If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much like a dog at the track can never run fast enough to catch the mechanical rabbit, the minumum wage will never catch up with the prices as they will simply rise with the minumum wage.

Prices do not rise because of wages!

Prices ALLWAYS rise before wages & only because of expanding money!

If prices don't increase because of wage increases, then who pays the money for those wage increases?

The prices already increased when money was lent or printed into existence & tax cuts so the owner has had a windfall of profits a year or 2 before wages increase. The wage increase comes out of his profits!

The prices already increased when money was lent or printed into existence

I just borrowed money to buy a new house.

How much inflation did my mortgage cause? Please show your math.

You drove up house prices & demand as soon as you paid the seller with that money borrowed out of thin air. The seller then took that money & drove up the price & demand buying their next home!

Price inflation is always created when fractional reserve money is borrowed. Deflation happens when the loan is defaulted on or paid back. In the USA wages only rise as a result inflation, they NEVER cause inflation.

You drove up house prices & demand as soon as you paid the seller

You're confused, he drove down prices and demand when he sold to me.

with that money borrowed out of thin air.

Thin air? You're confused, every bank loan is fully funded.

Price inflation is always created when fractional reserve money is borrowed.

What if demand for money rises 2% but fractional reserve borrowing only increases the money supply 1%?

People don't open up or expand businesses to provide jobs that give employees the ability to buy those things. If you want those things, you need to get into a field of work that will provide those things. People invest money in business to provide services or products at a profit--their profit.

Take a company--any company that you feel underpays their workers. Now open up a similar business and pay your workers more wages and benefits. Which company do you think will close down within a few years, yours or theirs?

Businesses do nothing more than we American consumers. We look for the cheapest products or services we can find. If you get three estimates to have the transmission in your car rebuilt, you generally will take the lowest bid. You don't ask the transmission place what they pay their mechanics, what kind of benefits they provide, if their mechanics have the ability to buy new cars every five years or purchase a home. You just care about getting the work you needed done for the lowest price.

This is bullshit Ray. Even if you get an education and become a professional, or open your own business and live off the work of others, the economy still needs people to flip burgers, deliver pizzas and clean office buildings. If everybody opens a business or becomes a professional, who is going to do these low wage jobs? These people are entitled to a decent wage for a decent day's work.

There are a lot more workers than there are business owners or professionals, and while all jobs shouldn't be receiving equal pay, all full-time jobs should provide as least a modest roof over your head, food and clothing for a person, especially when the corporation is booking record profits.

The low wage bank job I had when I first left school paid minimum wage, and I had a two room apartment in downtown Toronto which I shared with my best friend. We couldn't afford much - bus passes for transportation, and lots of Kraft dinner for supper. An occasional concert at Ontario Place. But we didn't need social assistance to pay for any of this.

When I got out of school my first job was working at a car wash. It didn't pay much, and that's what gave me the drive to do better. Now had some Democrat come along and increase minimum wage to a ridiculous amount, maybe I'd still be at that car wash job today.

You don't get anywhere by somebody giving it to you, you have to desire it enough to get it yourself. The problem with our younger people today is they were never taught it takes work to get the things you want. Many of them just ask their parents for it, and that's how they obtain those things. Cell phones, video games, the latest trend in walking shoes, perfume, makeup, and it's all theirs for the asking. When you are raised that way, you have the same mentality when you become an adult.
/—/ There are several reasons the left pushes minimum wages.
1. One, many Union contracts are tied to the fed minimum wage so they get a bump in salary so they can donate more to the DNC.

2. Second, the Teachers Union realizes they are graduating functional illiterates and can’t compete for decent jobs so they need at least $15 an hour at their McDonald’s career and

3. thirdly it harms small businesses, the lefts main enemy.

Total hogwash.

1. Prove it. There are thousands of companies that are not unionized. Are you saying a MW worker can afford to donate at dnc?

2. What is teachers union has anything to do with MW? It’s mainly the parents faults how they raised their kids.
And kids taking easy courses.

At the same time NOT all kids taking worthless courses. There are young doctors, nurses, professors, lawyers, engineers and scientists that are making good money.
My niece 23yo just got her BSN RN license started at Kaiser last June making $51.35/hour.

