🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I can’t breathe again but in LA cops

You continue using the word “murdered” without justification

it was his choice to fight the cops rather accept the blood test
Some form of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter is what will be charged if anything.

A cuffed, unarmed suspect in custody does not pose a serious risk of death or grave bodily harm to any of those officer nor the public.

The officers also have a legal duty of care with respect to a suspect in custody and by statute have to protect them.

Yes, the suspect gave them every reason to use additional force to get the blood draw after he refused, but the level and type of force was not of his choosing and was clearly excessive and unnecessary.

We absolutely need to tear apart the system that covers for cops when they do wrong. The police should never be allowed to investigate themselves or try to keep what they did from the public.
Their motto is protect and serve.

It doesn't say protect and serve "you".

So they needed to kill him in order to draw his blood in order to properly convict him of a DUI? Got to love that logic. Like shooting a man dead who's threatening to throw himself from a roof.

I'm quite certain the last thing they wanted was for this guy to die. Even though this was before the Floyd killing, they knew the atmosphere in this nation, and they knew their lives would likely be turned upside down and even thrown in prison.
That's not to excuse what happened, but killing him was not part of the plan.

"They"?
These incidents are awful, and someone here will likely pay a steep price for their actions, but let's stop with painting all cops bad. There's a million of them all working for various depts across this country running 24/7 365 days a year, with thousand of encounters every day. The vast majority of time they do good work for the communities they work for.
If this so-called "only a few rotten apples" theory is really true, then why is there always this visceral response to proclaim that "not all cops are bad?"

Why is it so hard to punish, or even to publicly state that a cop is bad, when that cop is bad?

We'll have to wait and see which particular cops broke laws here, and mistreated the man. That still doesn't mean we need to tear our police depts apart, the vast majority do good things every day but we all conveniently look the other way, and focus on only the bad.
BS!

Why was this blood draw attempted in the parking garage? They had him in cuffs, why not take him inside and hook him up to an interrogation table and put ankle cuffs on? Or better yet, just use the fact that he fought against the blood draw as evidence in his DUI trial, which can also tack on contempt of court, and whatever the crime is for physically resisting an officer's attempt to enforce the court order.

Trying to forcibly draw blood from a man who is fighting is a good way to get stuck with that needle after it is stuck in the "patient," something that used to be feared even more than a maskless kindergartener. The last time I had blood drawn, I had to have a rubber "tourniquet" on my upper arm and open and close my fist while sitting very still to allow the needle to go into the middle of a vein. How they going to do that with a man who struggling?

The police mentality of making every confrontation into a battle of wills, which police officers must win at all costs, is the cause of the death of this man, George Floyd, and countless others.
The police are essentially a band of unrestrained criminals w/license to kill.

These cops must all be fired and tried on murder charges
. This cannot be tolerated
It’s LA and I hope he gets a very very Jewish attorney

A cop justifiably beat your ass, obviously, at some time.
Please, pull up a couch, lay down, and tell us about it!!
:popcorn:

I'm quite certain the last thing they wanted was for this guy to die. Even though this was before the Floyd killing, they knew the atmosphere in this nation, and they knew their lives would likely be turned upside down and even thrown in prison.
That's not to excuse what happened, but killing him was not part of the plan.
Well, the last time this happened in Los Angeles, the entire city erupted in riots.

That was a black guy though. I wonder if we'll have Jewish riots? The black guy was supposedly on PCP, this guy was on meth. Pretty close, right?

I watched the video. I didn't see the man on his knees with his hands cuffed behind him fighting anybody. Do you even know what a fight looks like?
I’m no doctor but I dont think its possible to draw blood from a struggling man

this guy committed suicide

If this so-called "only a few rotten apples" theory is really true, then why is there always this visceral response to proclaim that "not all cops are bad?"

Why is it so hard to punish, or even to publicly state that a cop is bad, when that cop is bad?
There cops were just doing their job

why did the man choose to resist?

If you really can’t breathe, you wouldn’t be able to announce it.
A person suffering positional asphyxia can speak as long as they remain conscious which isnt' very long. In a case like this he was completely unable to draw full breath which means death fairly quickly if you are not repositioned quickly.

The knee to the neck further complicates it by cutting of blood flow or at least severely restricting it to one side of the brain.

We absolutely need to tear apart the system that covers for cops when they do wrong. The police should never be allowed to investigate themselves or try to keep what they did from the public.
And just where will you find an unbiased panel of experts in all procedures relevant to law enforcement as well as the state and local laws and policies that govern their actions that are not themselves cops and prosecutors?

Internal reviews are fine but there also needs to be reviews of such incidents by other, preferably higher level departments.

Generally here another locality or the state will be called in when there's a serious issue like this but they are all cops and prosecutors.

And just where will you find an unbiased panel of experts in all procedures relevant to law enforcement as well as the state and local laws and policies that govern their actions that are not themselves cops and prosecutors?

In larger cities they already have groups made up by various community members. While that is not going to happen in every little town it is where we need to go in all larger ones.

Internal reviews are fine but there also needs to be reviews of such incidents by other, preferably higher level departments.

Generally here another locality or the state will be called in when there's a serious issue like this but they are all cops and prosecutors.

Which will be a part of the process but only a part.

In larger cities they already have groups made up by various community members. While that is not going to happen in every little town it is where we need to go in all larger ones.

Which will be a part of the process but only a part.
You failed to give any sort of coherent answer.

What qualifies these "citizen groups" to conduct an informed unbiased investigation?

Forum List

Back