If you support Trump ending Birthright Citizenship via executive order you're a hypocrite.

Trump is just setting up the legal scuffle on this. Part of Trump’s Comprehensive Illegal Immigration Reform Act

The 14th wasn't written to allow children of illegals to become US citizens, it's time to follow the Constitution as it is written and stop "interpreting" it to suit agendas.

I doubt an EO will hold up in the matter but it would open up the can of worms to allow it to be addressed by the courts. Gorusch and Kavanaugh are looking like sweet picks in that regard ...another reason Trump winning was so important
You are so proud of the Pussy Grabber, aren't you?

I'm proud of him for sending leftist assholes like you into hysterics.

Now why don't you address the topic instead of your usual flaming and nonsense?

The 14th was never intended to be used to give illegal's spawn citizenship.
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

It seems pretty fucking clear to me. A lot clearer than that well-regulated militia one.

LOL, you need more education boy.

Interesting SCOTUS case and ruling in this one...Elk v. Wilkins, 112 U.S. 94

Notice it was heard 16 years after the 14th was ratified and shoots the shit out of anyone born on US soil is an automatic citizen

Indian tribes had sovereignty over reservations, which is why the court ruled that the US government didn’t have jurisdiction over Elk. Mexico has no sovereignty over any of the territory in the US, unlike Indian tribes in 1884. Hence, the US government has jurisdiction over all individuals in the United States, except those who have sovereign immunity recognized by the United States, ie foreign diplomats, including illegal aliens, meaning that the US government has jurisdiction over the children born to illegal aliens in the US. Therefore, under the 14th Amendment, the children of illegal aliens are US citizens.

I didn’t like Obama using EOs and I don’t like Trump doing it.

Overturning an Amendment is not easy.

Let me start off by saying I oppose Birthright Citizenship unless one parent is a US citizen but I am more opposed to Presidents acting like kings who think they can rule by an iron fist.
For YEARS we all railed against Obama's use of the executive pen and rightly so. Do not fall prey to that which you oppose simply because of a letter behind a mans name.
Today I heard Trump on the radio referring to Obama's Dream Act as the excuse for his threat to use the same method to alter the 14th amendment. An act that he Hope's the supreme court will overrule. Yet he wants you to cheer and clap at his own duplicity.

If you are a conservative ACT LIKE IT and stop looking the other way simply because you like Trump.

President Trump is only opening the conversation on the topic- I think its understood that Congress is going to have deal with this next year

Let me start off by saying I oppose Birthright Citizenship unless one parent is a US citizen but I am more opposed to Presidents acting like kings who think they can rule by an iron fist.
For YEARS we all railed against Obama's use of the executive pen and rightly so. Do not fall prey to that which you oppose simply because of a letter behind a mans name.
Today I heard Trump on the radio referring to Obama's Dream Act as the excuse for his threat to use the same method to alter the 14th amendment. An act that he Hope's the supreme court will overrule. Yet he wants you to cheer and clap at his own duplicity.

If you are a conservative ACT LIKE IT and stop looking the other way simply because you like Trump.
Not 100% certain it is the case that birthright citizenship applies to those who entered illegally. The closest thing I’ve seen is the Wong Kim Ark case. In that case, Arks parents were here LEGALLY, but still not naturalized citizens. This case went all the way up to the Supreme Court, with a 6-2 split decision, and this was a debate involving parents who were permitted entry, went back to China, tried to come back and were denied.

So the question is, does this same principle apply to parents who enter the country without that countries permission?

Many believe that subject to the jurisdiction thereof meant no other allegiance to another country. In the case of illegals, both they and the child do have an allegiance to their home country.

If an illegal couple has a kid here, moves back to China when the child is six months old and grows up there, that child is considered a Chinese citizen no matter where he was born. If war ever broke out between our countries, that child (now an adult) can infiltrate our country to do harm, and there is nothing we can do about it because the now adult has allegiance to the Chinese government.

Allegiance doesn’t matter to jurisdiction.

If the United States doesn’t have jurisdiction over an individual, then that individual can commit a crime in the US with immunity.

No reasonable person would seriously argue that simply because someone has allegiance to a foreign country, they could murder an American citizen in the US and not be prosecuted in the United States.

He says the 14th amendment is not being read correctly per his legal advisors. SC should decide.

Not 100% certain it is the case that birthright citizenship applies to those who entered illegally. The closest thing I’ve seen is the Wong Kim Ark case. In that case, Arks parents were here LEGALLY, but still not naturalized citizens. This case went all the way up to the Supreme Court, with a 6-2 split decision, and this was a debate involving parents who were permitted entry, went back to China, tried to come back and were denied.

