I Have A Confession

577716_442247285864855_330703581_n_zpsdaad026d.jpg

I have nothing against gay/transgendered people. They tend to be nicer than the rest of us frankly. But I can relate to this reality also.

Its directed mainly at our resident member obsessed with transgendered folk, but also at others. Most of you know that I am very defensive of these people, and I think I shall tell you why:

Many years ago, when I was a little girl, around ten years old, my friends parents had a mate who was transgendered. She had started hormone treatment which softened her voice, and she wore skirts and blouses, lipstick, and spent ages styling her hair, which was long, boofy, and blonde. She was also a fan of high heels - a big fan.

Anyway, the first time I caught a glimpse of her, I thought what a weirdo she was. What kind of man dresses like a woman? I thought that since 'he' was a man, 'he' should damned well dress like one!

But that was my 10 year old mind talking. I knew nothing about transgendered people then.

I avoided this person for ages, until one day when I was at my friends place and in she walks, all lippy and high heels, and imagine my surprise when she greeted me by name. By name! I had never spoken to her, yet she knew my name, and despite the fact that she must have known it was obvious I was ignoring her on all those other occasions, she still put a smile on her face that let me know she was happy to see me.

That changed me. Something so simple made me realise that this person wasn't a creep at all - if she wanted to dress differently, so what? She was nice and polite, and once I'd started speaking to her, I wondered what the hell I was so afraid of.

My friend and I often spent time with her, alone in her house - and neither of us was molested, or propositioned by her. She never posed a threat to us at all - in fact, it was another of their friends who sexually abused me a year later - a heterosexual, married man with a daughter my age.

So when people here mock transgendered people, I wonder if they've actually met one, and gotten to know them. I have met a transgendered person first hand, and she was one of the sweetest, kindest women I have met - and what is so wrong about that???

Life and nature produces accidents all of the time. I can't fault you if you have the time and inclination to gravitate towards freaks of nature. I suppose it isn't unreasonable to expect any human being to desire acceptance. I don't stare at accidents on the freeway nor do I seek out gender anomolies to comfort. Life is complicated enough. I find that the simple relationships I have and know of provide an abundance of drama.

Um.. how appalling. How can you say something like that?

Its directed mainly at our resident member obsessed with transgendered folk, but also at others. Most of you know that I am very defensive of these people, and I think I shall tell you why:

Many years ago, when I was a little girl, around ten years old, my friends parents had a mate who was transgendered. She had started hormone treatment which softened her voice, and she wore skirts and blouses, lipstick, and spent ages styling her hair, which was long, boofy, and blonde. She was also a fan of high heels - a big fan.

Anyway, the first time I caught a glimpse of her, I thought what a weirdo she was. What kind of man dresses like a woman? I thought that since 'he' was a man, 'he' should damned well dress like one!

But that was my 10 year old mind talking. I knew nothing about transgendered people then.

I avoided this person for ages, until one day when I was at my friends place and in she walks, all lippy and high heels, and imagine my surprise when she greeted me by name. By name! I had never spoken to her, yet she knew my name, and despite the fact that she must have known it was obvious I was ignoring her on all those other occasions, she still put a smile on her face that let me know she was happy to see me.

That changed me. Something so simple made me realise that this person wasn't a creep at all - if she wanted to dress differently, so what? She was nice and polite, and once I'd started speaking to her, I wondered what the hell I was so afraid of.

My friend and I often spent time with her, alone in her house - and neither of us was molested, or propositioned by her. She never posed a threat to us at all - in fact, it was another of their friends who sexually abused me a year later - a heterosexual, married man with a daughter my age.

So when people here mock transgendered people, I wonder if they've actually met one, and gotten to know them. I have met a transgendered person first hand, and she was one of the sweetest, kindest women I have met - and what is so wrong about that???

Life and nature produces accidents all of the time. I can't fault you if you have the time and inclination to gravitate towards freaks of nature. I suppose it isn't unreasonable to expect any human being to desire acceptance. I don't stare at accidents on the freeway nor do I seek out gender anomolies to comfort. Life is complicated enough. I find that the simple relationships I have and know of provide an abundance of drama.

You don't suppose Noomi said anything to take away from your right to do so, do you? My interpretation is Noomi expressed admiration for a person who was born with a difficult life problem?

MO..??? Appaling? Maybe. Like I said there are plenty of people,...animals.. etc to find all around us that have problems. I don't think I said anything hatefull or derogatory. There are no transgender people in my life that I am aware of.

Let me put it in a different view.. If I was a billionaire and wanted to put some of my wealth into doing some good there are dozens of charities I would seek out to give to probably. I just don't see a fund to pay for sex transfer operations being high on that list.

Starving children
Abused children
Abused women
Adoption
Food banks
Childrens hospitals
Burn centers
Soldiers brain trauma
Amputee prosthetics

etc...

I could go on but..

If I listed twenty classes of desperate human conditions to donate to ..???

Desperate animal conditions to donate to....

Abused animals

etc...

Compassionate? Certainly.

Appaling? I guess if you want to cut your dick and balls off and grow titties you can get mad at me too.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_42QFD6zy7g]Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNCg5bZHHuE]Bonnie Raitt - Have a Heart - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_SIfLzccbc]Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me - Ohne Filter... - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tatx5-Eskc4]Jane Siberry- Calling All Angels W/Lyrics (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

First of all you are all talking about transgendered people like they aren't human like they are special or magical. They are just human beings. some are nice some are shits just like in every sect of the population.

They aren't any greater or worse. They just are....

Trans- | Define Trans- at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/trans-*
a prefix occurring in loanwords from Latin ( transcend; transfix ); on this model, used with the meanings “across,” “beyond,” “through,” “changing thoroughly,” ...

Men who MERELY feel feminine are NOT TRANSsexuals. They are FEM Gays.

When they GET CUT and have surgury to create a false vigina, THEN they are TRANSsexuals.

Jesus Christ on a crutch, folks, words have meanings!

if a child is born with ambious genitalia would you call their opperation a false vagina?

Forum List

Back