If God doesn't exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thy words fall upon deaf ears.
It always happens. The question about God's existence should not be the subject of dispute.
God exist to those who believe in a Creator as a Supreme Being and God doesn't exist for those who believe that they do not believe, what actually is a belief what acknowledges God in a negative sense.

Double talk. Nonsense.

No creator means just that.

Why not? What about if some people are real and others are only tattoos tattooed on their tattoos - or thoughts thought from their thoughts?

More silliness. What do you imagine the world, our planet, would be like if there were no human beings? Would your god be wasted on chimpanzees or dinosaurs?

images

...and science holds the answer to all questions....

Then what kick started the universe?

After all we wouldn't want to violate one of Newton's three laws now would we?

If the scientific answer at this time is we don't know...

Then doesn't that mean a miracle occurred?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:D

Obviously something happened. Defining that "something" as a miracle is childish.

Look at it this way. If a balloon is steadily given a flow of air eventually it will burst. Is it a miracle that the balloon explodes?

It is my best guess that the matter in the form of the electrons etc with all the spaces removed reached a point of tipping past equilibrium it exploded and formed our universe. I believe that in the distant past before our universe was formed the universe was gobbled up by a giant black hole resulting in a ball consisting of matter minus the distances between it's building materials. Eventually the hole ran out of material to gobble and the former universe ceased to exist. Then something tipped the balance. I suspect the black hole is what triggered the new universe when it in it's last snack ate it's self leaving nothing to hold the ball of matter. No miracle..just bad digestion.

images

I don't see anything here to give your 'belief' any more validation than mine.

Where's your evidence and proof?

All I see here is another scientific creation theology, with no evidence or proof to confirm it deserves merit, conceived by man (or woman) to comfort the minds of the unknowing and unknowledgeable.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Of course you don't see any difference. You filter your the information regarding how the universe came to be through your concept and understanding of the bible. That process any scientific sense.varies from denial to just pure faith....meaning that which you do not understand you take the scripture's viewpoint even if it does not make any scientific sense. The more a scientific argument centers on basic ideas such as the Big Bang the more apt you are to defer to a biblical passage or "witness".

It is unlikely you are capable of thinking freely about matters such as "how the universe came into being" without comparing these ideas to and deferring to the bible references.

Religists are to me similar any group of people that have acquired a strong prejudice which makes it impossible to think openly about some subjects.

For instance try talking to many blacks about racism and say the word "ni**er". They feel so strongly about that word that their brain completely shuts down and the discussion is over.

The same thing happens when the basic fundamentals of christianity are challenged.

The human brain is only capable of just so much anyway. Trying to visualize the big bang even without poisoning the concept with made up images of some humanoid creature lurking nearby orchestrating the whole event is just too much silliness mixed in with a cold scientific visualization.

If someone has invested a substantial portion of their life sincerely believing that there is an actual god that has created everything the shock associated with finding out that there actually is no such being would be too much and drive many christians over the edge to mental breakdowns.

In short ..you do not want to know that there is no god and there never was a god. Your mind will not allow that idea to sink in no matter how much proof I were to provide.

I remember for a couple days after deciding for good that there is no God I was a little uncomfortable and felt a little guilty and sad.

If there was a God and he wanted me to believe he would have given me a sign. He didn't. He did what he always does. Absolutely nothing.

Imagine the shock to someone who absolutely believed word for word in the bible and did so for an entire lifetime. The sadness and sense of abandon would be completely overwhelming.

I observe the creator and his/her wonderful works every day.
Androgynous.

God is our mother. God is our father. God is not our androgynous. Every human being is his child - also androgyn human beings. To be a child of god is completly independent from anythgin else than his love. I would say the best form to use is "he" and "father" - because a mother bears her children and we don't see god bear children. So it's more easy to use the word "father" but we could also say "mother " to him.

Last edited:
... The fact is we don't know. ...

You don't know god is not existing?

So unwilling it is. Every time you post a video to me I say fuck your God in the ass.

So by posting a video you are asking me to say fuck your God in the ass.

Go ahead, post another video. I know you like hearing fuck your God in the ass

What about íf I would be an ET with a big red button? Or more worse: I could be an ancient germanic warrior with a tomahawk drone. So what about an answer? Do you say normally "There is no god" or do you say normally "I don't believe in [the existance of] god".

