"I thought healthcare was going to be free.

Better they pay for it rather than you and me when they go to they emergency room for a common cold.

They do not currently get treatment for a non emergent issue at the ER. They get a referral to a clinic.

Better they pay for it rather than you and me when they go to they emergency room for a common cold.

They will though.

What single mother of two, working as a waitress, has extra money to pay for coverage?
Might as well continue to use the ER and just pay the fine out of their $5,000 EIC Tax refund

Dumb fuck, she has no health care at all at present. Yes, she can afford at least catastrophic health care under the ACA. But you assholes would rather her children die of a ruptured appendix than she recieve any kind of assistance from the whole of society that benefits from her work. Good ol' Randian morality.

A child's ruptured appendix would be treated free by the hospital and written off or charged to a charity that pays for that type of thing.

They will though.

What single mother of two, working as a waitress, has extra money to pay for coverage?
Might as well continue to use the ER and just pay the fine out of their $5,000 EIC Tax refund

You really don't understand how it works, do you? A single mother of two whose only job is being a waitress will either fall into Medicaid or if she earns enough, she'll get a huge tax credit that will pay for almost all of her health insurance. Yes, it's more welfare, but it makes certain the hospitals and doctors actually get paid, and it will help keep costs down.

but it makes certain the hospitals and doctors actually get paid

no not really

the bronze plan pays

only a portion of two doctor office visits

any other office visits come out of pocket

then there is a 5000 dollar deductible

this in addition to monthly insurance payments

doctors will probably get paid less then they do now

because any money the working poor had to pay the

docs will go to insurance payments

Most of them go to the Health Department or free clinics. There is a free clinic in Murray KY that is supported by donations, money from a thrift store, and volunteer workers. The doctors don't want them in their offices. When I was in nursing school and did a rotation at the Health Department, I learned that the local OBGYNs see them there to keep them out of their fancy offices. They had the same doctors I did, only for free. Now, if they don't take the insurance, they will be fined. So, I will wait with bated breath to hear how the working poor are better off under the ACA.

Don't get me wrong. As a nurse, I supported national health care. But as an extension of Medicaid with a small premium charged for those who work. NOT this travesty.

Last edited:
I continue to be amazed at the number of people who have no clue how the American health care system functions.

They will though.

Dumb fuck, she has no health care at all at present. Yes, she can afford at least catastrophic health care under the ACA. But you assholes would rather her children die of a ruptured appendix than she recieve any kind of assistance from the whole of society that benefits from her work. Good ol' Randian morality.

A child's ruptured appendix would be treated free by the hospital and written off or charged to a charity that pays for that type of thing.

Why do the moonbats always confuse health care with health insurance?

She gets catastrophic health care under the ACA? Did you seriously actually write that?

Catastrophic health care?

That does not sound pleasant at all!

I continue to be amazed at the number of people who have no clue how the American health care system functions.

And it is done intentionally

Never was there a campaign meant to inform or instruct anyone
Only, "We have to pass it so we can learn what's in it" and vilification of anyone that had anything negative to say about it.

And it is done intentionally

Never was there a campaign meant to inform or instruct anyone
Only, "We have to pass it so we can learn what's in it" and vilification of anyone that had anything negative to say about it.

[email protected] was proof of that.

the point is, they wont pay for it..... paying the penalty is less expensive then the coverage

they want it for free.

and ya know what.... they more then likely WILL get it for free.

Can your boobs type too or is that just an optical illusion?

How do you think the current system works? People who have no insurance go to the ER and get treated, and if needed, are checked in to a room upstairs. Who do you think ultimately pays under the current system when they don't? You do.

the point is, they wont pay for it..... paying the penalty is less expensive then the coverage

they want it for free.

How do you think the current system works? People who have no insurance go to the ER and get treated, and if needed, are checked in to a room upstairs. Who do you think ultimately pays under the current system when they don't? You do.

Scroll back up for the answer

Before the ACA the uninsured ER visits were tacked on to other insurance policy holders' premiums

Now every taxpayer in America gets to pay

they want it for free.

Talk about boobs

Then nothing changes and YOU call that progress?

Moonbat

They will though.

Eat shit, fumble head.
She also has no fucking Mercedes at the moment. If we were to pass the Affordable CAR Act would she magically be able to afford the added expense of the car payments?
Old Rocks is such a friggin liar. NOONE dies in this country because of ruptured appendix, have insurance or not.
Woman in question would be on all kind of government support, including medicaid. Medical insurance for children is available in all states, even if parents don' t quite qualify. And has been available for a long time

BS. Another day in PUBBSWORLD...Medicaid now is for those making less than 800/month in NY, 0 IN MANY STATES...she might get it under ACA, in Dem states of course. Probably would go on welfare to get care in Pubworld...BRILLIANT.

BS. Another day in PUBBSWORLD...Medicaid now is for those making less than 800/month in NY, 0 IN MANY STATES...she might get it under ACA, in Dem states of course. Probably would go on welfare to get care in Pubworld...BRILLIANT.

lies, more lies and even yet more lies form frankie hater dupie - who would think :lol:

they want it for free.

They do not get 'treated' for non emergent issues. They get REFERRED for non emergent issues. EMTALA requires everyone who goes to a hospital ER be evaluated, not treated. And if they abuse the ER, they begin to get wait listed because they become like the little boy who cried wolf. They are not allowed to quickly and easily soak up the services for the paying customers. You can save your breath denying this occurs. I worked at a hospital doing evaluations for the doctors. The Do Not Admit List did not exist. It was known as 'The List That Does Not Exist.' We all had a copy.

Last edited:

So we were already paying for those who did not have insurance but gov't insisted on shoving through a law that mandates we all have to buy insurance (unless you can't afford it then the rest of us have to subsidize (pay for) those people) but in order to be fair, pre-exsisting conditions get to pay the same rate as non-pre-existing conditions, which means the non-pre-existing condtion people will picking up the slack (pay for) for the pre-existing condition people and oh yeah, while they were at it they gov't also decided what would have to be mandatory coverage and that includes maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental) and who the hell cares that a 55 year old single no kids person has to pay for something they do not need and will never, ever use.

Only in a screwed up mind does this fix the problem of someone else having to pay for the other guy.

they don't have a clue about a lot of things. They just parrot the lies the LSM brainwashes them.

This appendix thing made me laugh out loud - this is such a blatant lie it is not even worth pointing at it. The whole EMTALA law is exactly about "ruptured appendices".
It degenerated into getting CABG and transplants "for free" - and that is why our healthcare is so horrendously expensive - if half of the world cat get a XXII century medical care "for free" it is going to be expensive - for those who actually pay.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back