If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

What Rosa Parks has to do with anything previously said here is a mystery.

if you have problems with big business wanting immigrants, why do I care? You're the one screaming to let the markets decide, but you appear to not like the outcome.
I believe rosa parks is mentioned by the op.

I don't want the market to decide I want the business owner to decide. That's the point of owning a business.

So if the business says...We don't serve negroes here...you are OK with it

He'd also be ok with slavery and torture if the market demands it. No government never he pounds the table.

You have no room to talk about slavery, you demand it every day.
Taxes are LITERALLY SLAVERY GUYS.

Yep, so is the crap you're pushing here. Legitimate government paid for with legitimate taxes is one thing. Taxes to take the fruits of my labor to support another person against my will is involuntary servitude, AKA slavery.

Every mother should have paid leave.
Concerned, caring, bleeding heart parasites should fund it, like every other want they demand.

Easy

Such a highly educated population and all I ever see is hands held out like panhandlers.

Good god, what a waiste of educational resources.

Are you including all the companies that ask for and receive corporate welfare/tax breaks? How about the wealthy who ask for and receive tax breaks that 90 % of Americans don't get.
Why do you folks not care that you are getting ignored and are taken for a ride while those with $$$ are appeased?
Man, they sure have you folks trained.
Sit. Roll over. But don't speak if you want to be treated equally.

If Americans really cared, we'd pay for all food, all education, all toiletries, all clothing, all health care, all housing, all entertainment and all retirement for anyone who we determine are victims.

I'm just curious where we draw the line. I haven't seen those who "care" so much do that, even a bit.

There is no line, they get what they want today, they'll demand something else tomorrow.

Republicans oppose abortion

But if a pregnant worker needs time off to have a baby....that is her problem
No, but it certainly should be her husband's problem.

Good point

And if a family relies on two salaries to support themselves, losing the womans income or possibly her job due to pregnancy is a reason they may consider abortion

Now consider the options of a single mother

It's not society's responsibility to "consider the options of a single mother" or the pregnant but rather hers and her sperm donor.

Neither is it society's responsibility to pay for the actions, choices or mistakes of other adults.
Americans disagree.
The MAJORITY of Americans disagreed with "GAY" marriage. It was voted down in one state after another. It was the Federalist Judges who wouldn't uphold what Americans wanted.

The Republican Party still isn't getting it. The angry greedy white guy thing is over. The People don't want it. Republicans are at a point where most see them only worthy of ridicule and scorn. It's an old lame Archie Bunker Party at this point.
So, why are a majority of football teams and basketball teams a minority? Stew on that one...

The Republican Movement doesn't actually care about families or religion or patriotism or borders/language/culture or terrorists or the gay agenda. These are just populist instruments used to prod low-information voters.

Behind the culture war facade, behind the Islamo-fascist fear mongering, behind the concern for the nuclear family is a political movement that serves concentrated wealth.

Concentrated wealth - when it takes a corporate form - wants the cheapest possible labor costs. It doesn't want to pay the higher costs associated with supporting hard working families. Take a look at Walmart. Many of their workers struggle to pay for rent and food. They can't take care of their children. You can tell them to get another job, but this is our largest retail employer. Walmart defines the new paradigm. It's called "fuck the family", but sell them American Flags made in China; and put out a press release about your patriotism. This is the essence of the Republican Party. They are full of shit.

The Family Leave Act is a non-market value that puts the needs of individual families above the market's desire for maximum profit. The Republicans never side with actual poor hard working families at the level of policy. They only protect families at the level of marketing - talk radio, Fox, campaign speeches. They have think tanks who devise strategies and talking points to convince low-information voters that they care about The Family.

In reality, you have to go back to the liberal postwar years to find a policy environment that protects the American Family. In the 50s & 60s we had the highest wages/benefits in the world. Because we protected unions (which ensured higher wages/benefits) and because we had trade policies that made it harder for our capitalists to ship jobs to communist China, the father could support the family on just his wages/benefits. This allowed the mother to stay home and raise the kids.

But there was a problem. Corporations wanted even more profits. They wanted subsidies and patent protection from the government, but they didn't want any corresponding obligation to families. They didn't want to be obligated to protect rivers (drinking water) from pollution. They only wanted profit for the few (and bailouts when they fucked up).

So they found a charismatic actor in 1980 who would profess a concern for families when the camera was on, but who would ultimately help corporations fuck hard working families when the camera was off.

Republicans have always claimed to care about Families and Nation, but this has always been a marketing gimmick. They exist only to help the rich get richer at our expense. They have contempt for families.
Damn what a beautiful post.

