If it already wasn't, The Supreme Court Is Now On The Ballot.

Trump was found to have committed sexual assault in a court of law

That’s far more than an accusation
That has nothing to do with the conversation, we were talking about those being accused, not convicted and your fellow lefty won’t answer the question and you are trying to divert the thread as always, because you are dishonest or are an idiot that can’t comprehend what you read.

What law has been passed that provides immunity for anyone? The last I checked, such laws have to be signed by the president, and I don't think Quid Pro Joe has signed any such laws.
Word is he is going to propose the passage of a constitutional amendment ending criminal immunity for the prez. I think that's the point Lesh was making seeing as a poster accused Joe of being a fascist.

Not just people who know him. Someone who was giving him lavish gifts and vacations. If you can't see the problem here I can't help you.
A friend…so what? He didn’t have a case before the court like you claimed. Had he, that might be an issue

That has nothing to do with the conversation, we were talking about those being accused, not convicted and your fellow lefty won’t answer the question and you are trying to divert the thread as always, because you are dishonest or are an idiot that can’t comprehend what you read.
Somehow accusations are a “thing” but convictions are not?

Don't worry too much about it he still needs to make it pass. There are a lot of Democrats even now who do not believe in changing the rules for SCOTUS.
It's always better to play the game by the rules and if you're not doing so well bide your time because your time will come.
Did the Court get to this point because Republicans played by the rules?

No? They changed the rules to suit their ambitions and then ignored THOSE rules..

I didn't say that any of these guys were ethical. All I'm saying is that in the face of politics such as we have in the United States it's always wise to work within the framework because if you leave it up to people they'll screw each other until they're all dead.
Was blocking 80 judicial nominations "working within the framework?" The Senate has the responsibility of "advice and consent." Not obstruct nominees out of vindictive partisanship.

What law has been passed that provides immunity for anyone? The last I checked, such laws have to be signed by the president, and I don't think Quid Pro Joe has signed any such laws.
The COURT has made that ruling and Biden has committed to enacting a law that would remove immunity for a President.

Clearly not the action of a dictator

I would be far more suspicious of what other changes would be sneaked in with the two common Sense changes.
" Common sense " and Democrats is at best a forgone
daytime nightmare.
The only thing imaginable " common sense " about Them
Democrats is their insatiably driven sense for being naughty.
Used to a rare exception among males.Now it's weaned it's
way into females.Like Nancy Pelosi and tubby sitter on MSNBC
Claire McCaskill and witchy cohort Nicolle Wallace.

I'm not sure why anyone would be against an ethics code. It's pretty sad that there isn't one already.
The problems with it:

1. Who creates such a code?
2. Who enforces said code?

If the answer to those questions is only "democrats" (and I see no efforts to ensure it's anyone else), there's your issue.

The COURT has made that ruling and Biden has committed to enacting a law that would remove immunity for a President.

Clearly not the action of a dictator
IOW, not a law, a court ruling that defines what laws are unconstitutional.

The problems with it:

1. Who creates such a code?
2. Who enforces said code?

If the answer to those questions is only "democrats" (and I see no efforts to ensure it's anyone else), there's your issue.

We won't know those answers until someone tries. "Only" isn't capable of working.

As I already noted, Roberts broached the subject but the rest of the court brushed him off. Or at least enough of them to make it a non starter.

That is something the people should not accept.

A friend…so what? He didn’t have a case before the court like you claimed. Had he, that might be an issue
If you can't see the problem here I can't help you. Actually, I think you can. You just won't admit to it. Making you disingenuous at best and blatantly dishonest at worst.

So a friend can’t bribe someone?
Of course they could. But going on vacation with a friend isn't a bribe....it's just going on vacation.

I don't live in the worlds of could haves, we live in a world of reality.,

Thus far, to my knowledge only one current justice set on a case involving a company that paid her millions....Justice Sotomayor....https://nypost.com/2023/05/04/supreme-court-justice-sonia-sotomayor-didnt-recuse-herself-from-cases-involving-book-publisher-that-paid-her-3m-report/

Justice Sonia Sotomayor didn’t recuse herself from cases involving publisher that paid her $3M: report​

We won't know those answers until someone tries. "Only" isn't capable of working.

As I already noted, Roberts broached the subject but the rest of the court brushed him off. Or at least enough of them to make it a non starter.

Well... bless your heart

This does approach separation of powers, attempting to enforce external standards on the judicial branch from the executive and legislative branches.

If you can't see the problem here I can't help you. Actually, I think you can. You just won't admit to it. Making you disingenuous at best and blatantly dishonest at worst.
Yeah, I don't live in dembot bigotied fantasy world, there is no problem with Thomas having a friend. Had the friend had a case before the court and he didn't recuse himself that might be a problem....just like it was a problem when Justice Sotomayor set on actual cases involving her book publisher that gave her millions....and you said nothing

Justice Sonia Sotomayor didn’t recuse herself from cases involving publisher that paid her $3M: report​

Of course they could. But going on vacation with a friend isn't a bribe....it's just going on vacation.

I don't live in the worlds of could haves, we live in a world of reality.,

Thus far, to my knowledge only one current justice set on a case involving a company that paid her millions....Justice Sotomayor....https://nypost.com/2023/05/04/supreme-court-justice-sonia-sotomayor-didnt-recuse-herself-from-cases-involving-book-publisher-that-paid-her-3m-report/

Thomas did a LOT more than “go on vacation with a friend”

His friend bought Thomas’ mother a house for instance

Yeah, I don't live in dembot bigotied fantasy world, there is no problem with Thomas having a friend. Had the friend had a case before the court and he didn't recuse himself that might be a problem....just like it was a problem when Justice Sotomayor set on actual cases involving her book publisher that gave her millions....and you said nothing

Which does nothing but point out the need for ethics reform

Forum List

Back