So the question is, does this same principle apply to parents who enter the country without that countries permission?

Many believe that subject to the jurisdiction thereof meant no other allegiance to another country. In the case of illegals, both they and the child do have an allegiance to their home country.

If an illegal couple has a kid here, moves back to China when the child is six months old and grows up there, that child is considered a Chinese citizen no matter where he was born. If war ever broke out between our countries, that child (now an adult) can infiltrate our country to do harm, and there is nothing we can do about it because the now adult has allegiance to the Chinese government.

Allegiance doesn’t matter to jurisdiction.

If the United States doesn’t have jurisdiction over an individual, then that individual can commit a crime in the US with immunity.

No reasonable person would seriously argue that simply because someone has allegiance to a foreign country, they could murder an American citizen and get away with it.

No, I never said that. Subject to the Jurisdiction Therein meant that they have no allegiance with another country period.

So in my scenario, let's say China wanted to sneak in a dirty bomb using this Chinese citizen of theirs who is (by our standards) an American citizen. Much easier to do being an American citizen than being a visitor of some kind. Or you can even use any country from the middle-east for that matter.

He says the 14th amendment is not being read correctly per his legal advisors. SC should decide.

Exactly. Trump just can't go to the Supreme Court and say "hey, you people reread this amendment." He (or Congress) has to take an action that would cause a challenge.

Exactly. Trump just can't go to the Supreme Court and say "hey, you people reread this amendment." He (or Congress) has to take an action that would cause a challenge.

Correct. It’s just a first action in a chain of events

That is just a crock of shit: YOU, and all of your right wing jerk offs are just chompin at the bit to have Trump sign some dumbass EO to stop anchor babies.

FIRST OFF: Trump has already proven himself to be COMPLETELY IGNORANT concerning how Amendments are instituted, or changed. It is the function of The US Congress to initiate Amendments, or to alter Amendments.

Trump has demonstrated to the WORLD that he didn't even attend his 5th grade CIVICS CLASS. He was out fvcking Kathy up her poop shoot when he FAILED that class.

Yeah but go ahead and act all righteous about Trump's IGNORANCE.

POTUS Dumb Ass.

FIRST OFF: Trump has already proven himself to be COMPLETELY IGNORANT concerning how Amendments are instituted, or changed. It is the function of The US Congress to initiate Amendments, or to alter Amendments.

Did Trump say he was going to change the amendment? If that's what you think, you need to brush up on your comprehension skills.

President Trump is only opening the conversation on the topic- I think its understood that Congress is going to have deal with this next year
LOL. Not going to happen.

Fuck off. Trump is not doing anything illegal nor is he doing anything unconstitutional. He’s doing something that I voted for him for.

Did Trump say he was going to change the amendment? If that's what you think, you need to brush up on your comprehension skills.

Here; shove this up your ass & stop playing your shitty lying crap

Fuck off. Trump is not doing anything illegal nor is he doing anything unconstitutional. He’s doing something that I voted for him for.

Oh, you voted for Trump to 'change' something; what, your diapers?

Not only do your comprehension skills suffer, you're deaf besides.

I told YOU SO. All of your Trumpian bretheren are sitting here acting like you are the bitch; sorry.

Not only do your comprehension skills suffer, you're deaf besides.

THEN WTF do you think he said, Einstein?

OK; I'm sorry. I didn't realize your are using 'English as a FIFTH FVCKING LANGUAGE'

POTUS Dumb Ass.

The President is just lighting a fire underneath the Congress as well as the courts, let them know that the current status quo is unsustainable.

Trump has been determined by top medical doctors to be a very "stable genius" who achieved the highest score of cognition in the history of cognitive testing. Pulling this issue out into the open, get people discussing who should be a citizen at birth and who shouldn't is important and we need to discuss it.

Really, caddo, do you think that Birth Tourism is something that's good for the country? If some foreign coed is studying at Georgetown and gets knocked up by some other foreign student, should the kid really be a citizen?

POTUS Dumb Ass.

The President is just lighting a fire underneath the Congress as well as the courts, let them know that the current status quo is unsustainable.

Trump has been determined by top medical doctors to be a very "stable genius" who achieved the highest score of cognition in the history of cognitive testing. Pulling this issue out into the open, get people discussing who should be a citizen at birth and who shouldn't is important and we need to discuss it.

Really, caddo, do you think that Birth Tourism is something that's good for the country? If some foreign coed is studying at Georgetown and gets knocked up by some other foreign student, should the kid really be a citizen?

I EXPECT A goddamn POTUS TO KNOW FIFTH GRADE LEVEL civics class CONCEPTS & LESSONS.

Forum List

Back