If you are a woman, how can you support Obama's Iran deal?

Makes me wonder how the OP rationalizes buying petroleum from the ME...most ME countries treat women horribly.

Makes one also think about the policies that increase dependency on foreign oil; in particular, oil from these countries with egregious human rights violations. All the more reason for us to drill more domestically and simultaneously pursue aggressive schedule on alternative energy.... Combined, get US of our Dependency on ME oil.

Won't help with cars but our hesitance to develop Nuke power will be one of the things that future generations look back on us and shrug their shoulders at our "logic".

We are just a good battery away from being able to use mostly solar and wind energy. That is clearly the future.

Well, that is neither cheap nor reliable. Solar panels are very expensive.

Not really, solar panel technology is improving fast and getting cheaper. The only issue is storage and i predict that will come soon. Then more electric cars and less buying oil.

I am all for alternative energy to make us more energy independent. If they can come up with something that is affordable, efficient and reliable, I would stand behind that 100%. I would also prefer something "cleaner" too. :)

This is what Iran does to women...

hqdefault.jpg

stoning-to-death.jpg

ogB2RTvozYRzO5W1OkBeSoXXXL4j3HpexhjNOf_P3YmryPKwJ94QGRtDb3Sbc6KY

Iranian%20woman.JPG

Woman%2520Stoning%2520Iran.jpg

iran-stoning.jpg

woman-hanged-in-iran1.png
What do these images have to do with a deal that will keep Iran from getting a nuclear weapon? They do the same things to women in Saudi Arabia and Bush went to war to protect that nation.

I dont know why all issues are suddenly being conflated to a singular issue.

Must be something someone said on the radio.

JGalt is just a special kind of stupid, even for a Randian freak

Why? He is absolutely right on this. Iran stones and murders women and hangs homosexuals.
So does Saudi Arabia. Would you prefer that they do these things AND have nuclear weapons? There are two alternatives to the deal: War or Iran with Nukes.

Why? He is absolutely right on this. Iran stones and murders women and hangs homosexuals.
Yes and tying a nuclear arms cessation agreement to changing their entire system of Laws and Culture would work fa sho!!!

Fuggin retards, I swear.

Who said that? Not me. :D
Thats the op's point you just agreed with, genius

I agree that Iran treats women and others horribly. Yup. I agree that dealing with them is a bad idea. Yup.
So, you would be against any attempts to prevent them from obtaining nuclear weapons, seeing how that would involve dealing with them.

So does Saudi Arabia. Would you prefer that they do these things AND have nuclear weapons? There are two alternatives to the deal: War or Iran with Nukes.

No. What makes you think that because I don't like Iran that I like Saudi Arabia? :uhh:

Iran lets it's women drive cars, own property, run a business, file for divorce and walk around without covering their face. Our "friends" the Saudis are much worse in this respect.

Yes and tying a nuclear arms cessation agreement to changing their entire system of Laws and Culture would work fa sho!!!

Fuggin retards, I swear.

I agree that Iran treats women and others horribly. Yup. I agree that dealing with them is a bad idea. Yup.
So, you would be against any attempts to prevent them from obtaining nuclear weapons, seeing how that would involve dealing with them.

How does lifting sanctions prevent them from obtaining nukes? Not getting that at all.

No. What makes you think that because I don't like Iran that I like Saudi Arabia? :uhh:
So, we should go to war with Saudi Arabia too? What is the alternative to negotiating with Iran? Be specific.

So, we should go to war with Saudi Arabia too? What is the alternative to negotiating with Iran? Be specific.

Who said anything about war? WTH are you talking about? The alternative is strengthening sanctions, not weakening them. How does weakening sanctions prevent them from getting anything? How about you be specific?

Who said anything about war? WTH are you talking about? The alternative is strengthening sanctions, not weakening them. How does weakening sanctions prevent them from getting anything? How about you be specific?

Where has sanctions ever worked?

The Soviet Union committed many atrocities. Reagan still signed treaties with them.

China has committed many atrocities. The US still signs treaties with them.

The OP is written by a gullible retard who does not have two critically thinking brain cells.

Fuggin retards, I swear.

How does lifting sanctions prevent them from obtaining nukes? Not getting that at all.
If you are not getting that, perhaps you ought to educate yourself about the terms of the agreement which, in fact, prevents them from building a nuclear weapon. You see, the purpose of the sanctions was to force Iran to agree in these negotiations to conditions that would prevent them from developing nuclear weapons. They worked. They agreed to such terms. More importantly, you do understand that the sanctions that harmed Iran were not the ones we imposed. We have not had economic relations with Iran for nearly forty years. The economic sanctions that hurt were the ones imposed by our European allies, Russia and China. Our sanctions will continue. Those other nations, who actually are sovereign and get to decide these things for themselves, do not have to abide by the wishes of the US. If the idiots in Congress manage to stop our participation, there is nothing to prevent the rest of the world from actually acting like adults and honoring the agreement.

Where has sanctions ever worked?
Here. They worked here.

Iran lets it's women drive cars, own property, run a business, file for divorce and walk around without covering their face. Our "friends" the Saudis are much worse in this respect.

Iran is a shit hole.
it's actually pretty well developed and educated when compared to the rest of the mideast. Most conservatives seem to think it's like Iraq or Afghanistan but it is very different in a lot of ways.

Iran is a shit hole.
it's actually pretty well developed and educated when compared to the rest of the mideast. Most conservatives seem to think it's like Iraq or Afghanistan but it is very different in a lot of ways.

Do they hang homosexuals? Do they stone women for infidelity?

If you are not getting that, perhaps you ought to educate yourself about the terms of the agreement which, in fact, prevents them from building a nuclear weapon. You see, the purpose of the sanctions was to force Iran to agree in these negotiations to conditions that would prevent them from developing nuclear weapons. They worked. They agreed to such terms. More importantly, you do understand that the sanctions that harmed Iran were not the ones we imposed. We have not had economic relations with Iran for nearly forty years. The economic sanctions that hurt were the ones imposed by our European allies, Russia and China. Our sanctions will continue. Those other nations, who actually are sovereign and get to decide these things for themselves, do not have to abide by the wishes of the US. If the idiots in Congress manage to stop our participation, there is nothing to prevent the rest of the world from actually acting like adults and honoring the agreement.

And you are under the impression that they will honor any "promises" they make?

Forum List

Back