🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If polyamory is next, then polygamy isn't far behind

Kids come first in law; always and especially when their physical or mental needs are being threatened....even when adults have clear and concise Constitutional rights, they are shelved if children might come to harm in the exercise of them. Obergefell is about as clear as the Mississippi River after a Midwest flood event.

Exactly. That explains why divorce and single parents are illegal in this nation. :rolleyes:

Nope, divorce holds out the hope that the parents will remarry, and is granted reluctantly, keeping the mom and dad essentially still married via custody until the children are of age. Singles with kids: society holds out the hope they will marry and entices them to do so with tax breaks. Single parents aren't binding children away from either a mother or father for life as a matter of contract.

I notice you only included part of my quote. Shocker. Here's how the conversation was going:

If you read my earlier posts, you will see I said I have no problem with polygamy if it involves consenting adults. I just said I couldn't do it myself

Now...What about the children? <sob> <sob>

Don't they have a say in how many wives their father can have?

No, the States do, on their behalf. Just as the States do on their behalf of both a mother and father in marriage. You will see this issue come up in the next 2 years. Mark my words.

Noted also you think it's funny, the plight of children in all this. Your entire affect is "fuck the children, they'll do whatever weird fetish says they have to do! Adults come first!". Only that's not the way the Infant Doctrine reads; particularly when it comes to contracts with infants, expressed or implied..

Mark my words right here. You're going to see this issue in the courts. And, better brush up on 1982's New York vs Ferber in preparation.. With what I just said and a combination of US v Windsor 2013 & New York v Ferber 1982, you've got your work cut out for you.

Kids come first in law; always and especially when their physical or mental needs are being threatened....even when adults have clear and concise Constitutional rights, they are shelved if children might come to harm in the exercise of them. Obergefell is about as clear as the Mississippi River after a Midwest flood event.

Nope, divorce holds out the hope that the parents will remarry, and is granted reluctantly, keeping the mom and dad essentially still married via custody until the children are of age. Singles with kids: society holds out the hope they will marry and entices them to do so with tax breaks. Single parents aren't binding children away from either a mother or father for life as a matter of contract.

I notice you only included part of my quote. Shocker. Here's how the conversation was going:

If you read my earlier posts, you will see I said I have no problem with polygamy if it involves consenting adults. I just said I couldn't do it myself

No, the States do, on their behalf. Just as the States do on their behalf of both a mother and father in marriage. You will see this issue come up in the next 2 years. Mark my words.

Noted also you think it's funny, the plight of children in all this. Your entire affect is "fuck the children, they'll do whatever weird fetish says they have to do! Adults come first!". Only that's not the way the Infant Doctrine reads; particularly when it comes to contracts with infants, expressed or implied..

Mark my words right here. You're going to see this issue in the courts. And, better brush up on 1982's New York vs Ferber in preparation.. With what I just said and a combination of US v Windsor 2013 & New York v Ferber 1982, you've got your work cut out for you.

I have posted links to several studies that show children raised by homosexuals are not harmed. Do you have any scientific research showing different results?

I have posted links to several studies that show children raised by homosexuals are not harmed. Do you have any scientific research showing different results?

Yes, the link to amicus briefs in my signature where children raised by gays say that they were harmed by that and this study from the Prince's Trust 2010 Youth Survey of around 2,000 kids who as young adults reported that girls lacking a mother or boys lacking a father in life harmed them: PRINCE'S TRUST 2010 YOUTH INDEX SURVEY

You edited you post while I was responding, whiner. And by reluctantly granted you mean every time it is asked by the couple seeking a divorce. Funny how your mother/father standard doesn't apply to anyone but queers.

Meanwhile... gays are marring/raising their children in all 50 states and all you can do about it is stomp your feet and lie to yourself.

