I Will Miss the Arctic Ice

Extremely challenging ice conditions in the Northwest Passage are disrupting high-yielding expedition voyages for two expedition cruise operators.

Ponant announced that due to the ice conditions, as well as a poor weather outlook, it is currently unable to sail through the Northwest Passage. Two ships, Le Boreal and Le Soleal, are altering their routes and will continue their expedition voyages to Kangerlussuaq (Greenland), which they will reach on September 10 and 18, respectively.

Hurtigruten is in a similar situation with the Fram.

“This year’s ice conditions in the area are proving to be quite different from previous years; the current conditions in the Victoria and James Ross Straits are such that unfortunately, no ordinary ship can sail through the area,” the company said, in a prepared statement.
Arctic Northwest Passage: Ice Conditions in Arctic Northwest Passage Disrupt Cruise Ship Voyages

Paging Al Gore to the white courtesy phone.

Charctic Interactive Sea Ice Graph | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis

"But...but......global cooling is global warming..." :102:
There it is, as long as things are changing they've got it covered. Because as we know, until recently our global climate has been totally unchanging and stable.

I'm still waitin' for that big hole to open up in the ozone layer and toast everyone. I stocked up on a 55 gallon drum of SPF 10,000 sunscreen back in the 80's.

I hope it hasn't turned rancid.

I guess in your rush to show your ignorance you forgot a little thing called the Montreal Protocol. The Montreal Protocol was an international treaty that phased out cfc and other ozone depletion gases and thus halted ozone depletion. It has been wildly successful.

It was a framework that could be emulated for greenhouse gases except we live in a different time where ignorance rules. See above.

Ignorance does rule s0n.....its called WINNING!! A beautiful thing.....but not for climate crusaders.:113:

For the second time in two years, it looks as if an Atlantic hurricane will stall just inland, and cause major damage from as much as 30" to 40" inches of rain. And that is related directly to the decline of ice in the Arctic.

Aha, when ice melts it`s warming the water and spawns hurricanes. Interesting physics at work here!
Drop ice cubes in a drink to "increase heat content"

I kid you not, about a year ago I installed google earth on my PC. When I started the program it showed the Earth like how it would look from space except there was no polar ice cap. Tell me these liberal lying bastards aren't pushing an agenda!

Extremely challenging ice conditions in the Northwest Passage are disrupting high-yielding expedition voyages for two expedition cruise operators.

Ponant announced that due to the ice conditions, as well as a poor weather outlook, it is currently unable to sail through the Northwest Passage. Two ships, Le Boreal and Le Soleal, are altering their routes and will continue their expedition voyages to Kangerlussuaq (Greenland), which they will reach on September 10 and 18, respectively.

“This year’s ice conditions in the area are proving to be quite different from previous years; the current conditions in the Victoria and James Ross Straits are such that unfortunately, no ordinary ship can sail through the area,” the company said, in a prepared statement.
Arctic Northwest Passage: Ice Conditions in Arctic Northwest Passage Disrupt Cruise Ship Voyages

There it is, as long as things are changing they've got it covered. Because as we know, until recently our global climate has been totally unchanging and stable.

I'm still waitin' for that big hole to open up in the ozone layer and toast everyone. I stocked up on a 55 gallon drum of SPF 10,000 sunscreen back in the 80's.

I guess in your rush to show your ignorance you forgot a little thing called the Montreal Protocol. The Montreal Protocol was an international treaty that phased out cfc and other ozone depletion gases and thus halted ozone depletion. It has been wildly successful.

It was a framework that could be emulated for greenhouse gases except we live in a different time where ignorance rules. See above.
The Montreal Protocol was an international treaty that phased out cfc and other ozone depletion gases and thus halted ozone depletion. It has been wildly successful.
If it was so wildly successful aside from banning CFCs then why do we have UV indexes higher than before the Montreal Protocol?

I kid you not, about a year ago I installed google earth on my PC. When I started the program it showed the Earth like how it would look from space except there was no polar ice cap. Tell me these liberal lying bastards aren't pushing an agenda!
The polar ice cap is big and white which is a direct violation of Google`s "anti Nazi" policy.

Ignorance does rule s0n.....its called WINNING!! A beautiful thing.....but not for climate crusaders.:113:

Yes thank you for reminding us that "Ignorance is Strength" is the new conservative motto.

There were LOW Ozone levels in the 1950's too, there were negligible CFC's in use then, so how do you explain low O3 levels back then?

Yes thank you for reminding us that "Ignorance is Strength" is the new conservative motto.
Do you trolls ever sing a different song?