Why are you or most concentrated on McDonald’s? There are millions of other jobs that start over $15 already.

3. Yes and No. The increase is also incremental.

I don’t like and I don’t use this left and right because you are saying that only the left....
1. Has the heart for the poor.
2. Are making good money.
3. Pushing for progress.
4. Better moral.
5. Caring.

Minimum Wage has been a hot topic since I joined this site..... Most of Non business owners like you talk so much nonsense.
So I’m asking you. Name me one company or any McDonald’s that closed because of MW increased. ANYBODY?
/----/ "Prove it"
OK Spanky. Now that you have been properly educated you can apologize for doubting me. You see, I've had this same debate with you LIbtards over the years and I know what I'm talking about.
1.) Just Why Are The Unions Supporting A Rise In The Minimum Wage?
The real reason is that some unions and their members directly benefit from minimum wage increases—even when nary a union member actually makes the minimum wage.
The Center for Union Facts analyzed collective-bargaining agreements obtained from the Department of Labor's Office of Labor-Management Standards. The data indicate that a number of unions in the service, retail and hospitality industries peg their base-line wages to the minimum wage.

2.) What do Teacher's Union have to do with MW? Here, read for yourself; Why Chicago Teachers Support the Fight for a Higher Minimum Wage | HuffPost

Chicago Teachers Union has endorsed the Fight for Fifteen campaign — a movement to raise the minimum wage to fifteen dollars an hour.

1. Properly educated? Crap. I’m not going to call cockservative. Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean me or we on the left are libtards.

Your link is just an opinion. It’s not a general rule. It just say SOME UNION.
I’ve been in this industry very long and it’s rare to come across unions.

2. You did not answer my question. Teachers union support MW increase. So?

3. ???

This is bullshit Ray. Even if you get an education and become a professional, or open your own business and live off the work of others, the economy still needs people to flip burgers, deliver pizzas and clean office buildings. If everybody opens a business or becomes a professional, who is going to do these low wage jobs? These people are entitled to a decent wage for a decent day's work.

There are a lot more workers than there are business owners or professionals, and while all jobs shouldn't be receiving equal pay, all full-time jobs should provide as least a modest roof over your head, food and clothing for a person, especially when the corporation is booking record profits.

The low wage bank job I had when I first left school paid minimum wage, and I had a two room apartment in downtown Toronto which I shared with my best friend. We couldn't afford much - bus passes for transportation, and lots of Kraft dinner for supper. An occasional concert at Ontario Place. But we didn't need social assistance to pay for any of this.

When I got out of school my first job was working at a car wash. It didn't pay much, and that's what gave me the drive to do better. Now had some Democrat come along and increase minimum wage to a ridiculous amount, maybe I'd still be at that car wash job today.

You don't get anywhere by somebody giving it to you, you have to desire it enough to get it yourself. The problem with our younger people today is they were never taught it takes work to get the things you want. Many of them just ask their parents for it, and that's how they obtain those things. Cell phones, video games, the latest trend in walking shoes, perfume, makeup, and it's all theirs for the asking. When you are raised that way, you have the same mentality when you become an adult.
1. One, many Union contracts are tied to the fed minimum wage so they get a bump in salary so they can donate more to the DNC.

2. Second, the Teachers Union realizes they are graduating functional illiterates and can’t compete for decent jobs so they need at least $15 an hour at their McDonald’s career and

Total hogwash.

1. Prove it. There are thousands of companies that are not unionized. Are you saying a MW worker can afford to donate at dnc?

2. What is teachers union has anything to do with MW? It’s mainly the parents faults how they raised their kids.

At the same time NOT all kids taking worthless courses. There are young doctors, nurses, professors, lawyers, engineers and scientists that are making good money.
My niece 23yo just got her BSN RN license started at Kaiser last June making $51.35/hour.

Why are you or most concentrated on McDonald’s? There are millions of other jobs that start over $15 already.

I don’t like and I don’t use this left and right because you are saying that only the left....
3. Pushing for progress.
4. Better moral.
5. Caring.