Last edited:

Yes, the link to amicus briefs in my signature where children raised by gays say that they were harmed by that and this study from the Prince's Trust 2010 Youth Survey of around 2,000 kids who as young adults reported that girls lacking a mother or boys lacking a father in life harmed them: PRINCE'S TRUST 2010 YOUTH INDEX SURVEY

Lies about The Prince's Trust. The classic do never die. lol

You edited you post while I was responding, whiner. And by reluctantly granted you mean every time it is asked by the couple seeking a divorce. Funny how your mother/father standard doesn't apply to anyone but queers.

Meanwhile... gays are marring/raising their children in all 50 states and all you can do stomp about it is stomp your feet and lie to yourself.
All you have said is that gays are raising dysfunctional kids in all 50 states. We already knew that.

Meanwhile... gays are marring/raising their children in all 50 states and all you can do stomp about it is stomp your feet and lie to yourself.
All you have said is that gays are raising dysfunctional kids in all 50 states. We already knew that.

You are free to be as delusional as Sil.

That study appears to address the same thing your poll did. And does not specifically address kids raised by same sex parents. While there are some things in common, it is not the same thing. One of the common traits of gays is an awareness of their feminine side. While this is not being a woman, it does allow for some of the same parenting skills a woman would have. The same goes for lesbians.

It certainly beats single parenthood.

Apparently what you think you know is wrong.

from: What We Know Blog | What does the scholarly research say about the wellbeing of children with gay or lesbian parents?

"Overview: We identified 78 scholarly studies that met our criteria for adding to knowledge about the wellbeing of children with gay or lesbian parents. Of those studies, 74 concluded that children of gay or lesbian parents fare no worse than other children. While many of the sample sizes were small, and some studies lacked a control group, researchers regard such studies as providing the best available knowledge about child adjustment, and do not view large, representative samples as essential. We identified four studies concluding that children of gay or lesbian parents face added disadvantages. Since all four took their samples from children who endured family break-ups, a cohort known to face added risks, these studies have been criticized by many scholars as unreliable assessments of the wellbeing of LGB-headed households. Taken together, this research forms an overwhelming scholarly consensus, based on over three decades of peer-reviewed research, that having a gay or lesbian parent does not harm children."

Having a feminine side does not make a man into a woman. That's ridiculous.

If gay parents do no harm to children, then there is no reason to rhink that multiple parents would harm children.

Here are reviews of 78 studies concerning same sex couples raising kids. 74 of them show no harm to the children. That would be almost 3/4 as many studies as you had respondents for your poll.

If gay parents do no harm to children, then there is no reason to rhink that multiple parents would harm children.

I don't see that multiple parents would necessarily harm children. Parents who divorce and remarry do that all the time. I have seen no movement to prevent divorced parents from remarrying.

Why would multiple parents harm children?

Is having more people love you a bad thing?

Here are reviews of 78 studies concerning same sex couples raising kids. 74 of them show no harm to the children. That would be almost 3/4 as many studies as you had respondents for your poll.

Well here's the interesting thing. It turns out that researchers found that asking the parents how the kids still in their home are doing or asking those kids while still under the influence of the parents in the home is not an accurate depiction of what's actually turning out of that home. That's why of the 2,000 or so young adults, freshly out of their homes where the girls lacked a mother (gay male marriage) or the boys lacked a father (lesbian marriage) reported a huge increase above their other peers raised with both mother and father on depression, drug use, indigence, a feeling of not belonging and even suicidal thoughts.

And the kids from the amicus brief in the link in my signature reported that people on the outside seeing the sanitized "studies" you mention have no clue of the real damage going on. Read their stories. You'll find it quite illuminating.. ‘Quartet of Truth’: Adult children of gay parents testify against same-sex ‘marriage’ at 5th Circuit

Here's a quote from one of them raised by gays:

While Klein classified her upbringing as abusive, Robert Oscar Lopez told the court that his own childhood upbringing by his mother and her longtime partner represented the “best possible conditions for a child raised by a same-sex couple.” Even so, Lopez testified that the lack of a father figure in his life, combined with the influence of the radical gay culture in which he was raised, gave rise to a devastating confusion about his own sexuality and ultimately led to his becoming a homosexual prostitute in his teen years in order to fulfill his craving for acceptance and love from older men.

