If only landowners voted, would we have a welfare state?

We have a republican form of government.
That's a meaningless distinction.
It's not meaningless. Republicanism was chosen over pure democracy for the express purpose of protecting your liberty. Checks and balances.

It seems you much prefer a monarchical form of government.

We abandoned a Republican form of government during the Civil War. The 17th Amendment cemented the change.
No we didn't. You're just making shit up. You vote for two Senators to represent your state at the federal level. That is Republicanism.

No it isn't.

People already had representation in their congressman. Senators were intended to represent the states.

Today, states have no representation in Washington.

You don't think that Wyoming or Alaska getting the same number of senators as New York or California amounts to STATE representation?

How about we have a written test to qualify to vote? Ask simple questions about politics and American history... that would throw 75%+ of Trump voters off of the rolls.
Probably cut out 50% of normal voters.
Most of the sheep are one issue voters anyways. Which, is a problem IMO.
If we never got rid of heavy voting requirements, it possibly would have never happened.

I really don't get how slavery could be removed as the singular issue of the war.

Slavery was not at issue when the South went independent. Abraham Lincoln only injected slavery in the war as a propaganda tool. Read carefully the Emancipation Proclamation.

Nonsense. Secession was precipitated by a whole set of events connected to the slavery issue. One was the election of Lincoln,

who the Southern slave interests believed was going to be a tool of the northern abolitionists and their agenda.

There was also a panic in the South created by John Brown's raid over the fear of widespread slave rebellions which had been Brown's intent.

And history goes on. Go read it.

The repeal of the fugitive slave act was added to the Republican party platform in 1859 due to escalating conflicts between northern abolitionists and the recovery agents.

The welfare state that is a termite in the foundation of the republic, imo, dates back just to LBJ. We have an entitlement for people who don't work so they and their offspring get food housing and better healthcare than many workers. And to get that healthcare entitlement, the 1960 dems took programs that had bipartisan support for the elderly poor and disabled, and put them in with non-workers. And not every dem bought in ... Moynihan.

Some posters to the left consider me to be on the right hand of Hitler, but even so, the welfare state doesn't have jack shite to do with to whom the franchise is granted.

That's a meaningless distinction.
It's not meaningless. Republicanism was chosen over pure democracy for the express purpose of protecting your liberty. Checks and balances.

It seems you much prefer a monarchical form of government.

We abandoned a Republican form of government during the Civil War. The 17th Amendment cemented the change.
No we didn't. You're just making shit up. You vote for two Senators to represent your state at the federal level. That is Republicanism.

No it isn't.

People already had representation in their congressman. Senators were intended to represent the states.

Today, states have no representation in Washington.
It's representative government regardless. Republicanism.

Representative, where congressmen represent people in House of Representatives (why they call it like that?), and senators represent states in Senate.

17th should be repealed.

I really don't get how slavery could be removed as the singular issue of the war.

Slavery was not at issue when the South went independent. Abraham Lincoln only injected slavery in the war as a propaganda tool. Read carefully the Emancipation Proclamation.

Nonsense. Secession was precipitated by a whole set of events connected to the slavery issue. One was the election of Lincoln,

who the Southern slave interests believed was going to be a tool of the northern abolitionists and their agenda.

There was also a panic in the South created by John Brown's raid over the fear of widespread slave rebellions which had been Brown's intent.

And history goes on. Go read it.

The repeal of the fugitive slave act was added to the Republican party platform in 1859 do to escalating conflicts between northern abolitionists and the recovery agents.
You THIEVES. (-:

And here I am formulating a plan to give some people a fair shake on their housing bill, because I think the price is just ridiculous.

$1950/mo for a 2/1? GFY

I'm thinking I can provide that for $650/mo

Fuck 'em, I'll compete with bare minimum profit.

People deserve better than that.

And here I am formulating a plan to give some people a fair shake on their housing bill, because I think the price is just ridiculous.

$1950/mo for a 2/1? GFY

People get supplemental nutrition assistance because housing and other costs are so high that there isn't money left for food. But keep bitching about their free shit.

$1950/mo for a 2/1? GFY

People get supplemental nutrition assistance because housing and other costs are so high that there isn't money left for food. But keep bitching about their free shit.

GFY, then come back when you come close to being on my level, obtuse faggot. Never happen.

You're a retard, full stop.

it is hard to buy a house now...i hear people talking about house payments over a grand or more...where as baby boomers valued buying a house ....i have lived in the same small house for 34 years and worked hard to pay it off...with that said my house payment was 375...

$1950/mo for a 2/1? GFY

GFY, then come back when you come close to being on my level, obtuse faggot. Never happen.

Tell us again how poor you are as you post at all hours on your nice internet. :laugh:

I'm just not quite retarded enough to hate people I'm no better off than simply because they have something I don't.

$1950/mo for a 2/1? GFY

Tell us again how poor you are as you post at all hours on your nice internet. :laugh:

I'm just not quite retarded enough to hate people I'm no better off than simply because they have something I don't.
I'm not against aid, just entitlements. If Marty rents to them, he's better than trump.

$1950/mo for a 2/1? GFY

I'm not against aid, just entitlements. If Marty rents to them, he's better than trump.

He was bitching yesterday that blacks and illegals received SNAP benefits and he didn't.
Today he's a crusader over housing costs. I simply reminded him that is a factor as to why people receive food aid. He went off. Fuck him.

$1950/mo for a 2/1? GFY

He was bitching yesterday that blacks and illegals received SNAP benefits and he didn't.
Today he's a crusader over housing costs. I simply reminded him that is a factor as to why people receive food aid. He went off. Fuck him.

You're an obtuse leftist shill douche.

You will never get to the next level.

No we didn't. Lincoln slaughtered 850,000 people to get rid of slavery.

The Civil War wasn't about slavery. Maybe you could sue your school for failing to educate you?

That's right.
It was purely about state's rights. Every right of a state except those pertaining to slavery.

The Civil War was ALL about slavery. Attempts to claim otherwise are ludicrous and sad, all at once.

Does the poster who put a laughie on this post want to debate me on the topic?

The Civil War wasn't about slavery. Maybe you could sue your school for failing to educate you?

That's right.
It was purely about state's rights. Every right of a state except those pertaining to slavery.

The Civil War was ALL about slavery. Attempts to claim otherwise are ludicrous and sad, all at once.

That's because you're an obtuse lemming that doesn't understand how things were.

Furthermore, your educators left out key components.

Yeah, you got screwed.

You're an obtuse leftist shill douche.

You will never get to the next level.

You're a bigot and a fraud.

That's right.

That's because you're an obtuse lemming that doesn't understand how things were.

Furthermore, your educators left out key components.

Yeah, you got screwed.

Secondary issues that did not in and of themselves constitute sufficient impetus to cause secession are irrelevant.

Forum List

Back