If God doesn't exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way to "know 'God'" other than by unique, personal, intimate knowledge. And that is indistinguishable from hallucination.

And now is your problem if someone says the same to you about your belief. You are no able to know "there is no god". That's your belief. If I'm "wrong" and god decides not to be (what I anyway would not expect to be true in such a form how most atheists today think about) then I don't have any problem with this decisison of god. But what do you do if the nothing decides not to exist any longer and to become our universe? Will you start to live here in this case?

Last edited:
I don't know what you like to say with this very short sentence. I prefer schools for everyone - not schools for elites.

I prefer objective and informative schooling, not indoctrination, i.e., government schooling.

I'm not sure what you are thinking about in this context. But indeed this is a real danger how Commies and others showed to everyone. On the other side I don't see how to avoid such problems with private schools [¿for elites [only]?]. I'm for example still amused about a phycisist whose child was in a school with the name of a famous Saint of the catholic church: Albertus Magnus. After two years he found out that they are praying every morning in this school. He was an atheist and became angry. I had to laugh a lot because he needed two years to find out what everyone knows. But I never understood why he became angry, because he was not ashamed to get a job from people who believed in god.

Pleeeezzzze.....stop the "elites" nonsense.

1. Factors to consider at the Church-state intersection:
    1. Many families favored the safety, discipline, and attention to character development in addition to academics, but would have to continue paying public school property taxes in addition to tuition.
    2. Teacher unions opposed any aid to schools that were not unionized.
    3. Urban parochial schools were serving a growing share of disadvantaged and frequently non-Catholic youngsters. In a study published in 1990, for example, the Rand Corporation found that, of the Catholic school students in these Catholic high schools in New York City, 75 to 90 percent were black or Hispanic.
i. Over 66 percentof the Catholic school graduates received the New York State Regents diploma to signify completion of an academically demanding college preparatory curriculum, while only about 5 percent of the public school students received this distinction;

ii. The Catholic high schools graduated 95 percent of their students each year, while the public schools graduated slightly more 50 percent of their senior class;

iii. The Catholic school students achieved an average combined SAT score of 803, while the public school students' average combined SAT score was 642;

iv. 60 percent of the Catholic school black students scored above the national average for black students on the SAT, and over 70 percent of public school black students scored below the same national average.

« More recent studies confirm these observations. Why Catholic Schools Spell Success For America's Inner-CityChildren

"Classes in Catholic parochial schools tended to be larger than in private schools in general. More than 62 percent of the Catholic parochial schools had an average class size of 25 or more, a substantially higher proportion than private schools overall (36 percent)."
Private Schools in the United States: A Statistical Profile, 1993-94 / Catholic-Parochial Schools

"Catholic schools are attractive to non-Catholics for several reasons, parents and Catholic educators say. They offer the close supervision and small classes of private schools at a fraction of the cost - often as little as $1,000 a year. Most important, along with academics, many parents say, is that Catholic schools provide discipline and instruct students in morals and values through their religious teaching." More Non-Catholic Students Trying Catholic Schools

And....my fav, home schooling.

I don't doubt about the quality of catholic schools. But "home schooling" is in my view nearly a crime. Parents don't have enough knowledge and are not able to be the teachers of their own children on many reasons - and it's much more fun for children to go to school and to have contact to other children there. But take Pope Benedict XVI. as an example. What was wrong with the schools he visited? He discussed even with the best atheistic philosophers and wan. I read for exampel once also a very interesting article about his knowldege of the Laltin language. He was one of the best living users of the Latin language. Lots of Clerics are only translatuing their thoughts into the Latin language - but he was able to use the structure of of the Latin language as if it would had been his mothertongue - although German is not a language with big latin roots like other languages.

"But "home schooling" is in my view nearly a crime."

That pretty much identifies you as a fool.

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

National Average Percentile Scores

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

a. Core is a combination of Reading, Language, and Math.
b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

Household income had little impact on the results of homeschooled students.

