I am Totally Disgusted With The GOP; I am Voting for Sanders

Your vote will be wasted.

I do not believe that any vote is ever wasted.

And better to waste it than to vote for an evil man, like Ted Cruz or evil hag like Clinton.

Bowie, what the hell is going on with you?
huh.gif

Sorry buddy, Sanders reminds me of the crazy uncle that when he comes over, you send the kids next door to go play.

Oh, and lock the liquor cabinet.

Yeah, sometimes he comes across to me like that as well, but most of the time, he reminds me of an old college professor I once knew, seriously, at Harding University back in 1977.

So I get a different vibe than you do, I guess.

Yep.... I will say this, he seems genuine in his beliefs. I'll give him that. Now, I don't want any part of his beliefs... but at least I think he's honest in that respect.

Bernie Sanders has taken the high road in his campaign in several respects; by not accepting corporate contributions and by not attacking Clinton on her email server issues, and just leaving that to the FBI.

And despite his playing fair and with dignity, Clinton has gone after him using the influence she has in the DNC to repeatedly cheat Sanders. But he doesnt make this a main focus on his campaign, instead he keeps his focus on the issues of breaking up Wall Street banks, free tuition for college students and revising our free trade treaties to the advantage of American workers and not corporations.

I like Sanders position on these issues, and while I do not like his position on abortion and Black Lies Matter, these issues are already pegged to the far left, so him being elected wont change anything for the worse in these matters.

Sanders has the character that NOBODY ELSE IN EITHER PARTY HAS SHOWN. And h e has the intelligence and determination to be a decent President domestically. Yes, our foreign policy will suffer, but our allies have been sucking the American teet so much and wont get off that I really could not care less what happens to Europe, the Middle East Japan, Korea or anywhere else.

I am sick to death of watching Americans languish under the current corporate crony network and I am now feeling like Trump will not have a fighting chance to beat the Establishment in the GOP. Sanders is OK on gun issues, so I can support him without damaging gun rights.

Everything else aside from the economy and gun rights are of secondary importance to me.

Will Sanders suck on stopping terrorism? Yes, but not effectively more so than a GOP political whore like Cruz would do. Cruz cant even defend his own people if they become controversial as he promised he would simply fire anyone ever accused of being rough with a reporter no matter the circumstances. Cruz has gone so far into Political Correctness regarding any of Trumps fake controversies that I dont even recognize him any more, and his cheating with delegates, WTF? I dont want a man like that in the White House, I dont care what he says he will do or stand for. The man has zero integrity.

So My first preference is now Sanders and Trump is number two, and number three is a protest third party vote. I prefer Trump on the issues, but he is not very deep on them as his abortion comment revealed, and his political ground game is so weak that Cruz is ripping him off in AZ and ND, so I find myself questioning his judgement in terms of preparation and political tactics. That undermines my confidence in him in other areas as well.

Sanders has been batting 100% since he started his race. He has been solid, polite, courteous, standing up for his beliefs and taking a laser focus on the issues. He is honest, hard working and commands the factoids involved in all these issues. Though on social issues I am opposed to him across the board. The hitch is this; the GOP has done nothing of substance for social issues either. So it is a wash. Had the GOP ever actually delivered on a single one of its social issue promises, it would be a factor to consider, but since they have not, fuck them for being liars and posers. They have made one of their biggest voting draws completely irrelevant due to their apathy and inaction.

So since the issues where Sanders deltas with his GOP opponents positives are far stronger than his deltas with his weaknesses, I have to say, to be honest, I am now supporting Sanders as my primary choice, and Trump is my number two. Sanders may have a sympathetic Senate, but it doesnt matter since Republicans are trained to sit up and beg or roll over on command from the Democrats in the White House anyway. All Congressional GOP can do well is to hammer their intra-party upstarts and rebels, but they cant stand up to Democrats any more, not ever.

Ted Cruz can suck my left nut. Kasich is delusional and Clinton belongs in prison already.

