I have a question for anti-theists

This is for the people that seem to think it's their mission to constantly shine a light on the ignorance of religious people. What's your motivation to try to undermine the simple and comforting beliefs of some theist? How hurtful is religion to society in your view? What are you trying to achieve? Why not just leave them be?
I believe in God, however the problem with many if not most people who do is that they do not think things thru. All they actually believe is that God did everything and will take care of them because they believe. This is moronic
So you believe in a lame ass god who isn't perfect and makes deformed and retarded babies. Nice.
No I do not believe that God makes babies, your mother and father unfortunately did that just fine on their own
Let me rephrase that. You worship a god that made a universe in which he allowed deformed and retarded babies to happen.

And what's wrong with deformed and retarded babies?

If you abort them you failed gods test.
So why does god make babies suffer like that?
Why didn't God give you an IQ of 500?
Why didn't God design you to be a baseball player?
Why didn't God design you to be a concert pianist?
You could ask questions forever and wherever you are on the scale of humanity, someone else will always be far superior to you in one aspect of another/
We’re talking about why god makes deformed and retarded babies that live in constant pain. Try to keep up.
Deformed and retarded babies live in constant pain?
No.

I know people with problems and people who have children with problems and these unfortunate children do not live in constant pain.

Did you ever have a migraine where it feels like a white hot knife stabbing it's way out of your brain?
Some do, google it.
How many?
My mother-in-law went through the Holocaust and suffered when she got older and she never had your attitude.
Enough, god makes them suffer on purpose.
The only one suffering here is you because you have to babble at every mention of God

Seriously what are you trying to prove?
They claim that god made the universe and everything in it. So that must include babies born deformed and in pain. Amirite or AMIRITE? :biggrin:
What is more powerful and or beautiful than DNA? Your life is sadly fixated on the pain and suffering that you surround yourself with. Jesus accepts people to his table all the time

This is for the people that seem to think it's their mission to constantly shine a light on the ignorance of religious people. What's your motivation to try to undermine the simple and comforting beliefs of some theist? How hurtful is religion to society in your view? What are you trying to achieve? Why not just leave them be?
Confounding, JoeB131 merely responded to your question, not about religion's influence today, versus centuries ago.
I agree with JoeB131's stance on religion, but not politics.
That said, here's the problem with religion overall. To the believers and those that they convert, it is a powerful influence both psychologically and in social behavior, including violent behavior, as history and our present era has shown. Its influence is so powerful that just a few modern era examples are needed to show its seriously negative influence on individuals.
1. Jonestown Massacre (1978): The Reverend Jim Jones, convinced over 900 of his followers to commit suicide, because of his religious teachings over them.
2. Heaven's Gate (1997): Preached that there was an alien craft behind a comet and the way to get there was by, suicide, which they did.
3. World Trade Center Attack (2001): About 3,000 people killed and 25,000 injured in the Islamist attack on our soil.
As for Islam, it has been responsible for thousands of attacks against "infidels," across the entire planet. All in the name of "religion."
This is not to say that there hasn't been killings in the name of non-religious ideologies (Marxism/Communism, Military Coups, territorial greed). But religion tends to hold a particular sway over many and when it gains control over a governments actions, the end result is always barbaric as it creates a clear "us against them" mentality, spewing the hatred towards those that don't believe or follow its ideology.

Right wing un-liberal snowflakes are not true Theists.
And you believe that baby killing liberals are?
abortion is the choice made across the full spectrum from theists to atheists for many reasons, complex and simple.

when it becomes mandatory their might be a place for the fanatics - esalla.
The coolest thing about abortion is that retards like kimballa harris have no kids

So it's cool with me if you kill your kids

abortion is the choice made across the full spectrum from theists to atheists for many reasons, complex and simple.

The coolest thing about abortion is that retards like kimballa harris have no kids

who's kids are you killing - esalla
1599509944065.png

somehow your fanaticism seems to be waning in the wind, best you win the november election - otherwise your self induced dementia may be all you are left with.

who's kids are you killing - esalla
View attachment 385710
somehow your fanaticism seems to be waning in the wind, best you win the november election - otherwise your self induced dementia may be all you are left with.
Again just knowing that hillary aborted all of bills little shits is fine with me. Better yet kimballa harris the slave trader killed all of her kids as well

McCarthyite propaganda? Stalin never did nothing wrong? Who's Polpot? Mao didn't starve nobody? Lol, you're just as religious as the evangelicals. I'm not over here making the 100 million dead claim at the outside extreme end of the estimates of the communist body count, but to try and act like none of it happened is ridiculous.

Again, the 1950's called, they want their Cold War Propaganda back. I'm sure they were all very bad men. But the only way you guys get to "millions" of dead is by counting every famine that happened, while ignoring famines in the Capitalist/Colonial World. (For instance, the Bengal Famine of 1942-43 that killed as many people as the Ukraine Famine of 1920.)