$34,999 or less—85th percentile
$35,000–$49,999—86th percentile
$50,000–$69,999—86th percentile
$70,000 or more—89th percentile

The education level of the parents made a noticeable difference, but the homeschooled children of non-college educated parents still scored in the 83rd percentile, which is well above the national average.

Neither parent has a college degree—83rd percentile
One parent has a college degree—86th percentile
Both parents have a college degree—90th percentile

Whether either parent was a certified teacher did not matter.

Certified (i.e., either parent ever certified)—87th percentile
Not certified (i.e., neither parent ever certified)—88th percentile

Parental spending on home education made little difference.

Spent $600 or more on the student—89th percentile
Spent under $600 on the student—86th percentile

The extent of government regulation on homeschoolers did not affect the results.

Low state regulation—87th percentile
Medium state regulation—88th percentile
High state regulation—87th percentile
HSLDA: New Nationwide Study Confirms Homeschool Academic Achievement

The school system of the USA is for me personally not very interesting. I would not know what to do with knowledge about. Let me give you this thought of one of my teachers. He said once: "Let us be honest. Even the worst school system is not able to inhibit a talented student to learn something".

Last edited:
I prefer objective and informative schooling, not indoctrination, i.e., government schooling.

I'm not sure what you are thinking about in this context. But indeed this is a real danger how Commies and others showed to everyone. On the other side I don't see how to avoid such problems with private schools [¿for elites [only]?]. I'm for example still amused about a phycisist whose child was in a school with the name of a famous Saint of the catholic church: Albertus Magnus. After two years he found out that they are praying every morning in this school. He was an atheist and became angry. I had to laugh a lot because he needed two years to find out what everyone knows. But I never understood why he became angry, because he was not ashamed to get a job from people who believed in god.

1. Many families favored the safety, discipline, and attention to character development in addition to academics, but would have to continue paying public school property taxes in addition to tuition.
    3. Urban parochial schools were serving a growing share of disadvantaged and frequently non-Catholic youngsters. In a study published in 1990, for example, the Rand Corporation found that, of the Catholic school students in these Catholic high schools in New York City, 75 to 90 percent were black or Hispanic.
i. Over 66 percentof the Catholic school graduates received the New York State Regents diploma to signify completion of an academically demanding college preparatory curriculum, while only about 5 percent of the public school students received this distinction;

ii. The Catholic high schools graduated 95 percent of their students each year, while the public schools graduated slightly more 50 percent of their senior class;

iii. The Catholic school students achieved an average combined SAT score of 803, while the public school students' average combined SAT score was 642;

iv. 60 percent of the Catholic school black students scored above the national average for black students on the SAT, and over 70 percent of public school black students scored below the same national average.

« More recent studies confirm these observations. Why Catholic Schools Spell Success For America's Inner-CityChildren

"Classes in Catholic parochial schools tended to be larger than in private schools in general. More than 62 percent of the Catholic parochial schools had an average class size of 25 or more, a substantially higher proportion than private schools overall (36 percent)."
Private Schools in the United States: A Statistical Profile, 1993-94 / Catholic-Parochial Schools

"Catholic schools are attractive to non-Catholics for several reasons, parents and Catholic educators say. They offer the close supervision and small classes of private schools at a fraction of the cost - often as little as $1,000 a year. Most important, along with academics, many parents say, is that Catholic schools provide discipline and instruct students in morals and values through their religious teaching." More Non-Catholic Students Trying Catholic Schools

I don't doubt about the quality of catholic schools. But "home schooling" is in my view nearly a crime. Parents don't have enough knowledge and are not able to be the teachers of their own children on many reasons - and it's much more fun for children to go to school and to have contact to other children there. But take Pope Benedict XVI. as an example. What was wrong with the schools he visited? He discussed even with the best atheistic philosophers and wan. I read for exampel once also a very interesting article about his knowldege of the Laltin language. He was one of the best living users of the Latin language. Lots of Clerics are only translatuing their thoughts into the Latin language - but he was able to use the structure of of the Latin language as if it would had been his mothertongue - although German is not a language with big latin roots like other languages.

