CDZ If cops must wear cameras for their behavior, should teachers also have cameras in the classroom?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This article brought this idea up.....

I think you either make teachers wear a camera that broadcasts live each day or put one in their classroom that parents can punch up on their computers and phones......

As they tell the cops...this will keep teachers safe, and make the students behave better......

I think it's a great idea.

But for different reasons.

It should be to monitor teachers brainwashing kids/students/the youth.

Too many of them in the USA and the UK seem to have carte blanch to import their politics and conspiracy theories on our children from positions of trust.

They need to start being held to account.

The problem is, who holds them to account? in the USA they're brainwashing kids to Biden's ideals so he's not going to correct them and likewise in the UK where in Scotland we have the SNP who are similar to Biden in that they are hard-progressive leftist nutjobs and the wider-UK in general the Conservatives who believe in all the correct things, say the right things but have nothing in the way of balls and backbone when it comes to dealing with issues like that. They're terrified.

Parents have successfully sued school districts for the right to allow students to record their teachers....only to be held up in court by swampy judges....where is the ACLU when they could actually do some good....

Too many of them in the USA and the UK seem to have carte blanch to import their politics and conspiracy theories on our children from positions of trust.

The problem is, who holds them to account? in the USA they're brainwashing kids to Biden's ideals so he's not going to correct them and likewise in the UK where in Scotland we have the SNP who are similar to Biden in that they are hard-progressive leftist nutjobs and the wider-UK in general the Conservatives who believe in all the correct things, say the right things but have nothing in the way of balls and backbone when it comes to dealing with issues like that. They're terrified.

Yep....my main reason for doing it.....

I think you either make teachers wear a camera that broadcasts live each day or put one in their classroom that parents can punch up on their computers and phones......

As they tell the cops...this will keep teachers safe, and make the students behave better......

Ibelieve some schools might already do this. Seems to me this was part of the evidence they talked about in a case where two missing kids were found dead and the mother jetted off to Hawaii. She kept logging into one of her kid's class cams after they went missing.

Not all teachers, or even schools, lean to the left.

Years ago went to my oldest son's welcoming meeting at the local middle school, it was in the evening, parents invited. From the moment I walked in, it was practically a Republican campaign event. At the end the principal gave a speech, and I kid you not, he must have touched on every single talking point. It was as if he had gotten the FOX news morning memo. I looked over at my three sons and said, "This is going to be fun".

Years ago went to my oldest son's welcoming meeting at the local middle school, it was in the evening, parents invited. From the moment I walked in, it was practically a Republican campaign event. At the end the principal gave a speech, and I kid you not, he must have touched on every single talking point. It was as if he had gotten the FOX news morning memo. I looked over at my three sons and said, "This is going to be fun".
I never said they all did.

Too many of them do, though.

There are cameras all over most schools. To put cameras in every classroom would mean getting a waiver agreeing to be filmed by every student's family. A great many would not agree. A great many.

You'd make a lot of lawyers rich though.

The family of any of my students (or anyone else in the community) is more than welcome in my classroom any time. Unannounced. Most teachers I know feel the same. It's a public school after all. During parent-teacher conferences I show the students families my curriculum for the year and go over each part in as much detail as they like. I translate my curricula into several different languages to accommodate different families. No secrets, no 'brainwashing,' no outrage.

I never said they all did.

Too many of them do, though.
Location, location, location. I live right smack in the middle of North Carolina's tenth Congressional district. In a rural area. To further define it, in the Fred T Foard school district. Howard Stern called that High School out, the most redneck in the country, and they are proud of it. Pop used to call his father a yellow dog democrat, that means he would vote for a yellow dog if the dog ran as a democrat. Well the republicans here are yellow dog, this district went for Trump more than two to one. I am surrounded by Trumpbots, although I am pretty sure none of them were stupid enough to be involved in the January 6 riot.

I'd call that an outlier to say the least.

It's not good when either "side" pushes themselves onto students. We just see probably 95% of the examples being left-wing examples today.

There are cameras all over most schools. To put cameras in every classroom would mean getting a waiver agreeing to be filmed by every student's family. A great many would not agree. A great many.

The family of any of my students (or anyone else in the community) is more than welcome in my classroom any time. Unannounced. Most teachers I know feel the same. It's a public school after all. During parent-teacher conferences I show the students families my curriculum for the year and go over each part in as much detail as they like. I translate my curricula into several different languages to accommodate different families. No secrets, no 'brainwashing,' no outrage.
Nope...put cameras on all teachers and let the parent watch and listen. This way when teachers goof off-----the parents know. This way when the teachers abuse---the parents know. This when teachers indoctrinate---the parents also know. This when teachers miss days upon days of school---parents know. I love the ideal of watching teachers every move......

Nope...put cameras on all teachers and let the parent watch and listen. This way when teachers goof off-----the parents know. This way when the teachers abuse---the parents know. This when teachers indoctrinate---the parents also know. This when teachers miss days upon days of school---parents know. I love the ideal of watching teachers every move......
Did you read my post?

1623823482838.png

Unless it's a private school it's public property. Therefore wearing a camera in a public school shouldn't make any more difference than being outside in a public area. Unless you're now saying that all the police officers shouldn't be wearing cameras until they get waivers from any bystander that happens to be in the range of their cameras.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Forum List

Back