🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I cannot stand idly by any longer

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

So I came to one conclusion:

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

I am not fooled. I will defy this trend. I will stand up for what I believe in.

i oppose trump for who he is, what he is, who he represents, and what he has done to our nation.

i will not stand idly by while trump and right wingers spit on the constitution and destroy our nation.

i will work against him and you

i will speak against him and you

i will vote against him and you

if you think that makes me your enemy then you can go fuk a flag

Then I hope we never meet in person. That is all I can say to you.
you are a coward and i spit on you

Whatever. Keyboard warrior.

trumpers are human garbage.

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

i oppose trump for who he is, what he is, who he represents, and what he has done to our nation.

i will not stand idly by while trump and right wingers spit on the constitution and destroy our nation.

i will work against him and you

i will speak against him and you

i will vote against him and you

if you think that makes me your enemy then you can go fuk a flag

Then I hope we never meet in person. That is all I can say to you.
you just threatened me with violence. you are human garbage.

Fool.

Fighting doesn't always mean with fists and guns.
so you admit you are a coward?

No. I don't have to hit you to hurt you.

Has Joe Biden ever made a comment condemning the Brown Shirt tactics of Antifa, who consistently have
attacked patriots?
I haven't heard of any. And if he has, where has he backed those words up in any way at all?

Yes, he has.

He hasn't said there are "very fine people" among them, that's for sure...

That kind of snide, backhanded answer shows you are giving this kind of behavior a pass.
How? Biden has condemned the violence in no uncertain terms. I condemn the violence in no uncertain terms. Donnie Covidseed does not condemned violence from ANY of his supporters. He, in fact, encouraged it.

Still giving it a pass. You condone your side's violent behavior. Don't use Trump as an excuse to act the way you do. You are not civil, you are not kind. You are everything you claim Trump and his supporters are.

Nobody is giving anyone a pass except you. You're going to haul yourself up off a couch because there was violence at a Trump rally? Where were you after Charlottesville? That wasn't enough to get you to not "stand idly by"? Someone died there. Trump actual gave those people a pass. Said it out loud. "Very fine people", but because Biden hasn't done some vague unnamed thing you want....ooooh, you are suddenly mad enough to do another unnamed something.

You support a coup against what the current administration’s own government agencies called “the most secure in American history.”

Get fucked, coward :fu:

If this all this violence I see becomes the norm? Hell yes, I will advocate for a coup. Because people like you are doing nothing to stop it. People who share your viewpoints hold positions of power, and they have already proven that they would sacrifice the safety and wellbeing of their citizens to appease a mob mentality.

Last edited:
Has Joe Biden ever made a comment condemning the Brown Shirt tactics of Antifa, who consistently have
attacked patriots?
I haven't heard of any. And if he has, where has he backed those words up in any way at all?

Yes, he has.

That kind of snide, backhanded answer shows you are giving this kind of behavior a pass.
How? Biden has condemned the violence in no uncertain terms. I condemn the violence in no uncertain terms. Donnie Covidseed does not condemned violence from ANY of his supporters. He, in fact, encouraged it.

Still giving it a pass. You condone your side's violent behavior. Don't use Trump as an excuse to act the way you do. You are not civil, you are not kind. You are everything you claim Trump and his supporters are.

No I don't, that's ridiculous. Anyone conducting themself in a criminal manner needs to be held accountable by the authorities.

You'll never hear me say otherwise.

So.... You're gonna be mean to us on USMB?

Oooh, such a scathing reposte. How will I ever survive that?
I'mma take that as an unqualified "yes".

Thanks.

You can take it however you like. But you didn't have an argument coming in, nor do you now.

Don't act like you won anything, except for my contempt.
I wasn't making an argument. I was asking a question. While you didn't answer in a conventional fashion your intent was clear. Now you realize you kinda grilled yourself up and you're trying to bluff your way through.

That's nice and all, but it's really pointless.

Have a good day.

attacked patriots?

Yes, he has.

ActBlue is associated with domestic anti-american groups ie BLM. Biden and harris don't condemn these riots......only their words. Their actions approve. By their fruits, they will be known.

Nobody is giving anyone a pass except you.

And where in this thread have you condemned the violence? What about the videos I posted? Did you bother to watch them?

Of course not. Because you don't care about the young couples being attacked. Nor the elderly, or parents with children, not even minorities. Nothing is off-limits for you if it furthers your so-called point of view.

You apparently don't know what goes into counting votes in our election system.
You know who does? The Republican and Democrat state election officials who verified the results as accurate.

You always try to use the language of civility, present yourself as above partisanship, and talk as if you’re merely a noble man who stands for truth and justice. But you’re just another partisan hack who can’t stand that your guy lost. It’s over, champ. Biden won. Go back to playing games on your computer and typing angrily at the women who friendzone you. You aren’t going to do jack shit about an election that was “the most secure in American history.”

I'm a liberal who can admit I'm wrong half the time ... can you say you're wrong half the time? ...

I've been on this board seven years. I have admitted many times when I have been wrong. Yes. I have.

Are you willing to take back your baseless assumption about me?

My assumptions are based on your OP:

"This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues" ...

You will never admit this is hateful and evil ... profoundly Un-American ... killing those who disagree with you ...

If you take back the basis of my assumption, then I will take back my assumption ... but for the record: ALL of us fail to look inward enough ... basic human nature ...

You can count all you want, the outcome is that Biden won as per most basic math.
This is childish. You are just going to repeat your lies over and over again in place of any rational argument.
Do me a favor and fuck off!

Childish is living in a fantasy world where Trump didn't lose the election.

He lost, Biden will be the 46th president and you will know for a fact that you are a clueless, easily manipulated dupe.

Nobody is giving anyone a pass except you.

And where in this thread have you condemned the violence? What about the videos I posted? Did you bother to watch them?

Of course not.
I don't watch videos. Don't need to. It's violence, it's terrible and I condemn it unequivocally and across the board, just as the Biden/Harris campaign has and does. There are no very fine people committing violence against other Americans. Donnie Covidseed doesn't condemn any violence except violence on "the left"...and that's okay with you.

You can count all you want, the outcome is that Biden won as per most basic math.
This is childish. You are just going to repeat your lies over and over again in place of any rational argument.
Do me a favor and fuck off!

Childish is living in a fantasy world where Trump didn't lose the election.

He lost, Biden will be the 46th president and you will know for a fact that you are a clueless, easily manipulated dupe.
And they make up 20% of the country. Sad, loud minority.

Nobody is giving anyone a pass except you. You're going to haul yourself up off a couch because there was violence at a Trump rally? Where were you after Charlottesville? That wasn't enough to get you to not "stand idly by"? Someone died there. Trump actual gave those people a pass. Said it out loud. "Very fine people", but because Biden hasn't done some vague unnamed thing you want....ooooh, you are suddenly mad enough to do another unnamed something.
Trump said there were fine people on both sides.
Not the most effective comment ever but certainly not an endorsement of Nazis any more than an endorsement of Antifa.
I get really very tired of correcting these leftist memes that fail to die despite a lack of truth in any of them.

But once they get out in the either you can bet these crusty old leftist urban myths will never die.
And folks like you see to that.

Forum List

Back