If Christians are allowed to discriminate against gays ...

Should gays be allowed to discriminate against Christians?

• Seems fair to me.

• No, only religious people should be protected.

Results are only viewable after voting.

"4. Gay people do not have a problem with Christians. They have a problem with bigots"

Then why do we see the constant attack on Christians by Gays and Gay right activists. I have yet to see an openly gay member of this board come to the defense of someone discussing these issues with someone that is religious.

While I am sure that there are gays who do attack all Christians- just as we see Christians that attack all gays- the vast majority of attacks on 'Christians' here at USMB regarding the issue of homosexuality- is not attacking Christianity- or personal faith- but attacking those who malign homosexuals, and seek to deny them equal rights.

And I will point out- the gay community would have every excuse to attack Christians across the board- as Christians in America for decades passed and tried to pass laws to actually- legally- discriminate against homosexuals.

From passing laws against homosexual sodomy, to passing laws forbidding homosexuals from teaching in public schools.

Not by any stretch of imagination has there been any such attack by the gay community in America on Christians as the Christian community has made against homosexuals.

True, but most do not agree that homosexuals are normal either.
Really? Did you take a survey? If you did, how did you define normal?

Having sex with members of your own gender as a lifestyle would certainly qualify as "not normal"

Who has sex as a lifestyle? The sex life of my wife and I really are not our 'lifestyle'- but maybe who you have sex with is your 'lifestyle'?

Gays do.

Gays do what? And again this projection that you claim to know what 'gays' do- is like me saying I know what 'Christians' do.

Is that what Jesus said? Divorce is only okay if you're straight?
I think it's ok as long as you're not Catholic.

Not according to Jesus.

I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.
Which brings us to our pervert President
Says a Clinton supporter
rusty only clinton didn't brag about it and was only married once,,,and from the looks of it trumps number 3 can't stand him either
so what?

... then gays should be allowed to discriminate against Christians.

Agree or Disagree?
This is just another thread based on the idiotic and divisive premise that it is the gays vs. Christians.

1. Not all Christians are bigots. In fact most are not

2. Many gay people are Christians

3.Many Christian denominations welcome gays and support gay rights, and will even marry them

4. Gay people do not have a problem with Christians. They have a problem with bigots

"2. Many gay people are Christians"

Maybe, but we don't know why. If it's a way to make themselves feel more accepted, then it is not for sincere reasons..

Do you really think you know why anyone is a Christian- other than yourself?

Why would you question that of a gay man any more than of anyone else?

Who said I was a Christian?

Actually great point- let me amend my post:

Do you really think you know why anyone is a Christian?

True, but most do not agree that homosexuals are normal either.

Having sex with members of your own gender as a lifestyle would certainly qualify as "not normal"

Who has sex as a lifestyle? The sex life of my wife and I really are not our 'lifestyle'- but maybe who you have sex with is your 'lifestyle'?

Gays do.

Gays do what? And again this projection that you claim to know what 'gays' do- is like me saying I know what 'Christians' do.

You asked a question to which I answered.

You sure seem confused.

Agree or Disagree?
This is just another thread based on the idiotic and divisive premise that it is the gays vs. Christians.

3.Many Christian denominations welcome gays and support gay rights, and will even marry them

4. Gay people do not have a problem with Christians. They have a problem with bigots

Maybe, but we don't know why. If it's a way to make themselves feel more accepted, then it is not for sincere reasons..

Why? Because they act in very non traditional ways, then demand they be made a part of tradition.

Another mindless question answered

Gays do.

You sure seem confused.

I just wanted to be clear on what your answer met.

So you claim that 'gays' - which would mean every homosexual- are defined by a 'lifestyle of having sex with members of the' same gender?

Why would you assume such a thing?

Gays do.

You sure seem confused.

So you claim that 'gays' - which would mean every homosexual- are defined by a 'lifestyle of having sex with members of the' same gender?

It is what defines them after all. Does this shock you?

Why? Because they act in very non traditional ways, then demand they be made a part of tradition.

And again- do you question that of every Christian who acts in a 'non-traditional' way? Or just gay Christians?

Gays do.

You sure seem confused.

why would he?

And again- do you question that of every Christian who acts in a 'non-traditional' way? Or just gay Christians?

Yes, but more so gay christians

huh?

Gays do.

You sure seem confused.

It is what defines them after all. Does this shock you?

Presuming- and yes- I admit this is a huge presumption on my part- you may be asexual- that you are heterosexual- and that you have had sex in your life- your lifestyle therefore is defined strictly by who you have sex with?

What about gays who are celibate? Those who have never had sex? Do they not have any lifestyle?

Id like to know where this discrimination exists. What you call discrimination, others call exercising their religious liberties. Christians don't hate gay people, they may not like the lifestyle, but nobody has ever proven that they hate the people themselves.

Why don't we stop trying to turn the situation into something it is not, and call it like it really is.

Yes, but more so gay christians

Because they are 'gay'.

That pretty much explains it.

Id like to know where this discrimination exists. What you call discrimination, others call exercising their religious liberties. Christians don't hate gay people, they may not like the lifestyle, but nobody has ever proven that they hate the people themselves.

Why don't we stop trying to turn the situation into something it is not, and call it like it really is.

Luckily- for various reasons- the discrimination frankly is unusual now.

a) Because of the Supreme Court, the worst of the legal discriminations passed by Christian majorities based upon Biblical teachings- were overturned.
b) In some localities, laws were passed to outlaw discrimination against gays- just as Christians themselves cannot be legally discriminated against for their religious beliefs.
c) And frankly- public opinion has dramatically changed in the last 20 years- those who would chose to discriminate are much less likely to do so.

This is all a good thing.

I disagree with the OP by the way- being against discrimination doesn't mean you should encourage other discrimination.

Agree or Disagree?

Then they aren't real Christians..

Said by every bigot who excuses his bigotry by some holy book he hasn't read.

Forum List

Back