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

The education level of the parents made a noticeable difference, but the homeschooled children of non-college educated parents still scored in the 83rd percentile, which is well above the national average.

The extent of government regulation on homeschoolers did not affect the results.

The school system of the USA is for me personally not very interesting. I would not know what to do with knowledge about. Let me give you this thought of one of my teachers. He said once: "Let us be honest. Even the worst school system is not able to inhibit a talented student to learn something".

So, it seems that you have retreated from this absurd comment..".But "home schooling" is in my view nearly a crime.'

Excellent.

The Results

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

So, it seems that you have retreated from this absurd comment..".But "home schooling" is in my view nearly a crime.'

Excellent.

Still home schooling is in my eyes nearly a crime. But I don't not know what's in this case the best for the USA - and even if I would know it this would be nearly unimportant because I'm not a citizen of the USA.

Last edited:

The Results

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

Excellent.

Still home schooling is in my eyes nearly a crime. But I don't not know what's in this case the best for the USA - and even if I would know it this would be nearly unimportant because I'm not a citizen of the USA.

"Still home schooling is in my eyes nearly a crime."
As this is in the face of easily obtainable evidence, you remain a fool.

... The fact is we don't know. ...

You don't know god is not existing?

So unwilling it is. Every time you post a video to me I say fuck your God in the ass.

So by posting a video you are asking me to say fuck your God in the ass.

Go ahead, post another video. I know you like hearing fuck your God in the ass

What about íf I would be an ET with a big red button? Or more worse: I could be an ancient germanic warrior with a tomahawk drone. So what about an answer? Do you say normally "There is no god" or do you say normally "I don't believe in [the existance of] god".

I believe you're either being stupid or a dick posting those video's. What is wrong with you?

I remember for a couple days after deciding for good that there is no God I was a little uncomfortable and felt a little guilty and sad.

If there was a God and he wanted me to believe he would have given me a sign. He didn't. He did what he always does. Absolutely nothing.
That's exactly what your problem is. You think God, as an old white haired and white bearded man, is sitting in the clouds wrapped in a white bed sheet wants you to do things and heals and doesn't heal and let people suffer yet rewards seemingly evil deeds. There are people who share that belief with you but God as the Creator is totally different concept. God doesn't get involved with our daily miserable lives.
I don't think God exists at all.

How do you think of god? Because really if you aren't thinking what the Jews Chrstians or Muslims are thinking and saying, you're really just a little cult. Some would say a solo church.

images

...and science holds the answer to all questions....

Then what kick started the universe?

God doesn't exist. And science does not hold the answer to all questions. So your conditional is not satisfied.

After all we wouldn't want to violate one of Newton's three laws now would we?
Which of Newton's three laws does the Big Bang violate?

images

If science doesn't hold the answer to all questions then how do you know God doesn't exist?

As for your question... I'm waiting on a response from some all knowledgeable scientific minded atheist to provide me with an input on that prior to providing a response of my own.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I got it! If God doesn't exist you will still wake up today, still go to sleep tonight, still either be a good or bad person, you will still die one day.

What makes you think God cares what you do in your subjective reality or your abstract human concepts of good and evil?

In other words God has no impact on anything. Other than in your head of course.

God has all sorts of impact. Without God we wouldn't exist.

Now try posting without putting up a music video that no one is watching

No.

upload_2016-3-23_14-11-33.jpeg

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

If the scientific answer at this time is we don't know...

Then doesn't that mean a miracle occurred?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:D

Obviously something happened. Defining that "something" as a miracle is childish.

Look at it this way. If a balloon is steadily given a flow of air eventually it will burst. Is it a miracle that the balloon explodes?