Minimum Wage has been a hot topic since I joined this site..... Most of Non business owners like you talk so much nonsense.
So I’m asking you. Name me one company or any McDonald’s that closed because of MW increased. ANYBODY?
/----/ "Prove it"
OK Spanky. Now that you have been properly educated you can apologize for doubting me. You see, I've had this same debate with you LIbtards over the years and I know what I'm talking about.
The real reason is that some unions and their members directly benefit from minimum wage increases—even when nary a union member actually makes the minimum wage.
The Center for Union Facts analyzed collective-bargaining agreements obtained from the Department of Labor's Office of Labor-Management Standards. The data indicate that a number of unions in the service, retail and hospitality industries peg their base-line wages to the minimum wage.

2.) What do Teacher's Union have to do with MW? Here, read for yourself; Why Chicago Teachers Support the Fight for a Higher Minimum Wage | HuffPost

Chicago Teachers Union has endorsed the Fight for Fifteen campaign — a movement to raise the minimum wage to fifteen dollars an hour.

1. Properly educated? Crap. I’m not going to call cockservative. Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean me or we on the left are libtards.

3. ???
/—-/ I can play your stupid game too. It’s just your opion the Unions aren’t tied to the MW. You can’t prove otherwise.

You really have to laugh at the crazy people. College costs more because prices of room and board, books heat, professors wages and other things have gone up. If minimum wage goes up it forces other prices to go up. It is a simple fact that some crazies fail to comprehend.
Everything a low wage worker needs to buy costs more

Rent, cars, gas, food, medical care

Their wage has not kept up

Much like a dog at the track can never run fast enough to catch the mechanical rabbit, the minumum wage will never catch up with the prices as they will simply rise with the minumum wage.

If prices don't increase because of wage increases, then who pays the money for those wage increases?
/----/ The business owner simply harvests ripe $20 bills from his money tree.
Duhhh, do we Libs have to spell everything out for you Republicans?
View attachment 274695

Most or ALL businesses increased prices every year. The same with McDonald’s.
You are arguing based from your own experience with no experience in ownership so I don’t expect you to understand business practices.

You just simply against MW.

You really have to laugh at the crazy people. College costs more because prices of room and board, books heat, professors wages and other things have gone up. If minimum wage goes up it forces other prices to go up. It is a simple fact that some crazies fail to comprehend.

View attachment 274695

They actually believe that unfortunately. They think all business owners sit in a room somewhere naked on their piles of money throwing it in the air. When you force them into unexpected expenses, they just take some of that money off one of the piles to pay for it.

View attachment 274695

You are arguing based from your own experience with no experience in ownership so I don’t expect you to understand business practices.

I'm against it because it's bad economics.

I've never seen a time harder for young people to go out on their own. No wonder more and more have to move back in with their parents.

Kids don't stay with their parents as a last resort, they do it as an option. The big thing for nearly the last ten years is to rent. Younger people these days don't want any responsibilities, and that includes the responsibilities that come with owning a house.

Like I mentioned several times.

Kids now are different compared from a long time ago.
What happened is parents work hard to give their best of everything to their siblings. The siblings end up lazy and spoiled.
I’ve seen this in all races in different cultures and categories. Attitudes sucks. I’ve also witnessed this in other countries.

The legalization of marijuana will make this worse.

What really happened throughout the years is that kids and parents became more like friends. In my teen years, there was what was called a Generation Gap. We loved our parents, but they were not our friends. They had rules and we followed them. Even if you lived at home after 18, you still had to be home by a specific time, you still couldn't smoke cigarettes or pot in the house, you still had to have a job and pay board.

Several years ago my niece moved her boyfriend into her mom's home. They were not even engaged. The guy was a lowlife who worked, but made minimum wage and had no intent to better himself. Why should he? My sister gave into my niece and he lived in a beautiful home with a wooded backyard. He didn't move until my sister asked him to cleanup his room, and he got enraged. He and my niece then moved into her fathers home, and the same thing!

See.......this would have never happened when I was young. I couldn't have a girlfriend sleep over for a night yet alone move her into my parents house. This is why we strived for independence and freedom. We wanted to have our parties, stay out as late as we wanted, have girlfriends over and even spend the night, smoke pot and drink until 2:00 am if we desired.

Today, kids do all that shit in their parents house.

