If vaccines work then why the travel WARNING ?

She had the CHOICE and she made it. Every other person has the same choice or they can choose to get tested every week.

No one forcibly made her get a shot.
This is bullshit semantics. I never knew you to be either a spin doctor or just dense, but I honestly don't recall much of anything you've posted on here which is unusual. I think you were the one who said opium poppy and coca should be legal to grow in the US because you chewed coca once while hiking so it's basically no big deal. If that was you, I definitely see a pattern forming.

Europe was supposed to be our example after all? Pretty sure this is further proof that vaccine mandates are purely political. As I have been saying for months and colfax_m didnt understand. You have to get the virus to truly be immune and vaccines do help you have lesser symptoms.

Leftists keep saying that we should be more like the Nordic countries. So should we also be cautious with the Moderna vaccine?

Leftists are dumb and so are vaccine mandates.

EDIT: per Blues Man this is a Warning not a Restriction. The basis stands. Why the warning when you have to be vaccinated to go into Europe where countries maintained strong vaccine requirements. Either vaccines work or they don’t.
Because a lot of people still are not vaccinated. And when outbreaks occur, the amount of virus around can get high enough that it raises the risk of infection and transmission for everyone. Including the vaccinated.

Because a lot of people still are not vaccinated. And when outbreaks occur, the amount of virus around can get high enough that it raises the risk of infection and transmission for everyone. Including the vaccinated.
What is “a lot”? Why do I care who is or isn’t vaccinated? 99.4% survival rate.

What is “a lot”?
A good question. Apparently it is less than the number of unvaccinated in Germany:

Why do I care who is or isn’t vaccinated? 99.4% survival rate
A pretty shallow view. For one, depending on how many people get infected, that's a LOT of deaths happening quickly. Furthermore, just getting ill is also a risk. And if a lot of people get infected quickly, hospitals can be and have been overwhelmed. Third, travel warnings and restrictions are just a smart way to head off outbreaks.

If you think anyone serious thinks vaccines are the cure all, think again. The vaccines will slow community transmission and keep people from getting seriously ill. Covid is going to run its course eventually.

Last edited:
A good question. Apparently it is less than the number of unvaccinated in Germany:

A pretty shallow view. For one, depending on how many people get infected, that's a LOT of deaths happening quickly. Furthermore, just getting ill is also a risk. And if a lot of people get infected quickly, hospitals can be and have been overwhelmed. Third, travel warnings and restrictions are just a smart way to head off outbreaks.

If you think anyone serious thinks vaccines are the cure all, think again. The vaccines will slow community transmission and keep people from getting seriously ill. Covid is going to run its course eventually.
Why would they worry about me? I had the virus and I am vaccinated. Obesity kills more we don’t stop people from eating bad food and drinking soda.

Why would they worry about me? I had the virus and I am vaccinated.
Because of the high rate of community transmission there. Thus the warning. Though you have less worry, for sure. Nevertheless, the sheer amount of virus traveling around increases the risk. That's all. Thus the warning.

Because of the high rate of community transmission there. Thus the warning. Though you have less worry, for sure. Nevertheless, the sheer amount of virus traveling around increases the risk. That's all. Thus the warning.
So we live in fear for ever? COVID19 is with us for life like the flu. Trump said we have to live with it. Biden said he would defeat it because he is a moron. We will never fully eradicate it. We need to learn to live with it. Period.

Based on the delta running its course, really. Without delta, we would be way better off right now. It came and kicked us in the nuts right after we reopened everything. Unfortunate.
Delta is really the India variant. But there could be others from highly populated 2nd world and or 3rd world nations. Winter spike happens in cold climate cities but during the summer the spikes happen in warm weather cities because it’s too hot to be outside so we are stuck in a perpetual loop of spikes. Therein lies the problem. Either we accept the risks or we don’t. Fear mongering isn’t working. While the Democrats are in power it is what we will have though. Just 11 more mos…

Delta is really the India variant. But there could be others from highly populated 2nd world and or 3rd world nations. Winter spike happens in cold climate cities but during the summer the spikes happen in warm weather cities because it’s too hot to be outside so we are stuck in a perpetual loop of spikes. Therein lies the problem. Either we accept the risks or we don’t. Fear mongering isn’t working. While the Democrats are in power it is what we will have though. Just 11 more mos…
We are going to reopen at the next opportunity with democrats in power, just like we did at the beginning of summer of 2021. Will probably be the same for 2022. So you are wasting your emotional energy I think.

We are going to reopen at the next opportunity with democrats in power, just like we did at the beginning of summer of 2021. Will probably be the same for 2022. So you are wasting your emotional energy I think.
I hope you’re right but my kids have been wearing masks in school and during sports for two years now. Not so if you go 30 miles north to NH. People are noticing. Especially parents. And so you get what you saw in VA.

I hope you’re right but my kids have been wearing masks in school and during sports for two years now. Not so if you go 30 miles north to NH. People are noticing. Especially parents. And so you get what you saw in VA.
Parents throwing embarrassing fits, instead of children. yes I saw it. Kind of embarrassing, really.

Parents throwing embarrassing fits, instead of children. yes I saw it. Kind of embarrassing, really.
No fits. Just noticing for when the next vote comes. Not sure where you got the fits from. We are civilized in Boston unlike places like San Fran, NYC and LA.

Forum List

Back