I can't blame the Trumpsters

This victory lap you're taking is long and loud, and I have to admit I can't blame you.

It's not just that Trump won. It's not just that you now have control of the White House, House, Senate, Supreme Court (soon) and state houses. Holy shit, that's all worth celebrating, to be sure.

But it's also the complete release of decades of pent-up anger and frustration over what the Regressive Left has gotten away with, while they mocked and insulted you. That's the part with which I can identify and agree.

The Democrats have been screaming about bathrooms, birthday cakes, burkas, triggers, cultural appropriation, BLM and building safe spaces. Punishing you for expressing your opinion. Calling you all kinds of nasty names any time you dared to disagree. Counting down the days that you DIE. Mocking your religion while defending another. Teaching your kids to hate their country. Not just screaming about it, but forcing it all into the culture.

Trump came out and talked about jobs, borders and security. And as repulsive as he is, that was the winning message. And the Democrats turned themselves into a regional party that only specializes in dividing people.

So, enjoy. You earned this.

We’ll see who is divided by the walls, the deportation squads, who profits under Trump and who does not I suppose. Again, can you tell me one person you’ve been divided from by the Democratic party during the last 8 years? No? Neither can anyone else who discusses “divisiveness”.

I've been divided from the vast number of minorities and liberals who have been told over and over again that I am a bad person who is out to "get them", instead of just someone who disagrees on the best way to make America a better place.

Oh…in that case, Jackson divided us from the Whigs if I recall. He was the most divisive president ever in 1824.

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 6.34.55 AM.png

And if you want a case-study in hand-ball politics, study how they treated Jackson’s wife!!! Trump would have been proud.

This victory lap you're taking is long and loud, and I have to admit I can't blame you.

It's not just that Trump won. It's not just that you now have control of the White House, House, Senate, Supreme Court (soon) and state houses. Holy shit, that's all worth celebrating, to be sure.

But it's also the complete release of decades of pent-up anger and frustration over what the Regressive Left has gotten away with, while they mocked and insulted you. That's the part with which I can identify and agree.

The Democrats have been screaming about bathrooms, birthday cakes, burkas, triggers, cultural appropriation, BLM and building safe spaces. Punishing you for expressing your opinion. Calling you all kinds of nasty names any time you dared to disagree. Counting down the days that you DIE. Mocking your religion while defending another. Teaching your kids to hate their country. Not just screaming about it, but forcing it all into the culture.

Trump came out and talked about jobs, borders and security. And as repulsive as he is, that was the winning message. And the Democrats turned themselves into a regional party that only specializes in dividing people.

We’ll see who is divided by the walls, the deportation squads, who profits under Trump and who does not I suppose. Again, can you tell me one person you’ve been divided from by the Democratic party during the last 8 years? No? Neither can anyone else who discusses “divisiveness”.

I've been divided from the vast number of minorities and liberals who have been told over and over again that I am a bad person who is out to "get them", instead of just someone who disagrees on the best way to make America a better place.

Oh…in that case, Jackson divided us from the Whigs if I recall. He was the most divisive president ever in 1824.

View attachment 100561

And if you want a case-study in hand-ball politics, study how they treated Jackson’s wife!!! Trump would have been proud.

YOu asked who the dems had divided. I answered.

Are you admitting my point, or trying to distract from it?

Was Fox News responsible for Trump's win?

Fox News had 20 something years to demonize Hillary, and to great effect as the most recent election cycle revealed. So your question is valid.
You give Fox News way too much power. They are but one network, while all the other networks were doing all they could to get Hillary elected.

Fox News reaches only a bit more than 3 million viewers in prime time. Facts are stubborn things and some people are so stubborn they do not accept facts.
FOX NEWS | RATINGS
November 2016 Ratings: Fox News Has Most-Watched Month Since 2012
  • Fox News Channel was the most-watched basic cable channel in prime time in November. The month also gave Fox its most-watched months since the last presidential election in 2012.

Fox News beat CNN and MSNBC combined in total viewers across all dayparts. Additionally, FNC beat CNN in adults 25-54 after finishing second last month. Fox News has defeated every basic cable network for 14 straight weeks in total viewers, a network record.

The ratings for November, 2016 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):
    • Prime time (Mon-Sun): 3,283,000 total viewers / 778,000 A25-54
    • Total Day (Mon-Sun): 1,966,000 total viewers / 466,000 A25-54

Yeah, there's no way to predict the way things go here.

I'm hopeful that Trump can be a productive, positive deal-maker and prove me wrong.

We're sure as hell gonna find out.

Same here Mac, I hope he can outperform expectations as well (mine are very low so it shouldn't be that hard for him), last couple of days were positive:
* The deal at Carrier, while it's far from perfect it's very encouraging that 1,000 families aren't going to be facing imminent joblessness this Christmas, Trump deserves an at-a-boy for that one.

* Mattis as SecDef, GREAT choice, having a true "G.I. General" in charge at the Pentagon is something we've needed for a long time.

* Good speech yesterday in Ohio, hit some very positive notes.

Well, let me say this about that:

Obama tweets.
I get e-mails from he, Michelle, Ms. Brazille, and VP Biden all of the time. I probably have 700 from the Clintons.

Not one was about jobs that they are actively trying to save (except their own)…

It’s refreshing to see the President Elect be this visible on something like this. I’m pretty sure he could give 2 shits either way and likely didn’t know what Carrier was before he got into politics. But hey, I’ll give him an “at-a-boy” for this also.

