I have a nazi-like idea in regard to mooches

I was at yankee stadium last summer and we were having a good parking lot party and a dude came around selling tee's, he goes "ohhh.you all are from the Albany area....that's where my checks come from!" and then he giggled with his three teeth like it was something to be proud of.

I always stuck up for the poor, and for welfare.....................but whats going down is not right at all. it's well being taken advantage of.

Poor people don't suffer enough

If we don't make them suffer they will not want to stop being poor

He'll also want the disabled to toil also...maybe break limestone with a sledge hammer? Yeah,,,that's the ticket.. And all you old folks, euthanize at GT's request to eliminate their parasitic nature...

Everyone knows that the way to get poor people to succeed is to humiliate them and make them suffer..........I mean it has worked......like.....like........never
ebt cards that can buy beer and ciggs works, too huh?
More conservative urban legends

It is not an urban legend.

It's people not understanding that an EBT card is NOT a food stamp card, it is for ALL benefits. So even if you got SSI but NOT SNAP, you would have the EXACT same card that a person with SNAP would have.

Damn, I wish people would educate themselves before mouthing off.

Where the fuck have we fallen as a society that anyone would utter the word " a person can be a criminal and still be a good parent?"

No they fucking can't . Part of being a good parent is teaching your child to do right.

Get off the high horse, you can't see reality from up there.

Of course that's part of being a good parent. Not every parent just parades the worst part of their natures to their children.

Still, you think that someone who puts their child in daycare for 60 hours a week can be a good parent?

Poor people don't suffer enough

If we don't make them suffer they will not want to stop being poor

He'll also want the disabled to toil also...maybe break limestone with a sledge hammer? Yeah,,,that's the ticket.. And all you old folks, euthanize at GT's request to eliminate their parasitic nature...

Everyone knows that the way to get poor people to succeed is to humiliate them and make them suffer..........I mean it has worked......like.....like........never
ebt cards that can buy beer and ciggs works, too huh?
More conservative urban legends
umm, no. its the truth and ill refrain from your future posts seeing how fast and loose you must be with the truth

Where the fuck have we fallen as a society that anyone would utter the word " a person can be a criminal and still be a good parent?"

No they fucking can't . Part of being a good parent is teaching your child to do right.

Of course that's part of being a good parent. Not every parent just parades the worst part of their natures to their children.

Still, you think that someone who puts their child in daycare for 60 hours a week can be a good parent?

no

yes, a parent whose kid in daycare 60 hours can be a good parent.

in a huge amount of ways

I have no fear since I know what I am talking about, whereas you do not.

The Distribution of Major Tax Expenditures in the Individual Income Tax System - CBO

Uh-huh. Looks like you might have missed a little:

Preferential tax rates on capital gains and dividends; and

So the Mooches would include folks who get most of their income under these preferential tax rates on capital gains and dividends.....

......like, say, former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney? To the internment camps for ol' Romney is it? Kinda puts a kink in the whole 'makers' and 'takers' theme of the Republican National Convention, doesn't it?

NOW you are starting to get it! YES!

A mooch is a mooch is a mooch. No exceptions.

I see you have failed to admit that WIC and Medicare are not tax expenditures.

Oh, and where does it say that these expenditures total 1.2 trillion dollars?

You hacked up my post and then ask where it says they add up to $1.2 trillion? Interesting tactic, since I plainly provided that evidence in that post!

in a huge amount of ways

We will disagree on that.

Parents need to provide food and clothes and shelter, but they also need to provide attention and time.

Your nazi-like plan accounts for all of the former, but none of the latter.

Wrong, The EBT card is linked to ALL benefits a person receives, so if they get SSI and TIA and SNAP, well obviously they can use that card for more than food. So the CARD can certainly be used to buy booze, smokes, go to strip clubs, but the SNAP benefit portion can not.

I stand corrected, then.

I'm not saying that makes it any more right. I personally believe welfare recipients should be tested for drugs/alcohol/tobacco , but the notion that SNAP benefits are paying for such is incorrect. Such a purchase would automatically be rejected at the register.

Skylar, since you snipped my post and excised the part about how much tax expenditures cost so you could imply I did not provide evidence they do, here is the part you snipped, you sneaky squirrel:

The Distribution of Major Tax Expenditures in the Individual Income Tax System - CBO

Tax expenditures, like traditional forms of federal spending, contribute to the federal budget deficit; influence how people work, save, and invest; and affect the distribution of income.

