If Hobby Lobby wins...

Heres the rub tho. What if more employers start imposing more "beliefs"? And a few turn to hundreds? The rule still applies that no one HAS to work there but many will have to work somewhere which means some will be exposed to it.

Does the worker lose their right to the CEO's belief?

Smoking and gluttony is against my religion.

I refuse to allow the health insurance carried my company to treat lung disease and diabetes.

Not at all far fetched. Hell, who would have thought any American would support what Hobby Lobby is doing?

Money talks and the gullible follow meekly behind their masters.

I always love it when some dipshit liberal does one of these "Aha! I'm SURE you think people should be forced to do THIS, though, so I win!" arguments.

See, the thing is, just because YOU are a hypocrite doesn't mean everyone else is. And just because YOU are completely comfortable with the notion of all sorts of things being forced and coerced doesn't mean everyone else is.

You know what I'd do if I had an employer whose health insurance didn't cover diabetic treatments (always assuming that leftists in this country ever allowed such freedom of choice in the health insurance field in the first place)? I'd go buy a better policy of my own and ignore theirs (because if leftists would allow such freedom in the world, I would actually be able to shop for my own health insurance instead of having to accept whatever cheap crap-ass policy my employer had chosen).

Thanks for demonstrating what a fucked-up mess your worldview has made.

Luddly is a pole smokinig libtard, he knows what's good for everyone and we should have him in charge....no thanks, he's an idiot and I wouldn't let him suck my cock, let alone tell me what my health plan should include.

One of the things that Hobby Lobby is trying to use as a point is that they are a "family business", and don't want their "family views" affected by having to provide something for their 13,000 employees that they don't like.

Shit....................under that logic, the Waltons own Wal-Mart, and it could be considered "family owned" as well. Does that mean the largest employer of people in the US should also be allowed to stop paying for certain items and procedures for their employees as well?

Sorry...............but if you are a FOR PROFIT corporation, then there is not any reason that the corporation should be able to claim religious rights like an individual.

Corporations are OWNED by people, but they aren't people in and of themselves.

One of the things that Hobby Lobby is trying to use as a point is that they are a "family business", and don't want their "family views" affected by having to provide something for their 13,000 employees that they don't like.

Shit....................under that logic, the Waltons own Wal-Mart, and it could be considered "family owned" as well. Does that mean the largest employer of people in the US should also be allowed to stop paying for certain items and procedures for their employees as well?

Sorry...............but if you are a FOR PROFIT corporation, then there is not any reason that the corporation should be able to claim religious rights like an individual.

What about non-incorporated companies? Partnerships? The mandate applies to them as well. Should they also be required to follow the mandate against their will?

What about non-incorporated companies? Partnerships? The mandate applies to them as well. Should they also be required to follow the mandate against their will?
The provisions for employers with 50 employees or less are different, and not subject to the same rules as large companies.

Most companies with 50+ full time employees are incorporated.

The provisions for employers with 50 employees or less are different, and not subject to the same rules as large companies.

You're right.............the rules are different for those businesses that have less than 50 employees.

Hobby Lobby employs around 13,000 nationwide.

You're right.............the rules are different for those businesses that have less than 50 employees.

My crystal ball says Hobby Lobby loses in the Supreme Court, cancels 13,000 employees health insurance plans and pays the fine. Who won and who lost?

My crystal ball says Hobby Lobby loses in the Supreme Court, cancels 13,000 employees health insurance plans and pays the fine. Who won and who lost?

Well, under the ACA, even if Hobby Lobby doesn't want to pay for their insurance and take the fine, those who are employed by them (probably making minimum wage) will qualify for subsidies under the ACA, and because they bought their own insurance, it will follow them wherever they choose to be employed, opening up the possibility that they can find a better job and tell HL to go get bent, because they don't have to depend on HL for their healthcare.

Lots of people would like better jobs, but because of the (minimal) health care provided by their employers, they can't afford to go looking for fear of losing the job they have.

Then whats stopping them from requiring everyone to say the lords prayer before work? Or have a certain diet?

Could any other owner force his beliefs on his employees in other ways? Could the owner who doesnt believe in prescription meds opt out of it all together and argue for "natural healing" methods? Could a vegan make their stores meat free? Even their employees lunches?

Where does it stop? Or a better question, WHAT makes it stop?

I believe some religions don't believe in blood transfusions...that some religions don't believe in vaccines......I guess if Hobby Lobby wins, they too can pick and choose what health care services they can refuse to pay for for their employees...all they have to do is claim "religious grounds".
This is why Obamacare is a bad law.

Then whats stopping them from requiring everyone to say the lords prayer before work? Or have a certain diet?

Could any other owner force his beliefs on his employees in other ways? Could the owner who doesnt believe in prescription meds opt out of it all together and argue for "natural healing" methods? Could a vegan make their stores meat free? Even their employees lunches?

Where does it stop? Or a better question, WHAT makes it stop?

I believe some religions don't believe in blood transfusions...that some religions don't believe in vaccines......I guess if Hobby Lobby wins, they too can pick and choose what health care services they can refuse to pay for for their employees...all they have to do is claim "religious grounds".

They could all become Christian Scientists who believe in faith healing, and then get out of paying ANY money for health care!

here's the hypocrisy about Hobby Lobby (where I will never shop again)...

They want the right to not pay for certain forms of birth control because those are kind of like abortions if you are really imaginative. No one is actually making them pay for abortions.

