If you support Trump ending Birthright Citizenship via executive order you're a hypocrite.

Let me start off by saying I oppose Birthright Citizenship unless one parent is a US citizen but I am more opposed to Presidents acting like kings who think they can rule by an iron fist.
For YEARS we all railed against Obama's use of the executive pen and rightly so. Do not fall prey to that which you oppose simply because of a letter behind a mans name.
Today I heard Trump on the radio referring to Obama's Dream Act as the excuse for his threat to use the same method to alter the 14th amendment. An act that he Hope's the supreme court will overrule. Yet he wants you to cheer and clap at his own duplicity.

If you are a conservative ACT LIKE IT and stop looking the other way simply because you like Trump.
Not 100% certain it is the case that birthright citizenship applies to those who entered illegally. The closest thing I’ve seen is the Wong Kim Ark case. In that case, Arks parents were here LEGALLY, but still not naturalized citizens. This case went all the way up to the Supreme Court, with a 6-2 split decision, and this was a debate involving parents who were permitted entry, went back to China, tried to come back and were denied.

So the question is, does this same principle apply to parents who enter the country without that countries permission?

Many believe that subject to the jurisdiction thereof meant no other allegiance to another country. In the case of illegals, both they and the child do have an allegiance to their home country.

If an illegal couple has a kid here, moves back to China when the child is six months old and grows up there, that child is considered a Chinese citizen no matter where he was born. If war ever broke out between our countries, that child (now an adult) can infiltrate our country to do harm, and there is nothing we can do about it because the now adult has allegiance to the Chinese government.

Allegiance doesn’t matter to jurisdiction.

If the United States doesn’t have jurisdiction over an individual, then that individual can commit a crime in the US with immunity.

No reasonable person would seriously argue that simply because someone has allegiance to a foreign country, they could murder an American citizen and get away with it.

No, I never said that. Subject to the Jurisdiction Therein meant that they have no allegiance with another country period.

So in my scenario, let's say China wanted to sneak in a dirty bomb using this Chinese citizen of theirs who is (by our standards) an American citizen. Much easier to do being an American citizen than being a visitor of some kind. Or you can even use any country from the middle-east for that matter.

Allegiance has nothing to do with jurisdiction.

If any person of any citizenship commits a crime in the US, unless they have sovereign immunity, the US has the power to prosecute that person. That’s what jurisdiction means. Allegiance is irrelevant.

FIRST OFF: Trump has already proven himself to be COMPLETELY IGNORANT concerning how Amendments are instituted, or changed. It is the function of The US Congress to initiate Amendments, or to alter Amendments.

Did Trump say he was going to change the amendment? If that's what you think, you need to brush up on your comprehension skills.

Here; shove this up your ass & stop playing your shitty lying crap

Not only do your comprehension skills suffer, you're deaf besides.

THEN WTF do you think he said, Einstein?

OK; I'm sorry. I didn't realize your are using 'English as a FIFTH FVCKING LANGUAGE'

Look you flamer. Trump said an amendment is not necessary for this process because an executive order is not changing the amendment. The amendment will stay the same, it's just that this phony anchor babies was never part of it. There were no anchor babies when the amendment was adopted. There were no legal or illegal immigrants either. It was never written for anchor babies. It was written for equality of slaves and their offspring.

Let me start off by saying I oppose Birthright Citizenship unless one parent is a US citizen but I am more opposed to Presidents acting like kings who think they can rule by an iron fist.
For YEARS we all railed against Obama's use of the executive pen and rightly so. Do not fall prey to that which you oppose simply because of a letter behind a mans name.
Today I heard Trump on the radio referring to Obama's Dream Act as the excuse for his threat to use the same method to alter the 14th amendment. An act that he Hope's the supreme court will overrule. Yet he wants you to cheer and clap at his own duplicity.

If you are a conservative ACT LIKE IT and stop looking the other way simply because you like Trump.
Not 100% certain it is the case that birthright citizenship applies to those who entered illegally. The closest thing I’ve seen is the Wong Kim Ark case. In that case, Arks parents were here LEGALLY, but still not naturalized citizens. This case went all the way up to the Supreme Court, with a 6-2 split decision, and this was a debate involving parents who were permitted entry, went back to China, tried to come back and were denied.

So the question is, does this same principle apply to parents who enter the country without that countries permission?

Many believe that subject to the jurisdiction thereof meant no other allegiance to another country. In the case of illegals, both they and the child do have an allegiance to their home country.

If an illegal couple has a kid here, moves back to China when the child is six months old and grows up there, that child is considered a Chinese citizen no matter where he was born. If war ever broke out between our countries, that child (now an adult) can infiltrate our country to do harm, and there is nothing we can do about it because the now adult has allegiance to the Chinese government.

Allegiance doesn’t matter to jurisdiction.

If the United States doesn’t have jurisdiction over an individual, then that individual can commit a crime in the US with immunity.

No reasonable person would seriously argue that simply because someone has allegiance to a foreign country, they could murder an American citizen and get away with it.

