, yes?

You're really being a hack right now. :thup:
Sure. You stepped on your crank, and it's MY fault.

I'm sure it makes you feel better to believe that.

Maybe you could explain what you meant by "Unfortunately, old habits are hard to kick", if it's not my interpretation.

This ought to be amusing. :lol:

What garbage.

Why don't you quote those numbers? I can give you numbers (and they are high) for how many were killed by Islam yesterday.

Eric Rudolph did. He's the guy that bombed Olympic Park, a gay bar and an abortion clinic. The guy that walked into Doctor Tiller's church and shot him in front of his friends and family did it in the name of your god too. Wesbtborogh Baptist Church protests in the name of your god too.

Do you really want to get into the habit of painting an entire religion based on their extremists?

Protesting doesn't fall under extremists only ignorance. Nobody from Westborogh Baptist Church has killed anyone in the name of Christ.

You missed the point too. Islamaphobes paint ALL Muslims with the same extremist brush and yet would get their Jesus Jammies in a wad if you did the same to them. Not all Muslims are extremists that want to blow people up just as all Christians are not extremists that think god hates fags and soldiers that protect them are burning in hell...or whatever Westborough believes.

Actually, that is not the point.

The point of THIS thread, despite the multiple attempts to derail it and make it something else, is that I respect Christianity....but those who have flaunted their "respect" for Islam do not. In fact, their respect for Islam isn't respect for the religion of Islam or the people of Islam, it's respect for the fact that Islam targets Christians and America.

And this thread illuminates that in spades.

The point of THIS thread, despite the multiple attempts to derail it and make it something else, is that I respect Christianity....but those who have flaunted their "respect" for Islam do not. In fact, their respect for Islam isn't respect for the religion of Islam or the people of Islam, it's respect for the fact that Islam targets Christians and America.

Then your "point" (which is really just a twisted opinion) is wrong.

Leftists don't respect anything which has a moral STANDARD. They are humanistic and demand acceptance regardless how evil and perverse their actions are. It's the age old war of Good V/s Evil. Chalk it up to absolute intolerance, especially if it involves God.. Their fangs come out.. Let them stew in it.

It is a VERY tough question for American Christians to answer because of the whole 'freedom & tolerating others' versus 'NO one gets to The Father except through Jesus and everyone else is going to hell' dogmas battling it out in their hearts.

I am a Christian and believe that NO one gets to the Father except through Jesus but I do not believe that everyone else is going to hell. I do believe there will be a special place for those that do not believe in a diety and/or attempt to deny the worship of God to those that do. I call it an eternal dirt nap.

Respect? Islam? hardly.

Leftists don't respect anything which has a moral STANDARD. They are humanistic and demand acceptance regardless how evil and perverse their actions are. It's the age old war of Good V/s Evil. Chalk it up to absolute intolerance, especially if it involves God.. Their fangs come out.. Let them stew in it.

^ Thus the thoughts of a simpleton who cannot think beyond a binary world.

The Hope of salvation unto eternal life is Christ. This is the historical biblical faith. What is puzzling to me, is that so many who do not believe this, are so angry over the exclusivity of the message. If you reject it as false then what's your beef?

The Hope of salvation unto eternal life is Christ. This is the historical biblical faith. What is puzzling to me, is that so many who do not believe this, are so angry over the exclusivity of the message. If you reject it as false then what's your beef?

That's nice...just don't try to force it on us in the form of Civil law...ok?

and yet how many die in the name of your god ...daily.....

mothers killing their kids cause god told them too

etc and so forth....

mcvey was christian

What garbage.

No..That is where you are wrong and this is where you libs fall off the credibility wagon.
Typically when an Islamist terror attack occurs, you people instantly circle the wagons. The excuses start flying about. Your side claims the entire religion cannot be condemned. After all it's just the radicals. Point taken.
Now, you refuse to apply the same standards to Christianity? Above, you and others quickly condemn the entire faith over the actions of the few.
Why the double standard?
Answer that question and that question only...Have at it.
Oh, failure to answer honestly will result in loss of all credibility.
You see, when you make statements and take positions without doing your homework, you set traps for yourself.
BTW,,,,"God" is a name. And as such you will use a capital "G".I know you libs cannot stand the mere mention of God. So you show your disdain by deliberately using a lower case "g"

Extremism is extremism. Same whore, different dress.

You missed the point. Are you saying that Christians tend to have as many extremists as islam? Are you saying the religions are the same based on the example you provided?

So....you think that it's their religion that causes the extremism? I'm not saying it doesn't have an effect, but it's not the root cause. There is a combination of things that feed into it.

1. socioeconomics.....most of these people are dirt poor, have little to no education and are frustrated beyond belief by the endless violence, the enormous wealth that oil has brought to the region that only the royal families see, they see change.all around them that they are not mentally equipped to handle at such a rapid pace.

2. The extremist leaders, who Cherry Pick.parts of their Holy Book to stir the masses and make enemies out of anyone who doesn't fall in line....people on the far right ought to be familiar with that.....but that's NOT religion....that is propaganda for recruitment purposes.

That's just two off the top of my head....I got to go to work now.

Wow.

1. In Islam everything is about religion. Politics, economics, science, and even family all come a distant second to religion. The socioeconomic conditions they live in are not imposed by outside forces, and are actually magnitudes better than they are in other parts of the word. Tell me something, how much socioeconomic based terrorism comes out of sub-Sahara Africa?
  2. That is religion, just like it is religion when David Koresh, Fred Phelps, and Jim Jones does it. You don't get to cherry pick your definition of religion in order to argue that religious based cults have nothing to do with religion. Debate honestly, if you can. You can argue they are cults, or that they distort Islam, but you cannot argue that it is not religion, only a fool would fall for that.

You missed the point too. Islamaphobes paint ALL Muslims with the same extremist brush and yet would get their Jesus Jammies in a wad if you did the same to them. Not all Muslims are extremists that want to blow people up just as all Christians are not extremists that think god hates fags and soldiers that protect them are burning in hell...or whatever Westborough believes.

Actually, the Islamaphobes are the ones who insist we should stop insulting Islam. Unless, of course, you also rail against Christianphobes who smear all Christians with the brush of the crusades.

Wait, you do that, and you cannot possibly be a bigot, can you?

Actually, the Islamaphobes are the ones who insist we should stop insulting Islam. Unless, of course, you also rail against Christianphobes who smear all Christians with the brush of the crusades.

Wait, you do that, and you cannot possibly be a bigot, can you?

Yes I am. I'm bigoted against extremism and intolerance...of all stripes and in all religions.

No, you're bigoted against Christians. Evidenced by your statement above..and admission that you view all Christians as intolerant and extremist.

Forum List

Back