If State Legislators/Governor Won't Enact Rent Control, Vote Them Out

YOU are the bullshit. Life is much more complicated than your simplistic depiction
Life sucks and then you die. Get used to it. Prepare for it. Don’t let it win.
Ex. it want my choice or action to be discriminated against by Affirmative Action racism, thereby wrecking my college work and potential career
Been there and done that myself. I lost out on several very potentially lucrative jobs due to AA. I turned down a low six figure job because I wouldn’t work for a woman. So instead I made myself irreplaceable to my employer and I’m about to get a promotion I don’t technically have the educational qualifications for because I’m the only one in the department who can do the work. It will include a 20% raise and still allow me to collect OT.

Again, I made no claim about what the owner needs . Also again (and I'll say this 100 times if necessary) >> " If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.

Look how fast he went from Trump to Bernie.

Protectionist wants his rent to remain flat. Doesn’t think the workers, the utility company, the city he lives in (taxes) and anyone else has increased costs that need funded.

Plus get social security and VA Pension.

Face it, some people can’t be helped, and brag about their stupidity

What makes the OP believe it’s the job/responsibility of the GOVERNMENT to have any say in the cost of housing?

HARMS of Illegal Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).
2. Wage reduction.
3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).
4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($148 Billion/year). Remittance flows worldwide in 2017
5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.
6. Increased crime.
7. Increased traffic congestion.
8. Increased pollution.
9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.
10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.
11. Overcrowding in government offices.
12. Overcrowding in schools.
13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.
14. Cultural erosion.
15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)
16. Introduction of foreign diseases
17. Influx of terrorists.
18. Wildfires
19. Litter
20. Housing saturation.
21. Excessively high housing costs.
Hell, that says it all about those damn yankees moving down from the northeast..

We are all losing ground. It was not however unexpected, and if this surprises you, then you are presenting yourself as a dolt.

We told you that shutting down the economy would cause inflation when it opened up. No surprise when it happened.

We told you that the push for green policies would increase costs to everything. No surprise it happened.

We told you that the push to increase wages would increase wages. No surprise costs went up when the wages increased.

Did you actually think you would be immune to these and many more issues we told you would increase costs?

People like you are the reason these costs increased that result in higher rent.

You should never ever be listened to again.
You left out the cost of hurricanes since he lives in Florida.

Last edited:
What was your monthly rent. What is it now. When was the last increase.

Facts matter.
I already stated that. Read the thread. 3 years ago I paid $600/mo for a 1 bdrm apt. They raised it to $850. I moved out & that apt is now $1400/mo.

When I moved in here, I paid $770/mo. Now it's $1014.
Last increase was now > May1, 2024.

Anything else, Mr Question Mark ?

You sure whine like a leftist.
Looks like most of the whining is being done by you sympathy seeking landlords. Well you wont get any sympathy. You are the most despicable, filthy, rotten, scumbuckets in America, who ought to be taken put and shot.

Oh youve got so many "operational costs you need to cover, right ? BULLSHIT! Never in my entire life (I'm 77 years old) have I seen housing rents skyrocket so much, and so fast.

Sure, Biden sent us his planeloads of illegal aliens, and that lowered the supply of apartments, but you turds took full advantage of it in unprecedented greed.

Looks like most of the whining is being done by you sympathy seeking landlords. Well you wont get any sympathy. You are the most despicable, filthy, rotten, scumbuckets in America, who ought to be taken put and shot.

If it walks like a leftist, and talks like a leftist, ...

. This might be the fastest moving thread I've ever seen, and it is the result of a mob of landlords foaming at the mouth, and losing the hair over the mere mention of the words "rent control"

It's time to put these rogues into the economic straitjackets they belong in, with $50/month maximum rent increases. Vote for the people who advocate this. Vote the other creeps out.

Last edited:

Oh youve got so many "operational costs you need to cover, right ? BULLSHIT! Never in my entire life (I'm 77 years old) have I seen housing rents skyrocket so much, and so fast.

Sure, Biden sent us his planeloads of illegal aliens, and that lowered the supply of apartments, but you turds took full advantage of it in unprecedented greed.
Well if you are 77 then you should know how life works by now....If not it just sucks to be you.

In fact I think I'm going to fire you....I don't need you cluttering-up my alert feed.

R.261eb8bec268184f72291ce0d813862b

Rent control seldom works well. It normally ends up with tenements full of rats and roaches. Landlords stop absorbing losses and abandon the property or lose it to fire. The first step to meaningful rent control should be property tax control. How likely is that to happen?

Forum List

Back