I went to jail tonight and i need advice

Yes, I was drunk and my memory was a bit foggy when I posted the op.

My brother did open the door and I promptly attempted to close it. At that point they all came in without asking. At that point, yes, I became very agitated and sat in my chair and refused to give id.

It was 11 pm. Noise ordinance laws kick in at midnight on the weekends. None the less, I turned it down before even being told. They didn't need to progress the situation to the level they did. No crime was being commited at that point. No investigation, as they put it, was necessary.

My brother did open the door and I promptly attempted to close it. At that point they all came in without asking. At that point, yes, I became very agitated and sat in my chair and refused to give id.

It was 11 pm. Noise ordinance laws kick in at midnight on the weekends. None the less, I turned it down before even being told. They didn't need to progress the situation to the level they did. No crime was being commited at that point. No investigation, as they put it, was necessary.

So, serious question Gramps. How do you feel about the Patriot act and the NDAA now? You know they could take you away forever and it would be totally legal, right?

You're a shitty, inconsiderate neighbor and you were being a drunken asshole to police officers who were there because of YOU in the first place. Sounds like you got off with less than you deserved.

So, serious question Gramps. How do you feel about the Patriot act and the NDAA now? You know they could take you away forever and it would be totally legal, right?

The patriot act did not lead to my arrest. My actions did.

And they do release people while they're still drunk. They put them in the tank overnight, release them out in the am..often drunks are still buzzed.

I find it very difficult to believe in this day and age that the police would release someone from jail who's still legally intoxicated because he might just get behind the wheels of a car when he leaves (even if someone picks him up). If he got into an accident, the police could be legally liable for damages from a civil suit.

Most Americans would be shocked if they knew what our Police were hauling Citizens off to Jail for these days. They're doing it over very minor offenses. They just can't wait to lock Citizens up. But again, that's all part of their awful training. James Corbett sums it all up very accurately...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKkFoSt6aKQ]Police State 2012: No Need to Wait, It's Already Here - YouTube[/ame]

You're a shitty, inconsiderate neighbor and you were being a drunken asshole to police officers who were there because of YOU in the first place. Sounds like you got off with less than you deserved.

You made that point 10 pages ago. Now your just acting like the person you're accusing me of being.

Congrats, you've come full circle.

Uh oh...now we are getting the truth....remember,if they smell alcohol on your breath,even in a private home,theyll be tough. But,if you fidnt have a warrsnt,rigjts read,or be allowed a call,then you could still sue.

Bottom line..... It doesn't matter the how's and why's now, the rights or wrongs.

What matters is you get a lawyer.

You made that point 10 pages ago. Now your just acting like the person you're accusing me of being.

Congrats, you've come full circle.

If you don't want to hear what an asshole you are, stop talking.

Grampa, i have alot of respect for you. Taking full responsibility for your own actions,which this society is trained to blame others for actions one makes. Bravo. Its a show of real charactor.

Some peope will always claim the Police are always right. These people just can't be reasoned with. They've been propagandized on Big Brother teachings for so long, they just don't know any better. Most Germans in Nazi Germany always claimed the Gestapo was always right too. Unfortunately, most Americans have this sad mentality. And now the Police State continues growing wildly out of control. It's very sad.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]JOE: Ask the cop on the corner...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]DC: Ask the cop in the grocery store...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]JOE: Ask the cop in the woodpile...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]DC: Ask the cop on the rooftop...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]JOE: Ask that cop that's knockin' at your back door...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]SOUND: Knocking.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]DC: Ask him![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]BABE: Mr. Policeman? What makes America great?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]JOE & EDDIE [Singing]:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]"It's candied apples and ponies with dapples,
    You can ride all day.
    It's girls with pimples and cripples with dimples
    That just won't go away!
    It's spicks and wops and ******* and kikes
    With noses as long as your arm!
    It's micks and chinks and gooks and geeks
    And honkies (Honk! Honk!) who never left the farm
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]DC: That's America, buddy! just remember-Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain, he died in Washington, D. C.![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]- Firesign Theater
[/FONT]
:lol:

No I wasn't, nor have I ever sported wife beaters.

