I am starting to think that Trump did it on purpose.

Trump certainly knows that his base will defend him through anything, but I don't think anything else is planned out.

He is mentally ill. He is entirely in the moment, saying absolutely whatever he thinks it will take to build himself up. That is his only priority, due to his profound insecurities. Look at what he was doing in the recording, trying to impress the writer and the publisher with top secret documents. I think that may be why he was so desperate to keep them, to use them to impress people.

In the past, he's been able to talk his way out of the daily stupid things he says and does in his desperation for acceptance and validation, but he's entirely out of his intellectual league now. This isn't the NY commercial real estate world, where he can bully and intimidate people.

He knows damn well what he is doing and he knows damn well that his base will stick by him. You know, shoot someone on 5th avenue! He has gone out of his way to be visible about it as in, He took the secret docs, clearly left a trail of evidence, admitted on auto tape that he knows that he is wrong, the docs are secret and that he is clearly showing people when he wasn't president. It is clear as day that he is guilty as hell, but I believe his goal is to attempt a coup.
One where he sends the public into pure rage and destroys the credibility of the government and he is counting on this rage to win the 2024 election. Once he wins if he does he then can pardon himselfs...Hell, even if he doesn't, a republican will likely pardon him anyways as his base would likely destroy anyone's political future for anyone that wouldn't.
He knows damn well that our political institutions, justice system and a huge percentage of the voting population will have his back...They simply don't give a damn. This is why this man is so dangerous as he may have the political power to be the greatest threat to our checks and balances in our nations history as any wrong doings on his part will just be used to rocket him forward. Hitler, Napoleon, and many other dictators throughout history have done something similar. Very ugly but true.
He is counting on his base being so enraged that they simply don't give a damn about right or wrong. They then will do something very stupid.
You don't "think" ANYTHING!
You FEEEEEEEEELZ.
:rolleyes:

So how long before this were you stupid?
And that's usually the response I get. Not argument - just astonishment (and of course gratuitous insults).

Frankly, I'm astonished so few see it. The papers thing was just a pissing match. Trump taunting them into doing something stupid. And they obliged.

Trump certainly knows that his base will defend him through anything, but I don't think anything else is planned out.

He is mentally ill. He is entirely in the moment ...

That, right there, is why I think this was, in fact, a deliberate act of defiance. This situation wasn't "in the moment". It wasn't a gaff. It wasn't one of his offhand remarks. It went on over a period of months. He repeatedly defied them, a little a time. Just enough to keep them chasing the bait, thinking that they finally had him.

His ratings were waning and he needed a boost. And it worked.

I'm not one who thinks Trump is some kind of secret genius. I agree that he is mentally ill. Most of what he does is instinctual, childish - but it's effective. Trump is breaking democracy and Democrats are accommodating him.

He knows damn well what he is doing and he knows damn well that his base will stick by him. You know, shoot someone on 5th avenue! He has gone out of his way to be visible about it as in, He took the secret docs, clearly left a trail of evidence, admitted on auto tape that he knows that he is wrong, the docs are secret and that he is clearly showing people when he wasn't president. It is clear as day that he is guilty as hell, but I believe his goal is to attempt a coup.
One where he sends the public into pure rage and destroys the credibility of the government and he is counting on this rage to win the 2024 election. Once he wins if he does he then can pardon himselfs...Hell, even if he doesn't, a republican will likely pardon him anyways as his base would likely destroy anyone's political future for anyone that wouldn't.
He knows damn well that our political institutions, justice system and a huge percentage of the voting population will have his back...They simply don't give a damn. This is why this man is so dangerous as he may have the political power to be the greatest threat to our checks and balances in our nations history as any wrong doings on his part will just be used to rocket him forward. Hitler, Napoleon, and many other dictators throughout history have done something similar. Very ugly but true.
He is counting on his base being so enraged that they simply don't give a damn about right or wrong. They then will do something very stupid.
You give him too much credit.

He's a venal stupid man...he does shit and then uses bluster and lies to defend that shit.

I'm not one who thinks Trump is some kind of secret genius. I agree that he is mentally ill. Most of what he does is instinctual, childish - but it's effective. Trump is breaking democracy and Democrats are accommodating him.
He knows his rubes.

To (once again) steal a line from another poster, in 2015 "he took one look at the talk radio crowd and said THIS is gonna be EASY".

Gotta give him credit for that.

mH461G9.gif

What I find interesting is that lefties have been claiming that a president can't just say he declassified documents and yet they have this audio recording and saying, "See, here is Trump admitting that he didn't declassify this document". In other words, they are now admitting that a president CAN declassify documents. Lefties are so full of shit it is coming out of their ears.

What I find interesting is that lefties have been claiming that a president can't just say he declassified documents and yet they have this audio recording and saying, "See, here is Trump admitting that he didn't declassify this document". In other words, they are now admitting that a president CAN declassify documents. Lefties are so full of shit it is coming out of their ears.

That's factual

Forum List

Back