🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If Conservatives had accomplishments, they wouldn't be so jealous of Liberals

the bottom line is this; most liberals hate bible believing Christians. That is the issue. The supposed "educated, nuanced and tolerant left" cannot stand solid, traditional core beliefs of Christians who hold to a higher authority than big gubmint.
Actually, there are lots of Christians in the Democratic Party. There are no liberals in the Republican Party. And with the GOP being 90% white, there isn't much diversity there at all.

democratic party does not support Christian principles at all.

I don't care what Hannity told you. You are just wrong.

There should be a "Liberal Appreciation Day" celebrated in this country considering what they have brought to America

Those were classic liberals, today called libertarian. And you are welcome. And if you actually do respect what we did, maybe you could develop a little tolerance for people who think differently than you do.

You said: And if you actually do respect what we did, maybe you could develop a little tolerance for people who think differently than you do

Unfortunately, Republicans don't think at all. They repeat propaganda. I can't get USMB Republicans to name a single GOP policy that has been good for the majority of Americans in the last 40 years. Can you think of one?

For Democrats, the very first piece of legislation Obama signed while in office, the Lily Ledbetter Act, was good for women, the majority of Americans. And there were lots more after that. All opposed by Republicans.

The Lilly Bedwetter act did nothing for women, it used women as a tool to expand Federal power.

And I'm not a Republican shit for brains. Republicans are useless and they suck. I'm not interested in defending W.
yes you are.....you dont agree with dean....you must be a republican.....what else can you be?....

Fuck you and the fart that blew you in, moron. Sorry I can't think of you more than liberals. A very low hurdle. But you can't clear it. You have no imagination beyond the two parties who suck system that we have. I'm disappointed. Far more than a liberal could ever make me. But you earned it. Loser.

So, in the last election, did the people you voted for have an R or a D beside their names. If it was an R, that makes you a republican.

I doubt those who feel that public education doesn't measure up to the "quality" of education that private schools provide would agree with you. If you feel it's subsidizing "the rich" then you are placing the Obama's right there with them. If public education cant measure because the system places teacher tenure and unions over students, then the parents should have the final say which school system they want for their children - private or public. After all why the fear over a little "choice and competition"? .... to use Nancy Pelosi's words

Because it is not competition. It's taking funding away from public schools to help the rich and private schools.

Public schools already don't measure up to the quality of education that private schools are able to accomplish, even with taxpayer dollars and without the threat of vouchers. Your argument
that the parents should suffer while seeing their Democrat representatives receive a better quality PRIVATE education, is not a very good one.

That is not my argument. How can the two types of schools be equally compared when the right continually fights to cut funding for public schools while private schools can set their tuition where ever they want?

My point has always addressed the double standard that openly exists with respect to education, where liberal representatives live under a different standard for choosing what is the best "choice" for their kids than those of middle class parents who they represent, an issue you have consistently avoided addressing. Parents, like their representatives, should have the ability to ALSO choose what is in the best interest of their children.

You think only liberal politicians send their kids to private school? Wow that is just nuts. We are not just talking about the few that are children of politicians, R or D. Rich people always have and always will send their kids to private schools. We're talking about all of our kids. You want to reduce the already underfunded schools to give a gift to private schools. That's just wrong.

Competition based on parents desiring to see the best "quality" of education which allows their kids every opportunity to succeed and achieve the very best is never wrong. A public school that puts teacher tenure over the quality of education that our children receive, however, is. If public school was able to perform to a high standard within a disciplined environment that allows children to learn, they wouldn't feel threatened by a little competition from parents who only seek other avenues above the lower reading and math potential that public school produces. Competition that challenges that the very best standards are maintained is never wrong. Yet that theory only works for your version of health care right? How many times will liberals prove themselves the hypocrites?

How typical of the usual liberal fanatics, to think that government must show "accomplishments".

Government is only there to protect people's rights. Basically, to protect people from being messed with unjustly by other people.

When government does its job right, nobody notices, because there is nothing much to see. You can live your life without unjust interference from others, is all. Government will seem like a very small part of your life, because it mostly stays out of your way (as long as you don't violate your neighbors' rights) and you live your life normally.

If another country attacks, then government must get much bigger, taking a large part of the GDP, to fight them off and defeat them. Then its "accomplishments" become noticeable. When the enemy is defeated, then govt must shrink back down, relinquish its power, and fade into the background (mostly) again. At least, a good government will.

