I Don't Think Many Of You Know What "Confronted" Means

Actually, I think Obama revoked that.

Circumvented, get it right! ;)
Ain't that the truth. Blasphemed it at every opportunity.

and sometimes just flat out ignores it........

I did what I said I was going to and checked out this zimmerman thing as I hadn't really known much about it yesterday when I posted.

After hearing the 911 call and getting all the information about the case I do not think the law will or should protect Zimmerman. This law people are talking about really doesn't protect what he did. In fact it looks like what he did was murder the kid.

He approached the kid after the 911 operator told him not to, that in itself removes any protection Zimmerman may think he is entitled to under the language of the law.

Circumvented, get it right! ;)

I did what I said I was going to and checked out this zimmerman thing as I hadn't really known much about it yesterday when I posted.

After hearing the 911 call and getting all the information about the case I do not think the law will or should protect Zimmerman. This law people are talking about really doesn't protect what he did. In fact it looks like what he did was murder the kid.

He approached the kid after the 911 operator told him not to, that in itself removes any protection Zimmerman may think he is entitled to under the language of the law.
Why is that? Are we obliged by law to do what a 9/11 operator suggests?

9/11 operator: "We don't need you to do that."

If we are, this is information I should know. And, it will give me pause to be the caller to 9/11 in the future. I'll let someone else do it.

Oh my bad bro I didn't mean cause you any butthurt over your boy Zimmerman. Florida doesn't even use gallows btw. And yes, when you acknowledge shooting and killing an unarmed child you have by default committed a crime unless you can produce a legal defense that mitigates the degree of criminality.

:lol:

Need a tissue?

I can't hear you over the Radiohead I'm listening to COME AT ME BRO

Radiohead?? :eek:

Speaking of guys who need a tissue! :lol:

If we are, this is information I should know. And, it will give me pause to be the caller to 9/11 in the future. I'll let someone else do it.

The man suspected but could not verify there was any real threat. In hindsight it is plainly obvious that skittles and iced tea are not dangerous weapons or markers of ill intent, neither is wearing a hoodie or being black (you can hear a racial slur under his breath at one point, I assume that means that race figured into it for zimmerman but I could be wrong).

He did the wrong thing, the law does not protect people who actually approach someone who isn't threatening anyone or doing anything wrong and then shoot them.

The man suspected but could not verify there was any real threat. In hindsight it is plainly obvious that skittles and iced tea are not dangerous weapons or markers of ill intent, neither is wearing a hoodie or being black (you can hear a racial slur under his breath at one point, I assume that means that race figured into it for zimmerman but I could be wrong).

He did the wrong thing, the law does not protect people who actually approach someone who isn't threatening anyone or doing anything wrong and then shoot them.
There is NO law that prohibits ANYone from following someone for ANY reason they want, unless they are ordered by a court not to do so.

Based on what the media reports, neither I know nor does anyone else know at this point what happened when they were face to face. A lot could have happened, a lot may not have happened.

As far as the racist term is concerned, when I listened to the tape, I would have transcribed that muttering as 'unintelligible'. Then someone suggested that Zimmerman muttered "fucking coon" and that's what I heard, too. But, only after it was suggested to me, did I hear that. Based on that, it is prudent to have an audio analysis of the tape to determine what he said.

I also think Zimmerman is wrong based on what the media is reporting, but I don't know all the facts that are available. The media does not meet any evidentiary standard, either, for sure. And, based on the law in Florida, irrespective of my belief that Zimmerman was wrong, I am not so sure that he acted outside what the Florida laws allow.

I don't believe anyone listening to the media is in a position to know that, either.

Spin it how you want he was still wrong. From hearing the 911 call and finding out what i've read come out since the shooting the guy was just wrong.

I think the law is good and I don't think the law protects him.

Your arguments haven't convinced me otherwise....YET.

Spin it how you want he was still wrong. From hearing the 911 call and finding out what i've read come out since the shooting the guy was just wrong.

I think the law is good and I don't think the law protects him.

Your arguments haven't convinced me otherwise....YET.
What "spin"?

So, show me the law that prohibits one from following another. Thanks.

And give me the reports on what happened when they were face to face. Thanks.

And, give me the audio analysis of the tape showing that he said "fucking coon", then give me the law that prohibits that, too. Thanks.

And, while you are at it, show me where I said he WASN'T wrong, in my opinion. Thanks.