I've never seen a time harder for young people to go out on their own. No wonder more and more have to move back in with their parents.

Kids don't stay with their parents as a last resort, they do it as an option. The big thing for nearly the last ten years is to rent. Younger people these days don't want any responsibilities, and that includes the responsibilities that come with owning a house.

What happened is parents work hard to give their best of everything to their siblings. The siblings end up lazy and spoiled.
I’ve seen this in all races in different cultures and categories. Attitudes sucks. I’ve also witnessed this in other countries.

What really happened throughout the years is that kids and parents became more like friends. In my teen years, there was what was called a Generation Gap. We loved our parents, but they were not our friends. They had rules and we followed them. Even if you lived at home after 18, you still had to be home by a specific time, you still couldn't smoke cigarettes or pot in the house, you still had to have a job and pay board.

Several years ago my niece moved her boyfriend into her mom's home. They were not even engaged. The guy was a lowlife who worked, but made minimum wage and had no intent to better himself. Why should he? My sister gave into my niece and he lived in a beautiful home with a wooded backyard. He didn't move until my sister asked him to cleanup his room, and he got enraged. He and my niece then moved into her fathers home, and the same thing!

See.......this would have never happened when I was young. I couldn't have a girlfriend sleep over for a night yet alone move her into my parents house. This is why we strived for independence and freedom. We wanted to have our parties, stay out as late as we wanted, have girlfriends over and even spend the night, smoke pot and drink until 2:00 am if we desired.

What you described isn't a generation gap, it's more like parents enforcing rules, and yeah, while my Grandparents were pretty strict, there were foster families I was in that let me run pretty much wild.

For future reference, here is what the generation gap is..................

Definition of GENERATION GAP

generation gap
noun
Definition of generation gap
: the differences in opinions, values, etc., between younger people and older people

And, when older people and younger people actually decide to communicate and try to understand each other, that is when the generation gap disappears, and both understand why the rules are there.

The prices already increased when money was lent or printed into existence & tax cuts so the owner has had a windfall of profits a year or 2 before wages increase. The wage increase comes out of his profits!

That still doesn't answer who pays for it.

I manufacture widgets. I sell my widgets for ten dollars a piece. Now the government comes along and doubles my payroll costs. I doesn't matter who borrows what, I have to come up with that additional expense. If I want to continue to manufacture in the US and compete against foreign imports, I have to keep my prices the same or move overseas myself. Either that of invest in automation to make my widgets for me.

What you described isn't a generation gap, it's more like parents enforcing rules, and yeah, while my Grandparents were pretty strict, there were foster families I was in that let me run pretty much wild.

generation gap
noun
: the differences in opinions, values, etc., between younger people and older people

And, when older people and younger people actually decide to communicate and try to understand each other, that is when the generation gap disappears, and both understand why the rules are there.

Which is pretty much what I said. The differences between parents and children were vast. When I was in my 20's, most of my friends moved the hell out of the house. I know people of my age that were thrown out of the house. They didn't even have plans on where to live. The only exception to that were parents who were supporting their kids in college.

Today kids live with their parents well into their 30's and sometimes longer. My nephew is a good example. He was married and renting an apartment from my father. They lived there for several years. When they broke up, he decided to move out of the apartment and back with his mother. It's not that he couldn't afford to live on his own, but he wanted to as an option so he could repay the loans for his Masters degree.

Other cases kids simply don't want to work, and the parents just let them live there. I have a friend who is caught up in a terrible situation. Her husband left her with three kids, one of them an adult. He was the breadwinner of the family, and now she's losing the house.

She works, but doesn't make nearly the money he did when he supported the family. She was here about six months ago, and told me her 19 year old son just sits home all day long playing video games; never had a job since he graduated high school over a year ago.

If he was forced to work and contribute to the family income, they probably could save the house, but he simply doesn't want to work. Wherever they end up after the foreclosure, he's likely going to be with her still sitting wherever they move to and play video games.

Again, never would have happened in my generation.

Total hogwash.

3. Pushing for progress.
4. Better moral.
5. Caring.

/----/ "Prove it"

3. ???
/—-/ I can play your stupid game too. It’s just your opion the Unions aren’t tied to the MW. You can’t prove otherwise.