To put it in perspective. The population of the Soviet Union was 137 Million in 1920. By 1939, it had increased to 168 Million. It jumped to 196 million in 1941, but that was only after the annexations related to the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact. By 1946, it was down to 170 Million, but that had more to do with the losses in the war and all the people who fled west. (For instance, all the Poles west of 1939 Demarcation line were moved west to displace Germans in East Prussia and Silesia.) By 1954, when Uncle Joe kicked the bucket, it was at 182 million.

SOOOOOOOOOOO- you would have to actually have to believe that the USSR was able to gain nearly 50 million people on top of losing 20 million in the war AND having Stalin kill tens of millions. The Russians would have had to have been fucking like rabbits to accomplish that!

So, um, yeah, McCarthyite Propaganda.

So if the Churches hadn't come along, those sick fucks who were burning people at stakes all would've been well-adjusted family men, putting in volunteer hours at their local soup kitchens? The sick fucks cheering them on would've instead found meaning and entertainment in great literature? The scared commoners who turned a blind eye so that they could go about their normal lives with the hope that they wouldn't be the next poor bastard tied to the stake would've suddenly grown the courage to stand up to the unjust violence perpetrated by mobs and powerful individuals? You'll have to forgive me if I'm less convinced than you are.

Well, let's look at that. The Dark Ages, or as I like to refer to it, "The First Faith Based Initiative". The Churches really did destroy a lot of the Pagan learning, which is how Europe went from THIS.

1599561083894.png

to THIS

1599561171369.png

I believe in God, however the problem with many if not most people who do is that they do not think things thru. All they actually believe is that God did everything and will take care of them because they believe. This is moronic
So you believe in a lame ass god who isn't perfect and makes deformed and retarded babies. Nice.
No I do not believe that God makes babies, your mother and father unfortunately did that just fine on their own
Let me rephrase that. You worship a god that made a universe in which he allowed deformed and retarded babies to happen.

You could ask questions forever and wherever you are on the scale of humanity, someone else will always be far superior to you in one aspect of another/
We’re talking about why god makes deformed and retarded babies that live in constant pain. Try to keep up.
No.

I know people with problems and people who have children with problems and these unfortunate children do not live in constant pain.

Did you ever have a migraine where it feels like a white hot knife stabbing it's way out of your brain?
Some do, google it.
How many?
My mother-in-law went through the Holocaust and suffered when she got older and she never had your attitude.
Makes or Allows?
What is the purpose?
Your belief makes everyone's existence totally pointless since you consider death to be the final arbiter.
Makes or made a universe that allows such barbarity is the same thing.

After death you will likely be reborn. So death isn't the final anything.

No.

Some do, google it.
How many?
Makes or Allows?
What is the purpose?
Your belief makes everyone's existence totally pointless since you consider death to be the final arbiter.
Makes or made a universe that allows such barbarity is the same thing.

After death you will likely be reborn. So death isn't the final anything.
See now I actually agree with you

McCarthyite propaganda? Stalin never did nothing wrong? Who's Polpot? Mao didn't starve nobody? Lol, you're just as religious as the evangelicals. I'm not over here making the 100 million dead claim at the outside extreme end of the estimates of the communist body count, but to try and act like none of it happened is ridiculous.

Again, the 1950's called, they want their Cold War Propaganda back. I'm sure they were all very bad men. But the only way you guys get to "millions" of dead is by counting every famine that happened, while ignoring famines in the Capitalist/Colonial World. (For instance, the Bengal Famine of 1942-43 that killed as many people as the Ukraine Famine of 1920.)

To put it in perspective. The population of the Soviet Union was 137 Million in 1920. By 1939, it had increased to 168 Million. It jumped to 196 million in 1941, but that was only after the annexations related to the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact. By 1946, it was down to 170 Million, but that had more to do with the losses in the war and all the people who fled west. (For instance, all the Poles west of 1939 Demarcation line were moved west to displace Germans in East Prussia and Silesia.) By 1954, when Uncle Joe kicked the bucket, it was at 182 million.

SOOOOOOOOOOO- you would have to actually have to believe that the USSR was able to gain nearly 50 million people on top of losing 20 million in the war AND having Stalin kill tens of millions. The Russians would have had to have been fucking like rabbits to accomplish that!

So if the Churches hadn't come along, those sick fucks who were burning people at stakes all would've been well-adjusted family men, putting in volunteer hours at their local soup kitchens? The sick fucks cheering them on would've instead found meaning and entertainment in great literature? The scared commoners who turned a blind eye so that they could go about their normal lives with the hope that they wouldn't be the next poor bastard tied to the stake would've suddenly grown the courage to stand up to the unjust violence perpetrated by mobs and powerful individuals? You'll have to forgive me if I'm less convinced than you are.

Well, let's look at that. The Dark Ages, or as I like to refer to it, "The First Faith Based Initiative". The Churches really did destroy a lot of the Pagan learning, which is how Europe went from THIS.