It is my best guess that the matter in the form of the electrons etc with all the spaces removed reached a point of tipping past equilibrium it exploded and formed our universe. I believe that in the distant past before our universe was formed the universe was gobbled up by a giant black hole resulting in a ball consisting of matter minus the distances between it's building materials. Eventually the hole ran out of material to gobble and the former universe ceased to exist. Then something tipped the balance. I suspect the black hole is what triggered the new universe when it in it's last snack ate it's self leaving nothing to hold the ball of matter. No miracle..just bad digestion.

images

I don't see anything here to give your 'belief' any more validation than mine.

Where's your evidence and proof?

All I see here is another scientific creation theology, with no evidence or proof to confirm it deserves merit, conceived by man (or woman) to comfort the minds of the unknowing and unknowledgeable.

*****CHUCKLE*****

So your belief is based on what you don't know. Ignorance

You're the one who says you don't know what kick started the universe.

I'm quite comfortable with calling it a miracle of God.

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

God doesn't exist. And science does not hold the answer to all questions. So your conditional is not satisfied.

images

If science doesn't hold the answer to all questions then how do you know God doesn't exist?

As for your question... I'm waiting on a response from some all knowledgeable scientific minded atheist to provide me with an input on that prior to providing a response of my own.

*****CHUCKLE*****

I got it! If God doesn't exist you will still wake up today, still go to sleep tonight, still either be a good or bad person, you will still die one day.

What makes you think God cares what you do in your subjective reality or your abstract human concepts of good and evil?

In other words God has no impact on anything. Other than in your head of course.

No.

View attachment 68653

*****CHUCKLE*****

Then what kick started the universe? If that's the question I've got a good scientific answer. We don't know. As of yet there isn't a scientific theory to explain it. Does that mean god exist? Maybe, I can't disprove it so it's a possibility. Until about 150 years ago we didn't know about the existence of galaxies. We didnt conceive atoms, we hardly understood elektricity, tectonic drift, where we came from was just begining to get understood. Al of these issues religion felt it had a biblical answer for and they collided with the scientific community. Violently even. My point is this, since religion as a concept started, it gave answers to everything we didn't understand. From what the sun was to modern monotheism. Over the millenia the place where knowledge has to simply claim ignorance has gotten smaller and smaller. And you like most religious ppl, use the fact that there's a lack of knowledge as proof that God exists. Religion has proven
wrong time and time again. It's actually pretty understandable. Religion offers an easy answer to EVERY question, God. So since science doesn't offer that fix all mentality, you think of it as a weakness. When in truth the not knowing is actually the driving force behind science.

Of course you don't see any difference. You filter your the information regarding how the universe came to be through your concept and understanding of the bible. That process varies from denial to just pure faith....meaning that which you do not understand you take the scripture's viewpoint even if it does not make any scientific sense. The more a scientific argument centers on basic ideas such as the Big Bang the more apt you are to defer to a biblical passage or "witness".

Where and when did I state that I was Christian or a member of any other major religion?

I think you better go back and read the entire thread before assuming things.

It is unlikely you are capable of thinking freely about matters such as "how the universe came into being" without comparing these ideas to and deferring to the bible references.

I think you'd be absolutely WRONG.

Religists are to me similar any group of people that have acquired a strong prejudice which makes it impossible to think openly about some subjects.

I'm seeing quite a bit of that from confirmed atheists, such as yourself, who supposedly know all about science.

For instance try talking to many blacks about racism and say the word "ni**er". They feel so strongly about that word that their brain completely shuts down and the discussion is over.

You mean like suggesting to an atheist that a miracle occurred when the universe began?

The same thing happens when the basic fundamentals of christianity are challenged.

That's between you and them.

The human brain is only capable of just so much anyway. Trying to visualize the big bang even without poisoning the concept with made up images of some humanoid creature lurking nearby orchestrating the whole event is just too much silliness mixed in with a cold scientific visualization.

I can visualize the universe being created by God without all the metaphorical visual aids or with them.

Why do you seem to have a problem with that? No imagination perhaps?

