If obama wins in November look for a gun ban

Ever since Obama was elected to the White House, conservatives and gun enthusiasts have been screaming about how likely Barak Obama is to take away peoples firearms. People talk of the "Clinton ban" which restricted assault weapons in 1994 and claim another Democrat in the White House is bad news for gun owners.

But is this truthful? Are Democrats more for gun control than Republicans? We examine historical and recent legislation to reveal that a lot of what people are saying is total BS...

Reagan's administration passed more restrictive gun laws than any other administration (including the dubiously-named "Firearm Protection Act of 1986 which banned citizens owning automatic weapons without special permission). And the "Clinton ban" was actually named after Ronald Reagan's press secretary after James Brady was shot by a nutjob.

In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination," Nixon replied. According to Safire, Nixon went on to confess that, "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."

It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.

The Truth About Gun Control And Partisanship - BSAlert.com
Fast and the furious was not a new race team of the white house.

AND
The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Never mind the attempt to deflect, address the issues in post #274.

Then cite any pending legislation designed to reinstate the AWB, as only Congress can reauthorize the ban – Obama can’t do it alone with an EO.
Mrs Brady we must work under the radar for more gun control.

Letting people like you folks have guns is like giving dynamite to fools!!! Nobody needs a friggin' gun!!! Especially assault rifles.
When the cops and the secret service turns their guns in I will do the same
Clinton had his gun ban.

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

I'm thrilled!!!

I'm thrilled too I will be the last man on earth to have my guns. Well except for the thugs and murders and gang bangers.

It is an election year....time to bring out your "Obama is gunna take your guns" rhetoric

I suggest everyone send your hard earned money to the NRA. They are the only ones who can protect you

It is an election year....time to bring out your "Obama is gunna take your guns" rhetoric

I suggest everyone send your hard earned money to the NRA. They are the only ones who can protect you

Yes Mrs Brady we must work under the radar for gun control.

Some right wing wack job like Bribart actully address Repubs actions that restricted the access to guns?

ARE YOU FUKING KIDDING ME?

Not a chance these idiots would engage in a conversation that didn't back their fantasy.

Nice try though. And your info was very infomative. I didn't realize how anti gun Reagan was. Of course getting shot for no good reason might do that.

Same ol', same ol'. Campaign faltering, trop out 'Guns, God, and Gays'.

And present laws are so restrictive of what you can buy? Correct? How about 10,000 rounds of .50 cal. armor peircing incindiery machine gun ammo;

50 BMG Ammo Supply - 50 cal Ammunition for the rifle and machinegun"

Now every citizen should have a supply of those. Especially those that live in the flight path of a large urban airport, right?

Same ol', same ol'. Campaign faltering, trop out 'Guns, God, and Gays'.

And present laws are so restrictive of what you can buy? Correct? How about 10,000 rounds of .50 cal. armor peircing incindiery machine gun ammo;

50 BMG Ammo Supply - 50 cal Ammunition for the rifle and machinegun"

Now every citizen should have a supply of those. Especially those that live in the flight path of a large urban airport, right?

It's a dangerous world. You have to protect your family against marauding bandits and Grizzly Bears

Mrs Brady had her life forever changed by some idiot with a gun. She has earned the right to campaign against unrestricted access to weapons

Mrs. Brady has the confidence of far more Americans than the the wack militia nuts.

No one is coming to take my guns now or in the future. To suggest otherwise is idiocy.

Ever since Obama was elected to the White House, conservatives and gun enthusiasts have been screaming about how likely Barak Obama is to take away peoples firearms. People talk of the "Clinton ban" which restricted assault weapons in 1994 and claim another Democrat in the White House is bad news for gun owners.

But is this truthful? Are Democrats more for gun control than Republicans? We examine historical and recent legislation to reveal that a lot of what people are saying is total BS...

Reagan's administration passed more restrictive gun laws than any other administration (including the dubiously-named "Firearm Protection Act of 1986 which banned citizens owning automatic weapons without special permission). And the "Clinton ban" was actually named after Ronald Reagan's press secretary after James Brady was shot by a nutjob.

In 1969, journalist William Safire asked Richard Nixon what he thought about gun control. "Guns are an abomination," Nixon replied. According to Safire, Nixon went on to confess that, "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."

