If State Legislators/Governor Won't Enact Rent Control, Vote Them Out

It is NOT the job of Government to help you find or afford housing. Housing is NOT a Right.

Nor is it the job of the Government to restrict what a private business can charge for its services or products.

Open an apartment complex then. It must be really really easy, right?
Interesting how so many (probably landlords) are coming in here and whining about the poor landlords, and all their increased cots (so they say). Not much thought being tossed around about the residents suddenly getting $96/mo yanked out of their pockets, MONTHLY, and what impact this is on THEM.

Interesting how so many (probably landlords) are coming in here and whining about the poor landlords, and all their increased cots (so they say). Not much thought being tossed around about the residents suddenly getting $96/mo yanked out of their pockets, MONTHLY, and what impact this is on THEM.
I’m sure your Trump tax cut more than covered that $96.

You are the one that's acting the whiney bitch over $96 bucks.....Jeez.

Inflation is hurting everyone They are passing that cost on to the consumer. This is the reality of a Nation falling.

Why did you stay in higher cost Florida. We WARNED YOU THIS WAS COMING?

Renters and leftists go together like peas-n-carrots.
Bullshit. Most people in my building (108 units) are retired, senior citizen, military veterans, and Republicans, same as me. And the donation$$ I've ben giving to my local Republican party (as well as ASPCA, Wounded Warriors, & Shriners) will now stop, and that money will now be going to my LANDLORD. :doubt:

We've been through this topic before. However, that wasn't when I received a $96/month rent increase. For seniors, retired and barely surviving on Social Security and a pension, rent increases like $96/month (I just received one), are devastating & demoralizing.

Here we are looking for ways to increase our income, cut our costs, and along comes the dear landlord with a $96/month takeaway (less than a month advance notice).

This is like going put on the street and being mugged for $96, once a month, every month, ongoing.

People, stop crabbing about gas prices. Stop crabbing about food prices, clothing, cell phones. Those are all trivial compared to your MOST EXPENSIVE, CONSTANTLY ONGOING EXPENSE, which is HOUSING. Gas, food, et al stuff isn't going up $96/month.

You get a letter stuck in your door whining about "operational costs", and just like that, your annual operational budget is $1,152 less. Of course this letter doesn't specify what these so-called "operational costs" are, nor offer any proof that they even exist. For all we know this rent increase might be nothing more than somebody (who we never see, don't know their name) wanting more money to buy something like this >>
View attachment 928464
There is only one way to top this madness. Republicans & Democrats need to join together and enact rent control (with roll backs to 2015 levels). Over the last few years, I have seen housing rents skyrocket like nothing before in my lifetime. I moved twice to void massive rent increases, but they keep on coming, with nothing stopping them.

I recommend we call "our" state legislators & governors, and demand rent control laws, with no increases above $50/month allowed. If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.
Do you Marxist much?

Then don’t rent. Move back in with your parents. Get roommates or buy a home.
None of those are possible for low income seniors. Buy a home with a monthly payment of less than $1014/mo ? And moving costs ? Home maintenance costs ?

Bullshit. Most people in my building (108 units) are retired, senior citizen, military veterans, and Republicans, same as me. And the donation$$ I've ben giving to my local Republican party (as well as ASPCA, Wounded Warriors, & Shriners) will now stop, and that money will now be going to my LANDLORD. :doubt:
This is starting to sound like a RERUN from years ago.

Elwction season. Even the 108 number sounds famuliar. You were being evicted back then I think.

Smells

You get a letter stuck in your door whining about "operational costs", and just like that, your annual operational budget is $1,152 less. Of course this letter doesn't specify what these so-called "operational costs" are, nor offer any proof that they even exist. For all we know this rent increase might be nothing more than somebody (who we never see, don't know their name) wanting more money to buy something like this >>
1712492041435.png

And if it is, what is illegal about that?

None of those are possible for low income seniors. Buy a home with a monthly payment of less than $1014/mo ? And moving costs ? Home maintenance costs ?
The Law of the Seven P’s; Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

If they didn’t plan ahead, they get exactly what they deserve. I tell all the younger people I know… assume there will be No government assistance at all when you retire. Prepare to do for yourself, not rely on others.

This is starting to sound like a RERUN from years ago.

Elwction season. Even the 108 number sounds famuliar. You were being evicted back then I think.

Smells
These posts are getting more & more stupid by the minute. I've never been evicted, you :ahole-1:

The Law of the Seven P’s; Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

If they didn’t plan ahead, they get exactly what they deserve. I tell all the younger people I know… assume there will be No government assistance at all when you retire. Prepare to do for yourself, not rely on others.
Life doesnt work that way.

Forum List

Back