Yes the music was loud. I just closed a 42 grand labor job and was celebrating with my partner. Jobs like that are rare this time of year, especially in this economy. That's 2 in 2 months.......I was in a good mood.

As far as the person that said I should keep such personal stiff to myself.

Your right, but o don't care. I'm me, and I'm not ashamed of who I am. I come from a poor background and I think I've done well for myself. I've mentioned several times that I'm proof that big govt isn't needed and I still believe that.

I'm me. I'm honest and if others don't like it........ Fuckem.

Several things here..........first, what time was it when you were playing the music, as a lot of cities have a quiet time after a certain hour.

Second, you should realize that since you've been ticketed already several times, if you are a habitual offender (which you are) they generally pull in lots of cops.

And third........when they showed up at your door, you should have immediately said hold on, let me turn down the music BEFORE they walked into your house.

And lastly..........don't mouth off to the cops when you've been drinking, and I'd be willing to bet that you were buzzed, because you said yourself that you were celebrating.

Normally, the officers will ask you to turn it down.

Not complying may cause them to arrest you. Even so, most people will turn it down out of respect to the neighbors and officers. Did you?

New Mexico driver arrested and forgotten in jail for two years — RT

google

you could probably learn how to use it, even though the quote function continues to baffle you.

That’s a news report, cite the case (legal proceeding) where a court upheld the detention as lawful.

But now your memory is clear?

My brother did open the door and I promptly attempted to close it.

Why? What prompted him to open the door in the first place?

Did the police knock and identify themselves as law enforcement?

At that point they all came in without asking.

Again, why?

Neither act authorizes any such thing.

The Police are abusing the 'Interfering with an Investigation' statute as well as 'Probable Cause' statutes. They're using those statutes to violate Citizens' rights on a daily basis. After all, they can claim anyone is 'interfering with an investigation' for merely opening their mouths. The statute is just too vague and allows the Police too much power.

Also, suspecting someone of committing a crime or 'probable cause' is incredibly vague and allows the Police way too much leeway. The Police are just abusing their power these days. They're becoming more & more Militarized each day. The scales of justice are no longer balanced. The Police just have too much power now. The Gestapo really is here folks. So don't kid yourselves. Now what are you gonna do about it?

A police officer makes an arrest, his superior approves the arrest and the alleged offender is either detained or released on a promise to appear. Next the matter goes to the prosecutors office where a filing charge is considered and if a complaint or information is filed the matter goes to court. At the end a judge or jury decides on the truth of the allegation and the judge decides on the punishment, fine, jail, probation or all of the above.

There are checks at each preliminary stage of the matter, policies and procedures are followed by the officer and if the alleged offender believes they were treated unfairly there are ways to have the officers conduct examined by a civilian review board.

That's what you're led to believe anyway. Those days are long gone. The Police have limitless powers now. It's a new America. Because after all, '9/11 changed everything.' Enjoy.

You're an idiot. I spent 32 years as a LEO (law enforcement officer), as a deputy, supervisor and manager. For several years I headed our internal affairs division and we investigated every complaint from every citizen - even idiots like you.

Quick point of fact, officers do not need a warrant to enter if they have probable cause to enter.

Beyond that, this has been by far the most entertaining and enlightening thread I have ever seen on this board. Thank you all for participating.

Last edited:
Quick point of fact, officers do not need a warrant to enter if they have probable cause to enter.
Or absent probable cause, exigent circumstances, such as to prevent physical harm to the officers or other persons or an attempt to impede a lawful investigation.

Gramps’ brother sliding a door on an officer’s foot would fit the bill.

Beyond that, this has been by far the most entertaining and enlightening post I have ever seen on this board. Thank you all for participating.
True.

Forum List

Back