Yeah, I have probably lost some friends today, and I am sorry, but we have to break the back of the Corporate Crony Network or our nation dies and Sanders is the only one left who I think can actually do it.

If the corporations still control this countries political system by 2025, I think the America I grew up in and love with all my heart, that America will be dead and gone for ever.

The government is corrupt and rigged as Sanders would say.

So he has an epiphany to empower them more with health care and other things.

What a douche.

Bernie Sanders has taken the high road in his campaign in several respects; by not accepting corporate contributions and by not attacking Clinton on her email server issues, and just leaving that to the FBI.

And despite his playing fair and with dignity, Clinton has gone after him using the influence she has in the DNC to repeatedly cheat Sanders. But he doesnt make this a main focus on his campaign, instead he keeps his focus on the issues of breaking up Wall Street banks, free tuition for college students and revising our free trade treaties to the advantage of American workers and not corporations.

I like Sanders position on these issues, and while I do not like his position on abortion and Black Lies Matter, these issues are already pegged to the far left, so him being elected wont change anything for the worse in these matters.

Sanders has the character that NOBODY ELSE IN EITHER PARTY HAS SHOWN. And h e has the intelligence and determination to be a decent President domestically. Yes, our foreign policy will suffer, but our allies have been sucking the American teet so much and wont get off that I really could not care less what happens to Europe, the Middle East Japan, Korea or anywhere else.

I am sick to death of watching Americans languish under the current corporate crony network and I am now feeling like Trump will not have a fighting chance to beat the Establishment in the GOP. Sanders is OK on gun issues, so I can support him without damaging gun rights.

Everything else aside from the economy and gun rights are of secondary importance to me.

Will Sanders suck on stopping terrorism? Yes, but not effectively more so than a GOP political whore like Cruz would do. Cruz cant even defend his own people if they become controversial as he promised he would simply fire anyone ever accused of being rough with a reporter no matter the circumstances. Cruz has gone so far into Political Correctness regarding any of Trumps fake controversies that I dont even recognize him any more, and his cheating with delegates, WTF? I dont want a man like that in the White House, I dont care what he says he will do or stand for. The man has zero integrity.

So My first preference is now Sanders and Trump is number two, and number three is a protest third party vote. I prefer Trump on the issues, but he is not very deep on them as his abortion comment revealed, and his political ground game is so weak that Cruz is ripping him off in AZ and ND, so I find myself questioning his judgement in terms of preparation and political tactics. That undermines my confidence in him in other areas as well.

Sanders has been batting 100% since he started his race. He has been solid, polite, courteous, standing up for his beliefs and taking a laser focus on the issues. He is honest, hard working and commands the factoids involved in all these issues. Though on social issues I am opposed to him across the board. The hitch is this; the GOP has done nothing of substance for social issues either. So it is a wash. Had the GOP ever actually delivered on a single one of its social issue promises, it would be a factor to consider, but since they have not, fuck them for being liars and posers. They have made one of their biggest voting draws completely irrelevant due to their apathy and inaction.

So since the issues where Sanders deltas with his GOP opponents positives are far stronger than his deltas with his weaknesses, I have to say, to be honest, I am now supporting Sanders as my primary choice, and Trump is my number two. Sanders may have a sympathetic Senate, but it doesnt matter since Republicans are trained to sit up and beg or roll over on command from the Democrats in the White House anyway. All Congressional GOP can do well is to hammer their intra-party upstarts and rebels, but they cant stand up to Democrats any more, not ever.

Ted Cruz can suck my left nut. Kasich is delusional and Clinton belongs in prison already.

Yeah, I have probably lost some friends today, and I am sorry, but we have to break the back of the Corporate Crony Network or our nation dies and Sanders is the only one left who I think can actually do it.

If the corporations still control this countries political system by 2025, I think the America I grew up in and love with all my heart, that America will be dead and gone for ever.

What a douche.

Exactly.

He advocates the Nordic economic system. It sounds pretty good if one takes the time to read about it.

