I know Democrats won't take this seriously, but...

Byrd abandoned the KKK. This has been discussed before.

Try something else.
Even if true a hundred years ago southern Dems were racist's, Did they see the light & make attempts toward equality for all?
Could we remember the past? & still try for a strong measure of fairness TODAY.

Slavery and segregation were always part of the Southern Culture

It was there before either Party was formed and pushed regardless of political affiliation
Indeed.
Party is irrelevant to the ideological spectrum though. Affiliations shift routinely as parties shift focus. We’ve seen that first hand through the Trump era.
I’m more interested in the ideological mindsets that would fight to end slavery while another fights to maintain slavery.
We certainly can see clearly who laments the loss of “southern heritage” with the removal of the last vestiges of the confederacy.

Indeed.
Party is irrelevant to the ideological spectrum though. Affiliations shift routinely as parties shift focus. We’ve seen that first hand through the Trump era.
I’m more interested in the ideological mindsets that would fight to end slavery while another fights to maintain slavery.
We certainly can see clearly who laments the loss of “southern heritage” with the removal of the last vestiges of the confederacy.
While Republicans mock Democrats as the party of slavery they fight like hell to preserve the southern heritage of slavery.

I had a few hundred (at least) squabbles with left wingers here, especially over PC and Identity Politics. Anti-PC/Identity Politics was pretty much my little personal crusade, and my concerns came to fruition. I was called pretty much every name in the book, and that was certainly fine with me.

Now I see an even bigger threat, and my crusade has changed. So all the same things are now happening with the right wingers, or whatever the hell these people are.

While I've pointed out many times how similar the two ends of the spectrum can be, only one side is now, literally, in real time, an existential threat to our democracy and stability. As destructive as the Left's weaponization of PC/Identity Politics has been, this sociological crisis is worse.
I agree, and I think the pronouns finally broke people. When we start defining ourselves as things we aren't, or worse, completely made up things, the sky is the limit for cultural absurdity. I get how that freaks magaturds out. Just look how far they are going in new directions of absurdity to counter it. At the end of the day, some adults might actually analyze the situation and come to the cogent conclusion that none of this shit really matters in any significant way.

Sadly, there are no adults governing/making laws these days. Decorum is dead. That's on all of us.

Yes, the left defends the rights of homosexuals and Transexuals, they defend the environment, they oppose abusive name calling, they support the rights of immigrants, they oppose honoring confederate culture.
This enrages conservatives who engage in a war on woke
On USMB and elsewhere its not apparent at all that the left opposes abusive name-calling. You also left out the word "illegal" before "immigrants". And they do far more than just defend the rights of LGBTQ, they exalt them and give them a louder voice in politics and elsewhere than anybody else has. This is coming right out the other side of equality and into favoritism. Also, what you call Confederate culture includes the issue of state's rights....which used to be but is certainly not now...associated with slavery. It actually has to do with diversity of different cultures by state, so that people may choose to live among people they share ideological similarities with, without every state being culturally the same as the rest. THAT is what would happen eventually if Wokeism is pushed down and mandated from the federal level. What is the sense in having 50 states if they are all being railroaded into the one-world Woke culture that liberals want? That is not diversity, that is forced blending and dissolution of differences. As usual, the liberals achieve the opposite of what their claimed agenda is via their means, just like people buy more guns by FAR, not less when liberals are in charge. Proven time and time again.

Slavery wasn't a "southern culture" thing.

"Author N'Diaye estimates that 17 million East Africans were sold into slavery: "Most people still have the so-called Transatlantic [slave] trade by Europeans into the New World in mind. But in reality the Arab-Muslim slavery was much greater," N'diaye said.

"Eight million Africans were brought from East Africa via the Trans-Saharan route to Morocco or Egypt. A further nine million were deported to regions on the Red Sea or the Indian Ocean."

On USMB and elsewhere its not apparent at all that the left opposes abusive name-calling. You also left out the word "illegal" before "immigrants". And they do far more than just defend the rights of LGBTQ, they exalt them and give them a louder voice in politics and elsewhere than anybody else has. This is coming right out the other side of equality and into favoritism. Also, what you call Confederate culture includes the issue of state's rights....which used to be but is certainly not now...associated with slavery. It actually has to do with diversity of different cultures by state, so that people may choose to live among people they share ideological similarities with, without every state being culturally the same as the rest. THAT is what would happen eventually if Wokeism is pushed down and mandated from the federal level. What is the sense in having 50 states if they are all being railroaded into the one-world Woke culture that liberals want? That is not diversity, that is forced blending and dissolution of differences. As usual, the liberals achieve the opposite of what their claimed agenda is via their means, just like people buy more guns by FAR, not less when liberals are in charge. Proven time and time again.
Conservatives oppose all immigration, legal or not if they come from “shithole countries”

Under no circumstances do LGBTQ have more rights or influence than white Christian males

Conservatives defend the Confederacy. Its flags, it’s monuments and naming forts after Confederate heroes

Basically they've been running one big Cloward-Piven strategy.

Except that now they're getting other designated victim status groups into the game.

No need for a bunch of useless word salad when you can say it in just a few words...

Many subjects in politics and life in general are nuanced and require more than a few words.

Many subjects in politics and life in general are nuanced and require more than a few words.
Being long winded is not the same as nuanced

Or in another words, you talk too much without really saying anything

Stay the course!!! It's working so well.

Actually, it is. The work of right wing media to keep their base in perpetual state of outrage continues unabated.

It distracts them from the moral and intellectual bankruptcy at the core of Trump's Republican Party. And the lack of policy.

Women are bleeding out from the complications of pregnancy and instead of ensuring them access to the care they need, Republicans are banning the only trans athlete in the NCAA and celebrating their protection of women's sports.

Because it was their country too and they had a right to leave if they wanted to

Why would anyone still celebrate that?
Why would anyone honor a nation built on maintaining slavery forever?

Forum List

Back