But, I'm not prone to try and convict anyone based on what the media says. I've never been too keen on picking up a torch and joining other villagers.

He's going to get what's coming to him...eventually.

So, you think people get what's coming to them. A bullet or a big book deal?
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of the electric chair. You won't see me shedding a tear for that scum of the earth.

You can't "confront" someone if you're actively trying to get away from them.

When and if they catch up with you after pursuing you, you aren't "confronting" them when you stand your ground.

What we have here is a case of standing your ground, and a criminal then gunning down the lawful citizen who was rightfully standing their ground.

Zimmerman is toast...TOAST I said!

Are you saying you witnessed the whole ordeal? Perhaps you should call the police and give a statement since you claim to know who was doing what and why.
Are you saying you are unaware of the facts that have come out thus far? Are you pretending not to know the events of the case as reported? Why is this? Are you a fool or are you a FOOL...which one?

Having read the Florida statute in question Zimmerman has no standing on immunity under it if he pursued this kid in any manner.
Also saw 2nd Amendment groups, NRA advocates from Florida and gun enthusiasts from Florida on TV last night calling for a swift investigation as they also stated that under their interpretation of the statutue that defense is not valid if Zimmerman pursued the kid.
Most importantly, it is the Florida crime lab, slowed drasticallyby the massive amount of narcotics case backlog testing, that slowed this investigation FROM THE START. Also, the autopsy report has to be tendered before the grand jury can convene and hear testimony on this case.
NONE of that the police have ANY control over as the crime lab is state level and grand jury is district attorney's office. Very troubling that the attorney representing the family KNOWS ALL OF THIS yet still came out with his publicity circus with claims that nothing was being done.
And that is for one reason only, HIS interests only.
Sad but this goes on too much these days and race and color has nothing to do with it.

There is NO law that prohibits ANYone from following someone for ANY reason they want, unless they are ordered by a court not to do so.

Based on what the media reports, neither I know nor does anyone else know at this point what happened when they were face to face. A lot could have happened, a lot may not have happened.

As far as the racist term is concerned, when I listened to the tape, I would have transcribed that muttering as 'unintelligible'. Then someone suggested that Zimmerman muttered "fucking coon" and that's what I heard, too. But, only after it was suggested to me, did I hear that. Based on that, it is prudent to have an audio analysis of the tape to determine what he said.

I also think Zimmerman is wrong based on what the media is reporting, but I don't know all the facts that are available. The media does not meet any evidentiary standard, either, for sure. And, based on the law in Florida, irrespective of my belief that Zimmerman was wrong, I am not so sure that he acted outside what the Florida laws allow.

I don't believe anyone listening to the media is in a position to know that, either.
Afterall...why believe your lying ears....right? :rolleyes:

Having read the Florida statute in question Zimmerman has no standing on immunity under it if he pursued this kid in any manner.
Also saw 2nd Amendment groups, NRA advocates from Florida and gun enthusiasts from Florida on TV last night calling for a swift investigation as they also stated that under their interpretation of the statutue that defense is not valid if Zimmerman pursued the kid.
Most importantly, it is the Florida crime lab, slowed drasticallyby the massive amount of narcotics case backlog testing, that slowed this investigation FROM THE START. Also, the autopsy report has to be tendered before the grand jury can convene and hear testimony on this case.
NONE of that the police have ANY control over as the crime lab is state level and grand jury is district attorney's office. Very troubling that the attorney representing the family KNOWS ALL OF THIS yet still came out with his publicity circus with claims that nothing was being done.
Sad but this goes on too much these days and race and color has nothing to do with it.
Except for that pesky little racial epitaph he used and also the "they always get away" phrase he uttered. Quite obvious and quite damning at the same time. His time is coming.

They just had a clip of the author of said bill on the news, even he says this guy isn't protected by the law he wrote.

:cuckoo:

My "ears" heard "unintelligible", and my MIND is wise enough to know the power of suggestion.

Yours is not.

Si modo said:
Hi, you have received -895 reputation points from Si modo.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Dick.

Regards,
Si modo

Note: This is an automated message.

RUH ROHHH!!!!

url.jpg

Si modo said:
Hi, you have received -895 reputation points from Si modo.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Dick.

Regards,
Si modo

Note: This is an automated message.

RUH ROHHH!!!!

url.jpg

Lying about me ALWAYS gets a neg. So do whines about it. :thup:

Except for that pesky little racial epitaph he used and also the "they always get away" phrase he uttered. Quite obvious and quite damning at the same time. His time is coming.

