I Believe The New Supreme Will Be.....

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
Judge Hardiman. He's from Pennsylvania, a red state that was crucial to President Trump's victory. He went to Notre Dame, not OXFORD like Gorsuch. And he's driving to D.C. today....would Trump have him do that if he was the runner-up? That would be awkward. The murmurs are that Trump hasn't totally decided on the pick and is using his usual showmanship to heighten the suspense. My bet he will go with the tougher sounding name "HARDiMAN".
yes-fist-pump-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thomas Michael Hardiman is a federal judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He was previously a United States district judge. He maintains chambers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Wikipedia
Born: July 8, 1965 (age 51 years), Winchester, MA
Spouse: Lori Hardiman (m. 1992)
Party: Republican Party
Succeeded by: Cathy Bissoon
Education: Georgetown Law, Georgetown University, University of Notre Dame

page1-220px-JudgeThomasHardiman.pdf.jpg

Neil McGill Gorsuch is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. Wikipedia
Born: August 29, 1967 (age 49 years), Denver, CO
Nationality: American
Spouse: Marie Louise
Parents: Anne Gorsuch Burford
Education: University College, Oxford, Columbia University, University of Oxford, Harvard University, Harvard Law School
Books: The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia

neil-gorsuch.jpg

We must pray for a pure conservative.

Agreed...not another Souter or Roberts. Gorsuch's background has some red flags...the other Justices can destroy an associate judge who isn't rock solid in his beliefs.

Gorsuch would be the closest you would get to it, elektra.

Hardiman is quite right of center, but he is no Gorsuch.

I know nothing of either and have not the time to learn.

Look what Oxford did to Clinton and Colorado went blue for a reason.....hippy dippy do. Plus the last name "GOR" uh oh "SUCH" such as what?

I suspect it's hardiman as well. Which I'm not sure I like. I hear he is to the left of Roberts. Makes me nervous

Hardiman is indeed to the left of Roberts, Alito, Scalia, and Thomas.

If it is Hardiman, the dems should be wise and let him be ratified.

According to the Business Insider, Hardiman has a connection to the Trump clan:

Hardiman also has the backing of Trump's closest judicial source: his sister.

Maryanne Trump Barry, a fellow 3rd Circuit judge, holds a high opinion of Hardiman. As an adviser who spoke with the president told Politico, "Maryanne is high on Hardiman."

And those who know the conservative judge say there's another trait that could be attractive to Trump.

"I don't know that I can think of anybody that seemed as down-to-earth as he is," Carter Phillips, a Washington, DC, lawyer who has argued before the Supreme Court more than any other attorney in private practice, told Business Insider.

Phillips said he has argued a pair of cases in front of Hardiman, been a part of a few panels with the Pittsburgh-based judge, and had a handful of Hardiman's former clerks work at his law firm, Sidley Austin.

"He's a really nice person," Phillips said. "I think he will be what you see is what you get on the bench. I don't think you're going to see anything quite like Justice Scalia in that regard — I don't expect him to be larger than life. ... He appears, by all means, to be a solid conservative."

As Trump readies to announce Supreme Court pick, one judge emerges as top candidate

Social media is exploding saying it's Neil G.

I guess we will find out in an hour

Last edited:
Well, my prediction, although well thought-out in my humble opinion, wasn't correct. I wonder why Hardiman was invited to come there...my guess is he was told he will fill the next vacancy. Congrats Justice Gorsuch...may you serve long, and with distinction. :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back