If you could have only 5 guns...

Just like the right gun for all occasion... Only one set of reloading dies.....

This started as an internet discussion on another site. But I thought I'd bring it here.

My choices?

1) Springfield M1911
2) Ruger 10/22
3) Remington 870
4) Springfield Scout Squad
5) Ruger Single Six
1) .30.06 BAR, giving up my .300 for more '06 ammo.

2) Springfield Armory M1-A.

3) Remington 700 .223.

4) S&W .357 revolver

5. S&W .22 revolver.

These are the ones I'd keep if limited to 5 I already had.

Three's enough.

Ancient S&W Lemon Squeezer .32 came into the family two generations back as a gift from the wife of someone who had found it particularly helpful in overcoming cancer. Nice history should anyone want to ask too many questions.

Mossberg 500 12 ga. cut down to 18-1/8 inch. Nice for walking in the country where hostile critters walk. Handles rifled slugs and sabot rounds in mixed loads quite handily.

Remington .30-06 stainless with modest scope. Easy to maintain; rugged, reliable and not excessively heavy. Proven effective on grizz up to 800#/ungulates up to 1,200#.

One of my favorite places on earth guys is in Tennessee. Smoky Mountain Knife Works. Any of you guys been there? It is to die for.
That's a great place............Love to go back there............Rented a Cabin in the mountains........a great way to relax...........and the Knife Works just topped it off.

1. 12 guage shot gun
2. Desert Eagle Israeli version
3. M-1
4. AR-15
5. 7mm Rifle

This started as an internet discussion on another site. But I thought I'd bring it here.

My choices?

1) Springfield M1911
2) Ruger 10/22
3) Remington 870
5) Ruger Single Six

1 Daisy red rider
2. My little 5 shot 22 revolver for poker games.
3. Shotgun
4. Long range rifle
5. Crossbow

Glock 19 9 m compact
AR-15
Shotgun with extended magazine
Kimber Pro Raptor II .45
M&P 9c

I wish I could sell it all and go out with a long range rifle a shotgun and maybe a handgun and a horse and mule and all the gear and go live on top of a mountain in a log cabin next to a creek for fishing and live off the land. I wish they'd come out with another Jeremiah johnson type movie. I wish I could go do it myself. Maybe after my parents are gone I'll head out.

The AR-15
The FN FNX-.45
The 870 in 3 inch 12 gauge.
Remington 700 .270
Ruger 10/22

good choices

i would keep handy my 700 in 30-06 since it fits in well with my remmie 760 30-06

I figure those choices would pretty much cover every situation you might encounter.

I'm assuming the shotgun handgun and rifle are 3. What are the other 2 you need? Is a 22 or small shotgun one of your 5? If not, besides the shotgun long rifle and handgun do you need?

One should be an automatic weapon? In case you get attacked by a group? Imagine if jerimiah johnson had an ak47.

So what are your other 2? Or what is your 5th gun you think you need?

The AR-15
The FN FNX-.45
Remington 700 .270
Ruger 10/22

good choices

i would keep handy my 700 in 30-06 since it fits in well with my remmie 760 30-06

I figure those choices would pretty much cover every situation you might encounter.

I'm assuming the shotgun handgun and rifle are 3. What are the other 2 you need? Is a 22 or small shotgun one of your 5? If not, besides the shotgun long rifle and handgun do you need?

One should be an automatic weapon? In case you get attacked by a group? Imagine if jerimiah johnson had an ak47.

The Ruger 10/22 would be the .22 and the 700 .270 is a deer rifle that would work just fine as a sniper rifle.
No machine guns though. They waste to much ammo.

The AR-15
The FN FNX-.45
Remington 700 .270
Ruger 10/22

good choices

The Ruger 10/22 would be the .22 and the 700 .270 is a deer rifle that would work just fine as a sniper rifle.

So shotgun handgun 22 sniper and what else do you need? And what and how much are you going to use the 22 for? Small game? Because the ammos cheap? You could shoot groundhog opossum squirrel racoon beaver turkey rabbit.

My choices?

1) Springfield M1911
2) Ruger 10/22
3) Remington 870
5) Ruger Single Six

1) Para Ordnance P14
2) Smith & Wesson Model 681
3) Remington 870, with an additional rifled slug barrel
4) Saiga IZ 137 AK .308
5) Ruger 10/22

The AR-15
The FN FNX-.45
Remington 700 .270
Ruger 10/22

good choices

So shotgun handgun 22 sniper and what else do you need? And what and how much are you going to use the 22 for? Small game? Because the ammos cheap? You could shoot groundhog opossum squirrel racoon beaver turkey rabbit.

One battle type rifle,a pistol so you'd always have a gun on you. The shotgun for bird and or deer. The deer rifle for hunting large game and two and four legged predators at range.
And the .22 for small game.

good choices

One battle type rifle,a pistol so you'd always have a gun on you. The shotgun for bird and or deer. The deer rifle for hunting large game and two and four legged predators at range.
And the .22 for small game.
What's a battle rifle like a modern day army weapon that holds 20 rounds? I agree one of those would be a must. The deer rifle would be long range kills. Remember Quigley down under with tom selleck? He had a great long range gun but nothing for close combat.

Forum List

Back