I’m not playing stupidity or philosophical like you.
I’m talking about facts and reality.

View attachment 274695

Well...... so far all I heard is an opinion of bad here and there. I asked a very simple question. MW increase has started about 5 years ago here and there. So I’m asking the same question again.

Name me any enterprise any business categories any McDonald’s that went out business because of MW increase?
Please ANYBODY.

generation gap
noun

Which is pretty much what I said. The differences between parents and children were vast. When I was in my 20's, most of my friends moved the hell out of the house. I know people of my age that were thrown out of the house. They didn't even have plans on where to live. The only exception to that were parents who were supporting their kids in college.

Today kids live with their parents well into their 30's and sometimes longer. My nephew is a good example. He was married and renting an apartment from my father. They lived there for several years. When they broke up, he decided to move out of the apartment and back with his mother. It's not that he couldn't afford to live on his own, but he wanted to as an option so he could repay the loans for his Masters degree.

Other cases kids simply don't want to work, and the parents just let them live there. I have a friend who is caught up in a terrible situation. Her husband left her with three kids, one of them an adult. He was the breadwinner of the family, and now she's losing the house.

She works, but doesn't make nearly the money he did when he supported the family. She was here about six months ago, and told me her 19 year old son just sits home all day long playing video games; never had a job since he graduated high school over a year ago.

If he was forced to work and contribute to the family income, they probably could save the house, but he simply doesn't want to work. Wherever they end up after the foreclosure, he's likely going to be with her still sitting wherever they move to and play video games.

Again, never would have happened in my generation.
Your friend needs to find a nice older woman and marry her son off.

View attachment 274695

Well...... so far all I heard is an opinion of bad here and there. I asked a very simple question. MW increase has started about 5 years ago here and there. So I’m asking the same question again.

Name me any enterprise any business categories any McDonald’s that went out business because of MW increase?
Please ANYBODY.
/——/ Hike in minimum wage prompts more closings of San Francisco restaurants

View attachment 274695

Please ANYBODY.

You are kidding right? Small business is struggling mightily with the $15 min. wage hike. Even liberal NYC papers have headlines about it.

View attachment 274695

Please ANYBODY.
/——/ Hike in minimum wage prompts more closings of San Francisco restaurants

Yeah, and notice in this article it also states: "Higher minimum wages also reduce the rate at which new restaurants open by 4-6 percent per $1 increase in the minimum, the study found." So not only are businesses closing, startups are severely affected. It is a double whammy.

Liberals just aren't very smart when it comes to economics...it is quite simple.

View attachment 274695

Please ANYBODY.

Well...... so far all I heard is an opinion of bad here and there.

You think it's good? Why?

Increasing the expenses of a business has never caused one to go under? Ever?

Sounds very convincing!!!

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

The economy was great when one salary supported a house, a family of four, a car and a chicken in the pot. Trump is full of shit. Now it takes one person to make $45 an hour to live in a place that doesn't include roaches and rats.

View attachment 274695

Please ANYBODY.

Minimum wage impacts businesses differently.

McDonald's sells 1000 hamburgers a day, 1200 french fires, 1600 beverages. But Bob at Bob's hardware doesn't sell 400 boxes of nails or screws every day. So you won't see any noticeable price increases at McDonald's, but you will at Bob's.

If your employer gives you a dollar an hour raise, it costs your employer more than that dollar because of associated expenses. A huge increase like nearly doubling it would drive people out of business because of that reason.

The worst part is that a huge minimum wage increase causes a domino effect. If you got out of high school and got a job at a manufacturer of some sort, and started out at $9.00 an hour, eventually you will make $15.00 an hour in a couple of years. All of a sudden, you find yourself back at minimum wage because of some Democrat politicians. Are you going to continue doing your job at minimum wage? Of course not. You are going to demand to be paid at least five bucks an hour over minimum. Okay, fine. But then what about the guy at your shop who's been there much longer and is making $20.00 an hour?

When it comes to a full circle, the minimum wage worker finds himself in the exact same position he was in before the hike because now everything else costs more. The only people that made out were the politicians because now you are getting taxed at a higher rate. That's the only reason they are behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back