There is no way to "know 'God'" other than by unique, personal, intimate knowledge. And that is indistinguishable from hallucination.

It always happens. The question about God's existence should not be the subject of dispute.
God exist to those who believe in a Creator as a Supreme Being and God doesn't exist for those who believe that they do not believe, what actually is a belief what acknowledges God in a negative sense.

Double talk. Nonsense.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Stop posting stupid videos. No ones clicking on them.

Your allknowing gene is definetelly defect. Why not to slow down a little? When god made time he made a lot - minimum a universe full of time.

... That is such utter ignorant nonsense I don't even know where to begin. The fucking big bang blew up ...

Why? ... Would you call this for example a senseful event or a senseless event? ... Or let me ask a more concrete "why" ... Why was something in the big bang what you are now?

I won't answer any questions from people who put up random stupid videos in every reply.

Are you incapable or unwilling to stop?

And why? What does Lord of the rings or Aragorn's sleeping have to do with what we are talking about

So you don't answer my questions here because you don't find a way to understand what Aragorns sleeping song could have to do with the birth of the universe.

God doesn't exist.

And what's your reason why you chose this belief?

And science does not hold the answer to all questions. So your conditional is not satisfied.

Which of Newton's three laws does the Big Bang violate?

Specially the third law - because the big bang is not a reaction.

Government schooling.

I don't know what you like to say with this very short sentence. I prefer schools for everyone - not schools for elites.

I prefer objective and informative schooling, not indoctrination, i.e., government schooling.

I'm not sure what you are thinking about in this context. But indeed this is a real danger how Commies and others showed to everyone. On the other side I don't see how to avoid such problems with private schools [¿for elites [only]?]. I'm for example still amused about a phycisist whose child was in a school with the name of a famous Saint of the catholic church: Albertus Magnus. After two years he found out that they are praying every morning in this school. He was an atheist and became angry. I had to laugh a lot because he needed two years to find out what everyone knows. But I never understood why he became angry, because he was not ashamed to get a job from people who believed in god.

Pleeeezzzze.....stop the "elites" nonsense.

1. Factors to consider at the Church-state intersection:
    1. Many families favored the safety, discipline, and attention to character development in addition to academics, but would have to continue paying public school property taxes in addition to tuition.
    2. Teacher unions opposed any aid to schools that were not unionized.
    3. Urban parochial schools were serving a growing share of disadvantaged and frequently non-Catholic youngsters. In a study published in 1990, for example, the Rand Corporation found that, of the Catholic school students in these Catholic high schools in New York City, 75 to 90 percent were black or Hispanic.
i. Over 66 percentof the Catholic school graduates received the New York State Regents diploma to signify completion of an academically demanding college preparatory curriculum, while only about 5 percent of the public school students received this distinction;

ii. The Catholic high schools graduated 95 percent of their students each year, while the public schools graduated slightly more 50 percent of their senior class;

iii. The Catholic school students achieved an average combined SAT score of 803, while the public school students' average combined SAT score was 642;

iv. 60 percent of the Catholic school black students scored above the national average for black students on the SAT, and over 70 percent of public school black students scored below the same national average.

« More recent studies confirm these observations. Why Catholic Schools Spell Success For America's Inner-CityChildren

"Classes in Catholic parochial schools tended to be larger than in private schools in general. More than 62 percent of the Catholic parochial schools had an average class size of 25 or more, a substantially higher proportion than private schools overall (36 percent)."
Private Schools in the United States: A Statistical Profile, 1993-94 / Catholic-Parochial Schools

"Catholic schools are attractive to non-Catholics for several reasons, parents and Catholic educators say. They offer the close supervision and small classes of private schools at a fraction of the cost - often as little as $1,000 a year. Most important, along with academics, many parents say, is that Catholic schools provide discipline and instruct students in morals and values through their religious teaching." More Non-Catholic Students Trying Catholic Schools

And....my fav, home schooling.

The whole point is it's EITHER God and atheists or no God and no atheists. We know the latter is not the case in our universe. So it leaves God or the belief in God is wrong or the atheists are wrong. Only one can be right. Can we agree on that?

There are arguments for God that I can present if you want, but the above is what I thought from the OP.
Don't really know wat you mean by your statement that if theirs no god there are no atheists. Seems like a semantics question to me. I think it's simply God exists or he doesn't. Anyways if you think you can make an argument for god existing by all means, make your case. I've been making mine so I'dd like to see you make yours.
The whole point is it's EITHER God and atheists or no God and no atheists. We know the latter is not the case in our universe. So it leaves God or the belief in God is wrong or the atheists are wrong. Only one can be right. Can we agree on that?

