I have no doubt that Kamala Harris will win the Popular Vote - but I worry about the Electoral College Vote.

I would appreciate some credible feedback. I'm concerned that the EC may be a "spoiler" again. What do you think?

Los Angeles County has more people than any of 40 states. That is, only 10 states have more population than Los Angeles County does alone.

That means when Democrats have large majorities in the largest population centers plus that's where the illegals mostly congregate, the popular vote from those relatively few large population centers can be more than all the rest of the country combined.

The EC was established by the Founders to prevent most of the country being disenfranchised by a few large urban centers looking to their own interests and not caring about anybody else. The large population areas still have an advantage but not as much advantage. The EC at least gives everybody a voice in who will be President.

It isn't a spoiler. It is good government.

And several well known Democrats have suggested they'll do away with it if they ever get the chance to do so. If the education system was still educating instead of mostly indoctrinating these days, the huge majority of Americans would know why the EC is the only justifiable system for electing the President.

Also the Democrats want a larger Supreme Court so long as it is a Democrat appointing the new justices. I'm pretty sure if Trump is elected in November, they will NOT approve enlarging the Supreme Court.

Of course if a totalitarian government is established none of this will matter. The Constitution, Bill of Rights, and all the protections they provide will in all likelihood be history.

Last edited:
I would appreciate some credible feedback. I'm concerned that the EC may be a "spoiler" again. What do you think?
Yeah, that's a concern. The electoral college needs to be abolished. Name another elected office that is determined by electoral votes. The local dog catcher is elected by popuar vote, but not the president. It's stupid. So it is not how elections are done if every other elected official wins by popular vote.

Yeah, that's a concern. The electoral college needs to be abolished. Name another elected office that is determined by electoral votes. The local dog catcher is elected by popuar vote, but not the president. It's stupid. So it is not how elections are done if every other elected official wins by popular vote.

Go ahead and give it shot Motumbo.

I think Harris has about as much chance of winning as Biden did. Only thing that is different was she is not going to drag down the rest of the democrats on the ballot.
Do not get me wrong there will be a large number of democrat cult members that will vote for her simply because of the D.
But then again there are a number of republican cult members that vote strictly because of the R.

I think the EC prevents Democrats from just focusing on urban centers. It requires them to pay attention to rural states as well. And they really, really don't want to do that. Oh well.

Los Angeles County has more people than any of 40 states. That is, only 10 states have more population than Los Angeles County does alone.

That means when Democrats have large majorities in the largest population centers plus that's where the illegals mostly congregate, the popular vote from those relatively few large population centers can be more than all the rest of the country combined.

The EC was established by the Founders to prevent most of the country being disenfranchised by a few large urban centers looking to their own interests and not caring about anybody else. The large population areas still have an advantage but not as much advantage. The EC at least gives everybody a voice.

It isn't a spoiler. It is good government.

And several well known Democrats have suggested they'll do away with it if they ever get the chance to do so.
So? The electoral college has allowed a few rural states to control elections. It was NOT created for the reasons you state.

If LA County has that population, then the candidate should make the effort to win that country.

Last edited:
I think the EC prevents Democrats from just focusing on urban centers. It requires them to pay attention to rural states as well. And they really, really don't want to do that. Oh well.
There are democrats living in rural areas fool.

Forum List

Back