Idiot goes hiking in bear country during cub season unarmed

American kids have most likely been raised by the idiotic theory promoted by idiots who never even saw a bear that "they won't hurt you if they know you mean them no harm". It a shame they had to kill an endangered griz because a hiker didn't understand the rules.

Well they have to protect stupid people from themselves and the bears will pay the penalty.

This guy, according to the article, was an experienced hiker. Guess not.

Who goes into bear country unarmed??

You can't cure stupid but it can be eaten.

Could it be because "“There’s not a lot of evidence to show that it is necessarily a learned behavior, but it can be. We know they are creatures of habit and that bears get habituated pretty quickly when they learn something is a food source.”"? (from your link)

It's only been recently that people could arm themselves in national parks (God bless the GOP!)

The assumption that this guy invited a bear attack is brainless speculation. Let's review the facts:

1) A bear kills a man

2) The bear must be killed because once bears attack humans, they will do so again.

3)The cubs are euthanized in lieu of starving or being torn apart by wild animals. They can't be raised by humans because then they'll be too familiar with people.

Bears are shy animals that rarely attack people, but when they do, they must be killed. Talking to a thread full of idiots, this is how it is in Realville.

Well anyone going anywhere where there are bears and walks around is an idiot. Especially in a place where you can't carry a gun. LIke a national park.

Bears will kill people its a known fact.

If your so stupid that you hike in a place where bears are known to be then who's the idiot?? You are. That's who.

You can't cure stupid.

It's only been recently that people could arm themselves in national parks (God bless the GOP!)

The assumption that this guy invited a bear attack is brainless speculation. Let's review the facts:

1) A bear kills a man

2) The bear must be killed because once bears attack humans, they will do so again.

3)The cubs are euthanized in lieu of starving or being torn apart by wild animals. They can't be raised by humans because then they'll be too familiar with people.

Bears are shy animals that rarely attack people, but when they do, they must be killed. Talking to a thread full of idiots, this is how it is in Realville.
"It's only been recently that people could arm themselves in national parks (God bless the GOP!)

In making that comparison, CSM pointed out Obama has only ever signed laws expanding gun owners' rights.

One of those pro-gun laws took effect in February 2010 and allows people to carry loaded firearms into the Grand Canyon and other national parks, according to the AP.

Gun Laws Obama Has Signed - Business Insider

The hiker was past President of his local chapter of "The Young Democrat Party'.
That should pretty much explain why he was such an idiot.

I never understood why they kill off wild animals that attack or kill humans. They do that shit do animals in zoos too.
What proof do we have that once a wild animals attacks a human one time, that it will go out of its way to kill another human? Usually animals only attack humans when its the human intruding in their space.

I never understood why they kill off wild animals that attack or kill humans. They do that shit do animals in zoos too.
What proof do we have that once a wild animals attacks a human one time, that it will go out of its way to kill another human? Usually animals only attack humans when its the human intruding in their space.
I dunno, why don't you go hang out with this particular bear and put the theory to the test. Don't forget to let us know the results!

I dunno, why don't you go hang out with this particular bear and put the theory to the test. Don't forget to let us know the results!

it is an interesting topic------discussed in the bible-----wherein the law is that if an animal attacks a human once-----it is an accident.----if THE SAME ANIMAL attacks a human being again ---the owner or keeper of
the animal is guilty of a serious crime---------sheeeeesh------BEARS.
I have a cookbook that provides a detailed recipe for BEAR----starting
from the beginning. The concept that one must INTRUDE on a bear
to get attacked is probably true-----but they tend to not live behind white pickett fences marked "MR BEAR LIVES HERE"-----(for the record---I have never cooked or eaten bear)

The fact that it seems that this bear ate the hiker would add validity to the danger.

I always find it interesting when the media makes a big deal about a bear attack in the lower 48. It's like an annual "thing" up here in Alaska that someone, somewhere, is going to get attacked, mauled, or eaten by a bear heh We just had some hiker chick get mauled up pretty good a few days ago, last year, maybe two years ago a bear figured out that bikers are easy snacks, etc. This stuff's barely even news to me, and almost /always/ the fault of the person who got mauled. Wild critters aren't like speed limit signs, you don't get to just ignore them when they don't fit your lifestyle heh

When did Cecil maul and eat somebody or are you talking out your ass again???

"Cecil" spent his entire life mauling and eating other animals ya fucking weenie.

So has every person who is not a vegan, ya fucking weenie. There is a difference between a carnivore eating another animal and one eating a person. At least in most people's minds there is a difference.

No one needs a firearm in a National Park. There is not and should not be any hunting there. No one needs to protect themselves from bears in protected areas because people shouldn't go there and bother the protected animals, and if they do they do so with extreme caution and accept the risks. Asking for trouble is foolish, and, as usual, armed people only act more cocky because they have the weapon.
They should have put an amendment between the first and second specifying that common sense, civility and restraint was the standard of thinking at the time of the amendments.
Now, let the extremists swoop down on this totally reasonable comment.

So has every person who is not a vegan, ya fucking weenie. There is a difference between a carnivore eating another animal and one eating a person. At least in most people's minds there is a difference.

Ass still sore from the other day, queer? :badgrin:

Well they have to protect stupid people from themselves and the bears will pay the penalty.

This guy, according to the article, was an experienced hiker. Guess not.

Who goes into bear country unarmed??

You can't cure stupid but it can be eaten.
Having a weapon has nothing to do with it. In fact, it would only embolden the trigger-happy to go where they shouldn't, thus endangering animals that should be left alone and other people who are in the area.

Forum List

Back