If you support Trump ending Birthright Citizenship via executive order you're a hypocrite.

Let me start off by saying I oppose Birthright Citizenship unless one parent is a US citizen but I am more opposed to Presidents acting like kings who think they can rule by an iron fist.
For YEARS we all railed against Obama's use of the executive pen and rightly so. Do not fall prey to that which you oppose simply because of a letter behind a mans name.
Today I heard Trump on the radio referring to Obama's Dream Act as the excuse for his threat to use the same method to alter the 14th amendment. An act that he Hope's the supreme court will overrule. Yet he wants you to cheer and clap at his own duplicity.

If you are a conservative ACT LIKE IT and stop looking the other way simply because you like Trump.
Watch Joe Digenova on Lou Dobbs tonite.

Its not hypocrisy when the 14th amendment was never intended to grant citizenship to illegal anchor babies. Trump has the guts to correct this and force the SCOTUS to clarify the 14th amendment which is their job.

The fact he is trying to do so by EX Ord stinks to me. When the meat puppet faggot did it, we were pissed. We should still be pissed if we love our COTUS even if something is being done in our favor because it is being done the wrong way. It needs to be done by legislation and signed into law so that the next time the country goes full retard and elects another commie saboteur it can't be signed away by another EX Ord.

The US has no jurisdiction over Illegal Aliens other than to apprehend them and to process them.

The US does not have the same comprehensive jurisdiction over Illegal Aliens that it does its own citizens.

Playing to the "jurisdiction" theme, with an eye towards revisiting existing interpretations of the Fourteenth in that context...

It's time to issue an E.O, which will automatically trigger some LibTard group or another to obtain a stay from a LibTard Circuit Court.

It will then become an expedited test-case which will be affirmed by a LibTard Appeals Court in Honolulu or San Francisco.

It will then become an expedited docket in the hands of a 5-4 (soon to be 6-3) SCOTUS.

Its not hypocrisy when the 14th amendment was never intended to grant citizenship to illegal anchor babies. Trump has the guts to correct this and force the SCOTUS to clarify the 14th amendment which is their job.

The fact he is trying to do so by EX Ord stinks to me. When the meat puppet faggot did it, we were pissed. We should still be pissed if we love our COTUS even if something is being done in our favor because it is being done the wrong way. It needs to be done by legislation and signed into law so that the next time the country goes full retard and elects another commie saboteur it can't be signed away by another EX Ord.

I think the plan here is to get somebody to challenge it so it does eventually end up at the Supreme Court. Even Trump knows there is no way the left will let an EO like this stand, as it's their goal to flood our country with as many foreigners as possible.

I was watching a lawyer on television yesterday, and he believes that if Trump did as you say, it would stand a better chance at being upheld by the court. But who knows? Trump said he already ran this idea through his legal team.

How many Trumps benefited from birthright citizenship?

A lot of people are benefiting; the wrong people, that's the problem.

There are agencies who get people to enter our country legally, have a kid here, and go back home with a passport for the kid. Some of the fees charged are up to 50K. When that kid grows up, he or she can return to the US and apply for green cards for their parents, and then the rest of the family comes over as well.. They are also applicable for discounts in college since they are technically a US citizen at birth.

Let me start off by saying I oppose Birthright Citizenship unless one parent is a US citizen but I am more opposed to Presidents acting like kings who think they can rule by an iron fist.
For YEARS we all railed against Obama's use of the executive pen and rightly so. Do not fall prey to that which you oppose simply because of a letter behind a mans name.
Today I heard Trump on the radio referring to Obama's Dream Act as the excuse for his threat to use the same method to alter the 14th amendment. An act that he Hope's the supreme court will overrule. Yet he wants you to cheer and clap at his own duplicity.

If you are a conservative ACT LIKE IT and stop looking the other way simply because you like Trump.
I have no problem at all with the President, any president, testing his powers via EO's because we do have an effective system of checks and balances in place and if he oversteps his powers he will be checked by the courts or by an angry Congress. In fact, I think it would be a good thing if he does it because it would immediately lead to a reexamination of the 14th amendment by a less liberal court than in the past, start a public debate that will, if the Court does not strike it down on Constitutional grounds, lead to a reexamination of much of our immigration laws by Congress, hopefully by a Republican controlled Congress.