View attachment 385889

to THIS

View attachment 385890
Not sure where you're getting your numbers on this stuff, but even the official numbers from the Soviet archives put Stalin's death count at over 3 million, not counting famines that he actively caused. Pistol-to-the-back-of-the-head executions alone under Stalin hit 800k. I'm pretty sure the boys at the Kremlin weren't getting their numbers from a US senator. You haven't even bothered to mention Pol Pot or Mao.

Try as you may, you're not going to be able to effectively defend the proposition that atheists aren't every bit as vicious and tribal as believers.

Last edited:

View attachment 385889

to THIS

View attachment 385890
Not sure where you're getting your numbers on this stuff, but even the official numbers from the Soviet archives put Stalin's death count at over 3 million, not counting famines that he actively caused. Pistol-to-the-back-of-the-head executions alone under Stalin hit 800k. I'm pretty sure the boys at the Kremlin weren't getting their numbers from a US senator. You haven't even bothered to mention Polpot or Mao.

Try as you may, you're not going to be able to effectively defend the proposition that atheists aren't every bit as vicious and tribal as believers.
JoeB = Self-hating Caucasian.

Not sure where you're getting your numbers on this stuff, but even the official numbers from the Soviet archives put Stalin's death count at over 3 million, not counting famines that he actively caused. Pistol-to-the-back-of-the-head executions alone under Stalin hit 800k. I'm pretty sure the boys at the Kremlin weren't getting their numbers from a US senator.

I'm sure there were a lot of people killed in their civil war... Civil Wars are like that. Just can't get worked up about it.

You haven't even bothered to mention Pol Pot or Mao.

Naw, because the Bircher numbers there get even MORE absurd. It was easier to illustrate my point with Russia (that Stalin couldn't have killed 20 million people and STILL have the USSR gain 50 million on his watch).

Here's the difference. When an Atheist kills you, it's usually over something tangible, such as a grudge from a previous war, class struggle or just plain old land.

A religionist will kill you over whether or not Jesus was made out of wafers...

It's very telling that you assume I'd have to be religious to have the perspective that I do. Religion has been losing power over America for generations. More and more young people are turning away every year. Religion has lost a lot of steam and it's going to continue to lose steam. The gay marriage debate is over. Soon the abortion debate will be over. Religion isn't the threat you seem to believe it is, not anymore anyway. You remind me of old people that never got over the Red scare.
Yes it is ....

And, what it tells us is that HATRED is the bases for the Mental Disorder known as Leftism.

Not sure where you're getting your numbers on this stuff, but even the official numbers from the Soviet archives put Stalin's death count at over 3 million, not counting famines that he actively caused. Pistol-to-the-back-of-the-head executions alone under Stalin hit 800k. I'm pretty sure the boys at the Kremlin weren't getting their numbers from a US senator.

I'm sure there were a lot of people killed in their civil war... Civil Wars are like that. Just can't get worked up about it.

You haven't even bothered to mention Pol Pot or Mao.

Naw, because the Bircher numbers there get even MORE absurd. It was easier to illustrate my point with Russia (that Stalin couldn't have killed 20 million people and STILL have the USSR gain 50 million on his watch).

Here's the difference. When an Atheist kills you, it's usually over something tangible, such as a grudge from a previous war, class struggle or just plain old land.

A religionist will kill you over whether or not Jesus was made out of wafers...
LMFAO! Civil war? Those aren't combat deaths, genius. They're executions, gulag deaths, and deaths caused by the kulak relocations. And, again, I never said 20 million. I pointed out only the 3 million attributed to him by the Soviet archives. So many strawmen, so little time to kick them over, huh?

Great job with the sweeping generalization about Bircher numbers of Mao and Pol Pot. I guess if your specifics are as ill researched as they are with the Soviets, it's probably better not to get too deep into it.

As far as the reasons for murder, now you're just moving the goal posts. We aren't talking about who has better reasons for committing needless atrocities (as though that's even a hair worth splitting!), we're talking about whether religious people are more violent than secular/atheistic ones. Also, just FYI, the victim of murder isn't generally comforted by knowing that the ideology that demanded his suffering wasn't based on a God concept.

Edit: What civil war are you even talking about? I can't seem to find any record of one occurring in the USSR after Stalin took power in 1924. You sure you're not just making shit up?

Last edited:
LMFAO! Civil war? Those aren't combat deaths, genius. They're executions, gulag deaths, and deaths caused by the kulak relocations. And, again, I never said 20 million. I pointed out only the 3 million attributed to him by the Soviet archives. So many strawmen, so little time to kick them over, huh?

3 million in a civil war isn't a big deal.

Russia did have a civil war, I realize that they never taught you this in home school.

Edit: What civil war are you even talking about? I can't seem to find any record of one occurring in the USSR after Stalin took power in 1924. You sure you're not just making shit up?

Russian Civil War..

Forum List

Back