🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I find it very disturbing

You are a bigot to anyone who is not in a monogamous union.

Deal with it.

are you a bigot to everyone who wants to be in a polygamous union? yes or no?
Those of you wanting legalized polygamy need to make your legal case.....just like gays have been successfully making ours.

I don't want to legalize polygamy, but if gay marriage becomes federal law, polygamy will be next. The ACLU is already working on cases for polygamists.

Is that the kind of society you want for your children and grandchildren? Because it will happen, you will have set a valid legal precedent for it.
Polygamy will ONLY be next if people like you in support of it make a legitimate legal case for it being legalized. Since you don't seem to be making the world's best legal case AGAINST gay marriage..............I'm not too worried.

So it's OK for you to get married but not a polygamist?

What a bigot.
My goodness, where did I say that it wasn't alright for a polygamist? Point out my post where I said that.

Hint: What I REALLY said was that if they want legalized marriage, Polygamists need to do the legal groundwork to prove their case. Next time, don't lie about my stated position in this matter. It just makes you out to be a liar.

are you a bigot to everyone who wants to be in a polygamous union? yes or no?
Those of you wanting legalized polygamy need to make your legal case.....just like gays have been successfully making ours.

I don't want to legalize polygamy, but if gay marriage becomes federal law, polygamy will be next. The ACLU is already working on cases for polygamists.

Is that the kind of society you want for your children and grandchildren? Because it will happen, you will have set a valid legal precedent for it.
Polygamy will ONLY be next if people like you in support of it make a legitimate legal case for it being legalized. Since you don't seem to be making the world's best legal case AGAINST gay marriage..............I'm not too worried.

What a bigot.
My goodness, where did I say that it wasn't alright for a polygamist? Point out my post where I said that.

Hint: What I REALLY said was that if they want legalized marriage, Polygamists need to do the legal groundwork to prove their case. Next time, don't lie about my stated position in this matter. It just makes you out to be a liar.

you are making their case for them. there is nothing they need to do but wait and copy what you do.

then your father and brother can marry to avoid inheritence taxes----won't that be great!

Stupidity like yours runs through your political ideology quite rampant.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.<------ You!
Your severe homophobia will certainly not detain you from xenophobia, so just tell us straight up....why you harbor such hatred for those not like "you".

Let's persuade our resident Jedi Knights, Guardians of The Realm and Keepers of The Faith to open, start, promote and encourage a gay butt-ranger Board so that all of our libturd friends can go there and participate in reach-arounds ad infinitum.

Problem solved.

Well, IDIOT. The suffix 'phobia' is Greek for 'fear'

I don't 'fear' butt rangers, carpet munchers, perverts, child molesters and other various and sundry deviants.....

I don't like the motherfuckers.

Let's just make that clear.

Now, as to what people do in the privacy of their own home? That's private and you know what?

Let's keep it that way.

Ever know the jerkoff that brags about his every conquest at every opportunity? Yes you have. Everybody has. Don't you hate that moron? Of course you do.

Ever known the slut that no woman can trust her man around? Of course you have. Don't be an idiot.

What I object to more than anything else is the 'in your face' aggressiveness of the perverts.

I don't want your sexuality invading my presence. I don't want you trying to force me to listen to your tales of conquest or any other aspect of your fucking pathetic sex life.

Keep it to yourself. As long as you're not hurting anyone, I don't care what the fuck you do. As long as it's between consenting adults, I have no problem with it.

But do me favor. Please.

Just SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT!!!

You really sound like someone who over compensating? How long have you been holding back that you are gay...

What a bigot.

you are making their case for them. there is nothing they need to do but wait and copy what you do.

then your father and brother can marry to avoid inheritence taxes----won't that be great!

Hell, everyone should marry each other then.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.
What's disturbing is the unwarranted fear and hatred of gays. If you and others on the right would simply stop trying to deny gay Americans their civil rights, you'd not have to hear about it any more.

Strange how arguing against gay marriage is translated into fear and hatred of gays.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.
What's disturbing is the unwarranted fear and hatred of gays. If you and others on the right would simply stop trying to deny gay Americans their civil rights, you'd not have to hear about it any more.

Strange how arguing against gay marriage is translated into fear and hatred of gays.

It's not strange at all...since that is the source of most opposition.

What a bigot.