Birthright citizenship BEGAN as a fiat executive branch move without law or case law authorizing it, so why would it require anything more than a EO?

Here is Harry Reid assplaining it to you.

Harry Reid: It's insane to reward illegal immigrants by giving their children birthright citizenship

There are agencies who get people to enter our country legally, have a kid here, and go back home with a passport for the kid. Some of the fees charged are up to 50K. When that kid grows up, he or she can return to the US and apply for green cards for their parents, and then the rest of the family comes over as well.. They are also applicable for discounts in college since they are technically a US citizen at birth.

But....you did not answer the question.

But....you did not answer the question.

Then I'll ask another question: WTF are "Trumps?"

Not 100% certain it is the case that birthright citizenship applies to those who entered illegally. The closest thing I’ve seen is the Wong Kim Ark case. In that case, Arks parents were here LEGALLY, but still not naturalized citizens. This case went all the way up to the Supreme Court, with a 6-2 split decision, and this was a debate involving parents who were permitted entry, went back to China, tried to come back and were denied.

So the question is, does this same principle apply to parents who enter the country without that countries permission?

Trump is just setting up the legal scuffle on this. Part of Trump’s Comprehensive Illegal Immigration Reform Act

The 14th wasn't written to allow children of illegals to become US citizens, it's time to follow the Constitution as it is written and stop "interpreting" it to suit agendas.

I doubt an EO will hold up in the matter but it would open up the can of worms to allow it to be addressed by the courts. Gorusch and Kavanaugh are looking like sweet picks in that regard ...another reason Trump winning was so important
You are so proud of the Pussy Grabber, aren't you?

I'm proud of him for sending leftist assholes like you into hysterics.

Now why don't you address the topic instead of your usual flaming and nonsense?

The 14th was never intended to be used to give illegal's spawn citizenship.
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

It seems pretty fucking clear to me. A lot clearer than that well-regulated militia one.

LOL, you need more education boy.

Interesting SCOTUS case and ruling in this one...Elk v. Wilkins, 112 U.S. 94

Notice it was heard 16 years after the 14th was ratified and shoots the shit out of anyone born on US soil is an automatic citizen
No, it doesn't.

The US has no jurisdiction over Illegal Aliens other than to apprehend them and to process them.

The US does not have the same comprehensive jurisdiction over Illegal Aliens that it does its own citizens.

Playing to the "jurisdiction" theme, with an eye towards revisiting existing interpretations of the Fourteenth in that context...

It's time to issue an E.O, which will automatically trigger some LibTard group or another to obtain a stay from a LibTard Circuit Court.

It will then become an expedited test-case which will be affirmed by a LibTard Appeals Court in Honolulu or San Francisco.

It will then become an expedited docket in the hands of a 5-4 (soon to be 6-3) SCOTUS.

LOL...

Come on Ruth...

RUN towards the light Ruth.... run towards the light.... There's all sorts of free shit in the light Ruth...

this is NOT the way to do this. i hated it when obama did this shit and i hate it now.

congress - do your fucking job.

Not 100% certain it is the case that birthright citizenship applies to those who entered illegally. The closest thing I’ve seen is the Wong Kim Ark case. In that case, Arks parents were here LEGALLY, but still not naturalized citizens. This case went all the way up to the Supreme Court, with a 6-2 split decision, and this was a debate involving parents who were permitted entry, went back to China, tried to come back and were denied.

So the question is, does this same principle apply to parents who enter the country without that countries permission?

Many believe that subject to the jurisdiction thereof meant no other allegiance to another country. In the case of illegals, both they and the child do have an allegiance to their home country.

If an illegal couple has a kid here, moves back to China when the child is six months old and grows up there, that child is considered a Chinese citizen no matter where he was born. If war ever broke out between our countries, that child (now an adult) can infiltrate our country to do harm, and there is nothing we can do about it because the now adult has allegiance to the Chinese government.

You are wrong....

Just because we oppose libtards changing the rules

doesn't mean we shouldn't use their own tactics against them

after they do it first....

Fluck them and anybody that doesn't like it....

I don't support doing this by executive order. It needs to go to the SCOTUS to be clarified. Once Trump tries to actually wave his magic wand, it will quickly be challenged, and eventually end up there.

And if the SCOTUS reaffirms Wok Kim Ark?

Forum List

Back