🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I love it when Republicans accidently tell the truth!

Democrats never tell the truth.

Accidentally, or otherwise.

Bullshit, prove it.

Prove they lie?

No. Prove that your statement "Democrats never tell the truth" is correct.

The onus would be on you to prove they don't.

What a surprise, a conservatard making a logical fallacy--specifically, a negative proof.

The burden of proof lies on you. You made the claim. Support it with evidence.

conservatard LOL

check my posts junior. at least half of them lean left

"B-b-but, LM! A couple of my posts weren't completely full of conservatard bigotry! That means we're cool, r-right?"

Nope. A few incidents of you not engaging in racism and other forms of discrimination don't excuse the rest of the instances where you did. You're a bigoted conservatard, plain and simple. Now support your bullshit claim that "Democrats never tell the truth" with evidence or GTFO.

I mean, I know you can't support it with evidence--and if you even thought you had any, you would've posted it by now--but I'll at least give you the option to try to do so.

go find some children to lecture. You can start with Syntia

Bullshit, prove it.

Prove they lie?

What a surprise, a conservatard making a logical fallacy--specifically, a negative proof.

conservatard LOL

"B-b-but, LM! A couple of my posts weren't completely full of conservatard bigotry! That means we're cool, r-right?"

Nope. A few incidents of you not engaging in racism and other forms of discrimination don't excuse the rest of the instances where you did. You're a bigoted conservatard, plain and simple. Now support your bullshit claim that "Democrats never tell the truth" with evidence or GTFO.

I mean, I know you can't support it with evidence--and if you even thought you had any, you would've posted it by now--but I'll at least give you the option to try to do so.

Firs of all Junior, I took a dump this morning that is more important to me than your opinion is.

Second of all, your claims that I am a bigoted conservative are ludicrous on the face of them.

ANYONE who uses terms such as conservatard or libtard or any stupid variation on them is just dumb.

oh for crying out loud

and I guess the Democrats were there to make sure Bush got everything he wanted and their job was to make him look good.

1 they vote for the Iraq war then turn around and dish him over it
there's always this on going war on women with you jokers so that isn't used to UNDERMINE anyone
and I could go on but why bother

child

Just stop the bullshit. Bush tricked this country into a war that made the entire country look like a bunch of rabid fools. Everyone knows it. It's why Republicans were too ashamed to have him speak at their last convention.

Bush I can t remember why we disbanded the Iraqi army Mail Online

Bush s Last Press Conference Full of Disappointment - TIME

360_gw_bush_disappoint_0112.jpg

The face of someone who screwed up and knew it.

It's also the face of the most conservative American president in well over 100 years.

And look at the result.

Back in 2011, I read a surprisingly cogent book by Michael Lind. At only 224 pages, Lind made his points without wasting a lot of words like too many authors do when they don't really have much to say.

Early on, Lind offered an observation I had never considered and never heard anyone say before. He stated that while America has had both Southern presidents and conservative presidents since the Civil War era, America hasn't had a president who was both truly a conservative president AND from the South. His contention was that this made Bush an entirely different kind of president than American has had since the mid 19th century and it was reflected in his attitudes, beliefs, and policies. It was book that truly offered a fresh look and a unique insight into the thinking of both Bush and the other like-minded men around Bush who dictated policy for years and how their thinking stood in such stark contrast to past adminiatrations.

Made In Texas: George W. Bush And The Southern Takeover Of American Politics

1033739.jpg

Bullshit, prove it.

Prove they lie?

conservatard LOL

Firs of all Junior, I took a dump this morning that is more important to me than your opinion is.

Second of all, your claims that I am a bigoted conservative are ludicrous on the face of them.

ANYONE who uses terms such as conservatard or libtard or any stupid variation on them is just dumb.
by the very nature of today's conservatives, bigotry homophobia and xenophobia are must haves.
when repubs say ronny raygun was too liberal than things are as out of balance as they can be.

Oops: Republican Accidentally Tells the Truth About His Party's Strategy to Undermine Obama

*snip*

You might think Republicans would demand Obama consult with Congress before undertaking those attacks. You’d be wrong. In a remarkable bit of honesty, Jack Kingston, the Republican Congressman from Georgia, explained why in the New York Times today:

A lot of people would like to stay on the sideline and say, ‘Just bomb the place and tell us about it later.’ It’s an election year. A lot of Democrats don’t know how it would play in their party, and Republicans don’t want to change anything. We like the path we’re on now. We can denounce it if it goes bad, and praise it if it goes well and ask what took him so long.

Kingston, as the Times notes, supports having a vote on air strikes in Syria. But what he's saying is still remarkable: Republicans don’t want to vote on a force authorization so that they can avoid taking a position and criticize the president no matter what happens. In many ways, this is the story of Obama’s presidency: He can do no right among the Republican Party. Better for the GOP to attack him and avoid laying out a coherent agenda. After all, why govern when you can just sit on the sidelines and score political points? At least, Kingston is being honest though.
Thank you, Jack Kingston. :laugh2:

You mean like the truthism that went "I don't have a strategy for ISIS, yet" which really meant "DOD hasn't come up with a plan for defeating ISIS without killing Muslims, lots of Muslims, yet"

oh for crying out loud

and I guess the Democrats were there to make sure Bush got everything he wanted and their job was to make him look good.

there's always this on going war on women with you jokers so that isn't used to UNDERMINE anyone

child

Just stop the bullshit. Bush tricked this country into a war that made the entire country look like a bunch of rabid fools. Everyone knows it. It's why Republicans were too ashamed to have him speak at their last convention.

