I have $50 to anyone who can prove Critical Race Theory is being taught in any US public school K-12

I had a high school class that discussed racism in US History at length. It was one of my favorite classes and we had a GREAT teacher. She did not teach that all white people are racist or all white people are bad. It was matter of fact, non-judgmental truth about one of our darker chapters in the past few hundred years.

We also learned about American Indian history, Andrew Jackson, and his Trail of Tears. This was not to make anyone feel bad or make them feel guilty. It's part of our history.

Had to put aside the normal textbooks, no doubt.

Had to put aside the normal textbooks, no doubt.

LoL - Honestly I don't think we had a textbook for that class. It were a lot of short films, talks from the teacher with student feedback, and assignments that encouraged us how to think for ourselves and come to our own conclusions. That was probably smart on her part to avoid the no doubt whitewashed textbooks from the mid-late 70s.

Great class. We had some amazing conversations, everyone seemed engaged, and there were no panty peeing parents at our school board meetings. ;)

I had a high school class that discussed racism in US History at length. It was one of my favorite classes and we had a GREAT teacher. She did not teach that all white people are racist or all white people are bad. It was matter of fact, non-judgmental truth about one of our darker chapters in the past few hundred years.

We also learned about American Indian history, Andrew Jackson, and his Trail of Tears. This was not to make anyone feel bad or make them feel guilty. It's part of our history.

You did not answer my question.

If not studying diversity, equity and inclusion then what is CRT

From the NEA website before they scubbed it, archived here.

"New Business Item A

2. Supporting and leading campaigns that: Result in increasing the implementation of culturally responsive education, critical race theory, and ethnic (Native people, Asian, Black, Latin(o/a/x), Middle Eastern, North African, and Pacific Islander) Studies curriculum in pre- K-12 and higher education

NEA passed that, then scrubbed from their website as soon as it was noticed. No, nothing to see here.

OK give me a cliff notes version
CRT attempts to answer the question, "If racism has been eliminated from our laws and our society, why are minorities still lagging behind in the US?"

(To the disdain of many Americans, nowhere in CRT does it appear, "Because brown people are inherently inferior human beings", which, for many of them, constitutes the only factual information they know about CRT. And to them, that's enough to hate it.)

So, CRT examines the generational and lingering effects of our country's past. What else? Should they consult a magic 8 ball, or read tea leaves?

It is a theory of economics and sociology. It hypothesizes that the lagging behind of minorities is an echo of the past treatment of minorities in this country. And it attempts to support that hypothesis using the evidence. Which is not hard to do, as all of the evidence available supports the hypothesis.

The irony is that, for the pure, reductionist hypotheses and analysis, CRT pretty much assumes that there is no more intentional racism in our society. That no actual racists exist anymore, or, at the very least, they have no effect. It holds these things as both constant and as both "zero", for the purpose of analyzing other factors that could and have led to the current state of affairs. For the purposes of controlling the data, this assumption is made.

Last edited:
CRT attempts to answer the question, "If racism has been eliminated from our laws and our society, why are minorities still lagging behind in the US?"

(To the disdain of many Americans, nowhere in CRT does it appear, "Because brown people are inherently inferior human beings", which, for many of them, constitutes the only factual information they know about CRT. And to them, that's enough to hate it.)

So, CRT examines the generational and lingering effects of our country's past. What else? Should they consult a magic 8 ball, or read tea leaves?

It is a theory of economics and sociology. It hypothesizes that the lagging behind of minorities is an echo of the past treatment of minorities in this country. And it attempts to support that hypothesis using the evidence. Which is not hard to do, as all of the evidence available supports the hypothesis.

The irony is that, for the pure, reductionist hypotheses and analysis, CRT pretty much assumes that there is no more intentional racism in our society. That no actual racists exist anymore, or, at the very least, have no effect. It holds these things as both constant and as both "zero", for the purpose of analyzing other factors that could and have led to the current state of affairs. For the purposes of controlling the data, this assumption is made.
So to you it has zero to do with DEI? If there is no more racism then why study it? And if it’s a “theory” then why are people who argue against it vilified?

So to you it has zero to do with DEI?
Only as much as electromagnetic theory has "nothing to do with" making light bulbs. Light bulb makers will use electromagnetic theory, but making light bulbs is not the purpose of the theory. It is just one, practical application of the theory.

So are tasers, and electric chairs. But people have an easier time separating these ideas, as electromagnetic theory has not been politicized. So people who are anti-death penalty are not lamenting the "ill intentions" of electromagnetic theory.

DEI has roots in other places, including science. It has been demonstrated repeatedly that diversity leads to more efficient group production and creativity. If CRT never existed, business would still be taking note of the proven advantages of diversity, as shown empirically.

From the NEA website before they scubbed it, archived here.

"New Business Item A

2. Supporting and leading campaigns that: Result in increasing the implementation of culturally responsive education, critical race theory, and ethnic (Native people, Asian, Black, Latin(o/a/x), Middle Eastern, North African, and Pacific Islander) Studies curriculum in pre- K-12 and higher education

NEA passed that, then scrubbed from their website as soon as it was noticed. No, nothing to see here.

Okay, that was the best response I've seen even though I'm not certain scrubbed stuff qualifies. I'll leave it up to Coyote to see if you win 50 bucks for the charity of your choice. ;)

Okay, that was the best response I've seen even though I'm not certain scrubbed stuff qualifies. I'll leave it up to Coyote to see if you win 50 bucks for the charity of your choice. ;)

Honestly, I'm fine either way.

They passed the business item and posted it to their website. When people noticed it and started asking questions they scrubbed it from the site but did not retract the business item.

When's the last time you visited a local university or spoke to a student
Irrelevant, anecdotal horseshit. Typical for you. Now invent 200 people out of thin air that you swear you interviewed. Just to put the specious cherry on your specious sundae.

Forum List

Back