If it would have been another black that shot this kid then the racial epitaph could not be used as evidence.
But if someone else of another race uses it it can.
Equal protection under the law gets thrown under the bus again all the in the name of PC.
And I vividly remember a case here in Atlanta where a gay guy was killed and was called a faggot. Where was the NAACP and you screaming for justice for that poor soul and where were you asking for a hate crime charge against that shooter?
Okey dokey.
Another fact that was released through leaks, and I am admitting this is not evidence yet as it is hearsay, the kid was shot once in the chest.
But I do not care where the kid was shot as the statute clearly states there is not an immunity charge defense if someone follows someone.
Additionally, I have been told that Zimmerman had wanted to be a police officer and had taken some community college courses and may have applied for POST training.
I hate to sound like I am stereotyping Zimmerman but it has always been my experience with dealing with guys like him that want to be cops and somehow got washed out they make the worst security guards and should not be carrying a damn gun. They get a real thrill and rush playing copper and get all giddy when out on the "job".
They get all fired up over nothing in most cases and should be locked in a rubber room with a decoder ring, a fake detective badge and a box of cracker jacks.
This case will be indicted first presentation to the grand jury felony murder and I bet there will be a jury charge of volunatary and involuntary manslaughter to the jury if it goes to trial.
Who knows but if it shakes out like I think it will Zimmerman takes a 2nd degree or involuntary manslaughter charge plea. A lot depends on the statement he gave.
NOTE TO EVERYONE: NEVER GIVE A STATEMENT TO POLICE. CALL YOUR FAMILY LAWYER.
I guarantee the statement Zimmerman gave to police is what will sink his ass.
Off to work. Boring day as I am working an employee theft ring case this week.
Yes Marc, white folk steal as much as any folk. :lol:
Who says crime do not pay!?

No, but it shows that Zimmerman was not in immanent danger when he placed the call. Zimmerman had to opportunity to stand down, but instead created an altercation. This will work against him in court.

I don't know Florida law and will wait for the courts to sort this out. That said, Zimmerman did act in such a way that he provoked the situation.

You can't "confront" someone if you're actively trying to get away from them.

When and if they catch up with you after pursuing you, you aren't "confronting" them when you stand your ground.

What we have here is a case of standing your ground, and a criminal then gunning down the lawful citizen who was rightfully standing their ground.

Zimmerman is toast...TOAST I said!

Any believe most teenagers do NO more than stand their ground when confronting others? What most likely happened is the young man started a fight that went terribly wrong. A tragedy, not a racial confrontation.

So far, what we know isTrayvon Martin initiated a verbal confrontation. That most likely led to the tragedy.

The Lynch Mob Mentality is playing out all over America. :mad:

:eusa_shhh:So far, what we know isTrayvon Martin initiated a verbal confrontation. :eusa_shhh:

it seems like the young man might have started a physical confrontation after he started a verbal confrontation, all before he knew the guy had an equalizer ... poor kid, but he acted stupidly. a tragedy for all involved.

The reports say Zimmerman was attacked and had a bad bruise on his face from being hit in the face with a soda can. A witness said the young man was on top of him beating the older man. That tells you the kid wasn't innocent in this either and there was a confrontation.

The chief listened to what Zimmerman said, there are reports that Zimmerman had wounds on him, and there is an eyewitness who saw him on the ground before he shot the kid.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/trayvon-martin-case-timeline-of-events/

According to the Sanford police report, George Zimmerman, 28, a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain, is found armed with a handgun, standing over Martin. He has a bloody nose and a wound in the back of his head.

Sanford police on Thursday also challenged a WFTV-Channel 9 report, in which Mary Cutcher said police largely ignored her even though she told them, "I know this was not self-defense. There was no punching, no hitting going on at the time, no wrestling."

Police said they twice tried to interview her without success, and the third time, she wrote a very short sworn statement for her roommate that was consistent with Zimmerman's account.

George Zimmerman's father on Trayvon Martin: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

---

According to the victim's own girlfriend who was on the phone with him, the victim started a verbal confrontation: young man: "why you following me?" - Hispanic man: "what are you doing around here?" - a struggle ensues on girlfriend's call and call ends with NO shot heard.

so, a guy follows a kid. kid confronts the guy starting a verbal confrontation. a physical fight ensues. kid ends up shot and dies.

where is the crime?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back