Say what you want to say about Trump and all but he deserves credit for this; it’s great to see the soon-to-be highest elected office holder get out in front on this. Obama could have done it with some visibility too. But he didn’t.

Props to Trump.
WTF!

Are you feeling okay?

Was Fox News responsible for Trump's win?

Fox News had 20 something years to demonize Hillary, and to great effect as the most recent election cycle revealed. So your question is valid.
You give Fox News way too much power. They are but one network, while all the other networks were doing all they could to get Hillary elected.

Fox News reaches only a bit more than 3 million viewers in prime time. Facts are stubborn things and some people are so stubborn they do not accept facts.
FOX NEWS | RATINGS
  • Fox News Channel was the most-watched basic cable channel in prime time in November. The month also gave Fox its most-watched months since the last presidential election in 2012.

Fox News beat CNN and MSNBC combined in total viewers across all dayparts. Additionally, FNC beat CNN in adults 25-54 after finishing second last month. Fox News has defeated every basic cable network for 14 straight weeks in total viewers, a network record.

I gave Fox News credit for pimping out bullshit as fact, where Hillary is concerned. If that amounts to high praise in your mind, that's for you to reconsile.

FOX NEWS | RATINGS

I gave Fox News credit for pimping out bullshit as fact. If that amounts to high praise in your mind, that's for you to reconsider.

Please stick to the topic and don't go off the rails.

Fox News has a very small audience when compared to the entire media. So, your assigning them credit for Trump's win, is absurd.

The entire MSM was overwhelmingly negative on Trump and positive on Cankles. If you dispute that, then facts are things you find unacceptable.

FOX NEWS | RATINGS

I gave Fox News credit for pimping out bullshit as fact. If that amounts to high praise in your mind, that's for you to reconsider.

Fox News has a very small audience when compared to the entire media. So, your assigning them credit for Trump's win, is absurd.

The entire MSM was overwhelmingly negative on Trump and positive on Cankles. If you dispute that, then facts are things you find unacceptable.

Your beliefs are of no concern to me. As I stated earlier, Fox News had more than 20 years to demonize Hillary. And to great effect. Even you cannot deny that.

FOX NEWS | RATINGS

Your beliefs are of no concern to me
Facts are not beliefs.

Do you know the difference?

FOX NEWS | RATINGS

Your beliefs are of no concern to me
Facts are not beliefs.

Do you know the difference?

True enough. And yes I do know the difference. But your beliefs do not rise to the level of fact. Can you get past that?

FOX NEWS | RATINGS

Your beliefs are of no concern to me. As I stated earlier, Fox News had more than 20 years to demonize Hillary. And to great effect. Even you cannot deny that.
and Fox News started in 1996...so they couldn't have demonized Cankles for 'more than 20 years.'

...plus Cankles did much to criticize her for....yes?

FOX NEWS | RATINGS

and Fox News started in 1996...so they couldn't have demonized Cankles for 'more than 20 years.'

1996 to 2016 is in fact 20 years you silly goose. And thanks for helping me to prove my point ;)

1996 to 2016 is in fact 20 years you silly goose. And thanks for helping me to prove my point ;)
Apparently do you not know what you posted nor the meaning of what you posted....

Here is what you posted...

Fox News had more than 20 years

Apparently do you not know what you posted nor the meaning of what you posted....

Bah, improper operator use error...

> should have been >= no biggie, happens to the best of 'em. ;)

20 years is close enough. And you're a loser in this thread.

When Limbaugh Compared 12-Year Old Chelsea Clinton To A Dog ... but a portion of Limbaugh's attack was aired in a 1995 documentary ... This show's era of dominant influence is just beginning.

Last edited:

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

For this conservative though it's not just the Regressive Left that I've had a problem with for years. The Republican party has been derelict for a long time in delivering what we've elected them to do, thus the rebellion this go-round against our professional politicians who sought the party's nomination. Trump spoke and lots of us, as well as others, listened and bought in. From day one I and others I know felt exactly what Trump eventually said to black voters, "Whadaya got to lose?" The professionals we'd trusted and voted for for years didn't deliver, so it was a no brainer, for me at least, to kick 'em all to the curb this time.

"Mad as hell and not gonna take it any longer," Alex for $100.

The Dems have learned that sooner or later, ridiculing people in an attempt to suppress them backfires.

Yes. And you were told that you were being ridiculed for disagreeing with the "Dems".....which felt good to you. You bought it.

Congratulations.

Progressives on this very board have ridiculed me for disagreeing with them. Trump had nothing to do with that.

Technically the Trump wing really only won the white house. The rest of the branches are still dominated by rank and file Republicans.

But he did allow for the release of a lot of pent up frustration, anger and indignation. People have gotten tired of being accused of being some form of evil for not following the social progressive party line.

Were you called evil by someone?

I said some form of evil, i.e. Sexist, bigoted, racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc.

Technically the Trump wing really only won the white house. The rest of the branches are still dominated by rank and file Republicans.

But he did allow for the release of a lot of pent up frustration, anger and indignation. People have gotten tired of being accused of being some form of evil for not following the social progressive party line.

I said some form of evil, i.e. Sexist, bigoted, racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc.

Have you ever said anything which makes people call you one of those?

Have you ever said anything which makes people call you one of those?

Well lets see, the fact I hate Roe V Wade, I hate the Obergfell Decision, I have supported Republican efforts to outreach to black voters (and have used the off the plantation wording), I am becoming less and less of a fan of Affirmative Action, I support deporting illegal aliens.....

I have been called ist/ic for each of those.

Forum List

Back