If someone has invested a substantial portion of their life sincerely believing that there is an actual god that has created everything the shock associated with finding out that there actually is no such being would be too much and drive many christians over the edge to mental breakdowns.

You seem to spend a lot of time trying to convince everyone that there is no God....

Are you ready for a melt down?

In short ..you do not want to know that there is no god and there never was a god. Your mind will not allow that idea to sink in no matter how much proof I were to provide.

It would seem that the opposite is true in your case.

upload_2016-3-23_14-42-38.jpeg

I observe God and his/her wondrous works everyday.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Last edited:
images

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

No.

View attachment 68653

*****CHUCKLE*****

Then what kick started the universe? If that's the question I've got a good scientific answer. We don't know. As of yet there isn't a scientific theory to explain it. Does that mean god exist? Maybe, I can't disprove it so it's a possibility. Until about 150 years ago we didn't know about the existence of galaxies. We didnt conceive atoms, we hardly understood elektricity, tectonic drift, where we came from was just begining to get understood. Al of these issues religion felt it had a biblical answer for and they collided with the scientific community. Violently even. My point is this, since religion as a concept started, it gave answers to everything we didn't understand. From what the sun was to modern monotheism. Over the millenia the place where knowledge has to simply claim ignorance has gotten smaller and smaller. And you like most religious ppl, use the fact that there's a lack of knowledge as proof that God exists. Religion has proven
wrong time and time again. It's actually pretty understandable. Religion offers an easy answer to EVERY question, God. So since science doesn't offer that fix all mentality, you think of it as a weakness. When in truth the not knowing is actually the driving force behind science.

images

Perhaps you should read the entire thread prior to criticizing my belief in God.

The only one showing ignorance at this time would be yourself.

I'm quite comfortable with calling the creation of the universe a miracle of God and would gladly increase funding into scientific research to find out how God went about doing this miracle.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Maybe.... but you were the one offering "what kick-started the universe" as "proof" of God's existence.

Have you now changed your mind and acknowledge that there is no proof because there is no need? That would render the whole discussion that you started meaningless.[/QUOTE]

Powerful enough to create (kick start) a universe.

It is most likely that nothing "kick started" the universe. The Universe just ... is...
And always has been and always will be. Will our sun be forever? No. Will the milky way last forever? No. Will our universe that we see last forever? No. One day every light will fade. We guestimate we have about another 10 billion years. So what will happen after the last star burns out? It will be complete darkness. And all the rock from every star will drift around for a few billion years until who knows? Maybe another universe will form after all the rocks join together and condense into something the size of your fist. Then explode into a big bang and then in 13 billion years from that date, some life on some planet in the new universe will think they are special and a god created it all for them. LOL

Maybe.... but you were the one offering "what kick-started the universe" as "proof" of God's existence.

Have you now changed your mind and acknowledge that there is no proof because there is no need? That would render the whole discussion that you started meaningless.
[/QUOTE]

images

Changing what I posted in your quote is a reportable offence anywhere on this forum.

I suggest you fix this and attempt to make some sense.

*****SMILE*****

Powerful enough to create (kick start) a universe.

It is most likely that nothing "kick started" the universe. The Universe just ... is...
And always has been and always will be. Will our sun be forever? No. Will the milky way last forever? No. Will our universe that we see last forever? No. One day every light will fade. We guestimate we have about another 10 billion years. So what will happen after the last star burns out? It will be complete darkness. And all the rock from every star will drift around for a few billion years until who knows? Maybe another universe will form after all the rocks join together and condense into something the size of your fist. Then explode into a big bang and then in 13 billion years from that date, some life on some planet in the new universe will think they are special and a god created it all for them. LOL

There is no "after". Time is only one more dimension in the Space-Time continuum.

Asking "what happens after?" is like asking "What is North of the North Pole?"

But my point is that most scientists tend to believe that there are multiple space-time continua. Ours, the one that started with the Big Bang, is just one of an infinite number. So, bottom line, there is no "need" for anything to "kick-start" the Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back