If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane

medieval gun laws.

Did they have gun laws in the middle ages?
cave-gun-right-side.jpg

Well gee obviously those people are exceptions because they are trained on using and securing their weapons

So, what you're saying is, teachers are too dumb to be trained?

On the job, I wear a level III retention holster which will prevent most attempts at a gun grab. However, if I'm incapacitated from behind, it will not prevent the assailant from taking the gun from my unconscious form.

Soldiers, on the other hand, wear little or not retention on their primary firearm.
Good lord dude. Even if every armed teacher got adequate training (which wouldn’t happen), it doesn’t change the fact that they are still teachers. Cops and soldiers’ entire mindset is focused on being vigilant to possible threats. It’s not like a teacher can effectively do their jobs if they are constantly on alert for the very unlikely possibility of someone shooting up their school.
And I don’t care how well trained someone is, a 60+ year old 5 foot female teacher is not stopping a 6+ foot male teenager from taking her firearm. She’ll just be the first one he shoots. There’s a reason the vast majority of teachers are against guns in schools.

Every teacher I know is against having guns in school. I remember having metal detectors at the gates to our school. That would be a start.
And large iron gates and video cameras and a school police officer. Still violence though. Kids got stabbed. I don't recall anyone getting shot during school.

“If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane”

And in either case conservative.
Actually, precisely the opposite is the case. If you think disarming the public makes it safe, this episode should disabuse you of that notion. Where do mass shooters always go to ply their trade? They go where guns aren't allowed, of course.

Well gee obviously those people are exceptions because they are trained on using and securing their weapons

On the job, I wear a level III retention holster which will prevent most attempts at a gun grab. However, if I'm incapacitated from behind, it will not prevent the assailant from taking the gun from my unconscious form.

Soldiers, on the other hand, wear little or not retention on their primary firearm.
Good lord dude. Even if every armed teacher got adequate training (which wouldn’t happen), it doesn’t change the fact that they are still teachers. Cops and soldiers’ entire mindset is focused on being vigilant to possible threats. It’s not like a teacher can effectively do their jobs if they are constantly on alert for the very unlikely possibility of someone shooting up their school.
And I don’t care how well trained someone is, a 60+ year old 5 foot female teacher is not stopping a 6+ foot male teenager from taking her firearm. She’ll just be the first one he shoots. There’s a reason the vast majority of teachers are against guns in schools.

Sure she will stop him, when she pulls a bead on him and then pulls the trigger.

a few weeks of training is worthless in REAL life--
Again-this is not the movies/TV/etc--but real life
it's not as easy as ''just arming teachers''/etc
even the police are notorious for inaccuracy
HARSH REALITY: Police Are Not Highly Trained Firearms Experts
In most real-life violent situations the non-law-abiding person has the upper hand and the law enforcer needs to adapt
  • Average inaccurate shots fired totaled 78
Situational Stress and Shooting Accuracy For Police

A Hail of Bullets, a Heap of Uncertainty

Thirdly- Time. Working aggressive and demanding skill training and exercises into a typical patrol officers week is very difficul
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-police...hit-the-target-What-should-be-done-about-that

I've fired M9 and M1911A1 for competition and it is NOT easy to hit even center mass at a stationary target at even 10 yards without a lot of practice---as cross checked by links on trained police above
10 Cases Where A Concealed Carry Handgun Saved The Day

Most of these NRA cadets shoot themselves anyway. Armed teachers isnt going to be a deterrent. America has failed.

No, tainty, that would be you. America is still going strong. Stronger than the UK has done in over a century. And take a look dude. The UK that you grew up in is long gone. The most prolific name in the UK now is Mohamed. You will be gone long before the US is.... Just sayin...
You are so ignorant old fella. Our kids go to schools and come home when school is over. Imagine that !!

Currently. Give it a few years, then get back to us. As the old saying go's..."you ain't seen nothin yet!"

Lol. You are deflecting. Here is the news. No UK schools have been shot up this year, or last.

20 US schools have been shot up since xmas because of your medieval gun laws.

Its a sick situation in a failed society.

Lara Logan, UK Rape Gangs, and Europe’s Muslim Mob Sex Assaults

No, tainty, that would be you. America is still going strong. Stronger than the UK has done in over a century. And take a look dude. The UK that you grew up in is long gone. The most prolific name in the UK now is Mohamed. You will be gone long before the US is.... Just sayin...
You are so ignorant old fella. Our kids go to schools and come home when school is over. Imagine that !!

Currently. Give it a few years, then get back to us. As the old saying go's..."you ain't seen nothin yet!"

Lol. You are deflecting. Here is the news. No UK schools have been shot up this year, or last.

20 US schools have been shot up since xmas because of your medieval gun laws.

Its a sick situation in a failed society.

Which is a lie, as you very well know. The number is 3, which is still too high, but the reality is idiotic progressives, like you refuse to protect the kids because you need the body count to push your authoritarian dictatorship down peoples throats. And, more to the point, pretty much everyone knew the kid was a dangerous threat, and YOUR vaunted government, did nothing.
My government ? My government is absolute shite. But they are still better than your bought and paid for maggots.

Britain once ruled a great empire. Now it's a nation of spineless weasels.

Really? Look at faun the dumbshit. Here are three of HUNDREDS of similar cases.

‘I tried to kill him’: Pistol-packing granny faces down armed intruder

Elderly Homeowner Shoots Home Invader in Self Defense

Would-be intruder killed by elderly man identified

Grandmother who killed man in pet spa acted in self-defense, DA says

The OP "may" have a point.....

Most teachers are Leftists
Most Leftists are weak, hysterical Spazzes
They would probably wet themselves and tumble in a corner bawling like a 2 year old.........

When they heard the first gunshot...... 2 blocks away

images

The majority of all teachers I have ever worked with were conservative and attended church on a regular basis.

"God made man, but samuel colt made them equal"

- Samual Colt -​

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

This idea is so dumb that it blows my mind grown adults came up with it.

My wife just spent the entire day doing drills. She teaches at a religious school. They pray everyday and have mass on Wed. (guess which faith ha-ha)

Anyway...They were showing the teachers how to lower kids to the ground from the window.

The new fucking normal.

It seems insane that we haven’t been preparing students for emergencies the whole time.

How is this different from the sixties when they were doing nuke drills? At least these drills will actually keep people alive. We could prepare them by teaching basic first aid as well. That way if the worst happens more survive and more these skills can be used at more than just schools

Why do you think we are not preparing students for emergencies??

I once taught the entire 7th grade of my school CPR. First aid is taught as part of the health curriculum.

We do earthquake tornado, fire, and active shooter drills on a regular basis.

They cant pay teachers enough as it is already. Now they want them to be trained as body guards.

I would think wanting to survive would be motivation enough but I’m sure we could provide financial incentives.

And teachers get paid plenty. Especially when their output is this crappy

Florida teachers are some of the most notoriously unpaid in this country.

"God made man, but samuel colt made them equal"

- Samual Colt -​
Sounds like a tiny guy that needed something to compensate for being teeny.

Sure she will stop him, when she pulls a bead on him and then pulls the trigger.
You think he is going to wait for her to do that? What an idiot you are. :laugh:

You just made my point. Your idea of putting guns in classrooms already resulted in a student getting shot.

Forum List

Back