🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

“I may not agree with what you say, but I’ll defend to my dying day your right to say it”

My opinion is leftists oppose war and authoritarian government, along with supporting an unlimited right to free speech. Liberals oppose all these things.
name one leftist and one liberal who are currently in congress.

name one leftist and one liberal who are currently in congress.
Oh! There are lots of shit liberals in Congress. There isn’t one leftist. Bernie might have been one, but he sold his soul to the D Party establishment.

Does this blow your mind?

Oh! There are lots of shit liberals in Congress. There isn’t one leftist. Bernie might have been one, but he sold his soul to the D Party establishment.

Does this blow your mind?
Name one who isn’t a shit liberal?

When Voltaire said this...

6b628d55253342d3002f71425397eb2591ce04d34f3f1ffa764a4c23b0328bda_1.jpg

Evelyn Beatrice Hall said so - and this original is indeed in the English language: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

In the textes of Voltaire this sentence was nowhere found.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall published works under the male pseudonym Stephen George Tallentyre. It is written in: The Friends of Voltaire. With Portraits. Smith Elder & Co. London 1906

source: Evelyn Beatrice Hall – Wikiquote

Last edited:
My opinion is leftists oppose war and authoritarian government, along with supporting an unlimited right to free speech. Liberals oppose all these things.

Curious as to where this conclusion comes from? What gives you that opinion? What is 'the left'?

Curious as to where this conclusion comes from? What gives you that opinion? What is 'the left'?
My opinion from my research. The left as I described above is different from liberals. Liberals today are really corporatist authoritarian warmongering democrats. Much like republicans.

People I consider leftists are Jimmy Dore, Aaron matte, Matt Taibbi, Max Blumenthal, Caitlin Johnstone.

PS. Did you see how the D libs in Congress treated Taibbi? They loved him not long ago.

My opinion from my research. The left as I described above is different from liberals. Liberals today are really corporatist authoritarian warmongering democrats. Much like republicans.

People I consider leftists are Jimmy Dore, Aaron matte, Matt Taibbi, Max Blumenthal, Caitlin Johnstone.

PS. Did you see how the D libs in Congress treated Taibbi? They loved him not long ago.
they need to step up and show they are different,, cause so far all of them are in lock step with each other,,

Why do you consider those people to be on the left? What characteristics define them as being so, and what standard are you using to identify those characteristics? Just the basic political spectrum?

Criminal Speech by Mr. Trump in furtherance of criminal activity is not Free Speech.
Great article by Turley disagreeing with you. Turley used to be a Liberal, still is, I guess, but he got left behind in the rush to Facio-Marxism.

He points out that Biden's many lies could be construed to be criminal as well, using your logic.

Tip-toe out of that bubble and read a real expert on the matter:

"This criminal intent is based on Trump being told by many people that the election was not stolen and he could not stop its certification. I was one of those who maintained that Trump was wrong on the election, Vice President Pence’s authority to void the results, and the Trump team’s challenges. However, Trump followed the advice of a second, albeit smaller, set of lawyers who told him there was a basis for challenging the election.

That is not a crime. It is, in my view, protected political speech."

they need to step up and show they are different,, cause so far all of them are in lock step with each other,,
your post only proves you’re uninformed. If you were familiar with those I mentioned, you’d know they’re different.

Why do you consider those people to be on the left? What characteristics define them as being so, and what standard are you using to identify those characteristics? Just the basic political spectrum?
Anti-establishment, anti-war, anti-imperialism, anti-corporatism, etc. Plus they are clearly hated by both crime families and the corporate media.

This from Caitlin should enlighten you, but I’m skeptical.

Ask an anti-imperialist what's the worst thing Trump did and they'll talk about real things like Yemen, Venezuela, Soleimani, Assange, the JCPOA, and the new cold war. Ask a Democrat what's the worst thing Trump did and they'll talk about pretend nonsense like Russian collusion and insurrection.
The US government is doing literally hundreds of things right now as you read this that are more harmful and concerning than a pretend "insurrection" that never at any time had a higher than zero percent chance of succeeding, but that's the issue liberals have been shrieking about for the last two and a half years.
It’s so stupid how today’s right wingers pretend they’re different from the stuffy warmongering conservatives of previous decades. Trump supporters revealed how phony their faction’s antiwar lip service is when their guy assassinated Soleimani; Trump took the US to the brink of war with Iran and everything I said in opposition to this was met with tons of comments from MAGAs cheerleading the assassination and saying the Iranian people need to be free. All of a sudden Politics Twitter was full of 2003 Bush Republicans spouting the exact kinds of rhetoric they were spouting 20 years ago. These people haven’t changed at all.

Great article by Turley disagreeing with you. Turley used to be a Liberal, still is, I guess, but he got left behind in the rush to Facio-Marxism.

He points out that Biden's many lies could be construed to be criminal as well, using your logic.

Tip-toe out of that bubble and read a real expert on the matter:

"This criminal intent is based on Trump being told by many people that the election was not stolen and he could not stop its certification. I was one of those who maintained that Trump was wrong on the election, Vice President Pence’s authority to void the results, and the Trump team’s challenges. However, Trump followed the advice of a second, albeit smaller, set of lawyers who told him there was a basis for challenging the election.

That is not a crime. It is, in my view, protected political speech."

As pointed out in the indictment, Turley is wrong. The Judge accepts the indictment as is. Defense will not be able to privilege the 'free speech' defense. Macaulay, if I tell Taz to shoot you, you are not defended by 'free speech.' You are truly mental if you think so.

As pointed out in the indictment, Turley is wrong. The Judge accepts the indictment as is. Defense will not be able to privilege the 'free speech' defense. Macaulay, if I tell Taz to shoot you, you are not defended by 'free speech.' You are truly mental if you think so.
Trump didn't tell Taz to shoot anyone.

A red herring fallacy is a form of logical fallacy or reasoning error that occurs when a misleading argument or question is presented to distract from the main issue or argument at hand.

Then, simply declaring Turley wrong---well, seems like a wasted post. It is so hard to get up an honest discussion on this board.

Look up red herring fallacy.

Trump used his speech to order criminal activity.

His ass is toasted; he won't escape.

"free speech", your butt :)

Look up red herring fallacy.

Trump used his speech to order criminal activity.

His ass is toasted; he won't escape.

"free speech", your butt :)

And damn Trump was so devious about it telling them to "demonstrate peacefully" when he meant "destroy them all and nuke the empty cities running with blood as you leave."

I learn so much from you leftists, like never believe an idiot

When have we recently heard anyone in power or in media and among the elite say those words? Rather a quaint idea in the current environment. It even sounds a bit subversive in an era of visceral hatred for free speech. We now have government, media, and tech colluding to silence free speech. How long before hate speech and thought crimes will result in long prison sentences? Will the American people continue allowing the destruction of their right to free speech?
You MAGA types tend to conflate "free speech" with "speech that incites Insurrection" and with "speech designed to intimidate trial witnesses." and "speech designed to solicit criminal or unconstitutional actions on the part of others".

Others here are only too happy to correct your misinformation... your pathetic and painfully obvious attempts at obfuscation and running cover for him.

Your Orange Baboon-God is going down... and there isn't a damned thing you can do about it. :cool:

And damn Trump was so devious about it telling them to "demonstrate peacefully" when he meant "destroy them all and nuke the empty cities running with blood as you leave."

I learn so much from you leftists, like never believe an idiot
Pay attention to the trial, and you will see what you selectively missed. The jury won't.

Forum List

Back