But yet they buy 93% of their products from China, a country where they've performed 300 MILLION abortions in the last 40 years, many of them coerced under the draconian "one child" policy.

here's the hypocrisy about Hobby Lobby (where I will never shop again)...

They want the right to not pay for certain forms of birth control because those are kind of like abortions if you are really imaginative. No one is actually making them pay for abortions.

But yet they buy 93% of their products from China, a country where they've performed 300 MILLION abortions in the last 40 years, many of them coerced under the draconian "one child" policy.

300 million and the US only about 53 million, are you jealous of their success?

No one can force beliefs on employees because no one is obligated to become the employee of someone else.

Heres the rub tho. What if more employers start imposing more "beliefs"? And a few turn to hundreds? The rule still applies that no one HAS to work there but many will have to work somewhere which means some will be exposed to it.

This has nothing to do with the question before the Supremes.

The question before the Supreme Court is whether the U.S. Government can force Hobby Lobby owners to violate their First Amendment Right to practice their religion or not!

The A.C.A. is already Unconstitutional because it taxes us to live, therefore violating our right to life, liberty, and our pursuit of happiness. Any infringement, however small, is a violation.

Last edited:
No one can force beliefs on employees because no one is obligated to become the employee of someone else.

The question before the Supreme Court is whether the U.S. Government can force Hobby Lobby owners to violate their First Amendment Right to practice their religion or not!

The A.C.A. is already Unconstitutional
because it taxes us to live, therefore violating our right to life, liberty, and our pursuit of happiness. Any infringement, however small, is a violation.
SCOTUS says you're wrong.

The A.C.A. is already Unconstitutional
because it taxes us to live, therefore violating our right to life, liberty, and our pursuit of happiness. Any infringement, however small, is a violation.
SCOTUS says you're wrong.

.....and they're always right.....:rolleyes:

what's next....? a penalty tax for not buying your vegetables....?

The usual hysterical, misspelled claims... and the usual complete lack of any evidence or backup.

The leftist fanatics are trying, as usual, to change the definition of "abortion", just as they have tried and failed to change the definition of "marriage", and even tried and failed to change the definition of "is".

But the Plan B pill can, in fact, produce abortions by the widely-accepted definition. And all the leftsts' screaming "BUT THAT'S NOT REALLY AN ABORTION!!!" won't change that fact.

These leftist fanatics are SO futile in their nutty viewpoints..... :cuckoo:

Right. So I'll post this again and maybe you'll scream "no facts"

Based on the belief that a fertilized egg is a person, some religious groups and conservative politicians say disrupting a fertilized egg’s ability to attach to the uterus is abortion, “the moral equivalent of homicide,” as Dr. Donna Harrison, who directs research for the American Association of Pro-life Obstetricians and Gynecologists, put it. Mitt Romney recently called emergency contraceptives “abortive pills.” And two former Republican presidential candidates, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, have made similar statements.

But an examination by The New York Times has found that the federally approved labels and medical Web sites do not reflect what the science shows. Studies have not established that emergency contraceptive pills prevent fertilized eggs from implanting in the womb, leading scientists say. Rather, the pills delay ovulation, the release of eggs from ovaries that occurs before eggs are fertilized, and some pills also thicken cervical mucus so sperm have trouble swimming.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/06/h...ion-science-suggests.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Oh, and NOW we have an examination by the Times. Well, fuck all those doctors out there. The NY Times examined it, so THAT'S "real science".

Two words for you: hari kiri. Look into it.

No, Actual doctors and scientists looked into it and said its not. Hobby Lobby believes it is even tho it isnt. You cant defend it so you try to get runner up in the category of Best Zinger by a stupid bitch. Congrats

The A.C.A. is already Unconstitutional because it taxes us to live, therefore violating our right to life, liberty, and our pursuit of happiness. Any infringement, however small, is a violation.

If you want to discuss something different then quote someone different. :eusa_shifty:

If Hobby Lobby wins, the ACA is as good as toast, and that opens the door for a single-payer, public option healthcare reform bill.

Be careful what you wish for Republicans, and don't forget that Obamacare is directly modeled after the Heritage Foundation's recommendation from a couple decades ago.

Well, under the ACA, even if Hobby Lobby doesn't want to pay for their insurance and take the fine, those who are employed by them (probably making minimum wage) will qualify for subsidies under the ACA, and because they bought their own insurance, it will follow them wherever they choose to be employed, opening up the possibility that they can find a better job and tell HL to go get bent, because they don't have to depend on HL for their healthcare.

Lots of people would like better jobs, but because of the (minimal) health care provided by their employers, they can't afford to go looking for fear of losing the job they have.

Why didn't I think of that? With jobs so plentiful, anyone can find a job somewhere else.

If Hobby Lobby wins, the ACA is as good as toast, and that opens the door for a single-payer, public option healthcare reform bill.

Be careful what you wish for Republicans, and don't forget that Obamacare is directly modeled after the Heritage Foundation's recommendation from a couple decades ago.

the ACA is already toast....a total flopping failure....only kept alive by Dimwits too ignorant to realize it...

hopefully it opens the door to good reform and free market healthcare....

Why didn't I think of that? With jobs so plentiful, anyone can find a job somewhere else.

Their ideas always run afoul of reality.

Poor? - Get a Job
No jobs? - Educate yourself
No Education? - Spend the money

See #1

Forum List

Back