Well then, you can certainly try. Good luck in your endeavor.
However, I will add this. Is you are as good in your legal arguments for Polygamy as you are in your legal arguments against gay marriage.....I won't be holding my breath for Polygamy anytime soon.

How would you interpret it if we went on and on against marriage of....let's say....Jews? That's not anti-semitism, right?

How would you interpret it if we went on and on against marriage of....let's say....Jews? That's not anti-semitism, right?

I would not interpret it as anything....except that you were against the marriage of Jews.

If I wanted to know why....I'd ask.

Not put words in people's mouths or ascribe feelings of hatred that might not exist.

We prevent fathers from marrying their daughters. Does that mean we hate fathers and daughters ?

If you really wanted to know, you'd ask.

Otherwise, you and CCJTM are just attempting to practice intimidation.

It's not strange at all...since that is the source of most opposition.

Please provide definitive information to support your claim.

I would not interpret it as anything....except that you were against the marriage of Jews.

Not put words in people's mouths or ascribe feelings of hatred that might not exist.

We prevent fathers from marrying their daughters. Does that mean we hate fathers and daughters ?

Is it working? Are you intimidated?

Is it working? Are you intimidated?

Not easily.

What I have to fight is lumping people into categories.

Fortunately, I have enough liberal (including gay) friends who don't engage in such tactics but who take a much more thoughtful approach to the argument.....that I don't view all liberals the way I view CCJTM. I also have thought conservative friends who do the same....so I don't lump all conservatives into the same classification I would probably give some of the strident crap sllingers on this board.

What a bigot.

However, I will add this. Is you are as good in your legal arguments for Polygamy as you are in your legal arguments against gay marriage.....I won't be holding my breath for Polygamy anytime soon.

I am not for polygamy, idiot. All I have said is that the gay mafia is making the legal case for polygamy and all other human groupings to be called marriages.

What a bigot.

I think the legal case has already been made and we are awaiting the final decision on that. Once that comes in, I expect the first polygamy cases will start shortly - but that is just a guess on my part. However, if saying a marriage can only be between a man and a woman is a violation of the 14th amendment, then saying it can only be between two people is as well.

What a bigot.

I think the legal case has already been made and we are awaiting the final decision on that. Once that comes in, I expect the first polygamy cases will start shortly - but that is just a guess on my part. However, if saying a marriage can only be between a man and a woman is a violation of the 14th amendment, then saying it can only be between two people is as well.

true, and the next question is: is that where we want our society to go?

Actually, that was a little experiment to see if someone who says they are against the marriage of Jews would be called an anti-semite. I have no problems whatsoever with Jews or any other religious group marrying. :D

What a bigot.

That depends upon who "we" are. I doubt you are going to find any kind of consensus. For my part, where I would like the country to go is one in which the government does not make these kinds of personal decisions for us.

Actually, that was a little experiment to see if someone who says they are against the marriage of Jews would be called an anti-semite. I have no problems whatsoever with Jews or any other religious group marrying. :D

I doubt there is such an experiment.

But then...this is some kind of weak attempt to defent CCJTM's translation of anti-gay marriage to up front hate and fear of gays.

That depends upon who "we" are. I doubt you are going to find any kind of consensus. For my part, where I would like the country to go is one in which the government does not make these kinds of personal decisions for us.

so you would be OK with a society that allowed multiple people to enter into a "marriage" , allowed siblings to marry, allowed parents and children to marry?

The people decide what society considers to be right and moral, and the govenment exists to enforce those beliefs.

We are at a turning point, either we have standards of right and wrong or we have an anyhing-goes society. Personally I want our society to have standards, how about you?

so you would be OK with a society that allowed multiple people to enter into a "marriage" , allowed siblings to marry, allowed parents and children to marry?

The people decide what society considers to be right and moral, and the govenment exists to enforce those beliefs.

We are at a turning point, either we have standards of right and wrong or we have an anyhing-goes society. Personally I want our society to have standards, how about you?

Yes. I would be ok with that. So long as the people are competent adults, it is none of my business who they want to marry.

The problem with this whole standards thing is that invariably the person who wants the standards want their standards, not - for example - my standards. It's always the other guy that needs the government to tell them how to live, never the person who wants the government to do it. So you'll have to excuse me if I don't trust your standards.

Forum List

Back