I am fairly familiar with Swedens economic system, but they went through a losening of standards also back in the 90s IIRC.

Economy of Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sweden is a competitive mixed economy featuring a generous universal welfare state financed through relatively high income taxes that ensures that income is distributed across the entire society, a model sometimes called the Nordic model.[14] Approximately 90% of all resources and companies are privately owned, with a minority of 5% owned by the state and another 5% operating as either consumer or producer cooperatives.[15]...
The National Institute of Economic research predicts GDP growth of 1.8%, 3.1% and 3.4% in 2014, 2015 and 2016 respectively.[17] A comparison of upcoming economic growth rates of EU countries revealed that the Baltic states, Poland, and Slovakia are the only countries that are expected to keep comparable or higher growth rates.[18]...

A real estate boom ended in a bust. The government took over nearly a quarter of banking assets at a cost of about 4% of the nation's GDP. This was known colloquially as the "Stockholm Solution". In 2007, the United States Federal Reserve noted, "In the early 1970s, Sweden had one of the highest income levels in Europe; today, its lead has all but disappeared...So, even well-managed financial crises don't really have a happy ending".[26]

The welfare system that had been growing rapidly since the 1970s could not be sustained with a falling GDP, lower employment and larger welfare payments. In 1994 the government budget deficit exceeded 15% of GDP. The response of the government was to cut spending and institute a multitude of reforms to improve Sweden's competitiveness. When the international economic outlook improved combined with a rapid growth in the IT sector, which Sweden was well positioned to capitalize on, the country was able to emerge from the crisis.[27]

The crisis of the 1990s was by some viewed as the end of the much buzzed welfare model called "Svenska modellen", literally "The Swedish Model", as it proved that governmental spending at the levels previously experienced in Sweden was not long term sustainable in a global open economy.[28] Much of the Swedish Model's acclaimed advantages actually had to be viewed as a result of the post WWII special situation, which left Sweden untouched when competitors' economies were comparatively weak.[29]

However, the reforms enacted during the 1990s seem to have created a model in which extensive welfare benefits can be maintained in a global economy.[22]....

Sweden is an export-oriented mixed economy featuring a modern distribution system, excellent internal and external communications, and a skilled labor force. Timber, hydropower and iron ore constitute the resource base of an economy heavily oriented toward foreign trade. Sweden's engineering sector accounts for 50% of output and exports. Telecommunications, the automotive industry and the pharmaceutical industries are also of great importance. Agriculture accounts for 2 percent of GDP and employment.

The 20 largest Sweden-registered companies by turnover in 2013 were Volvo, Ericsson, Vattenfall, Skanska, Hennes & Mauritz, Electrolux,Volvo Personvagnar, Preem, TeliaSonera, Sandvik, ICA, Atlas Copco, Nordea, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget, Scania, Securitas,Nordstjernan, SKF, ABB Norden Holding and Sony Mobile Communications AB, .[30] Sweden's industry is overwhelmingly in private control; unlike some other industrialized Western countries, such as Austria, Italy or Finland, state owned enterprises were always of minor importance. One important exception to this rule is LKAB, which is a state-owned mining company, mostly active in the northern part of the country.

Some 4.5 million residents are working, out of which around a third with tertiary education. GDP per hour worked is the world's 9th highest at 31 USD in 2006, compared to 22 USD in Spain and 35 USD in United States.[31] According to OECD, deregulation, globalization, and technology sector growth have been key productivity drivers.[31] GDP per hour worked is growing 21⁄2 per cent a year for the economy as a whole and trade-terms-balanced productivity growth 2%.[31] Sweden is a world leader in privatized pensions and pension funding problems are small compared to many other Western European countries.[32] Swedish labor market has become more flexible, but it still has some widely acknowledged problems.[31] The typical worker receives only 40% of his income after the tax wedge. The slowly declining overall taxation, 51.1% of GDP in 2007, is still nearly double of that in the United States or Ireland. Civil servants amount to a third of Swedish workforce, multiple times the proportion in many other countries. Overall, GDP growth has been fast since reforms in the early 1990s, especially in manufacturing.[33]

World Economic Forum 2012–2013 competitiveness index ranks Sweden 4th most competitive.[34] The Index of Economic Freedom 2012 ranks Sweden the 21st most free out of 179 countries, or 10th out of 43 European countries.[35] Sweden ranked 9th in the IMD Competitiveness Yearbook 2008, scoring high in private sector efficiency.