There are arguments for God that I can present if you want, but the above is what I thought from the OP.
Don't really know wat you mean by your statement that if theirs no god there are no atheists. Seems like a semantics question to me. I think it's simply God exists or he doesn't. Anyways if you think you can make an argument for god existing by all means, make your case. I've been making mine so I'dd like to see you make yours.

It could be the opposite of people saying if there is a God, then why doesn't he prove it? I don't know. If everyone knew God existed, then there wouldn't be any atheists. He would be understood. In this life, there's God and atheists (or the belief in God and the belief in no God). That's just the way it is.

As for those looking for proof, the answer is He already did. Jesus came to Earth and died for everyone's sins. He performed miracles while he was here. He was supposedly perfect and a role model. They just made another movie about him recently called Risen.

Another argument for God goes like this from Descartes. I think, therefore I am. In other words, this life I am living is not a dream like in the matrix. If it is a dream, then I could doubt my existence. However, things happen that disprove my doubt.

So the first proof of God is based on the following:
1. After determining that I exist because I think and can doubt, I realize that I am not perfect. I make mistakes. Get angry. I do not do what I am supposed to do. On the other hand, God, this being, is perfect and all powerful.
2. I have a clear and distinct idea of a perfect being, i.e. God. He does not make mistakes. He gets angry, but doesn't get carried away. He does what he is supposed to do. We all have things in this world we marvel at in their simplicity, elegance, complexity or beauty. We think there is some being perfect as that realization.
3. So I compare myself to this being who is perfect, and I conclude I am less that Him.
4. Thus, there has to exist a perfect being from whom my innate idea of a perfect being derives. I could have doubted his existence, but I find evidence to contradict them. There is perfection.

The second proof of God goes as follows:
1. Who keeps me having faith in this perfect being's existence? If it was just me, then I would have made myself perfect.
2. Sadly, I am still not perfect.
3. My parents, are not perfect either. They have their faults, too. They could not be God or else they would have created me perfect.
4. Thus, God must exist because we all admire perfection and I, too, would like to be perfect and thus God constantly moves me towards this state.

On the other hand, atheists have doubts about perfection. While they admire it too, there has to be some physical evidence or else they do not think any being is perfect.
This is a nice philosofical post and I don't doubt that for you god is completely real. Couple of things God has gotten carried away if you believe in him, unless you believe drowning every living thing on this planet expect those creatures put on the ark is reaonable. And I do not have much of a problem with religion in itself, what I have a humongous problem with is when religion thinks it has a right to way in on scientific problems, without feeling the need then to be subjected to scientific scrutiny. And when science treads on area's where religion previously had the only answer, wich has happened numerous times in history. Religion has to bow out unless they can come up with rational, verifiable proof. Man's place in nature, earth's prominence in the universe even the question where we come from, are all things where science has come up with rational answers and then religion has to retreat.
How is this proof? "So the first proof of God is based on the following:
1. After determining that I exist because I think and can doubt, I realize that I am not perfect. I make mistakes. Get angry. I do not do what I am supposed to do. On the other hand, God, this being, is perfect and all powerful."

How do you know that god is perfect and all powerful? Did you make that up? :dunno:
How do you know that god gets angry and never makes mistakes? What about babies born with severe deformities? :dunno:
What about this load of malarkey, where's your proof? "God must exist because we all admire perfection".

You lack a real sense of deduction. Your reasoning doesn't make any sense. Hope you get a clue someday.

It's logical proof or rationalism.

Descartes based it on how humans admire perfection.

It's not I that do not have a clue. You'll understand one day.

To me, it's more who gets the last laugh.
So basically, you have nothing to back up all that malarkey. Got it. :lol:

... For instance try talking to many blacks about racism and say the word "ni**er". They feel so strongly about that word that their brain completely shuts down and the discussion is over. ...

Is this the same íf someone uses the word "negroe"?

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

Obviously something happened. Defining that "something" as a miracle is childish.

Look at it this way. If a balloon is steadily given a flow of air eventually it will burst. Is it a miracle that the balloon explodes?

