If you are a woman, how can you support Obama's Iran deal?

I dont know why all issues are suddenly being conflated to a singular issue.

Must be something someone said on the radio.

JGalt is just a special kind of stupid, even for a Randian freak

Why? He is absolutely right on this. Iran stones and murders women and hangs homosexuals.
Yes and tying a nuclear arms cessation agreement to changing their entire system of Laws and Culture would work fa sho!!!

Fuggin retards, I swear.

Who said that? Not me. :D
Thats the op's point you just agreed with, genius

I agree that Iran treats women and others horribly. Yup. I agree that dealing with them is a bad idea. Yup.

JGalt is just a special kind of stupid, even for a Randian freak

Why? He is absolutely right on this. Iran stones and murders women and hangs homosexuals.
Yes and tying a nuclear arms cessation agreement to changing their entire system of Laws and Culture would work fa sho!!!

Fuggin retards, I swear.

I agree that Iran treats women and others horribly. Yup. I agree that dealing with them is a bad idea. Yup.
So dont deal with them, meaning what?

Let them have a nuke?
Go to war with them? You gunna enlist? You gunna pay extra taxes to cover the war?

Have you thought this through?

I certainly do not support this deal at all. I think it is a terrible idea. TERRIBLE. I hate how a lot of Muslim countries treat women and homosexuals. Sanctions should be strengthened, not lifted. They are laughing at us and think we are stupid.

So we should put sanctions on Saudi arabia then?

That wouldn't bother me. :dunno:

And you think then they would make women equals as they should be? I'm not aware of sanctions ever working...

No, I don't think that. I don't like doing "business" with them either though. Sorry, I just don't like Iran.

I don't either, but I can say that about most of the Middle East. What we really need to do is push alternative energy and move the world away from oil. Once they don't have something so in demand maybe they will become better people.

There is always a moral problem with trade where you have to try and decide what is better, trade that helps their economy and hopefully lifts them out of the stone age thinking they are stuck in or using economic sanctions that hurt their economy and make us a villain their backwards leaders can point to as proof of their own righteousness.

I certainly do not support this deal at all. I think it is a terrible idea. TERRIBLE. I hate how a lot of Muslim countries treat women and homosexuals. Sanctions should be strengthened, not lifted. They are laughing at us and think we are stupid.

And you think then they would make women equals as they should be? I'm not aware of sanctions ever working...

No, I don't think that. I don't like doing "business" with them either though. Sorry, I just don't like Iran.

I don't either, but I can say that about most of the Middle East. What we really need to do is push alternative energy and move the world away from oil. Once they don't have something so in demand maybe they will become better people.

Yes, I agree. It would be wonderful if we didn't have to rely on others for our energy needs, although we don't purchase any oil from Iran. China does though. So, unless we could convince China to stop buying oil from Iran, then that would not work.

Fuggin retards, I swear.

So dont deal with them, meaning what?

Let them have a nuke?
Go to war with them? You gunna enlist? You gunna pay extra taxes to cover the war?

Have you thought this through?

YOU are an idiot. Stop talking to me please. Thank you in advance. :)

Yes, I agree. It would be wonderful if we didn't have to rely on others for our energy needs, although we don't purchase any oil from Iran. China does though. So, unless we could convince China to stop buying oil from Iran, then that would not work.

If we developed better alternatives the rest of the world would follow.

Makes me wonder how the OP rationalizes buying petroleum from the ME...most ME countries treat women horribly.

Makes one also think about the policies that increase dependency on foreign oil; in particular, oil from these countries with egregious human rights violations. All the more reason for us to drill more domestically and simultaneously pursue aggressive schedule on alternative energy.... Combined, get US of our Dependency on ME oil.

Won't help with cars but our hesitance to develop Nuke power will be one of the things that future generations look back on us and shrug their shoulders at our "logic".

If we developed better alternatives the rest of the world would follow.

IF they were cheap enough for 3rd world countries.

Makes me wonder how the OP rationalizes buying petroleum from the ME...most ME countries treat women horribly.

Makes one also think about the policies that increase dependency on foreign oil; in particular, oil from these countries with egregious human rights violations. All the more reason for us to drill more domestically and simultaneously pursue aggressive schedule on alternative energy.... Combined, get US of our Dependency on ME oil.

Won't help with cars but our hesitance to develop Nuke power will be one of the things that future generations look back on us and shrug their shoulders at our "logic".

We are just a good battery away from being able to use mostly solar and wind energy. That is clearly the future.

We are just a good battery away from being able to use mostly solar and wind energy. That is clearly the future.

Well, that is neither cheap nor reliable. Solar panels are very expensive.

They are coming down in price...

They are coming down in price...

Well, if they could make it affordable that would be great.

The US produces much of it's own oil, then Canada's, Mexico's South American nations..After the oil embargo, the US moved away from Middle Eastern oil imports.

Not really, solar panel technology is improving fast and getting cheaper. The only issue is storage and i predict that will come soon. Then more electric cars and less buying oil.

Translation: About 15-20 years given the rate of past progress. I hope you're right. Moreover what I was talking about was the chasm between the discovery of the atomic power and the stilted roll-out of it's use.

Not really, solar panel technology is improving fast and getting cheaper. The only issue is storage and i predict that will come soon. Then more electric cars and less buying oil.
It could be over and done with, cheap enough, etc. But just BECAUSE of political ideaologies, people are too hard headed to fathom the benefits.

JUST because of politics.

Theres a political party so tied to fucking oil its a wonder theyre NOT all black, from swimming in it.

Forum List

Back