No, I never said that. Subject to the Jurisdiction Therein meant that they have no allegiance with another country period.

So in my scenario, let's say China wanted to sneak in a dirty bomb using this Chinese citizen of theirs who is (by our standards) an American citizen. Much easier to do being an American citizen than being a visitor of some kind. Or you can even use any country from the middle-east for that matter.

Allegiance has nothing to do with jurisdiction.

If any person of any citizenship commits a crime in the US, unless they have sovereign immunity, the US has the power to prosecute that person. That’s what jurisdiction means. Allegiance is irrelevant.

Birthright Citizenship | Federation for American Immigration Reform

You might want to hold your horses a little. He will be forcing the supreme court to finally rule on every aspect of the 14th when it comes to citizenship. They've already ruled that permanent residents children are citizens, but they've never applied that standard to illegals. It's time to get that clarified.

The real question is this:

Are you guys going to be pissed at Trump when he doesn’t issue the EO?

He said there were recordings of Comey. It was a lie. He slinked away like a little bitch. You guys ignored it.
He said Mueller was a jilted business partner. It was a lie. He slinked away like a little bitch. You guys ignored it.
He said he’d jail Hillary. It was a lie. He slinked away like a little bitch. You guys ignored it.
The threat to release the information about affairs of Congressmen, his Tax returns, his Military Parade, etc… All lies. All rapid withdraws from his statements.

Are you guys going to just accept another empty threat?

The real question is this:

Are you guys going to be pissed at Trump when he doesn’t issue the EO?

He said there were recordings of Comey. It was a lie. He slinked away like a little bitch. You guys ignored it.
He said Mueller was a jilted business partner. It was a lie. He slinked away like a little bitch. You guys ignored it.
He said he’d jail Hillary. It was a lie. He slinked away like a little bitch. You guys ignored it.
The threat to release the information about affairs of Congressmen, his Tax returns, his Military Parade, etc… All lies. All rapid withdraws from his statements.

Are you guys going to just accept another empty threat?

Hook, line and sinker.

Its not hypocrisy when the 14th amendment was never intended to grant citizenship to illegal anchor babies. Trump has the guts to correct this and force the SCOTUS to clarify the 14th amendment which is their job.

The 14th Amendment was never legally ratified to begin with. And on most of the decisions that SCOTUS lays down now are not what the founders intended. So, what difference does it make how we interpret an amendment that was illegal to begin with?

The truth always comes out, you're a weak ass fake Conservative!!

Babies born to illegal alien mothers within U.S. borders are called anchor babies because under the 1965 immigration Act, they act as an anchor that pulls the illegal alien mother and eventually a host of other relatives into permanent U.S. residency. (Jackpot babies is another term).

This isn't the act of a King, it's action we never get from elected officials, quit being afraid of the truth and start expecting our elected officials to do just that, act!

Trump is just setting up the legal scuffle on this. Part of Trump’s Comprehensive Illegal Immigration Reform Act

The 14th wasn't written to allow children of illegals to become US citizens, it's time to follow the Constitution as it is written and stop "interpreting" it to suit agendas.

I doubt an EO will hold up in the matter but it would open up the can of worms to allow it to be addressed by the courts. Gorusch and Kavanaugh are looking like sweet picks in that regard ...another reason Trump winning was so important

If you recall, Gorsuch has already ruled against Trump once in an immigration spat.

Its not hypocrisy when the 14th amendment was never intended to grant citizenship to illegal anchor babies. Trump has the guts to correct this and force the SCOTUS to clarify the 14th amendment which is their job.
Who says it doesn't apply? You? Your Constitutional Law degree came from where?

Babies born to illegal alien mothers within U.S. borders are called anchor babies because under the 1965 immigration Act, they act as an anchor that pulls the illegal alien mother and eventually a host of other relatives into permanent U.S. residency. (Jackpot babies is another term).

This isn't the act of a King, it's action we never get from elected officials, quit being afraid of the truth and start expecting our elected officials to do just that, act!

Yes, the truth DOES come out. Immigrants are being deported every day when they have American born children. Their babies do NOT anchor them here.

An EO ending it would be challenged in court I don't know if it would stand but when you have assholes in Congress on both sides who refuse to deal with the issue the options are pretty limited. If we were to end birthright citizenship we sure wouldn't be the first. Countries that have ended universal birthright citizenship include the United Kingdom, which ended the practice in 1983, Australia (1986), India (1987), Malta (1989), Ireland, which ended the practice through a national referendum in 2004, New Zealand (2006), and the Dominican Republic, which ended the practice in January 2010.

Yes, the truth DOES come out. Immigrants are being deported every day when they have American born children. Their babies do NOT anchor them here.

Sure they are, but the current immigration laws DO provide a path to their parents and relatives for US Citizenship...

Presidents are SUPPOSED TO BE near kings. This is entirely within his right. It will do what he intended it to do. It will be challenged and end up before the Supreme Court. Guess which side will win?
Idiot bullshit fuck you

Forum List

Back