If Christians are allowed to discriminate against gays ...

Should gays be allowed to discriminate against Christians?

• Seems fair to me.

• No, only religious people should be protected.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Consider who wrote it. These were ancient tribal laws from way back thousands of years ago. Read the rest of Leviticus. Read the rest of the Old Testament. There are lots of "sins" in there that specify the death penalty. Look 'em up. I guess cherry-picking is a hobby of yours.
The Bible says fudge packers should be culled from society.

I fail to see the problem?? ... :dunno:
The bible has a lot more to say about adulterers than homosexuals. Jesus specifically addressed adultery, and never said a word about gays.

And yet I don't see any bakers refusing to bake a cake for people getting married for the second, third, fourth, fifth time even though they are in total violation of the bible.

That's how you know this has NOTHING to do with bible compliancy.

It is the same tired bullshit of bigots using the bible as an excuse for their inexcusable bigotry. There is a special place in the hell they claim to believe in for those kind of hypocrites.

Jesus had a great deal to say about hypocrites, too. Probably more than any other category of people.
God said plenty about gays... He burned them to the ground.
The Bible is gibberish is not taken as a whole…

Jesus never said a word. He spoke very strongly against divorce. Have you ever seen a baker or a florist refuse to do a wedding because one of the couples was divorced? Me neither.
Lol
Jesus pro-gay?
Don’t think so...
Here’s what Jesus says about the gay lifestyle...
http://www.living-out.org/the-bible-and-ssa

...and gays have every right to discriminate against Christians.

I really can't understand why someone would want to ruin their life with a lifelong commitment to a relationship.

Not very many Gay Marriages last that long.

Lame post. If you’re going to make a statement like that, at least have the balls to back it up with a link. I think you’re wrong, and here is a link to support my claim.
Divorce & Marriage Rates for Same-Sex Couples | HuffPost
Here is a summary of what these researchers concluded:

1. Nearly 150,000 same-sex couples have either married or registered civil unions or domestic partnerships, which constitutes about one-fifth of same-sex couples in the U.S. (or rather, a fifth of those who acknowledged themselves as such in recent United States Census reports).

2. About 1% of the total number of currently-married or registered same-sex couples get divorced each year, in comparison to about 2% of the total number of married straight couples. Note that the percentage of couples that get divorced eventually is close to 50%, but only 1% or 2% of them get divorced in any particular year.

3. Couples are more likely to legally formalize their relationship when marriage is an option, as opposed to a marriage-equivalent domestic partnership or civil union registration in states where only those options are allowed.

4. Nearly two-thirds of registered or married same-sex couples are lesbians, and only about a third are gay men.

5. A smaller percentage of same-sex couples register or marry in comparison to straight couples, but if current trends continue the marriage/registration rates will be similar in about ten years.

What do these statistics tells us about what is happening with gay marriage and divorce?

"Fuck their feelings and their dignity." You know better, so don't blame me for reminding you how wrong that is. Call me what you like, it doesn't change that that is wrong. You know it.

Just because it is wrong to you does not make it wrong to anyone else. You're not the queen of the world. Although, Progressives do believe them, and only they, should rule what everyone else thinks and does.

Consider who wrote it. These were ancient tribal laws from way back thousands of years ago. Read the rest of Leviticus. Read the rest of the Old Testament. There are lots of "sins" in there that specify the death penalty. Look 'em up. I guess cherry-picking is a hobby of yours.

The bible has a lot more to say about adulterers than homosexuals. Jesus specifically addressed adultery, and never said a word about gays.

And yet I don't see any bakers refusing to bake a cake for people getting married for the second, third, fourth, fifth time even though they are in total violation of the bible.

It is the same tired bullshit of bigots using the bible as an excuse for their inexcusable bigotry. There is a special place in the hell they claim to believe in for those kind of hypocrites.

Jesus had a great deal to say about hypocrites, too. Probably more than any other category of people.

Jesus never said a word. He spoke very strongly against divorce. Have you ever seen a baker or a florist refuse to do a wedding because one of the couples was divorced? Me neither.
Lol
Jesus pro-gay?
Don’t think so...

I didn’t say he was pro gay. I said he never said a word about gays. He DID speak out quite strongly on divorce...which is how I know that these so called Christian bakers aren’t refusing to serve gays because of religion. It’s a lie (and lying is a sin)

... then gays should be allowed to discriminate against Christians.

Agree or Disagree?

Any business has a right to refuse service to anyone. Most people won't because they are trying to earn a living, but every business has that right.

So yes a gay person that owns a business has a right to refuse to service Christians. But not every Christian thinks like the baker. So I would not go overboard with labeling Christians as all having the same opinon regarding gays as the baker has..

Lol
Jesus pro-gay?
Don’t think so...

I didn’t say he was pro gay. I said he never said a word about gays. He DID speak out quite strongly on divorce...which is how I know that these so called Christian bakers aren’t refusing to serve gays because of religion. It’s a lie (and lying is a sin)
The gay lifestyle is also a sin...
The Bible and Same-Sex Attraction | Living Out

It is still a man and a woman. It's not like it was a wedding between two perverts.
Is that what Jesus said? Divorce is only okay if you're straight?
I think it's ok as long as you're not Catholic.

He refused to serve them due to their lifestyle.