It is my best guess that the matter in the form of the electrons etc with all the spaces removed reached a point of tipping past equilibrium it exploded and formed our universe. I believe that in the distant past before our universe was formed the universe was gobbled up by a giant black hole resulting in a ball consisting of matter minus the distances between it's building materials. Eventually the hole ran out of material to gobble and the former universe ceased to exist. Then something tipped the balance. I suspect the black hole is what triggered the new universe when it in it's last snack ate it's self leaving nothing to hold the ball of matter. No miracle..just bad digestion.

images

All I see here is another scientific creation theology, with no evidence or proof to confirm it deserves merit, conceived by man (or woman) to comfort the minds of the unknowing and unknowledgeable.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Excellent.

There is prominent scientific atheist, Lawrence Krauss, "... an American theoretical physicist and cosmologist...known as an advocate of thepublic understanding of science, ...and works to reduce the impact of superstition and religious dogma inpop culture. He is also the author of several bestselling books, includingThe Physics of Star Trek and A Universe from Nothing."Lawrence M. Krauss - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Krauss has said "we all, literally, emerged from quantum nothingness..."
Clearly an attempt to avoid the central question. Where are the quantum rules that imply a universe that must appear out of the void?

They have faith in total nonsense, such as Krauss' 'A Universe From Nothing"

Of course, the ancient Greek, Parmenides, was correct: nihil fit ex nihilo..."out of nothing, nothing [be]comes."

And....again, your request: "Where's your evidence and proof?

All I see here is another scientific creation theology, "

The fake science dunces are willing to accept anything...even things that obviate all of real science.

And what's your reason why you chose this belief?

Specially the third law - because the big bang is not a reaction.

Government schooling.

I don't know what you like to say with this very short sentence. I prefer schools for everyone - not schools for elites.

I prefer objective and informative schooling, not indoctrination, i.e., government schooling.

I'm not sure what you are thinking about in this context. But indeed this is a real danger how Commies and others showed to everyone. On the other side I don't see how to avoid such problems with private schools [¿for elites [only]?]. I'm for example still amused about a phycisist whose child was in a school with the name of a famous Saint of the catholic church: Albertus Magnus. After two years he found out that they are praying every morning in this school. He was an atheist and became angry. I had to laugh a lot because he needed two years to find out what everyone knows. But I never understood why he became angry, because he was not ashamed to get a job from people who believed in god.

1. Many families favored the safety, discipline, and attention to character development in addition to academics, but would have to continue paying public school property taxes in addition to tuition.
    3. Urban parochial schools were serving a growing share of disadvantaged and frequently non-Catholic youngsters. In a study published in 1990, for example, the Rand Corporation found that, of the Catholic school students in these Catholic high schools in New York City, 75 to 90 percent were black or Hispanic.
i. Over 66 percentof the Catholic school graduates received the New York State Regents diploma to signify completion of an academically demanding college preparatory curriculum, while only about 5 percent of the public school students received this distinction;

ii. The Catholic high schools graduated 95 percent of their students each year, while the public schools graduated slightly more 50 percent of their senior class;

iii. The Catholic school students achieved an average combined SAT score of 803, while the public school students' average combined SAT score was 642;

iv. 60 percent of the Catholic school black students scored above the national average for black students on the SAT, and over 70 percent of public school black students scored below the same national average.

« More recent studies confirm these observations. Why Catholic Schools Spell Success For America's Inner-CityChildren

"Classes in Catholic parochial schools tended to be larger than in private schools in general. More than 62 percent of the Catholic parochial schools had an average class size of 25 or more, a substantially higher proportion than private schools overall (36 percent)."
Private Schools in the United States: A Statistical Profile, 1993-94 / Catholic-Parochial Schools

"Catholic schools are attractive to non-Catholics for several reasons, parents and Catholic educators say. They offer the close supervision and small classes of private schools at a fraction of the cost - often as little as $1,000 a year. Most important, along with academics, many parents say, is that Catholic schools provide discipline and instruct students in morals and values through their religious teaching." More Non-Catholic Students Trying Catholic Schools

I don't doubt about the quality of catholic schools. But "home schooling" is in my view nearly a crime. Parents don't have enough knowledge and are not able to be the teachers of their own children on many other reasons too - and it's much more fun for children to go to school and to have contact to other children there.

