IF higher taxes will create jobs, why did the stimulus fail?

All of that is a total lie.
The stimulus was far bigger than what was originally proposed. The Dums had complete filibuster-proof majorities in both houses so the GOP had very little influence here. GOP governors rightly refused to accept the many strings the money came with, although Congress forced them to accept it, in e.g. South Carolina.
In NJyou are probably babbling about the tunnel. If you think one project could make or break the stimulus then you are an idiot of even greater proportions.

What you just posted is incorrect..and without any merit whatsoever.

Not really even worth addressing. The history of the stimulus is well known. Your fantasy not withstanding.

So I guess Paul Krugman is lying in this op-ed when he describes how the number kept growing.
The story of the stimulus - NYTimes.com

I guess Congress did not have a majority of Democrats in the House and a super-majority in the Senate while this was going on.

I guess SC's governor did not refuse stimulus money on the grounds it would cost too much.
Newsvine - S.C. Governor Sanford Refuses Stimulus Money

So I guess your post is filled with inaccuracies, half lies, and bullshit. IOW, par for the course.

Perry refuses Stimulus Funds
I think Gov. Perry ended up taking some, but I know at first he was on the refuse to take list
I think there where more, not sure

Stimulus spending is like drinking a case of Redbull... you surge, then you crash. Now that QE2 is over, the dollar is crumbling and aggregate demand has not increased.

What idiots.

Stimulus spending is like drinking a case of Redbull... you surge, then you crash. Now that QE2 is over, the dollar is crumbling and aggregate demand has not increased.

What idiots.

Whatever would lead you to believe aggregate demand has not increased? GDP? up. business investment? up. Consumer expenditures? Up.

What component of AD has offset this?

So, will this thread get to 500 posts before the OP explains to us what higher taxes he's referring to in the thread title?

The argument is GWB tax rate caused all of this and if we go back to Clinton's rate everything will be fine

Who said that? Which strawman are you arguing against?

This one?
The Bush tax cuts blew the deficit sky high and did almost nothing to stimulate the economy. In fact..his administration encouraged some extremely dangerous behavior that nearly caused a total collapse of the US economy.
from yr butt buddy Sallow.

So, will this thread get to 500 posts before the OP explains to us what higher taxes he's referring to in the thread title?

The argument is GWB tax rate caused all of this and if we go back to Clinton's rate everything will be fine

Just how many times I have u heard that in general?
I have no idea
Our president told us that he could save 500 billion dollars from Medicare to pay for his Obama care, and people are trying to get him re-elected

Heres another area one can learn from. It is never my intent to argue, it is my intent to teach. the educated voter never elects a man who has never held down a real job and at best has voted present when it came to items that had a choice that need to be made.
That campaigned on what was called the failures of others, never the success of ones self and his or her items he or she was going to bring to the plate

there is so much information that is not true, It bothers me

Heres another area one can learn from. It is never my intent to argue, it is my intent to teach.

Unfortunately, much of what you are attempting to "teach" is simply not true. There is so much information that is not true, It bothers me.

We don't need anymore of that kind of "Education". We get enough from the AM radio.

Heres another area one can learn from. It is never my intent to argue, it is my intent to teach.

Unfortunately, much of what you are attempting to "teach" is simply not true. There is so much information that is not true, It bothers me.

We don't need anymore of that kind of "Education". We get enough from the AM radio.

to call a man a liar is one thing
to back it up is another
where would you like to start
Good Luck

Remember when President Oprah said he was going to spend 787 Billion to create jobs then turned around and gave it Democrat interests fucking over the American unemployed so they lost their homes?

You called me a liar and I ask you to share with us where I had lied. I keep finding proof that your age is not far from 10
A man understands how serious it is to call another man a liar

What have we learned?
Obama thinks more of his union supporters than he does fixing the problem
Citing about $105 billion that is coming to the U.S. Department of Education from the federal stimulus package, Biden said teachers will finally have the means to improve education.

“You’ve got a president and vice president absolutely committed to having all the tools you need to finally get it right in American public education.”
Stimulus Pays Off With Obama Teachers Union Endorsement - Page 1 - Kyle Olson - Townhall Conservative

We know this was from tarp, It was for the survival of the UAW
80 billion
Adding Up the Auto Bailout: $80 Billion and Growing - TIME

The Democratic House yesterday’s 247-161 largely approve a Senate bill shoveling another $26.1 billion out to state education and Medicaid programs. The “assistance” is so expensive that several governors were begging for relief even before Mr. Obama signed it into law. But as the WSJ, underlines, most benefits of such new stimulus will go to support union jobs, which coincidence happens to be base of the Democrats. Standing with teachers yesterday in the White House Rose Garden, Mr. Obama said, “We can’t stand by and do nothing while pink slips are given to the men and women who educate our children or keep our communities safe.” So in the name of still another “stimulus,” Democrats are rewarding their own political base
But these salaries and generous benefit plans are worth $10 billion of the bill’s funding is allocated to education, and the money comes with strings that will multiply the benefits for this core Obama constituency. Specifically, the bill stipulates that federal funds must supplement, not replace, state spending on education. Also, in each state, next year’s spending on elementary and secondary education as a percentage of total state revenues must be equal to or greater than the previous year’s level.
More Stimulus Money for Unions | Somos Republicans

What else has this done?
If you provide the funds for 1000s of people who pays union dues who then the union gives part of those dues back to the party, think about it

What was the stimulus?
a 550 billion dollar slush fund that had a 350 billion dollar tarp kicker to go with it

to back it up is another
Good Luck
You have told numerous lies throughout this thread. Were would you like to start?

To your credit, it's quite possible you learned these things from your AM radio and actually believed them to be true.

It did what it was designed to do.