I have peer reviewed this post and found it to be 100% accurate

Can anyone figure out what Frank is weeping about in his OP? I think he's mostly just butthurt again, and he felt a need to weep.

One small craft, the S/V Thor, did make it through the NW passage. They spent 22 days creeping around the ice maze in the Queen Maud Gulf, but they made it. Hence, the NW passage was open for small craft -- it only takes one success to demonstrate that. So, technically, a big fail by deniers there.

In the bigger picture, also a big fail by deniers. It takes a special breed of stupid to declare sea ice levels aren't declining because of a local weather event in the Canadian Arctic, which saw a cool summer. Our 'tard brigades here didn't disappoint.

It is impressive, the unbroken record of denier failure on every topic for decades running. There's a reason for that. Their political cult encourages them to be stupid, to fit in with the other cultists. Thus, they devote their intelligence towards being as stupid as possible, and they succeed. Mission accomplished, deniers. You won't be cast out of your cult for thinking rationally.

Can anyone figure out what Frank is weeping about in his OP? I think he's mostly just butthurt again, and he felt a need to weep.

One small craft, the S/V Thor, did make it through the NW passage. They spent 22 days creeping around the ice maze in the Queen Maud Gulf, but they made it. Hence, the NW passage was open for small craft -- it only takes one success to demonstrate that. So, technically, a big fail by deniers there.

In the bigger picture, also a big fail by deniers. It takes a special breed of stupid to declare sea ice levels aren't declining because of a local weather event in the Canadian Arctic, which saw a cool summer. Our 'tard brigades here didn't disappoint.

It is impressive, the unbroken record of denier failure on every topic for decades running. There's a reason for that. Their political cult encourages them to be stupid, to fit in with the other cultists. Thus, they devote their intelligence towards being as stupid as possible, and they succeed. Mission accomplished, deniers. You won't be cast out of your cult for thinking rationally.
Is that why the arctic ice is so much larger than it was in 2012, it’s melting?

scientist, they discover the ice actually melts and freezes. they give us a minute to minute update, and act as if that is climate change? if the human race lasts a million years then we will have a big enough slice of time to see if our climate has changed or if it was simply an average variation. Moron demorats report the weather and think they see the climate. demorats are so dumb that if they are scientists their work gives nothing useful to society.

You FUCKING idiot. Get your head out of your ass and THINK!!!

BPIOMASIceVolumeAnomalyCurrentV2.1.png

It looks like 2018 will be the 8th-lowest season for Arctic sea ice.

That happened with conditions not being favorable for melt. Cloudy and cool, zero ice export through the Fram strait, but it still melted big. Higher ocean temperatures alone are causing major melt now, and that's only going to get worse.

In sort of good news, the IceSat-2 satellite was successfully launched yesterday, and it will be online in a few months. Millimeter-level accuracy there, for both sea ice and ice sheets on land, so a lot of the denier "but we can't be certain!" arguments will collapse. (To be replaced with "all the data is faked!" arguments, no doubt.)

For the second time in two years, it looks as if an Atlantic hurricane will stall just inland, and cause major damage from as much as 30" to 40" inches of rain. And that is related directly to the decline of ice in the Arctic.

Old Rocks says it’s abnormal for a hurricane to hit the Carolinas in September. :lmao:

No, you stupid ass, it is abnormal to have two hurricanes stall like that in two years. God damn, you are one dumb fuck.

Aha, when ice melts it`s warming the water and spawns hurricanes. Interesting physics at work here!
Drop ice cubes in a drink to "increase heat content"

What dumbfuckery. Here is the anomaly of heat in our oceans at present. Note that the water along the east coast is very warm, while the water around Greenland is colder than normal.

gfs_nh-sat1_sstanom_1-day.png

Also note the water around the Arctic Sea Ice warmer than normal. Particularly north of Alaska and Russia. Polar, you are engaged in lying again.

You dumb fuck, they show the ocean bottom topography instead. God, I cannot get over how damned stupid people like you are. You want a map of the Arctic Ice? Just put arctic ice on google, and go to this site.
Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

There were LOW Ozone levels in the 1950's too, there were negligible CFC's in use then, so how do you explain low O3 levels back then?
On your say so, we are to believe that? Link.

You dumb fuck, they show the ocean bottom topography instead. God, I cannot get over how damned stupid people like you are. You want a map of the Arctic Ice? Just put arctic ice on google, and go to this site.
Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag
Then why in the same instance did google show the antarctic ice? This will be good!

Forum List

Back