No, they were not refused service due to their lifestyle. How? Did they have "Husband" and "Husband" tattooed on their foreheads? If they had simply walked in and ordered a dozen Napoleon's, there would never have been an issue.
Their lifestyle includes their marriage.
but people don't have to accommodate that.....they could have bought a cake off the shelf.....but you cant force someone to design one for you.......I cant ask a black person about a cake concerning the history of the democrat party including slaves, burning crosses, the klan, student protests, burning books, and all the rest of their crap......he can rightfully refuse the request........
Come on buckie You'd love baking a Klan cake for their birthday

wrong comrade...not a commie or a democrat...

No, they were not refused service due to their lifestyle. How? Did they have "Husband" and "Husband" tattooed on their foreheads? If they had simply walked in and ordered a dozen Napoleon's, there would never have been an issue.
Their lifestyle includes their marriage.
but people don't have to accommodate that.....they could have bought a cake off the shelf.....but you cant force someone to design one for you.......I cant ask a black person about a cake concerning the history of the democrat party including slaves, burning crosses, the klan, student protests, burning books, and all the rest of their crap......he can rightfully refuse the request........
Come on buckie You'd love baking a Klan cake for their birthday
and you'd be baking the one with the swastika right?
Macy's has a big sale on sheets Bring some for your friends

Haha says the guy who supports Dan malloy and his racist son

Who gives a damn what some guy said in the desert a few thousand years ago. Your language says a lot about you and your sexual insecurities. You "the bible says" people are a deluded bunch.

yeah and you non believers are hilarious....an atom just blew up and voila a universe.

divorce does not equal homo

second, how do you know it hasn't happened?
people sometimes won't rent to a couple that's not married

That is precisely my point! The bigots are ignoring what Jesus said about adultery. That's how you know their claims to be bible compliant are total horseshit.

Bigots have been using the bible has a hypocritical shield for centuries.
I agree. It's the most convenient way to fuck with other people.

Cuz thu bible sayuz!

At the same time, this is not a religious issue. It's a liberty issue. I cannot support government forcing bigots to serve people they hate. I will never give such bigots a dime of my money. But, I will defend their liberty just like I will defend gays.
I am also against government forcing a business to comply with simple human decency. However, by their intransigence during the civil rights era, the bigots screwed the pooch, and now here we are.

well they were Democrats, talk to them and being black is not the same as being gay...so yeah there's that as well

Lol
Jesus pro-gay?
Don’t think so...

so they wouldn't sell to Donald Trump........you would love that

Will people PLEASE stop referring to these people just as "Christians"? There are millions of Christians worldwide who definitely DO NOT support what these people are doing in the name of the Christian faith. Make them identify which sect that they are in that incites and condones the kind of disgusting anti-LGBT behavior that is going on. Their conduct is disgraceful, or should all Christians in the world be branded with this offensive conduct? Most Christians are decent people.

It is Evangelicals.

Homos have been despised for thousands of years, long before there was even such a thing as 'Jews', much less Christians. Burning witches and homos or dropping them in bogs was a fun pagan thing, nearly universal, but being stupid morons 'progressives' wouldn't know that.

you have an absolute right to choose never to buy anything that a Christian is selling (Obamcare aside (-:)

How about an absolute right to choose never to sell anything to a Christian who is buying?
That's what JC and the boys didn't get (-:

The Sup Ct held that under Colo's law a Christian baker doesn't have an absolute right to not bake a cake for a gay couple, but neither does the state have the power to order him to do so without "fairly" considering his religious beliefs in the matter. It held, that Colo's commission was "unfair." But the Sup Ct didn't offer much guidance in how this was all to be accommodated.
that isn't what they held at all. they held that the State official was mean and discriminated against the baker. Nothing about religion. that is why the scope was narrow. The lawyer stated she didn't need to go to freedom of religion.
Supreme Court rules for Colorado baker in same-sex wedding cake case - CNNPolitics

"Kennedy wrote that there is room for religious tolerance, pointing specifically to how the Colorado commission treated Phillips by downplaying his religious liberty concerns.
"At the same time the religious and philosophical objections to gay marriage are protected views and in some instances protected forms of expression," Kennedy wrote, adding that the "neutral consideration to which Phillips was entitled was compromised here."
"The commission's hostility was inconsistent with the First Amendment's guarantee that our laws be applied in a manner that is neutral toward religion," Kennedy said, adding to say that the case was narrow."
The opinion "may" mean that when a state's law creates a protected class, such as gays, and a sincere religious belief must be compromised in order to comply with the law, and there are many other providers of comparable services, then the law has to bend to allow for the religious belief.

All people are in protected classes. Read the laws sometime. All you need to have is a race, a gender, a national origin, an ethnic background, or any other unchangeable characteristic, except for religion, which is a characteristic that is a choice and that one can change. Bear in mind, though, that you have to prove that the bad thing that was done to you was done because you have this particular characteristic.

If a boss of race A fires an employee of race B, the employee has a case IF there is evidence that the boss said something like that he was "damned tired of all the B's around here," or there is evidence that the boss consistently rated the performance of B's below the A's, the employee has a case. If the employee was fired for poor performance, the employee has a problem.
No all people are not in protected classes. The baker was not protected as being part of a class

... then gays should be allowed to discriminate against Christians.

Agree or Disagree?
Christians do not discriminate against gays ! Christians discriminate against sin ! theft.....murder.....adultery.....homosexuality ect.......all people are welcome in church .

Forum List

Back