Most times birth control is effective

That is why we should make it readily available and cheap/free

SEE, THIS is the B$ I have a problem with....just like with the headlines today about how OBAMA is going to pay for a new program to give free housing, food, education, and legal services to illegals, NOTHING is 'free', and OBAMA ain't paying for 'Shi'ite! NOTHING! It's all MY money and YOUR money, right out of OUR pockets.

- If ya want to have sex, get a job and PAY for a pack of condoms!

- If ya choose to have sex and get pregnant, YOU pay for the abortion if you choose to have one.

- Single mothers, the govt should step in and help pay for your 1st illegitimate child...and give you an education on how not to have another and a warning NOT to have another because tax payers aren't going to be paying for any more of your kids....

- If you have any more you can't afford the govt should step in and take the kids for their own sake

- If you have any more out of wedlock that you can't afford the govt should take them too and then sterilize you.

The govt should stop teaching 4th graders how to perform oral sex, how to masturbate, and how having 2 daddies is ok, especially since our education system blows...Johnny can't READ when he gets out of school, but he knows how to masturbate, how to orally please someone, and has a pocket full of 'free' condoms'! Good grief!

STOP teaching sex in schools - they've got that down pat now. How about teaching them some restraint and personal accountability?!

Its OUR money and We the People, as a society, pay the price for a lack of birth control

More unwanted children, more abortions, more burdens on families, more burden on the school system, more welfare

Open access to low cost birth control benefits society....pay me now or pay me more later

Yes…you are right…..we should adopt China's one child policy…….good for you…let your inner fascist out….
I prefer open access to cheap birth control, sex education, mothers right to choose abortion and assistance for those who would struggle to raise a child

The Republican Party still isn't getting it. The angry greedy white guy thing is over. The People don't want it. Republicans are at a point where most see them only worthy of ridicule and scorn. It's an old lame Archie Bunker Party at this point.
So, why are a majority of football teams and basketball teams a minority? Stew on that one...
The old Harlem Globetrotters standby

SEE, THIS is the B$ I have a problem with....just like with the headlines today about how OBAMA is going to pay for a new program to give free housing, food, education, and legal services to illegals, NOTHING is 'free', and OBAMA ain't paying for 'Shi'ite! NOTHING! It's all MY money and YOUR money, right out of OUR pockets.

- If ya choose to have sex and get pregnant, YOU pay for the abortion if you choose to have one.

- Single mothers, the govt should step in and help pay for your 1st illegitimate child...and give you an education on how not to have another and a warning NOT to have another because tax payers aren't going to be paying for any more of your kids....

- If you have any more you can't afford the govt should step in and take the kids for their own sake

- If you have any more out of wedlock that you can't afford the govt should take them too and then sterilize you.

The govt should stop teaching 4th graders how to perform oral sex, how to masturbate, and how having 2 daddies is ok, especially since our education system blows...Johnny can't READ when he gets out of school, but he knows how to masturbate, how to orally please someone, and has a pocket full of 'free' condoms'! Good grief!

STOP teaching sex in schools - they've got that down pat now. How about teaching them some restraint and personal accountability?!

Its OUR money and We the People, as a society, pay the price for a lack of birth control

More unwanted children, more abortions, more burdens on families, more burden on the school system, more welfare

Open access to low cost birth control benefits society....pay me now or pay me more later

Yes…you are right…..we should adopt China's one child policy…….good for you…let your inner fascist out….
I prefer open access to cheap birth control, sex education, mothers right to choose abortion and assistance for those who would struggle to raise a child
And I prefer that people would at least to try to obey God commandments and the world would be a better place. And there would be a place for the likes of Captain Kangaroo on the TV once again.

Why not let children work in factories, underpaid and over worked? Let the market decide, works for the third world.

That is exactly what the republican tea party wants...These bastards want to destroy all the protections and regulations that have built this nation over the last 150 years.

Evil is what they're. As simply they wouldn't care if this country looks like central America as long as the rich got theirs.

Where is there time for maternity leave????

There are 365 days this year.

There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work.

Since you spend 16 hours each day away from work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available.

You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break. That accounts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available.

With a one hour lunch period each day, you have used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work.

You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days available for work.

We are off for 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days.

We generously give you 14 days vacation per year which leaves only one day available for work and I'll be damned if you're going to take that day off!

Yeah, fuck those bitches! Gettin pregnant an shit. That shit's their problem.

How the hell did this country thrive for over 200 years without this?

Good god

I know, we don't need no stinking progress.

And far fewer idiots that can't think their way out of a wet paper bag.

Progress is less, not more regulations

That is exactly what the republican tea party wants...These bastards want to destroy all the protections and regulations that have built this nation over the last 150 years.

Evil is what they're. As simply they wouldn't care if this country looks like central America as long as the rich got theirs.

Where is there time for maternity leave????

There are 365 days this year.

There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work.