Liberals see government differently, of course. Government must become a major part of everyone's lives (whether they like it or not), doling out money for health care, nice workplaces, retirement funds, and even regulating what light bulbs you can buy and how much water your toilet uses. And a host of other things.

To liberals, government must show more and more "accomplishments" all the time. To conservatives, that's what it must NOT do, except in dire emergencies it is empowered to deal with.

So it's not surprising that the hate-filled liberals on this board, try to condemn conservatives for not "showing enough accomplishments".

Liberals think that's a condemnation. But in fact, it's a compliment. The less government is seen, the better it is. Except in grave emergencies, of course (wars etc.) that it is supposed to deal with. But in general, a government that shows few "accomplishments" (or none in peacetime) is a government that's doing its job right. Whether liberals approve or not.

:clap::clap::clap: Great post !! Unfortunately there is too much government power dictating over the lives of others.

Those were classic liberals, today called libertarian. And you are welcome. And if you actually do respect what we did, maybe you could develop a little tolerance for people who think differently than you do.

You said: And if you actually do respect what we did, maybe you could develop a little tolerance for people who think differently than you do

Unfortunately, Republicans don't think at all. They repeat propaganda. I can't get USMB Republicans to name a single GOP policy that has been good for the majority of Americans in the last 40 years. Can you think of one?

For Democrats, the very first piece of legislation Obama signed while in office, the Lily Ledbetter Act, was good for women, the majority of Americans. And there were lots more after that. All opposed by Republicans.

The Lilly Bedwetter act did nothing for women, it used women as a tool to expand Federal power.

And I'm not a Republican shit for brains. Republicans are useless and they suck. I'm not interested in defending W.
yes you are.....you dont agree with dean....you must be a republican.....what else can you be?....

Fuck you and the fart that blew you in, moron. Sorry I can't think of you more than liberals. A very low hurdle. But you can't clear it. You have no imagination beyond the two parties who suck system that we have. I'm disappointed. Far more than a liberal could ever make me. But you earned it. Loser.

So, in the last election, did the people you voted for have an R or a D beside their names. If it was an R, that makes you a republican.
Many Republicans became so ashamed of their party, they bolted from it. Hysterically, while they're quick to point out they're not "Republican" because they're no longer "registered Republicans," they still vote almost entirely, if not entirely, Republican. Effectively, other than giving up their registration, there's no difference for many of them.

Not necessarily, I had voted for Clinton when he initially ran for President. It should be based on qualifications, and if you can successfully defend your ideas over throwing out just typical stereotype attack ads. It should not be based on party alone, or even if it's an opportunity to make history. Our country has been divided by ideology and government promises in hopes to bribe a vote, more than offering an exchange of "ideas" that can provide hope and tools to help individuals succeed in their careers .... as well as the potential to build and grow their own business, to earn and provide a better life for their kids.

There should be a "Liberal Appreciation Day" celebrated in this country considering what they have brought to America

are you talking to me?.....

Because it is not competition. It's taking funding away from public schools to help the rich and private schools.

Public schools already don't measure up to the quality of education that private schools are able to accomplish, even with taxpayer dollars and without the threat of vouchers. Your argument
that the parents should suffer while seeing their Democrat representatives receive a better quality PRIVATE education, is not a very good one.

That is not my argument. How can the two types of schools be equally compared when the right continually fights to cut funding for public schools while private schools can set their tuition where ever they want?

My point has always addressed the double standard that openly exists with respect to education, where liberal representatives live under a different standard for choosing what is the best "choice" for their kids than those of middle class parents who they represent, an issue you have consistently avoided addressing. Parents, like their representatives, should have the ability to ALSO choose what is in the best interest of their children.

You think only liberal politicians send their kids to private school? Wow that is just nuts. We are not just talking about the few that are children of politicians, R or D. Rich people always have and always will send their kids to private schools. We're talking about all of our kids. You want to reduce the already underfunded schools to give a gift to private schools. That's just wrong.

Competition based on parents desiring to see the best "quality" of education which allows their kids every opportunity to succeed and achieve the very best is never wrong. A public school that puts teacher tenure over the quality of education that our children receive, however, is. If public school was able to perform to a high standard within a disciplined environment that allows children to learn, they wouldn't feel threatened by a little competition from parents who only seek other avenues above the lower reading and math potential that public school produces. Competition that challenges that the very best standards are maintained is never wrong. Yet that theory only works for your version of health care right? How many times will liberals prove themselves the hypocrites?

Again, it's not competition. It's taking public money for education and giving it to private schools. Where is the competition?

