I had the second cup of coffee in my life, for some reason it doesn't taste as bad as in the past

I get the World Market whole bean coffees. Currently have Italian Roast but my favorite is Amalfi Coast (espresso roast). Roughly .49 cents an oz.
Ever tried Jamaican Coffee? You have to grind and roast the beans yourself. A parrot is the Trademark.

It's hard to get the real Blue Mountain coffee.
When we go to Jamaica I bring back all I can.

I dont roast my own beans very often anymore as it can be a pain in the ass and it stinks to high heaven,it kinda smell like fresh cut grass being roasted..
I have this roaster.....
1622135290096.png

Sweet Marias has a great selection of beans.

I'm a dark roast guy.
If you like your coffee strong put a pinch of salt on top of the grounds before brewing.
It takes away some of the bitter taste you can get with strong coffee.

In the summer I go with cold brewed coffee. It's really strong!!!
I get a vanilla protien drink and top it off with a cup of cold brew, and add some ice,or you can use chocolate.

I highly recommend the OXO brewer.
Make it the night before and let it sit then flip down the switch in the morning.
View attachment 494287
Coffee people are extremophiles.

I'm a dark roast guy.
If you like your coffee strong put a pinch of salt on top of the grounds before brewing.
It takes away some of the bitter taste you can get with strong coffee.

In the summer I go with cold brewed coffee. It's really strong!!!
I get a vanilla protien drink and top it off with a cup of cold brew, and add some ice,or you can use chocolate.

I highly recommend the OXO brewer.
Make it the night before and let it sit then flip down the switch in the morning.
View attachment 494287
Coffee people are extremophiles.

I used to into it a lot but I've gotten lazy and just use the Keurig or the cold brewer these days.

I get the World Market whole bean coffees. Currently have Italian Roast but my favorite is Amalfi Coast (espresso roast). Roughly .49 cents an oz.
Ever tried Jamaican Coffee? You have to grind and roast the beans yourself. A parrot is the Trademark.
Nope, have no interest in roasting beans.
Me either.
For a hobby... okay if you want to... but today's tight, oxygen-less packaging extends the freshness for some time.
Grinding your own is well worth the effort.... but roasting your own.... meh.

for any of the coffee connoisseurs here, any recommendations?

Sure. Coffee is great. Totally different trip than tea. Get a good bean, I prefer the odd varietals from Ethiopia and elsewhere, grind the beans fine, make a strong coffee, better too strong than weak, and serve it with some LIGHT CREAM just until it resurfaces, enough to make it stirred into a light brown.

Don't add sugar----- sugar is what you dump on top of bad coffee to make it palatable to people who don't like coffee.

Smell your coffee brewed: if it smells good, you'll like it, if it smells burnt, bitter or sour, you've done something wrong.

Me either.
For a hobby... okay if you want to... but today's tight, oxygen-less packaging extends the freshness for some time.
even doing living histories and reenactments I still don't roast my own coffee even though it's very historically accurate.

Me either.
Hermetically sealed packaging keeps it fresh for years. Get the Oxygen out without using desiccant.

I've also had the odd sip or two in my life as both my parents drink coffee, but I've only really had one full cup of coffee before today. I've always disliked it immensely, even with cream and sugar.

Today I decided to stop my tea for a bit and try some coffee, black, as I've read some promising information about the health effects. It was surprisingly smooth (columbian beans) and I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it.

So now that I am going to try this out, for any of the coffee connoisseurs here, any recommendations?
Get a little grinder, buy whole beans and grind it fresh each time you make a pot. Get a carafe to keep the rest of the pot hot. Nothing is worse than burnt coffee from sitting on a hotplate for an hour. Try a little cinnamon in it for a change. Awesome. You don't really have to spend nose bleed prices for a decent cuppa.

I've also had the odd sip or two in my life as both my parents drink coffee, but I've only really had one full cup of coffee before today. I've always disliked it immensely, even with cream and sugar.

Today I decided to stop my tea for a bit and try some coffee, black, as I've read some promising information about the health effects. It was surprisingly smooth (columbian beans) and I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it.

So now that I am going to try this out, for any of the coffee connoisseurs here, any recommendations?
The preferred coffee I brew in a perculator, it's 50's style. Strong and black just like I like my women.
Percolators make the best! Unless you make that French Press stuff. That's awesome. I would never go to all that trouble first thing in the morning BEFORE my coffee, though.

Tbh, McDonalds coffee isn't bad at all. I prefer it to Dunkin or any other drive through places I've tried. My gas station's 60 cents cheaper, but I'll spend it for McD's. No Starbucks within 100 miles, so I've never had it. All the stuff you can add sounds like why people like it. Except for a little good fresh cinnamon once in awhile, I don't want anything in my coffee but a touch of half and half.

Get a little grinder, buy whole beans and grind it fresh each time you make a pot. Get a carafe to keep the rest of the pot hot. Nothing is worse than burnt coffee from sitting on a hotplate for an hour. Try a little cinnamon in it for a change. Awesome. You don't really have to spend nose bleed prices for a decent cuppa.
Honesty - get a burr grinder. Small blade grinders are very inefficient. You can always see pieces of beans of all different sizes even with the best blade grinders. In the end you can use 20% less coffee beans to make the same cup strength than a blade grinder simply due to burr grinders consistent grind.

Tbh, McDonalds coffee isn't bad at all. I prefer it to Dunkin or any other drive through places I've tried. My gas station's 60 cents cheaper, but I'll spend it for McD's. No Starbucks within 100 miles, so I've never had it. All the stuff you can add sounds like why people like it. Except for a little good fresh cinnamon once in awhile, I don't want anything in my coffee but a touch of half and half.
McDonalds coffee is much better than Starbucks. It isn't even close. :thup:

Honesty - get a burr grinder. Small blade grinders are very inefficient. You can always see pieces of beans of all different sizes even with the best blade grinders. In the end you can use 20% less coffee beans to make the same cup strength than a blade grinder simply due to burr grinders consistent grind.
Never heard of such a thing.

Never heard of such a thing.
More expensive than the usual blade grinders... but oh so much better.
And again, you can use at least 20% less beans for the same strength as a blade grinder.

McDonalds coffee is much better than Starbucks. It isn't even close. :thup:
Burger King's is brown water. There are Burger King's on the NY thruway, and I've made that mistake.

My friend in Florida uses a popcorn popper to roast the beans and said it works great.

Forum List

Back