It's also the face of the most conservative American president in well over 100 years

. . . . .

I stopped reading right there. We know the rest is pure bullshit after an opening line as obviously wrong as that.

oh for crying out loud

child

It's also the face of the most conservative American president in well over 100 years

. . . . .

I stopped reading right there. We know the rest is pure bullshit after an opening line as obviously wrong as that.

Care to offer some evidence to the contrary? Reagan wasn't even as remotely as conservative as Bush in terms of policy. That's for damn sure.

The major contention (revisionist though it may be) for why Bush was not TRULY conservative was Bush's spending. But that's merely a red herring for two reasons. First of all, conservatives want to distance themselves from Bush because he's so damn unpopular, and my guess is that he'll continue to be unpopular as long as anyone is alive to remember his term in office and what happened as a result of both his policies and his lack of attention to governance, given the fact that he turned his back on his responsibilities for government oversight.

The second reason the notion of Bush's spending is a red herring is the fact that Bush was perfectly willing to spend tax money (including tax expenditures) on pushing his conservative agenda. I mean, what the hell do you think gov't policy is all about? Like in business, you put your money where your mouth is. If you think X is a good conservative cause, you don't just wait for people to act based on some speech you made; you put resources behind it. That's exactly what Bush and the conservative Republican congress did. The results in that regard, speak for themselves. Try as you might, you're not going to erase the public memory of those years, even if you can manage to convince younger voters who were kids at the time to believe something different.

So, between Bush's spending on conservative causes, and his conservative philosophical belief that gov't shouldn't impede business through too much regulation (as an example) the worst corporate abuses were allowed to continue unimpeded because Bush and company thought that "the market" was some kind of magical entity ruled by rationality as if greed couldn't possibly warp the judgement of men and institutions if and when they put individual personal gain above their fiduciary responsibilities.

Like I said, the results speak for themselves.

The OP laid out the very tactic many on the right use right here. If theres not a plan and scream where is it. If there is a plan they dont like it. If they dont like it they dont have an alternative other than destroying said plan completely then figuring it out (Remember Obamacare? Get rid of it first...then...)

And when all else fails and they cant even criticize the plan itself they ask why wasnt it presented the day, hour or min before this very moment

Evolutionary Entertainment
Exploring the evolutionary foundations of popular culture.
by Barry X. Kuhle
Conservatism as a Mental Illness
Republican pols have recently exhibited 10 telltale signs of mental illness.
Published on June 12, 2012 by Barry X. Kuhle, Ph.D. in Evolutionary Entertainment

This post is a response to Creationism as a mental illness by Robert Rowland Smith
inShare

In Creationism as a Mental Illness, Robert Rowland Smith argues that creationists exhibit several signs of mental illness including denial, psychosis, and inability to grasp irony.

98162-95061.jpg

The specter of mental illness does indeed loom large over creationists, but they are not alone. Signs of psychopathology can also be seen among their political bedfellows, conservative politicians, especially when you consider a wide range of illness indicators. In his award-winning 2005 book, Dr.Dr. James Whitney Hicks discusses 50 signs of mental illness including denial, delusion, hallucination, disordered thinking, anger, anti-social behavior, sexual preoccupation, grandiosity, general oddness, and paranoia. Now I'm no clinician, but in my (admittedly biased brown) eyes it seems that prominent Republicans have evidenced each of these ten telltale signs of mental illness over the past year:

Denial: humans did not evolve; Obama is not a native-born American Christian

2) Delusion: climate is not changing

3) Hallucination: God ordained me to be President

4) Disordered Thinking: being for small government that's huge in the bedroom; being anti-contraception and anti-abortion

5) Anger: Newt Gingrich’s perpetual scowl

6) Anti-social Behavior: toward women, gays, minorities, anyone without an umbilical cord or trust fund

7) Sexual Preoccupation: a fervent compulsion to control when we can mate, with whom we can mate, and precisely how we are allowed to mate (which I lampoon in Why Do Politicians Want to Police Dick and Jane's Private Parts?)

8) Grandiosity: even Rick Santorum recognizes Gingrich’s “over the moon” grandiosity

9) General Oddness: Ron Paul

10) Paranoia: pretty much all of them, all of the time

Even (the not necessarily dumb) Pope Francis appears to recognize that “it is a serious illness, this of ideological [conservative] Christians. It is an illness, but it is not new, eh?”

Regrettably, the Republican who least exhibits anti-science stances is the only one who (tongue-in-cheek) acknowledges his mental illness:

98162-95059.png

Until Jon Huntsman becomes the sane voice of his insane party, maybe "Republican Syndrome" should be added to the DSM-V so that crazy conservative pols can receive the mental health treatment they need. I bet "Obamacare" would even cover it.

Follow me on Facebook andTwitter.

Copyright © 2012 Barry X. Kuhle. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Psychology Today and the University of Scranton, or me, or my friends, family, probation officer, gut bacteria, darkest thoughts, and personal mohel.

45 Reader comments join the discussion here!

Barry X. Kuhle, Ph.D., is an assistant professor of psychology at the University of Scranton.

more...
Subscribe to Evolutionary Entertainment
Evolutionary EntertainmentRecent Posts

An atheist father’s love letter to the daughter who wants to pray with him.

Sometimes my examples in class perturb even me.

On the Origin of Human Behavior & Evolution Society, an oral history project.

My lectures are often awkwardly funny on purpose. This time it was accidental.

Forum List

Back