I hate to admit it, but

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The Dems have outfoxed the GOP once again. It is now too late to seat Judge Kavanaugh for the current SCOTUS term, so there is no hurry to confirm him until the end of this year. Not knowing what further dirty tricks the Dems have up their sleeves, the prudent thing for the GOP is probably to allow an FBI investigation of Dr. Ford's accusation and then use its inconclusive results to expose the Dems as unethical scoundrels. Who knows, the voters might recognize the unfairness with which Judge Kavanaugh has been treated and throw the bums out.

The Dems have outfoxed the GOP once again. It is now too late to seat Judge Kavanaugh for the current SCOTUS term, so there is no hurry to confirm him until the end of this year. Not knowing what further dirty tricks the Dems have up their sleeves, the prudent thing for the GOP is probably to allow an FBI investigation of Dr. Ford's accusation and then use its inconclusive results to expose the Dems as unethical scoundrels. Who knows, the voters might recognize the unfairness with which Judge Kavanaugh has been treated and throw the bums out.

Why don't you wait until the FBI report is out before you label the Dems 'dirty' in this case?

If the FBI report reveals/confirms suspicions...then it would have been a delay well worth the wait.

I assume the Dems started this whole thing in a desperate attempt to sabotage Kavanaugh. But the Reps have been just as bad by trying to railroad this thing so that they can get their man in the SCOTUS before the mid-terms. Neither party is wholly innocent on this.

But now that the information is out, I want it FULLY investigated. Maybe you don't care if a scumbag ends up in the SCOTUS (if the accusations are true about Kavanaugh)...but I do.

Once again, I despise both parties.

Are you sure that if confirmed Kavanaugh can't take his seat as soon as he's sworn in and participate in and vote on any cases that have not been heard yet at that point? Say the confirmation happens on Tuesday, 9 Oct and he gets sworn in the next day. So on 11 Oct he takes his seat on the SCOTUS and hears the cases not already started. I have not seen the rules for that but I do know he has to hear the case arguments from the beginning or he can't vote on them.

BTW, the Dems have already been exposed as unethical scoundrels. One hopes the voters will make them pay dearly for the shitty way they treated Kavanaugh.

Well, that's been the plan all along. They've been masterful in executing it.

Cons have ZERO credibility to complain about Supreme Court shenanigans after what they did to Merrick Garland .

The republicans have no credibility at all when it comes to truth. So many false things have been forwarded by them.

Why don't you wait until the FBI report is out before you label the Dems 'dirty' in this case?

If the FBI report reveals/confirms suspicions...then it would have been a delay well worth the wait.

I assume the Dems started this whole thing in a desperate attempt to sabotage Kavanaugh. But the Reps have been just as bad by trying to railroad this thing so that they can get their man in the SCOTUS before the mid-terms. Neither party is wholly innocent on this.

But now that the information is out, I want it FULLY investigated. Maybe you don't care if a scumbag ends up in the SCOTUS (if the accusations are true about Kavanaugh)...but I do.

Congratulations on combining faux moral equivalency and ad hominem argument in the same post.

Are you sure that if confirmed Kavanaugh can't take his seat as soon as he's sworn in and participate in and vote on any cases that have not been heard yet at that point? Say the confirmation happens on Tuesday, 9 Oct and he gets sworn in the next day. So on 11 Oct he takes his seat on the SCOTUS and hears the cases not already started. I have not seen the rules for that but I do know he has to hear the case arguments from the beginning or he can't vote on them.

BTW, the Dems have already been exposed as unethical scoundrels. One hopes the voters will make them pay dearly for the shitty way they treated Kavanaugh.

A Blue wave is coming, this sad affair with brett o'kavanaugh doesn't change any math.

The dems are dog shit dirty! Period.

Ford has been telling people about Kavanaugh's assault for many years. Her friends, her husband, and her shrink.

She did not make it up. Kavanaugh is lying.

You can bury your heads in the sand and pretend he isn't, but you already know the truth.

Cons have ZERO credibility to complain about Supreme Court shenanigans after what they did to Merrick Garland .
You mean applying the Biden Rule?

More Conservative BS . Biden discussed this in the summer and there wasn’t even a vacancy in the court ! It was hypothetical.

Mitch hit the breaks with a good year left to go!

Ford has been telling people about Kavanaugh's assault for many years. Her friends, her husband, and her shrink.

She did not make it up. Kavanaugh is lying.

You can bury your heads in the sand and pretend he isn't, but you already know the truth.
She did not go to the police she went to dog shit dirty democrats!

he can still be seated

the vote will delayed by one week

if the vote does not happen

once again certain republicans are in cahoots with the dems

and much more swamp draining needs to occur

Forum List

Back