See that? Tax expenditures are spending, add to the deficit, and are openly social behavioral experiments performed by the government. How in the name of all that is holy could a self-respecting conservative support them?

Although the 10 major tax expenditures listed here represent a small fraction of the more than 200 tax expenditures in the individual and corporate income tax systems, they will account for roughly two-thirds of the total budgetary effects of all tax expenditures in fiscal year 2013, CBO estimates. Together, those 10 tax expenditures are estimated to total more than $900 billion, or 5.7 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), in fiscal year 2013 and are projected to amount to nearly $12 trillion, or 5.4 percent of GDP, over the 2014–2023 period.

But wait, there's more!

JCT Identifies 1.2 Trillion in Tax Breaks This Year Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

As lawmakers fight over whether to extend and expand expired tax breaks or create new ones, the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) this week updated its estimate of the already existing tax breaks for 2014-2018. Adding up the individual costs of tax expenditures shows a total of $1.2 trillion for 2014, more than two-thirds of total projected income tax revenue this year.

So the Mooches would include folks who get most of their income under these preferential tax rates on capital gains and dividends.....

......like, say, former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney? To the internment camps for ol' Romney is it? Kinda puts a kink in the whole 'makers' and 'takers' theme of the Republican National Convention, doesn't it?

You hacked up my post and then ask where it says they add up to $1.2 trillion? Interesting tactic, since I plainly provided that evidence in that post!

more stupidity from you I see. of course WIC and Medicare are expenditures else they wouldn't get funded.

in a huge amount of ways

We will disagree on that.

Parents need to provide food and clothes and shelter, but they also need to provide attention and time.

Your nazi-like plan accounts for all of the former, but none of the latter.
oh so the plan says that the parents cant spend time with the kids?

weird I don't remember writing that

and also if a kid is in daycare 60hrs, and the avg. night of sleep is 7.5 hours, that's almost 60 hours left wake-time the kid is with the parents. breakfast, dinner, getting dressed, doing homework, teaching the kids many great things in life during that time

besides - alotta households still just work 40 hours, leaving 75 hours the parent is with their kids awake-time. and that's if both parents work the same schedule, in a 2 parent household

more stupidity from you I see. of course WIC and Medicare are expenditures else they wouldn't get funded.
Are you, like, stupid or something?

I am talking about "tax expenditures". It is a very specific term of which you are clearly totally unfamiliar.

Read the study materials to which I have linked so you are no longer ignorant.

I'm not saying that makes it any more right. I personally believe welfare recipients should be tested for drugs/alcohol/tobacco , but the notion that SNAP benefits are paying for such is incorrect. Such a purchase would automatically be rejected at the register.

If I had my way, I would mandate that those cards could only be used at certain kinds of stores. As in NOT liquor stores, NOT restaurants, NOT smoke shops.

Wrong, The EBT card is linked to ALL benefits a person receives, so if they get SSI and TIA and SNAP, well obviously they can use that card for more than food. So the CARD can certainly be used to buy booze, smokes, go to strip clubs, but the SNAP benefit portion can not.

I stand corrected, then.

"The Card can be used at EBT participating ATM machines and Point of Sale (POS) terminals throughout the state."

Electronic Benefits Transfer EBT OTDA

Tax expenditures account for $1.2 trillion a year. That's two thirds of what the government collects in revenue!

We are talking about SERIOUS mooching, kids.

These moochers are soaking up 2/3 of the revenues! Just how big a pair of blinders do you have to buy to willfully blind yourself to that? I mean, you practically have to grab your eyeballs and pop them out of your skull and stab knives into your eardrums to avoid it.

xpbgxg.jpg

I get that this is really about finding an excuse to put the poor into concentration camps, but COME ON!!

If I had my way, I would mandate that those cards could only be used at certain kinds of stores. As in NOT liquor stores, NOT restaurants, NOT smoke shops.

If I had my way, those cards would be funded by money earned by the cardholder, not money given to the cardholder and I wouldn't give a shit where they used it.

I stand corrected, then.

"The Card can be used at EBT participating ATM machines and Point of Sale (POS) terminals throughout the state."

What's your point?

I stand corrected, then.

What's your point?
That despite the transactions you're describing as deniable, they are not deniable when using CASH, from the same card.

Forum List

Back