If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
No matter who or how many have the personal opinion that Cruz cannot run for president or serve as president, the fact is that he can.

Rather than kicking the eligibility can all over the planet by dismissing actions on technicalities, the court should just rule on the issue.

Actually, the facts are that he CAN'T run. And as I said in the OP, it bums me out. I was looking to vote for the guy possibly. He was one of my top four picks anyway. If a US mom can drop a kid who is a natural born citizen of another country, then a US dad can sire a kid dropped on foreign soil as a natural born citizen of another country. Everyone knows what "natural born" is. You can't pull the wool over the method upon which most nations define new citizenship by birth. So, as easily as a US mom drops a Canadian baby is as easy as a US dad sires an Iranian baby. Neither are eligible to become POTUS. Senator, perhaps, upon naturalization. But naturalization is not "natural born". This is common household knowledge stuff here. Which is why it stuns me he was ever allowed to run...

So, as easily as a US mom drops a Canadian baby is as easy as a US dad sires an Iranian baby. Neither are eligible to become POTUS. Senator, perhaps, upon naturalization.

When was Cruz naturalized? What did he have to do to be naturalized? Any naturalization paperwork?
He was naturalized a Citizen (not natural born Citizen)by statute at his birth, U.S. Code 1401 via the 14th Amendment, an amendment that is absent of the words 'natural born Citizen'.
Wow that was stupid. ... not just wrong but even the wrong amendment quoted.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Oh really, then elaborate which Amendment confers naturalization Citizenship thru statute 8 U.S. Code 1401?
The articles not amendment. They clearly give power to congress to make laws regarding this and law says he is a citizen by birth ....

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Seems so silly in Obama's post-constitutional America to be raising constitutional questions.

Don't you agree?

Meanwhile, it's so much fun to rub the noses of those liberals who contrived the derogatory term "birfer" in their own shit.

Right all you anti-Cruz birfers? Proud of your handiwork these days?

This issue is not governed by the Constitution, it is an issue addressed in Immigration code and regulations.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada to a parent who is a U.S. citizen. That makes him a natural born citizen. Anyone who makes an issue of this is engaged in Democratic propaganda.
Wrong. I'm dead in the center and you ignored my points about a man siring a child in a foreign country and that child therefore being "a natural born US Citizen" and able to run for president. Can't you see the potential for trouble here? I think we should revisit the reason the founding fathers said a president must be natural born on US soil. That's a consideration of where their imprinted allegiance lies..

Before a law is changed, the reason for its original writing should come into the discussion.

There is no mention of 'born on US soil' in the Constitution.

So, born IN THE US are CITIZENS seems pretty damn conclusive and those NOT BORN IN the US or Naturalized in the US are NOT CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES.

"The U.S. Constitution uses but does not define the phrase "natural born Citizen", and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. The consensus of early 21st-century constitutional and legal scholars, together with relevant case law, is that natural-born citizens include, subject to exceptions, those born in the United States, and perhaps those born elsewhere if they meet the legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth".
Kruz was born in Dec, 1970
His Mother was born in 1934 and had lived in the US for 23 years before Ted Kruz was born.
For persons born between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true.
1. The person's parents were married at the time of birth
2. One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person was born
3. The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child's birth;
4. A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.

No matter who or how many have the personal opinion that Cruz cannot run for president or serve as president, the fact is that he can.

Rather than kicking the eligibility can all over the planet by dismissing actions on technicalities, the court should just rule on the issue.

Actually, the facts are that he CAN'T run. .

The fact is that he is running.

And you have shown once again you have no idea what a fact is.

Let's be real. The liberals gassing on about this Cruz's birther nonsense are mostly doing so to give the Obama birthera a taste of their own medicine. It's funny that people seem to be only focusing on liberals despite the GOP candidates raising questions about his eligibility as well.

Either way, Cruz is eligible to be President. Get over it. Or don't.

Ted Cruz was born as a citizen of the USA. Period.

He did not have to get a passport and immigrate here.

This has been reviewed ad nauseum. If he had been born in Canada to a mother who was not a citizen it would be different.

Even if the moonbat messiah had been born in Kenya, he would still be a citizen. I loathe the air that meat muppet queer steals from us, but the arguement is moot. His birth is only shady because he was Frank Marshal Davis' bastard son, not the son of a Kenya exchange student.

I suggest the literal translation of the 14th Amendment (Sec. 1) solves the argument:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside".

"Born in" seems to be the clincher.

"Born in" seems to be the clincher.

If only it said all others were excluded, you'd have a point.

Your rebuttal makes no sense.

Did it say no others are citizens, ever? That's what excluded means.
Do you feel they intended children of citizens, born abroad for whatever reason, to be any less of a citizen?

This issue is not governed by the Constitution, it is an issue addressed in Immigration code and regulations.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada to a parent who is a U.S. citizen. That makes him a natural born citizen. Anyone who makes an issue of this is engaged in Democratic propaganda.
Wrong. I'm dead in the center and you ignored my points about a man siring a child in a foreign country and that child therefore being "a natural born US Citizen" and able to run for president. Can't you see the potential for trouble here? I think we should revisit the reason the founding fathers said a president must be natural born on US soil. That's a consideration of where their imprinted allegiance lies..

Before a law is changed, the reason for its original writing should come into the discussion.

So, born IN THE US are CITIZENS seems pretty damn conclusive and those NOT BORN IN the US or Naturalized in the US are NOT CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES.

and those NOT BORN IN the US or Naturalized in the US are NOT
CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES.