It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."

It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street." The law was aimed at stopping the Black Panthers, but affected all gun owners.

Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.

AND

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

The assault weapons ban has been backed by every president since Reagan and for good reason. When the second amendment was written, flintlocks were the weapon of the day. If you were good, you might be able get off 3 shots and 1 kill in a minute. With an assault rife you can fire 500 to 1000 rounds a minute, enough to wipe out an entire class of kids in seconds. I seriously doubt the founding fathers considered this when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

AND

The assault weapons ban has been backed by every president since Reagan and for good reason. When the second amendment was written, flintlocks were the weapon of the day. If you were good, you might be able get off 3 shots and 1 kill in a minute. With an assault rife you can fire 500 to 1000 rounds a minute, enough to wipe out an entire class of kids in seconds. I seriously doubt the founding fathers considered this when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

The assault weapons ban is unconstitutional

U.S. v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939). This is the only case in which the Supreme Court has had the opportunity to apply the Second Amendment to a federal firearms statute. The Court, however, carefully avoided making an unconditional decision regarding the statute's constitutionality; it instead devised a test by which to measure the constitutionality of statutes relating to firearms and remanded the case to the trial court for an evidentiary hearing (the trial court had held that Section 11 of the National Firearms Act was unconstitutional). The Court remanded to the case because it had concluded that:

In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense.
Thus, for the keeping and bearing of a firearm to be constitutionally protected, the firearm should be a militia-type arm.

The case also made clear that the militia consisted of "all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense" and that "when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time." In setting forth this definition of the militia, the Court implicitly rejected the view that the Second Amendment guarantees a right only to those individuals who are members of the militia. Had the Court viewed the Second Amendment as guaranteeing the right to keep and bear arms only to "all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense," it would certainly have discussed whether, on remand, there should also be evidence that the defendants met the qualifications for inclusion in the militia, much as it did with regard to the militia use of a short-barrelled shotgun.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

Mrs Brady had her life forever changed by some idiot with a gun. She has earned the right to campaign against unrestricted access to weapons

I don't give a fuck about her life being changed. She wants to live in a gun free zone move

Letting people like you folks have guns is like giving dynamite to fools!!! Nobody needs a friggin' gun!!! Especially assault rifles.
Clinton had his gun ban.

I'm thrilled!!!

Thanks for the heads up.................

Just ordered some more kits. For display purposes only :lol: :eusa_whistle:

Clinton had his gun ban.

I'm thrilled!!!

Thanks for the heads up.................

Just ordered some more kits. For display purposes only :lol: :eusa_whistle:
Here's your sign if she was your next door neighbor.
AntiGunNeighbour2O.jpg

:lol:

AND

U.S. v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939). This is the only case in which the Supreme Court has had the opportunity to apply the Second Amendment to a federal firearms statute. The Court, however, carefully avoided making an unconditional decision regarding the statute's constitutionality; it instead devised a test by which to measure the constitutionality of statutes relating to firearms and remanded the case to the trial court for an evidentiary hearing (the trial court had held that Section 11 of the National Firearms Act was unconstitutional). The Court remanded to the case because it had concluded that:

In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense.
Thus, for the keeping and bearing of a firearm to be constitutionally protected, the firearm should be a militia-type arm.

The case also made clear that the militia consisted of "all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense" and that "when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time." In setting forth this definition of the militia, the Court implicitly rejected the view that the Second Amendment guarantees a right only to those individuals who are members of the militia. Had the Court viewed the Second Amendment as guaranteeing the right to keep and bear arms only to "all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense," it would certainly have discussed whether, on remand, there should also be evidence that the defendants met the qualifications for inclusion in the militia, much as it did with regard to the militia use of a short-barrelled shotgun.

No, its' not and Reagan was for it.

According to the republicans, Democrats have always tried to ban guns. The constant repeat of such useless propaganda reminds me of the boy that cried wolf.

After awhile, no one is going to listen. Comeback when it is true, not when there are lefties idealizing their utopian views and make believe ideas about humanity

No, its' not and Reagan was for it.

How can you have a militia type weapon without having an assault weapon?

Forum List

Back