Since you spend 16 hours each day away from work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available.

You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break. That accounts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available.

With a one hour lunch period each day, you have used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work.

You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days available for work.

We are off for 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days.

We generously give you 14 days vacation per year which leaves only one day available for work and I'll be damned if you're going to take that day off!

Yeah, fuck those bitches! Gettin pregnant an shit. That shit's their problem.

How the hell did this country thrive for over 200 years without this?

Good god

I know, we don't need no stinking progress.

Yep,

I could say the same about slavery, child labor and clean air standards. But we're all better for it.

None of which has a thing to do with the subject at hand.

And I prefer that people would at least to try to obey God commandments and the world would be a better place. And there would be a place for the likes of Captain Kangaroo on the TV once again.
Who said a woman seeking maternity leave is breaking any of Gods commandments?

Such a highly educated population and all I ever see is hands held out like panhandlers.

Are you including all the companies that ask for and receive corporate welfare/tax breaks? How about the wealthy who ask for and receive tax breaks that 90 % of Americans don't get.
Why do you folks not care that you are getting ignored and are taken for a ride while those with $$$ are appeased?

I friggin hate pregnant corporations.

Can't they control thier deviant compulsions!

If Dems believed in freedom and America, they'd stop demanding the government use tyranny to get their way.

but they don't, they hate, absolutely hate, freedom and America.
Paid leave is tyranny? I guess every other country is suffering then, OH GOD, THE PAID LEAVE, IT'S LITERALLY KILLING US. LOL.
It's over your head, I know, you're a leftist are are unable to think for yourself.

When the government passes a law, they force people to follow it. So when the government passes a law that forces businesses to pay people to not work, big business loses competition since the small biz is having a harder time competing.

That's as simple an explanation I can give you, I know you didn't understand though.

its always funny seeing rightwnigut sheeple say that liberals don't think for themselves.

hint... I know I think for myself. and the conclusion is that rightwingnuts are just that.... nuts

then I think you should do as you believe.

and leave everyone else alone.

I friggin hate pregnant corporations.

Can't they control thier deviant compulsions!

have you always been this stupid? or did your cognitive difficulties occur later in life?

Who said a woman seeking maternity leave is breaking any of Gods commandments?
No one! She just shouldn't expect to get paid for that benefit, anymore than a soldier should get paid by his employer while he is away at boot camp. But his job is still open when he returns..................................

Okay first off many companies already offer parental leave to both parents, mine does. We didn't need the dumb ass government to force us to offer it. Second, what makes you think other companies that are not as well off financially can just shit money out their ass to pay for this benefit? Libs seem to assume companies are greedily hoarding a huge supply of money when in fact many companies struggle and historically thousands of companies big and small have gone bust.

If the libs want to ensure that the only companies that survive their socialist agenda are the big corporations, well just keep passing more and more regulations. Hey I told you before the left is retarded.

Many marginal companies do go bust
Not a reason to sacrifice worker protections. Should we waive the 40 hour week and overtime for companies that are struggling?

That is some liberal idiocy right there ^^^

It is the way the civilized world works. Unchecked capitalism is not in the best interests of the public
Unchecked capitalism was the reason government grew in the first place, in Europe, in Latin America, in Canada.. These "free market" worshippers who claim the market will fix itself are stupid.

No….unchecked government growth is why government grew. You keep giving politicians more money and power, and they keep increasing the size of government. Capitalism has nothing to do with that. And yes, the market, left alone by politicians will fix itself. It always has. When the politicians try to "fix" things, that is when we get the great depression that we can't get out of.

The Federal government has spent more money each and ever year since the late 1950's, even as population growth decreased. Its like my local school district, there are 500 fewer students in the district compared with 2 years ago yet they want a huge increase over the previous budget. Something fishy there.

Many marginal companies do go bust
Not a reason to sacrifice worker protections. Should we waive the 40 hour week and overtime for companies that are struggling?

That is some liberal idiocy right there ^^^

It is the way the civilized world works. Unchecked capitalism is not in the best interests of the public
Unchecked capitalism was the reason government grew in the first place, in Europe, in Latin America, in Canada.. These "free market" worshippers who claim the market will fix itself are stupid.

No….unchecked government growth is why government grew. You keep giving politicians more money and power, and they keep increasing the size of government. Capitalism has nothing to do with that. And yes, the market, left alone by politicians will fix itself. It always has. When the politicians try to "fix" things, that is when we get the great depression that we can't get out of.

The Federal government has spent more money each and ever year since the late 1950's, even as population growth decreased. Its like my local school district, there are 500 fewer students in the district compared with 2 years ago yet they want a huge increase over the previous budget. Something fishy there.
Care to mention that reagan tripled the national debt and that bush invaded the wrong country?

Forum List

Back