What a douche.

Who do you think is empowring who with 'health care and other things'?

He advocates the Nordic economic system. It sounds pretty good if one takes the time to read about it.

I am fairly familiar with Swedens economic system, but they went through a losening of standards also back in the 90s IIRC.

Sweden is a competitive mixed economy featuring a generous universal welfare state financed through relatively high income taxes that ensures that income is distributed across the entire society, a model sometimes called the Nordic model.[14] Approximately 90% of all resources and companies are privately owned, with a minority of 5% owned by the state and another 5% operating as either consumer or producer cooperatives.[15]...
The National Institute of Economic research predicts GDP growth of 1.8%, 3.1% and 3.4% in 2014, 2015 and 2016 respectively.[17] A comparison of upcoming economic growth rates of EU countries revealed that the Baltic states, Poland, and Slovakia are the only countries that are expected to keep comparable or higher growth rates.[18]...

A real estate boom ended in a bust. The government took over nearly a quarter of banking assets at a cost of about 4% of the nation's GDP. This was known colloquially as the "Stockholm Solution". In 2007, the United States Federal Reserve noted, "In the early 1970s, Sweden had one of the highest income levels in Europe; today, its lead has all but disappeared...So, even well-managed financial crises don't really have a happy ending".[26]

The welfare system that had been growing rapidly since the 1970s could not be sustained with a falling GDP, lower employment and larger welfare payments. In 1994 the government budget deficit exceeded 15% of GDP. The response of the government was to cut spending and institute a multitude of reforms to improve Sweden's competitiveness. When the international economic outlook improved combined with a rapid growth in the IT sector, which Sweden was well positioned to capitalize on, the country was able to emerge from the crisis.[27]

The crisis of the 1990s was by some viewed as the end of the much buzzed welfare model called "Svenska modellen", literally "The Swedish Model", as it proved that governmental spending at the levels previously experienced in Sweden was not long term sustainable in a global open economy.[28] Much of the Swedish Model's acclaimed advantages actually had to be viewed as a result of the post WWII special situation, which left Sweden untouched when competitors' economies were comparatively weak.[29]

However, the reforms enacted during the 1990s seem to have created a model in which extensive welfare benefits can be maintained in a global economy.[22]....

Sweden is an export-oriented mixed economy featuring a modern distribution system, excellent internal and external communications, and a skilled labor force. Timber, hydropower and iron ore constitute the resource base of an economy heavily oriented toward foreign trade. Sweden's engineering sector accounts for 50% of output and exports. Telecommunications, the automotive industry and the pharmaceutical industries are also of great importance. Agriculture accounts for 2 percent of GDP and employment.

The 20 largest Sweden-registered companies by turnover in 2013 were Volvo, Ericsson, Vattenfall, Skanska, Hennes & Mauritz, Electrolux,Volvo Personvagnar, Preem, TeliaSonera, Sandvik, ICA, Atlas Copco, Nordea, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget, Scania, Securitas,Nordstjernan, SKF, ABB Norden Holding and Sony Mobile Communications AB, .[30] Sweden's industry is overwhelmingly in private control; unlike some other industrialized Western countries, such as Austria, Italy or Finland, state owned enterprises were always of minor importance. One important exception to this rule is LKAB, which is a state-owned mining company, mostly active in the northern part of the country.