Not necessarily, I had voted for Clinton when he initially ran for President. It should be based on qualifications, and if you can successfully defend your ideas over throwing out just typical stereotype attack ads. It should not be based on party alone, or even if it's an opportunity to make history. Our country has been divided by ideology and government promises in hopes to bribe a vote, more than offering an exchange of "ideas" that can provide hope and tools to help individuals succeed in their careers .... as well as the potential to build and grow their own business, to earn and provide a better life for their kids.

Again I ask

[QUOTE="BULLDOG, post: 10471847, member: 49372.[/QUOTE]
So, in the last election, did the people you voted for have an R or a D beside their names. If it was an R, that makes you a republican.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to agree with me. But you should agree with facts.

This is out of the Texas State GOP party platform which I've linked to several times:

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

So which is more important? That children learn to think for themselves or the FEAR of children thinking for themselves which might lead to challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority?

Fixed beliefs? What is that? Magical creation?

And Heaven forbid if children find out that mom and dad aren't always right.

Harry said: are you talking to me?.....

If that's what you believe.

Bookcover2.jpg

You don't have to agree with me. But you should agree with facts.
as i have said before dean.....any fact you post is ruined when you begin your "republicans are responsible for every negative thing that happens" monolog.....then it becomes about you and your spin.....the subject matter becomes lost....

Harry said: are you talking to me?.....

If that's what you believe.

Bookcover2.jpg
hey thanks....i was going to recommend this one to you....

This is out of the Texas State GOP party platform which I've linked to several times:

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

So which is more important? That children learn to think for themselves or the FEAR of children thinking for themselves which might lead to challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority?

Are you suggesting that this is the private school that the Obamas sent their kids to? Wake up Dean.

Now Bulldog continually believes parents, like Michelle and Barrack Obama, are supporting the rich more than making a choice for what's best in educating their girls. Why is it the middle class they represent are not given those same opportunities? Rather than being empathetic to the struggles of the middle class, you are telling me he is just supporting the rich. Well that would definitely speak volumes to how their chosen lifestyle doesn't really line up with the rhetoric they preach. I mean this President saw fit to choose to mingle among the lifestyles of the upper class at Martha's Vineyard on vacation, over traveling down to the gulf states and help with those "middle class" families and small businesses struggling from a devastating oil spill. Perhaps you are finally opening your eyes there Bulldog.

Are you suggesting that this is the private school that the Obamas sent their kids to? Wake up Dean.

Now Bulldog continually believes parents, like Michelle and Barrack Obama, are supporting the rich more than making a choice for what's best in educating their girls. Why is it the middle class they represent are not given those same opportunities? Rather than being empathetic to the struggles of the middle class, you are telling me he is just supporting the rich. Well that would definitely speak volumes to how their chosen lifestyle doesn't really line up with the rhetoric they preach. I mean this President saw fit to choose to mingle among the lifestyles of the upper class at Martha's Vineyard on vacation, over traveling down to the gulf states and help with those "middle class" families and small businesses struggling from a devastating oil spill. Perhaps you are finally opening your eyes there Bulldog.
Republicans blocked the Obama administration from investigating BP after the oil spill.

Google

If liberals actually had any accomplishments they wouldn't want to take credit for shit they had nothing to do with.

You didn't build that

Your right wing lies are expected, but stop lying about what I said. Nothing in any of my posts even remotely resembles what you portray. I don't have a problem with anybody sending their kids to private school whether that is Obama or Boner. I just expect them to pay for it themselves. Taking money from public schools to subsidize private schools is just wrong.

[

Your right wing lies are expected, but stop lying about what I said. Nothing in any of my posts even remotely resembles what you portray.

[

You have also stated any funding towards private schools "helps the rich". So there is nothing untrue in what I have said. That has been your view with respect to people who choose to put their kids through private schools.

I on the other hand, believe every parent should have an equal opportunity to choose the best education for their kids and have it available to them. If public school doesn't live up to educational standards, the parent should ALSO choose what is best for them. I believe that is what the Obamas really would like for their kids, and the middle class parent should be allowed the same.

Last edited:

Many Republicans became so ashamed of their party, they bolted from it. Hysterically, while they're quick to point out they're not "Republican" because they're no longer "registered Republicans," they still vote almost entirely, if not entirely, Republican. Effectively, other than giving up their registration, there's no difference for many of them.

no, I think youre speaking of the democrats.. I mean progressives.

Forum List

Back