I was wrong... the health of the mother is not valid for an abortion.

Fetuses aren't people.

Women are going to get abortions no matter what the law is.

The kind of police state where you are successfully outlawing abortion, no one but the craziest religious fanatic would want to live in.

Now, on other threads, you've whined about what kind of police state we'd need to live in to ban guns, but you've never thought about the kind of police state we'd need to have to keep women from having abortions?

Do you even think these things through, Mormon Bob?

Fetuses are people, you imbecile.

Faux female skanks are always going to try to murder their own flesh and blood.

The only kind of states that condone murder are police states, you imbecile.

The right to keep and bear arms eventually goes to decent people defending themselves against baby-murdering, staist bootlicks like you.

We aren't going to do anything about abortion, guns or immigration. All are simply things politicians use to divide people and sadly it works.

Quite the contrary, we will probably get serious immigration reform when the next Democrat takes office.

Gun control. Probably not so much, but some measures are better than others.

My concern about abortion is that if the Court stays as it is, some backwaters will put more TRAP laws and other restrictions in place. So the wealthy can still get abortions, but the poor can't.

Great. This is your cult. You and the female you screw.

First, you silly twit, I gave you the medical scientific facts.

Second, you filthy ass, feminazi skank of an infanticidal whore of a a sociopathic bitch of a faux female, you're not fit to lick the souls of my wife's shoes.

Fetuses aren't people.

Women are going to get abortions no matter what the law is.

The kind of police state where you are successfully outlawing abortion, no one but the craziest religious fanatic would want to live in.

Now, on other threads, you've whined about what kind of police state we'd need to live in to ban guns, but you've never thought about the kind of police state we'd need to have to keep women from having abortions?

Do you even think these things through, Mormon Bob?

The right to keep and bear arms eventually goes to decent people defending themselves against baby-murdering, staist bootlicks like you.

I'm pro-life but I read a reply like this one and it almost makes me reconsider.

Fetuses aren't people. They can't live outside the womb. They don't have legal names. They aren't counted in the Census or on tax forms.

Um, we have 33,000 gun deaths a year. 2/3rd of them are you gun nuts offing yourselves. The rest are gun nuts offing their neighbors, family members or some scary black man who looked at them funny.

Talk about the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

We aren't going to do anything about abortion, guns or immigration. All are simply things politicians use to divide people and sadly it works.

Quite the contrary, we will probably get serious immigration reform when the next Democrat takes office.

If Biden would win it would be the same old, same old. Obviously the powers that be aren't interested in anyone wanting to enact any sort of reform.

Gun control. Probably not so much, but some measures are better than others.

My concern about abortion is that if the Court stays as it is, some backwaters will put more TRAP laws and other restrictions in place. So the wealthy can still get abortions, but the poor can't.

The poor still will but it's a moot point.

I leave morals out of it.

The Constitution is the law of the land.

Therefore the debate should be more about what abortions (if any) can be defended Constitutionally. Or not.

That's my take on it, anyway. I'm not butthurt about it when others disagree.

so if the constitution said we could kill a person up to 5 yrs old you would be OK with it

sorry but the constitution only works for a moral society,,,

Let's work with what we have.

It says that all persons have a right to their life and to the equal protections of our laws. (pretty fucking inclusive.)

Do you think that needs to be changed?

If so, the onus is on you to change it.
Roe v Wade is based on a (faulty) decision by the Supreme Court that found the "right to privacy" that justified abortion but had no basis on Constitutional law. All conservatives are looking for today is to outlaw the barbaric late term abortion procedure that authorizes the murder of full term infants so close to life.

The Constitution says ALL persons have a right to the equal protections of our laws.

So, I stand in defense of ALL. Regardless of age, sex, color, religion, stage of development, level of dependence or creed.

I challenge any of the proaborts here to claim the same.
One more time for the thinking impaired. A fetus is not a person. This is the law. If you dont like it then change the law.

one more time for the blood thirsty

a fetus is the early stages of human life,,, this is a fact and no law will change that,,,

Fetuses aren't people. They can't live outside the womb. They don't have legal names. They aren't counted in the Census or on tax forms.

Um, we have 33,000 gun deaths a year. 2/3rd of them are you gun nuts offing yourselves. The rest are gun nuts offing their neighbors, family members or some scary black man who looked at them funny.

Talk about the gang that couldn't shoot straight.
Fetuses aren't people? Yet, a person can be brought up on murder charges for killing one.
I get confused when talking to a liberal, it's their lack of logic I don't understand

I get confused when talking to a liberal, it's their lack of logic I don't understand

Orwell explained it very well, when he defined and described Doublethink

To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word—doublethink—involved the use of doublethink.
·
·
·
The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them… To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies—all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.

Orwell explained it very well, when he defined and described Doublethink

To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word—doublethink—involved the use of doublethink.
·
·
·
The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them… To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies—all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.
Yeah, that's it!

so if the constitution said we could kill a person up to 5 yrs old you would be OK with it

sorry but the constitution only works for a moral society,,,

It says that all persons have a right to their life and to the equal protections of our laws. (pretty fucking inclusive.)

Roe v Wade is based on a (faulty) decision by the Supreme Court that found the "right to privacy" that justified abortion but had no basis on Constitutional law. All conservatives are looking for today is to outlaw the barbaric late term abortion procedure that authorizes the murder of full term infants so close to life.

The Constitution says ALL persons have a right to the equal protections of our laws.

So, I stand in defense of ALL. Regardless of age, sex, color, religion, stage of development, level of dependence or creed.

One more time for the thinking impaired. A fetus is not a person. This is the law. If you dont like it then change the law.

a fetus is the early stages of human life,,, this is a fact and no law will change that,,,
Early stages = incomplete. Look it up if you dont believe me or have an adult you trust explain it to you kid. :rolleyes:

Early stages = incomplete. Look it up if you dont believe me or have an adult you trust explain it to you kid. :rolleyes:
a newborn isnt complete,,,

and if you dont kill them then he/she would grow into an adult ,,,

A newborn is complete. They are not hooked to their mom as a life support system any longer.

A newborn is complete. They are not hooked to their mom as a life support system any longer.

not sure how that makes them complete when they still depend on others for survival after birth,,,

whether inside or outside the womb is just geography

not sure how that makes them complete when they still depend on others for survival after birth,,,

whether inside or outside the womb is just geography
People that are on life support depend on others for survival as well. What makes them complete is that they no longer use their umbilical cord. Geography obviously matters to you guys. Thats why you guys want a wall between the US and Mexico.

Forum List

Back