But take Pope Benedict XVI. as an example. What was wrong with the schools he visited? He discussed even with the best atheistic philosophers and wan. I read for example once also a very interesting article about his use of the Latin language. He was one of the best living users of the Latin language at all. Lots of Clerics are only translating their thoughts into the Latin language - but he was able to use the structure of the Latin language as if it would had been his own mothertongue - although German is not a language with big latin roots like other languages.

But okay - whatever I think about schools has not a lot to do with the USA. The USA has to do it in a way how it is the best for the USA. The most important "thing" in a school are the individual children.

Last edited:

Double talk. Nonsense.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Stop posting stupid videos. No ones clicking on them.

I do.... and they are great! Stop whining. It is not his fault you don't understand the correlations. I wish Damaged Eagle would *****CHUCKLE***** more.

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

Excellent.

There is prominent scientific atheist, Lawrence Krauss, "... an American theoretical physicist and cosmologist...known as an advocate of thepublic understanding of science, ...and works to reduce the impact of superstition and religious dogma inpop culture. He is also the author of several bestselling books, includingThe Physics of Star Trek and A Universe from Nothing."Lawrence M. Krauss - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Krauss has said "we all, literally, emerged from quantum nothingness..."
Clearly an attempt to avoid the central question. Where are the quantum rules that imply a universe that must appear out of the void?

They have faith in total nonsense, such as Krauss' 'A Universe From Nothing"

Of course, the ancient Greek, Parmenides, was correct: nihil fit ex nihilo..."out of nothing, nothing [be]comes."

And....again, your request: "Where's your evidence and proof?

All I see here is another scientific creation theology, "

The fake science dunces are willing to accept anything...even things that obviate all of real science.

You make the mistake of believing real science is what you read at Harun Yahya.

Government schooling.

I don't doubt about the quality of catholic schools. But "home schooling" is in my view nearly a crime. Parents don't have enough knowledge and are not able to be the teachers of their own children on many reasons - and it's much more fun for children to go to school and to have contact to other children there. But take Pope Benedict XVI. as an example. What was wrong with the schools he visited? He discussed even with the best atheistic philosophers and wan. I read for exampel once also a very interesting article about his knowldege of the Laltin language. He was one of the best living users of the Latin language. Lots of Clerics are only translatuing their thoughts into the Latin language - but he was able to use the structure of of the Latin language as if it would had been his mothertongue - although German is not a language with big latin roots like other languages.

"But "home schooling" is in my view nearly a crime."

That pretty much identifies you as a fool.

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

National Average Percentile Scores

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

a. Core is a combination of Reading, Language, and Math.
b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

Household income had little impact on the results of homeschooled students.

$34,999 or less—85th percentile
$35,000–$49,999—86th percentile
$50,000–$69,999—86th percentile
$70,000 or more—89th percentile

The education level of the parents made a noticeable difference, but the homeschooled children of non-college educated parents still scored in the 83rd percentile, which is well above the national average.

Neither parent has a college degree—83rd percentile
One parent has a college degree—86th percentile
Both parents have a college degree—90th percentile

Whether either parent was a certified teacher did not matter.

Certified (i.e., either parent ever certified)—87th percentile
Not certified (i.e., neither parent ever certified)—88th percentile

Parental spending on home education made little difference.

Spent $600 or more on the student—89th percentile
Spent under $600 on the student—86th percentile

The extent of government regulation on homeschoolers did not affect the results.

Low state regulation—87th percentile
Medium state regulation—88th percentile
High state regulation—87th percentile
HSLDA: New Nationwide Study Confirms Homeschool Academic Achievement

I remember for a couple days after deciding for good that there is no God I was a little uncomfortable and felt a little guilty and sad.

If there was a God and he wanted me to believe he would have given me a sign. He didn't. He did what he always does. Absolutely nothing.
That's exactly what your problem is. You think God, as an old white haired and white bearded man, is sitting in the clouds wrapped in a white bed sheet wants you to do things and heals and doesn't heal and let people suffer yet rewards seemingly evil deeds. There are people who share that belief with you but God as the Creator is totally different concept. God doesn't get involved with our daily miserable lives.

That's exactly what your problem is. You think God, as an old white haired and white bearded man, is sitting in the clouds wrapped in a white bed sheet wants you to do things and heals and doesn't heal and let people suffer yet rewards seemingly evil deeds. There are people who share that belief with you but God as the Creator is totally different concept. God doesn't get involved with our daily miserable lives.
God doesn't even bother showing you any proof of its existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back