Do you have any idea how many Banksters jobs were saved by the Bush II/Obama Stimulus Package?

At least 14 CEOs.

to back it up is another
Good Luck
You have told numerous lies throughout this thread. Were would you like to start?

To your credit, it's quite possible you learned these things from your AM radio and actually believed them to be true.

IOW, you weren't lying but I am a cowardly little pissant and won't admit it.

to back it up is another
Good Luck

Its not wher
when are you going to start
its been over night and you still have not gave up one example
A.M Radio?
The Bakken Shale Map And Info. North Dakota Shale Gas.
thats called a link

It did what it was designed to do.

Do you have any idea how many Banksters jobs were saved by the Bush II/Obama Stimulus Package?

At least 14 CEOs.

Bush had nothing to do with this failed stimulus
NOTHING

to back it up is another
Good Luck

Its not wher
A.M Radio?
thats called a link

oh, you want some specifics? Here ya go:

the stimulus with the money from tarp had about 25% tax cuts, those tax cuts had nothing to do with 750 billion dollars that was and is being spent. that is the same as a 750 billion dollar tax increase. pure and simple

a tax increase and a spending increase have the exact opposite effect on the economy, perfectly backwards to what you said. Now again, it could be your own ignorance - but either way, it's not true. It's a lie.

I know that for 1 trillion dollars one would expect not to lose 6 million jobs at the same time

6 Million jobs have not been lost since the stimulus passed. That's a lie.

lets do not forget that the first year of his admin was fighting back from Clinton's recession

The recession you attribute to Clinton started in March of 2001 and ended in October of that year - Bush was not "fighting back" a recession from Clinton.

The US government is a collection agency that only destroys wealth. It serves no function to create it

The protection of private intellectual and physical property is the most basic function of government and the most critical component of wealth creation.

It's possible you were just misinformed the first time you made the claim. When the facts were demonstrated and you continued to repeat it, you lied.

The only thing that is impacted by a tax cut or a tax hike is the person who pays taxes

That is sheer folly. The other entities impacted include:

The government budget, which must reduce spending, increase other revenues or borrow funds when tax receipts decline.

Other private entitities, which respond when changes in taxes change consumption patterns.

the stimulus cost the tax payer with Obama's 1/2 of tarp well over 700 billion dollars

Far less than 700B was ever distributed through TARP and as of late 2009, the total fiscal impact was about 80B including repayments (with interest) by most parties involved.
every liberal keeps saying to me that higher taxes will create jobs

This is just a flat-out, no-question lie.
It is impossible to hold the President accountable to these promises because there is no way of measuring "jobs saved."

There is a way - and that way involves requiring recipients to track the number of jobs saved.
Bush inherited a very large job loss period

Pure folly. in the last two months of 2000, the economy created 231,000 and 138,000 jobs respectively. In the year 2000, it created 1,953,000 jobs.

Its not wher
A.M Radio?
thats called a link

a tax increase and a spending increase have the exact opposite effect on the economy, perfectly backwards to what you said. Now again, it could be your own ignorance - but either way, it's not true. It's a lie.

The recession you attribute to Clinton started in March of 2001 and ended in October of that year - Bush was not "fighting back" a recession from Clinton.

The protection of private intellectual and physical property is the most basic function of government and the most critical component of wealth creation.

It's possible you were just misinformed the first time you made the claim. When the facts were demonstrated and you continued to repeat it, you lied.

The government budget, which must reduce spending, increase other revenues or borrow funds when tax receipts decline.

Other private entitities, which respond when changes in taxes change consumption patterns.

Far less than 700B was ever distributed through TARP and as of late 2009, the total fiscal impact was about 80B including repayments (with interest) by most parties involved.

It is impossible to hold the President accountable to these promises because there is no way of measuring "jobs saved."

There is a way - and that way involves requiring recipients to track the number of jobs saved.

Pure folly. in the last two months of 2000, the economy created 231,000 and 138,000 jobs respectively. In the year 2000, it created 1,953,000 jobs.

job loss: end of 2008 thru the end of 2010, 7 million jobs were lost
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

Until those funds have been put back in the treasury, they are gone and as the wars, they go against the deficit
The recession in 2001 had nothing to do with Clinton?
Ok, every problem Obama faced after 3/01/09 had nothing to do with GWB, fair enough?
2000 job count?
OK, every job lost from 1/01/2009 belongs to BHO and and no time did anything GWB do have anything to do with any job lost after 1/01/2009, fair enough?

no lies yet

You want to try again?
See I use links. I have no reason to lie when the truth will do just fine

Its not wher
A.M Radio?
thats called a link

job loss: end of 2008 thru the end of 2010, 7 million jobs were lost
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt

In case you are unaware:

A. You're using annual figures.
B. The stimulus was passed in late March 2009. In the first three months of 2009, the economy shed about 1.9M jobs.

Until those funds have been put back in the treasury, they are gone and as the wars, they go against the deficit

all but 80B has been "put back in the treasury".
The recession in 2001 had nothing to do with Clinton?

No, the 2001 recession had nothing to do with Clinton (or at the most very, very, preciously little).

The 2007 recession had very, very little to do with Bush.

Remember when you were arguing that presidents aren't responsible for the economy?

Ok, every problem Obama faced after 3/01/09 had nothing to do with GWB, fair enough?

No, not fair enough. The President DOES control some things.

2000 job count?
OK, every job lost from 1/01/2009 belongs to BHO and and no time did anything GWB do have anything to do with any job lost after 1/01/2009, fair enough?

Yes, the 2000 job count. Bush took office in Jan of 2001. And no, the president isn't responsible for every job loss - no president is.

Keep lying, JRK. You prove your worth with every post.

Forum List

Back