Some 4.5 million residents are working, out of which around a third with tertiary education. GDP per hour worked is the world's 9th highest at 31 USD in 2006, compared to 22 USD in Spain and 35 USD in United States.[31] According to OECD, deregulation, globalization, and technology sector growth have been key productivity drivers.[31] GDP per hour worked is growing 21⁄2 per cent a year for the economy as a whole and trade-terms-balanced productivity growth 2%.[31] Sweden is a world leader in privatized pensions and pension funding problems are small compared to many other Western European countries.[32] Swedish labor market has become more flexible, but it still has some widely acknowledged problems.[31] The typical worker receives only 40% of his income after the tax wedge. The slowly declining overall taxation, 51.1% of GDP in 2007, is still nearly double of that in the United States or Ireland. Civil servants amount to a third of Swedish workforce, multiple times the proportion in many other countries. Overall, GDP growth has been fast since reforms in the early 1990s, especially in manufacturing.[33]

World Economic Forum 2012–2013 competitiveness index ranks Sweden 4th most competitive.[34] The Index of Economic Freedom 2012 ranks Sweden the 21st most free out of 179 countries, or 10th out of 43 European countries.[35] Sweden ranked 9th in the IMD Competitiveness Yearbook 2008, scoring high in private sector efficiency.

Lots of upward mobility.

Denmark’s success has been noted before: The Economist recently hailed the Nordic model as an expansive and thick social safety net beside vibrant capitalism as the next “supermodel.” The evidence is strong: the four Nordic countries rank at the top for entrepreneurship, education, happiness, health indicators, equality and social mobility.

Denmark is Better At Realizing the American Dream Than America

I do not believe that any vote is ever wasted.

And better to waste it than to vote for an evil man, like Ted Cruz or evil hag like Clinton.

Bowie, what the hell is going on with you?
huh.gif

I am mentally puking all over the GOP, and leaving the cleanup for whatever Trump people are still standing come November.

I am sick to death of their infighting, low character, cheating each other, swindling voters and just all in all low character for which I have no regard for.

My Gawd, the Black Plague would be better for the USA than to let Cruz win the Oval Office and bring those pirates into the seat of power.

Lots of upward mobility.

Denmark’s success has been noted before: The Economist recently hailed the Nordic model as an expansive and thick social safety net beside vibrant capitalism as the next “supermodel.” The evidence is strong: the four Nordic countries rank at the top for entrepreneurship, education, happiness, health indicators, equality and social mobility.

Ironically, a controlled and regulated economy provides for more freedom for the participants. Like the casino effect of the 1800s, where people simply stop[ped playing Faro and avoided casinos, and banned them in most states due to rampant casino cheating, the free market has earned the reputation of being a hollow promise if it lacks adequate safeguards, verification, validation and regulation.

But an even bigger matter to deal with is the coming 'Third Industrial Revolution' which is slashing jobs with new tech that can be automatically installed, updates itself or for which there is auto updating/maintenance available.

Jobs are going to start to dwindle in a progressively faster rate over the next three decades and they will hit some kind of wall around 15% of the economy, based on what slaves used to do in Southern economies, if the analogy holds true. There is a solid 15% of the economy that seems to demand expert, skilled manual labor that should survive, but such a low percentage means that jobs will be very rare and a barter economy will grow beneath the traditional cash economy.

To get from here to there we will need a form of government that inspires the confidence of the people and an economic system that people can feel hopeful about and not just the law of the economic jungle.

Last edited:

You must be bi-polar. You call me every name in the book when I posted that the SCOTUS affirmed the "one-man, one-vote" law and now you're going to vote for someone who supports it even more than I do. Check your meds. Or at least learn more about Bernie.

Yeah, thats a great move. Lenin was also disguising his communistic tendencies, from his mentor, marx, in the form of socialist progressive moves in order to fool the people.
roflmao, that is such a confusing and ambiguous post.

Who are you depicting as Lenin here and who is Marx? Do you even know who they were?

Did you know that communism actually began as an effort by a few American frontier settlers intent on restoring the First Century Churches way of life?

All too well. Lenin was enamored with das kapital and the communist manifesto. He implemented it through lying to the people in russia. And, of course, millions died from the state controlling resources. Stalin continued his teachings and millions more died. Mao got in on the action and millions more died.