Where in the Constitution does it say that?

Trump is a liar and as instigator. He started this crap and then he says, "but that's what I've heard." He is stoking the flames of a lie, just like he tried to deny Obama is a citizen. I have never seen such a scum bucket as Donald. He cannot be believed if his lips are moving. I hope the Dems dig up so much garbage on this liar that he withdraws and then moves to Russia, eventually marrying Putin.

This crap started a long time before Trump ever mentioned it.

But Trump sure is enjoying fanning the flames

Trump is a liar and as instigator. He started this crap and then he says, "but that's what I've heard." He is stoking the flames of a lie, just like he tried to deny Obama is a citizen. I have never seen such a scum bucket as Donald. He cannot be believed if his lips are moving. I hope the Dems dig up so much garbage on this liar that he withdraws and then moves to Russia, eventually marrying Putin.

All that wind and his hair never moves. Could it be plastic?:badgrin:

That is true, but I listened to part of his argument and agreed with him. It went something like this. Trump: If I were to pick Ted Kruz as my VP, he would spend a lot of time in court when they file law suits questioning his citizenship. That is also true.

That is true, but I listened to part of his argument and agreed with him. It went something like this. Trump: If I were to pick Ted Kruz as my VP, he would spend a lot of time in court when they file law suits questioning his citizenship. That is also true.

The suit has been filed and will be dismissed.

Should have been NOT Naturalized in the US to be clear.

The trouble with that analogy is that it violates the intent

Blah, blah, blah.

What you just said was "it violates the intent of the founding fathers, the Constitution and key questions of loyalty re: natural born citizens and the POTUS position....blah blah blah..."

Your reverence for our foundations in Law is underwhelming.. Bear in mind I WANTED to vote for Ted Cruz. The lax attitudes about the foundation of American law are killing this country. The RNC should have known this candidate would be challenged; particularly because they made such a fuss over Obama who could produce a Hawaiian birth certificate. Why couldn't they have found a Ted Cruz equivalent born on American soil? Why? All Cruz can produce, upon certain challenge, is a CANADIAN birth certificate...

Of course the RNC could recover credibility, and so could Cruz if they were all openly honest and expressed reverence for due process even when it was something they desperately wanted the opposite of (Cruz to be President). They would gain the respect of middle voters with their honesty and still find an acceptable man in the race to do the #1 spot

Ted Kruz was born in Dec, 1970
His Mother was born in 1934 and had lived in the US for 23 years before Ted Kruz was born.
For persons born between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true.
3. The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child's birth;
4. A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.

LINK?

The trouble with that analogy is that it violates the intent

Blah, blah, blah.

What you just said was "it violates the intent of the founding fathers, the Constitution and key questions of loyalty re: natural born citizens and the POTUS position....blah blah blah..."

Your reverence for our foundations in Law is underwhelming.. Bear in mind I WANTED to vote for Ted Cruz. The lax attitudes about the foundation of American law are killing this country. The RNC should have known this candidate would be challenged; particularly because they made such a fuss over Obama who could produce a Hawaiian birth certificate. Why couldn't they have found a Ted Cruz equivalent born on American soil? Why? All Cruz can produce, upon certain challenge, is a CANADIAN birth certificate...

Of course the RNC could recover credibility, and so could Cruz if they were all openly honest and expressed reverence for due process even when it was something they desperately wanted the opposite of (Cruz to be President). They would gain the respect of middle voters with their honesty and still find an acceptable man in the race to do the #1 spot

Ted Kruz was born in Dec, 1970

LINK?

United States nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could get you the statute in the US Code, but I will let you look up something.

And why would Trump care? LOL- if Trump actually cared he could just not pick Cruz as VP- certainly he wouldn't do so after spending months and months reminding voters that Cruz was not born in the United States and might not be eligible.

Trump is using this issue to remind the 'proud Conservative Americans' that Cruz was born in Canada to a Cuban father......and let the biases of those 'proud Conservative Americans' do the rest.

And why would Trump care? LOL- if Trump actually cared he could just not pick Cruz as VP- certainly he wouldn't do so after spending months and months reminding voters that Cruz was not born in the United States and might not be eligible.

Trump is using this issue to remind the 'proud Conservative Americans' that Cruz was born in Canada to a Cuban father......and let the biases of those 'proud Conservative Americans' do the rest.

I had not heard Trump mention this until quite recently. Most Conservative Americans like Cubans since a lot of them vote Republican. At least we don't have to worry about those 'proud Liberal Americans' having any biases do we? You liberals are the assholes dissing Ted Kruz.

Sorry girls.

Obama rules are in effect.

The very thread title labels the perp as a BIRFER and to be fair game for ridicule.

Since Cruz wasn't born in the United States, Obama's citizenship has no relevance to Cruz's.

I had not heard Trump mention this until quite recently. Most Conservative Americans like Cubans since a lot of them vote Republican. At least we don't have to worry about those 'proud Liberal Americans' having any biases do we? You liberals are the assholes dissing Ted Kruz.

Trump has been talking about this since at least 2013

Karl asked Trump if the Canadian-born Cruz was eligible for the office. (Cruz’s mother is an American citizen.)
“If he was born in Canada, then perhaps not,” Trump said. “That will be ironed out. I don’t know the circumstances. If he says he was born in Canada, that’s his thing.”

Now you have 'liberals' like Ann Coulter going full Birther on Cruz.

But it is fun watching assholes like you and Trump fight over Kruz.

Forum List

Back