I don't remember

Paleman

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2019
Red state of Florida
Not so many years ago we didn't have wholesale voter fraud claims. But, that was a time of 100% showing up and voting at your local precinct. This was the system that worked, you showed your ID, it was checked and verified and then you voted and that vote was counted immediately it didn't miraculously appear a week later.
The far left has found a way to subvert near perfection. Early voting is not necessary and needs to go. Absentee voting should be curtailed and only those who will not be in their state at the time of the election, such as military personnel. Absentee voting will continue to work for those with severe physical ailments. Mail-in voting is just another corrupt far-left policy that increases the possibility of more voter fraud. Get rid of and or limit all this garbage and get back to the basics.

Yanno...............if we're gonna go back to that kind of system, one of the things that would help it out a lot is to make election day a national holiday so people could take time off from work without much problem to go and vote.

Yeah..............there are some that would use it as just another day off, but making it a day off would increase voter turnout quite a bit.

Yanno...............if we're gonna go back to that kind of system, one of the things that would help it out a lot is to make election day a national holiday so people could take time off from work without much problem to go and vote.

Yeah..............there are some that would use it as just another day off, but making it a day off would increase voter turnout quite a bit.
Why do I get the feeling that ABIKERSAIOR is another left-thinking democrat supporter? OH! I know why. He is suggesting another freebie giveaway to solve the voter problem. The left can always find an excuse to throw money away, my money, your money.

Why do I get the feeling that ABIKERSAIOR is another left-thinking democrat supporter? OH! I know why. He is suggesting another freebie giveaway to solve the voter problem. The left can always find an excuse to throw money away, my money, your money.

No, it's not a "freebie giveaway", it's something to make voting accessible to all, as election day is on a Tuesday, which for most people is a work day. You were the one who suggested getting rid of early voting, so I simply said to make it easy on everyone concerned, make election day a national holiday so people could vote.

Me? I tend to do the early voting route, as it's less crowded and I don't have to stand in line for long periods of time, but, I could if necessary as I'm retired and 2-3 hours in line to vote isn't really a hardship for me, but for those who work, it could be.

No, it's not a "freebie giveaway", it's something to make voting accessible to all, as election day is on a Tuesday, which for most people is a work day. You were the one who suggested getting rid of early voting, so I simply said to make it easy on everyone concerned, make election day a national holiday so people could vote.

Me? I tend to do the early voting route, as it's less crowded and I don't have to stand in line for long periods of time, but, I could if necessary as I'm retired and 2-3 hours in line to vote isn't really a hardship for me, but for those who work, it could be.
National holidays are paid holidays so you are being paid to go and vote. That would be a new gift or FREEBIE!!!! You also are making it very clear like so many others that showing up to vote is too much to ask because it is inconvenient.

Not so many years ago we didn't have wholesale voter fraud claims. But, that was a time of 100% showing up and voting at your local precinct. This was the system that worked, you showed your ID, it was checked and verified and then you voted and that vote was counted immediately it didn't miraculously appear a week later.
The far left has found a way to subvert near perfection. Early voting is not necessary and needs to go. Absentee voting should be curtailed and only those who will not be in their state at the time of the election, such as military personnel. Absentee voting will continue to work for those with severe physical ailments. Mail-in voting is just another corrupt far-left policy that increases the possibility of more voter fraud. Get rid of and or limit all this garbage and get back to the basics.
Early voting should not be allowed because anyone who votes early are just partisan fools who don't want to listen to the candidates until making their decision. Their decisions are void of any study of the positions of the candidates.

National holidays are paid holidays so you are being paid to go and vote. That would be a new gift or FREEBIE!!!! You also are making it very clear like so many others that showing up to vote is too much to ask because it is inconvenient.

Not everyone gets paid for national holidays. Yes, government workers and the military get paid for them, but most private companies don't pay people for stuff like Columbus Day, President's day, and some won't even pay for giving their workers off for Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Not everyone gets paid for national holidays. Yes, government workers and the military get paid for them, but most private companies don't pay people for stuff like Columbus Day, President's day, and some won't even pay for giving their workers off for Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Elections run WEEKS. There is no excuse not to vote.

Elections run WEEKS. There is no excuse not to vote.

If Paleman and Independent Thinker had their way, there would only be one day allowed to vote, since they want to get rid of early voting. Your weeks of elections would be reduced to just one day.

If Paleman and Independent Thinker had their way, there would only be one day allowed to vote, since they want to get rid of early voting. Your weeks of elections would be reduced to just one day.
Election DAY is the way it always was until the dems found voter fraud worked better with more time.
We used to know election results nationwide before midnight.

You can convert Veterans Day as Voters Day or do it on Independence Day.

Make it a fine if you do not vote.

You seem to remember a past that never was.

I’ve been voting since 1972 and never once had to show ID at the polls

There has NEVER BEEN anything close to 100% turnout and until 2016 absentee voting was primarily a Republican thing

Election DAY is the way it always was until the dems found voter fraud worked better with more time.
We used to know election results nationwide before midnight.
Not for close elections

1, National holidays only apply to government workers. There’s no law requiring a private business close on a national holiday.

2. they are only paid holidays for people who work for the government or because your job has decided to pay you on them. There’s no law requiring your private employer to pay you for a day off because the federal government makes a day a national holiday.

3. By law there are only so many national holidays. So we’d have to give up a holiday to get that one. If you recall we used to celebrate Washington’s and Jefferson’s birthdays. Now we just have Presidents day. That’s because we now celebrate MLk day.

One day for elections worked perfectly for a couple of hundred years. Left-wingers are too damn lazy to go to the polls and the Dems are using absentee, mail-in and early voting for the fraud it creates. They know that just a few illegal votes could get them a victory.

There has NEVER BEEN anything close to 100% turnout and until 2016 absentee voting was primarily a Republican thing
Yeah because it was mostly the military who utilized it.

OK, how about ELECTION DAY (1-DAY) on Veterans Day.
No early voting.
Mail-ins must be received and counted by noon on election day.

Deal?
Seems like we could have election week. I don’t know the utility or benefit of voting a month ahead but there’s no reason to not have the polls open Monday through Friday or even Saturday to give all eligible people the chance to vote.

Voter existence of fraud just proven----If you don't have to show ID when voting then illegals can vote any time they want. On your second point, I don't care which party started the BS, it needs to be gone

Forum List

Back