Sanders does not advocate the state owning any means of production, so in terms of socialism, he is to the right of Fabian socialists, by quite a bit, nowhere near any kind of Bolshevism.

The Nordic system? Is that what it's called now?

Yeah, thats a great move. Lenin was also disguising his communistic tendencies, from his mentor, marx, in the form of socialist progressive moves in order to fool the people.

Who are you depicting as Lenin here and who is Marx? Do you even know who they were?

Did you know that communism actually began as an effort by a few American frontier settlers intent on restoring the First Century Churches way of life?

All too well. Lenin was enamored with das kapital and the communist manifesto. He implemented it through lying to the people in russia. And, of course, millions died from the state controlling resources. Stalin continued his teachings and millions more died. Mao got in on the action and millions more died.

Sanders does not advocate the state owning any means of production, so in terms of socialism, he is to the right of Fabian socialists, by quite a bit, nowhere near any kind of Bolshevism.

They always have to disguise communism.

You must be bi-polar. You call me every name in the book when I posted that the SCOTUS affirmed the "one-man, one-vote" law and now you're going to vote for someone who supports it even more than I do. Check your meds. Or at least learn more about Bernie.

It was a rather long post, especially for a libtard like yourself, but had you read it all, you might have taken note of the part where I point out that I still dont agree with Sanders on many issues, especially social issues. I consider them irrelevant because it is no loss for my perspective on these things since the GOP is feckless, unproductive and a bunch of posturing liars anyway.

So have a good day, dude.

No it will not be wasted.

It is sickening that so many believe you either have to vote for the GOP or Democratic candidate and if you do not then it is a wasted vote, but what the reality is people should vote for the candidate they feel best fit them and be damn what those like you write because it is ignorant and really anti-American!

They always have to disguise communism.

Tell me how this is communism.

Nordic model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, it is not what you think it is, I am guessing.

World Economic Forum 2012–2013 competitiveness index ranks Sweden 4th most competitive.[34] The Index of Economic Freedom 2012 ranks Sweden the 21st most free out of 179 countries, or 10th out of 43 European countries.[35] Sweden ranked 9th in the IMD Competitiveness Yearbook 2008, scoring high in private sector efficiency.[36] According to the book, The Flight of the Creative Class, by the U.S. urban studies, Professor Richard Florida of University of Toronto, Sweden is ranked as having the best creativity in Europe for business and is predicted to become a talent magnet for the world's most purposeful workers. The book compiled an index to measure the kind of creativity it claims is most useful to business – talent, technology and tolerance.[37]Sweden's investment into research and development stood, in 2007, at over 3.5% of GDP. This is considerably higher than that of a number of MEDCs, including the United States, and is the largest among the OECD members.[38]

Sweden rejected the Euro in a referendum in 2003, and Sweden maintains its own currency, the Swedish krona (SEK). The Swedish Riksbank—founded in 1668 and thus making it the oldest central bank in the world—is currently focusing on price stability with its inflation target of 2%. According to Economic Survey of Sweden 2007 by OECD, the average inflation in Sweden has been one of the lowest among European countries since the mid-1990s, largely because of deregulation and quick utilization of globalization.[31]

The largest trade flows are with Germany, United States, Norway, United Kingdom, Denmark and Finland.

The Swedish economic picture has brightened significantly since the severe recession in the early 1990s. Growth has been strong in recent years, and even though the growth in the economy slackened between 2001 and 2003, the growth rate has picked up since with an average growth rate of 3.7% in the last three years. The long-run prospects for growth remain favorable. The inflation rate is low and stable, with projections for continued low levels over the next 2–3 years.

Since the mid-1990s the export sector has been booming, acting as the main engine for economic growth. Swedish exports also have proven to be surprisingly robust. A marked shift in the structure of the exports, where services, the IT industry, and telecommunications have taken over from traditional industries such as steel, paper and pulp, has made the Swedish export sector less vulnerable to international fluctuations.

Forum List

Back