“Had I been formally studied by same-sex parenting ‘experts’ in 1985, I would have confirmed their rosiest estimations of LGBT family life,” Lopez wrote. “[But b]ehind these façades of a happy ‘outcome’ lay many problems.”

“I experienced a great deal of sexual confusion,” Lopez wrote. “I had an inexplicable compulsion to have sex with older males … and wanted to have sex with older men who were my father’s age, though at the time I could scarcely understand what I was doing.”

I don't see that multiple parents would necessarily harm children. Parents who divorce and remarry do that all the time. I have seen no movement to prevent divorced parents from remarrying.
They should not have to remarry. Bring in other husbands and wives. That's what polygamy is all about.

They should not have to remarry. Bring in other husbands and wives. That's what polygamy is all about.

Polygamy is about bringing in other men and women to salvage a failed marriage? Where the hell did you get that definition?

Well here's the interesting thing. It turns out that researchers found that asking the parents how the kids still in their home are doing or asking those kids while still under the influence of the parents in the home is not an accurate depiction of what's actually turning out of that home. That's why of the 2,000 or so young adults, freshly out of their homes where the girls lacked a mother (gay male marriage) or the boys lacked a father (lesbian marriage) reported a huge increase above their other peers raised with both mother and father on depression, drug use, indigence, a feeling of not belonging and even suicidal thoughts.

And the kids from the amicus brief in the link in my signature reported that people on the outside seeing the sanitized "studies" you mention have no clue of the real damage going on. Read their stories. You'll find it quite illuminating.. ‘Quartet of Truth’: Adult children of gay parents testify against same-sex ‘marriage’ at 5th Circuit

While Klein classified her upbringing as abusive, Robert Oscar Lopez told the court that his own childhood upbringing by his mother and her longtime partner represented the “best possible conditions for a child raised by a same-sex couple.” Even so, Lopez testified that the lack of a father figure in his life, combined with the influence of the radical gay culture in which he was raised, gave rise to a devastating confusion about his own sexuality and ultimately led to his becoming a homosexual prostitute in his teen years in order to fulfill his craving for acceptance and love from older men.

“Had I been formally studied by same-sex parenting ‘experts’ in 1985, I would have confirmed their rosiest estimations of LGBT family life,” Lopez wrote. “[But b]ehind these façades of a happy ‘outcome’ lay many problems.”

“I experienced a great deal of sexual confusion,” Lopez wrote. “I had an inexplicable compulsion to have sex with older males … and wanted to have sex with older men who were my father’s age, though at the time I could scarcely understand what I was doing.”

And all 78 of the studies I posted rely solely on the parent's statements?

And the kids from the amicus brief in the link in my signature reported that people on the outside seeing the sanitized "studies" you mention have no clue of the real damage going on. Read their stories. You'll find it quite illuminating..

If your points were valid you would not have to buttress them with lies. The Prince's Trust study speaks of children lacking positive role models and in no way claims that those role models can only be found in parent. They can be a teacher, coach, pastor, uncle, family friend, or a plumber. The study in no way even studies parenting, same-sex or otherwise. Why do pretend that none of us have actually read the study your misrepresenting?

Last edited:

Here are some other quotes from children raised by same sex couples:

"You can imagine what my parents thought when I was 13 and listening to Rush Limbaugh every day. But my family had strong family values. I was raised in a loving, caring household that let me be a free thinker."
— Jesse Levey, a management consultant and self-identified Republican activist who is the only child of a lesbian couple who conceived him through artificial insemination, interview by CNN in 2009

"Our family really isn't so different from any other Iowa family. When I'm home we go to church together. We eat dinner. We go on vacations. But we have our hard times, too. … The sense of family comes from the commitment we make to each other to work through the hard times so we can enjoy the good ones. It comes from the love that binds us. That's what makes a family."
— Zach Wahls, a 19-year-old University of Iowa Student and sixth-generation Iowan who was conceived through artificial insemination and raised by two women, addressing the Iowa House of Representatives in 2011 during a debate over a measure to end civil unions in the state.

Forum List

Back